Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank's:" the project to delete the zeros will be applied beginning of the year 2017

yota691

jg1

You might want to look and see how many countries don't rise to the level of bbb.  Also when they did the same thing back in 06 it didn't end up in an RV or a tradable currency. When they tried again in 2013 they were waved off owing to the mess the country was in. Don't be surprised if that happens again. That's probably why Adam isn't excited about it. Just imo of course.

• Upvote 1

Remember SNB and Swiss Franc?

In Dec.2014 SNB MADE A STATEMENT that EFFECTIVE Jan.22 2015 they would be introducing negative interest rate and would begin to charge 0.25% interest on bank deposits to HOLD DOWN the value of swiss franc. They even sold francs on the open market in exchange for euros!!

But just a week before Jan 22, they uncapped from EURO and the value of swiss franc immediately soared 30% above EURO.

That's how central bank works. No notice, no warning, no nothing.

In the case of SNB, they even LIED.

• Upvote 11

Can't argue with the "no notice,no warning,no nothing" scenario.

I vividly recall when the CBI did just that when, under the cover of darkness, they went from 1170 to 1166/1 ..

Kidding aside,it was a surprise when the Swiss uncapped but they regret it now..Yesterdays headlines state the overvalued Franc has the Swiss on the brink of their 1st recession in years.

• Upvote 1

Zul is absolutely correct...This article is big time smoke.  Its how all currency changes work, how all stock splits work, how all buy outs  work.--and the Swiss decoupling from the Euro is a great example.  Billions of dollars and several forex firms went out of business just over that one very secret move. Anyone who thinks this article is real needs to sell out your IQD now to someone who deserves it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't think this is smoke

2017 is on par with what I remember reading a while back but few wanted to believe it. Think it was around 2013 or 2014 and from Iraq sources not gurus gave around a 3 year time frame when everything was ready set go. So yeah I do not believe this is smoke either. I was already expecting this although sooner would have been nicer.

• Upvote 2

In Dec.2014 SNB MADE A STATEMENT that EFFECTIVE Jan.22 2015 they would be introducing negative interest rate and would begin to charge 0.25% interest on bank deposits to HOLD DOWN the value of swiss franc. They even sold francs on the open market in exchange for euros!!

But just a week before Jan 22, they uncapped from EURO and the value of swiss franc immediately soared 30% above EURO.

So it raised 30 %.in value

But most people here are expecting 100,000% rise in value in the IQD.

I personally dont have enough IQD for 30% to mean much.

Edited by Freedomrules
  • Upvote 1

Not sure why tiars brother keeps labelling these articles smoke it kinda shows how misinformed you really are ,seems they have been putting out smoke for a very long time then....we all know it's your opinion and that's cool but I have a gut feeling you will be seeing these smoke articles for few years yet ....I'm not selling what I have im curious to see if there is a end game in this dinar fiasco ..

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Zul is absolutely correct...This article is big time smoke.  Its how all currency changes work, how all stock splits work, how all buy outs  work.--and the Swiss decoupling from the Euro is a great example.  Billions of dollars and several forex firms went out of business just over that one very secret move. Anyone who thinks this article is real needs to sell out your IQD now to someone who deserves it.

These are EXCELLENT points and exactly what I was attempting to say below!   No country is going to release a press statement or "tip-off" exactly what they are doing with their fiscal policies.  If they did, markets would be in turmoil!   I don't like sitting around waiting on Iraq anymore than anyone else on this board but with the issuance of bonds and the upcoming credit rating, IMO, things are stating to look really great!

I agree, the CBI is not going to give any hints on what they are doing or not doing.   

Edited by drj
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

These are EXCELLENT points and exactly what I was attempting to say below! No country is going to release a press statement or "tip-off" exactly what they are doing with their fiscal policies. If they did, markets would be in turmoil! I don't like sitting around waiting on Iraq anymore than anyone else on this board but with the issuance of bonds and the upcoming credit rating, IMO, things are stating to look really great!

Exactly :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion Iraq can't wait till 2017

Reducing the note count from 4 billion to 1 Billion goal.... Still working on

Removal of 50 dinar note from circulation ... Done

Introducing 50k and 100k note... I don't believe in this. I believe they are talking the new lower denomination with more value

Pumping dollars into the economy... Two to three hundred millions a day

Prime minister, finance minister, oil minister and CBI governor. All in the same page

QI cards been distributed

Banking laws and investment laws been approved

CBI reserves double all dinar in circulation

Credit rating ... Work in progress

HCL on the table.

Dollarize.... RV..... Dedollarize

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go dinar

Go $0.85+

• Upvote 5

In my opinion Iraq can't wait till 2017

Reducing the note count from 4 billion to 1 Billion goal.... Still working on

Removal of 50 dinar note from circulation ... Done

Introducing 50k and 100k note... I don't believe in this. I believe they are talking the new lower denomination with more value

Pumping dollars into the economy... Two to three hundred millions a day

Prime minister, finance minister, oil minister and CBI governor. All in the same page

QI cards been distributed

Banking laws and investment laws been approved

CBI reserves double all dinar in circulation

Credit rating ... Work in progress

HCL on the table.

Dollarize.... RV..... Dedollarize

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go dinar

Go $0.85+

Yep! but

Go $1+

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

People were compensated for those 50 notes...Some Dinarians and some Iraqis I suspect weren't quick enough to redeem them but imo it had nothing to do with removing the 3 zero notes..

The 50 note was worth less than a nickel,had no security features and were cost ineffective to reprint.

The 50 note does have security features, it contains a strip threw the bill, it has a Horse image showing if you glance at it...it has numerical serial # on the Arabic side of the note...it also contains raise lettering on the Arabic side as well....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The 50 Note was not included in the enhanced security re-printing and not accepted at banks..

See Thugs posting of 4/8/2014 and Visio's post of 2/26/2015.

You'll see the enhanced security re-printing started with the 250 note.

The real point is the talk of "sucking in the zero notes" and "reducing the note count" started years before any talk of recalling the 50 note and there is absolutely no proof to support those statements.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The 50 Note was not included in the enhanced security re-printing and not accepted at banks..

See Thugs posting of 4/8/2014 and Visio's post of 2/26/2015.

You'll see the enhanced security re-printing started with the 250 note.

Which 50 note are you referring to...this Fifty note is what I'm referring to......Central Bank announces the withdrawal of the coin "50" DT and replaced as of today

fsdsfdsdfdddsf.jpg

BAGHDAD - Iraq Press - March 1 / March: The Central Bank of Iraq announced the start replacing the coin 50 dinars as of this March after his decision to drag. 

He added that the bank "Due to stop the public from trading cash paper category 50 dinars, he decided to withdraw this banknote from trading on the basis of the powers vested in Article 36 of the Bank Act No. 56 of 2004", "The banks and their branches will start replacing these banknotes presented to it without fee or commission, and will be deposited with the bank and its branches for the purpose of restricting the corresponding value in the accounts we have. "

"The term, which will replace the banknotes will begin on the first of March to 30 of April next," he said, adding that "the end of the replacement period banknote will be null and void and has no discharge power will not be accepted in Iraq." Admiral ended 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/198116-central-bank-announces-the-withdrawal-of-the-coin-50-dt-and-replaced-as-of-today/#ixzz3eMf8HdY5