Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why are we in Iraq and Afghanistan

Why are we in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Thought I would Google it. Our Administration certainly has not given us a concrete reason why we went to war and why we are still there. We have lost so many loved ones and so many more have returned seriously injured. 

We worry about our investment in Dinar and dwell on articles that come out of Iraq saying they are improving their lifestyle. Why should we care?

Why are we spending billions of dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I don't get it?

I have read several of the links that I googled.

http://why are we in iraq and afghanistan

• Upvote 4

***///

The war-mongering PTB love a good war.... makes them richer...  that's how they roll.

Will stick their noses anywhere there's regional conflict,

further inflame it and arm, arm, arm to the hilt to keep fattening their coffers.

Oil...? You betcha !....Love that poppy trade, too... you bet.

...follow the money... follow the money... follow the money.....

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

All these guys do is ask for help. Been doing it for over ten years. When is the war in Iraq going to pay for itself?

Now we got the kurds saying they need money to fight off ISIS.

Somebody is getting rich and it ain't us. lol

Edited by djgabrielie1

Iraq is in a strategic position in the ME.  It can be a vital base of operation against forces that we might need to fight: Russia, Syria, Iran, Jordan, MEastern Coalition, etc.  

Certainly there is the oil question, but the USA has a lot of oil if the companies are allowed to get it out of the ground.  But the positioning of troops in the future in Iraq and Afghanistan I believe is the chief reason.  At least this was the original purpose.  The present administration doesn't know the first thing about military strategy and could care less.  He wanted out of both countries because it was politically expedient to get out.  We get out, he  gets more votes.     

Iraq is in a strategic position in the ME.  It can be a vital base of operation against forces that we might need to fight: Russia, Syria, Iran, Jordan, MEastern Coalition, etc.  

Certainly there is the oil question, but the USA has a lot of oil if the companies are allowed to get it out of the ground.  But the positioning of troops in the future in Iraq and Afghanistan I believe is the chief reason.  At least this was the original purpose.  The present administration doesn't know the first thing about military strategy and could care less.  He wanted out of both countries because it was politically expedient to get out.  We get out, he  gets more votes.     

Not the most current map but kind of gives you some idea of what we have had in the past.  I agree with you about this administration.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UYS5QYOxsFo/UC02JGrTUTI/AAAAAAAAAHI/nKWuV-ZYEO8/s1600/US+military+bases+ME_1.jpg

I can see George Jr's rationale for going initially. I can see where Obama wanted to be re-elected and pull the troops out. I can even understand to a certain point why we are redeploying troops back to Iraq and refortifying Afghanistan.

Every time I think about 9/11, Pearl Harbor, The Cuban Missile Crisis, and other events. We always had some sort of explanation to why we were at war.

However; no explanation to buy into this has happened with the public. Remember Vietnam, Korea, The Gulf War, Desert Storm?

I guess I'm getting to old to understand this unconventional warfare. I more use to conventional warfare. I am the third of four generations that have served this country and I pray every day that my daughter and son in law are safe and my grandchildren will never have to go to war.

Bomb these guys back to the stone age already!  If you have ever served in the military, you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Upvote 1

***///

Good on ya, DJG !   :twothumbs:   We're all pretty sick and tired of runnin' all over the place puttin' out the fires of ignorance....

So to better understand the rationale, ya gotta look at who exactly profits... and it has never been,

since Our own Independence and WWII, a good thing for anybody but the evil bankers.

STEALTHWARRIOR is correct --

let them alone to sort it out without the money-making interests interfering and the world would see peace a helluva lot sooner -

as the ignorant morons who still raise a hand to one-another cross-eliminate themselves.

We're there because it's good for the economy! War is good, big business folks. Yes, Iraq and that part of the world is militarily strategic and all that, but if we control that part of the world, then we can keep a thumb on the oil output...which translates to money which translates to power. Manipulation by any Machiavellian means means the U.S. remains the most powerful entity on the planet. We are there for the money. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 2

However; no explanation to buy into this has happened with the public. Remember Vietnam, Korea, The Gulf War, Desert Storm?

Hi DJG  :)

It is called agenda, and the fact endless war is endless profit for the bankers who fund them.

All good questions, sometimes the answers are not what we want to hear.

• Upvote 2

Popular opinion got us out of Iraq!

Our sorry tree hugger/nonviolence society caused this mess!

We wasted our American blood in those sands (Regardless of weather we should have gone initially or not) and now it looks like we need to go AGAIN!

I hate that! Plus, I hate the fact that the Iraqi people (50 million) can not stand up to 30 thousand terrorist.

We waste money/equipment/time/effort training these cowards! They show up to get paid, get fed, get clothing but they will not fight!

We should just save a lot of money & purchase Nike running shoes so they can run away better! :(

The big question is :   Why did we get out when we did.....   We should have finished the job and THEN get out.  Then we wouldn't have to be going back there again.

To fulfill a campaign promise of Obama.  

We're there because it's good for the economy! War is good, big business folks. Yes, Iraq and that part of the world is militarily strategic and all that, but if we control that part of the world, then we can keep a thumb on the oil output...which translates to money which translates to power. Manipulation by any Machiavellian means means the U.S. remains the most powerful entity on the planet. We are there for the money. Plain and simple.

Agreed.

and so here we are today with a new Never Ending War on Terror against an enemy that is ever changing in fashion, style, appearance, location (remote & domestic), and citizenship.  The required funding to defend against this type of threat must be ever increasing.  that is why we are in the ME.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 7

So where is the funding?  Since Obama the funding for military operations has been in a steady decline.  We have the smallest military force since the WWI.  

The question is not whether we should be in Afghanistan or Iraq, but why are there?  Or, maybe we should ask, should we be there now?  If so the thread would change. 

Why are we there?  Defensive and Offensive positioning strategically and the oil.  Will the war mongers profit because we are there? Without doubt!  They always do and it does not matter who or where the war is being fought.  It is there game of greed.    

Trinity, I can't agree with your assessment that the USA started planned and instigated 911 just for the funding.  I don't believe the conspiracy theories that are tossed around.  Suppositions based on innuendos makes for exciting reading but it is pure fiction.  And so far I have not seen anything that proves that our government was involved in the attacks of 911.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1