Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas police chief says officer's actions at pool party indefensible – video

umbertino

Police officials in McKinney, Texas, announce the resignation of a white policeman who threw a black girl to the ground and waved a gun at other teenagers during a pool party. McKinney police chief Greg Conley says the actions of Corporal Eric Casebolt were 'indefensible', and in no way supported by police protocol. Casebolt had been a 10-year veteran of the McKinney police force

Source: Reuters

Wednesday 10 June 2015 09.16 BST

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2015/jun/10/texas-mckinney-police-officer-pool-party-video

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

***///

Excellent synopsis, TANKDUDE --- but the average angry left is immune to reason.

They'll continue to bait, attack, act out, set-up, lure, and then assassinate our Peace Officers both figuratively and literally.

Because they need to continue to deflect and distract the ignorant masses whilst they snake around destroying Our Republic.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

the badged-bully-cop's boss admitted on national television that his actions were indefensible, but yet you all are expert enough to defend him?  and in the same breath claim the "angry left is immune to reason."  HA!  some here are borderline delusional i tell ya.... 

Hey Mister/Miss! Better control that attitude! Just remember, those uniformed, state-sponsored, tax-parasites, I mean, fine police officers, are here to protect us! Show them the upmost respect or be tasered or shot. And, YES, as the video clearly shows, the thug was threatening and moving in threatening manner and was being totally disrespectful to order. Oh, I'm sorry I was describing the uniformed thug. Well, the kid was being a little too close to the upstanding office and that scared him. He did only as his training taught him, "Black person gets close...Draw your weapon". Hahahhahaaa. Yep, defend the State at all cost.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

That cop was cursing, running around like a chicken with his head cut off, out of control!!!

From what his Captain is saying...I gather that this was NOT okay with him. BRAVO!!!

Perhaps more LEO officials will take the hint from him and NOT defend their officers

when they KNOW they were wrong. That crap used to fly...not anymore.

JMHO

• Upvote 1

Hey Mister/Miss! Better control that attitude! 

quite the contrary.  all of you who prefer a nazi-police state whereby all citizen's rights are suspended at the whim of an officer-of-the-law need to control your attitude.  many of us appreciate the police and their service to the community HOWEVER we also hold accountable any person taking an oath of public trust.  we patriots know OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS are valued highly above ANY "protection" offered by any state.  but you citizens who need to be protected against all of the terrorists running around are so quick to relinquish your rights for a feeling of safety.  

anyway, the bully after resigning did the right thing and offered an apology.  he doesn't even defend his actions that day.  so how can you still defend it?? (incredible)

The lawyer for a McKinney, Texas, police officer who has become the country’s latest exemplification of bad cop behavior on Wednesday blamed her client’s aggressive actions on emotional stress.

Cpl. Eric Casebolt was captured on video Friday evening wrestling a teenage girl to the ground and pointing his gun at two other teens while answering a disturbance call at an unruly party at a neighborhood pool in suburban Dallas.

“He never intended to mistreat anyone,” his attorney, Jane Bishkin, said at a Wednesday afternoon news conference. “He apologizes to all who were offended.”

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Hey Mister/Miss! Better control that attitude! Just remember, those uniformed, state-sponsored, tax-parasites, I mean, fine police officers, are here to protect us! Show them the upmost respect or be tasered or shot. And, YES, as the video clearly shows, the thug was threatening and moving in threatening manner and was being totally disrespectful to order. Oh, I'm sorry I was describing the uniformed thug. Well, the kid was being a little too close to the upstanding office and that scared him. He did only as his training taught him, "Black person gets close...Draw your weapon". Hahahhahaaa. Yep, defend the State at all cost.

HELLOooooo to the folks that gave him rubies.....Please read Thaiexpat's post again.

Hint: <sarcasm>.

I wish they could have shown more of the video before he grabbed the girl and same when the cop drew his wepon. I was tought to respect authority and do what I am told and ask questions later. There could have been resisting arrest, approaching a police officer when a person is questioning someone or arresting someone in a crowd during a may-lay is a bad idea.

The people that point fingers to over reaction step up and fill that policemen's position. You think there is crime now, wait til the cops are afraid to arrest or touch a suspect due to back lash. Same with all authority like immigration enforcement, wait that has already happened, look at the people pouring across our boarders.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

but jg1 in the chief's news statement he says that there were 12 officers on site.  this is partly why the one officer's actions are indefensible.  if the situation was out of control and he was the only officer on site, we can all understand it.  but there were 11 other officers there and this clown was running around like a maniac escalating a situation.  he even with into a TJ Hooker barrel roll like he was in an action movie.  

the chief caved to the PC left and the whitehouse mandates

please quit it.  quit trying to make it fit your agenda.  police chief's don't cave.  open your eyes and see that with 12 officers covering the situation, this long guy was out of control.  the out of control cop even apologized and says that he was stressed out from previous happenings that day.  why are you all so bent on creating a defense to an indefensible situation?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

please hear it for yourself from the chief, "....he came into the call OUT OF CONTROL and as the video shows was out of control during the incident.....I had 12 officers on the scene and 11 of them performed according to their training..."

how can anyone say anything different than this?!  i am convinced there are people who are beyond reason and dialogue being already set in concrete in their viewpoints.  very unfortunate.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's safer to do nothing so it looks like that's what most police officers will be doing in the future

i disagree, respectfully.  i do not believe this is as polarizing as being made out (do something vs do nothing).  this is about following protocol.  if you operate in the public trust then you are insured only up to the protocols established.  when operating outside of those protocols and well established procedures, the liability no longer lie with the public trust but falls squarely on the individual.  

so many want to make inappropriate police behavior out to be an issue of whether people like or dislike police when it has nothing to do with that.  it has everything to do with the protocols, regulations and procedures established for operating the public trust.  when you are in a position of public trust, you are confined to those protocols; period.  if you want to operate outside of those well established protocols then turn in your badge and create your own private company.  

the chief here stated clearly that this officer, although properly trained in protocol and procedure, operated clearly outside of his training.  he operated outside of the insurance policy.  

OK.when a police officer gives a command and it is not followed what do you do then,let the person walk away run away or do you have to take action. that is where the training needs to come in.

• Upvote 3

Police are already backing off. look at Baltimore. They are turning a blind eye and now  the very people that were condemning them are asking them to step back up and do their job. I hope to see more police backing away and let the chaos begin. maybe people will realize what a tough job it really is. 

• Upvote 1

OK.when a police officer gives a command and it is not followed what do you do then,let the person walk away run away or do you have to take action. that is where the training needs to come in.

thanks for responding jg1.  now i am beginning to see where there may be some disconnect in the opinions formed here at dv among members.  from your response it is safe for me to assume that some members here believe any and all commands given by a police officer is binding at law.  however this is certainly not true.  for instance let's use the example of the teen detained by the police until her parents arrived since it has drawn so much attention.  let's dissect it a bit.

1. the officer tells the girl and the group she is with, "if y'all keep standing there running your mouths you are going to go to jail!"  the kids who are residents of the community reply, "i aint doing nothing" at which he responds, "i don't care, leave!".  
  2. the girl and her group are leaving (according to the officer's command) and walks a good 50 feet away from the spot of command.  however the girl expresses verbally her dislike for how she is spoken to.  the officer takes exception to this and renounces the command he just gave her "to leave" and changes it to a command "you know what, let's go!"  and there decides "you're going to jail for &^!#!*7 "  
  3. he commands her to get down on your face because he didn't appreciate her tone of voice.  he tells her that she is going to jail.  
  4. while detaining her he tells her that "you are going to jail IF you don't quit fighting me....and....you are going to jail if you don't quit talking."  however, while lying prone, she was evidently not fighting the officer although she was telling the officer that he was hurting her among other verbal protest to her treatment.  

there is a whole lot more we could discuss from the full raw 20 minute video footage that was inappropriate but let's focus on the young girl.  for now though i will address my 4 points from above.

1. they followed his command.  the officer mentioned the term "mob" but at this point it is debatable because the "mob" was dissipating according to his command.  both groups of girls were walking away.  the girl who was detained/arrested walked a good 50 feet away at the officer's command.
  2. according to what we see, there is a gross violation of the right to free speech.  unless in custody where the justice system subrogates an individual's right at law, no public servant has blanket authority to silence the people or the media.  and to do so under threat of jail or fatal force is simply gross misconduct.  the girls were leaving and are allowed to say whatever they want to say....there is no law against it. 
  3. the officer never informed the girl if she was being placed under arrest, why she was being placed under arrest, what her rights are, or the implications of waving those rights.  in a swift shifting of emotions, the officer whimsically changes his command from "leave now" to "you are going to jail".  then he changes it to jail as an ultimatum.  again he has circumvented the criminal process and treaded upon the girls constitutional rights.  at this point she is simply being bullied because there is "no charge" in effect against her of which can be "discharged".  he has taken from her any remedy because he hasn't given her a "cause" of which to provide a legal "answer".  he has not expressed to her the crime that she committed.
  4. at this point the teenager is in evident pain after enduring an assault and violation of her God given rights without any explained legal cause.  violence is perpetrated upon her however there is provided to her no charge or accusation of damages for which to answer.  

i imagine at some point the officer realized it had been a very long day and he was standing outside of the confines of criminal process, but it was too late.  he had violated the code and the public trust and will face the penalty for it.  no one is above the constitutional rights of the people, badge or none.  when you arbitrarily take away one's rights you take away all of our rights and have become a danger to the public trust.  you either must be retrained or retired, but you are no longer any good for the public trust.  

just my 2c as plainly as I can express it....

I did not know she was following the police officers commands as you stated. in that case she was doing what she was told and that placeman acted inappropriately. I hope these are the facts instead. it's hard to get the real facts right after the incident.especially from the media

tankdude i appreciate your viewpoint but i saw things an entirely different way.  i saw the boys come around to the girls aid just like others did.  the guy you highlighted in your posting however was not reaching for a gun.......his shorts were falling down.  he was pulling his shorts back up.  how did you come to the conclusion of a shooting stance and drawing of a weapon???  it is abundantly clear to me that his pants were continually being pulled up even before he came into the forefront.  

amazing

• Upvote 1

I did not know she was following the police officers commands as you stated. in that case she was doing what she was told and that placeman acted inappropriately. I hope these are the facts instead. it's hard to get the real facts right after the incident.especially from the media

i hear you my friend.  if you will, click on the video link i provided and go to the 2:40 second mark.  you can just freeze it right there.  she is the girl in the far right with the yellow bottom bikini.  she is the furthest away of the 2 groups of girls.  yes, she probably has a mouth on her because i kept hearing her say something about "telling my momma."  but she obeyed his command. 

now if they were told to leave and they didn't that would be a different issue.

you have a point because at some point it could probably be legally deemed a "mob" and i imagine the police have a policy for mob control.  but once control of a mob is established and people are safe distance away, then there is no more danger of mob violence.

• Upvote 2

Given the media's propensity to get it WRONG... I'm convinced that we should ALWAYS question the narrative the MSM presents. Don't fall for it... it's embarrassing! :blush: Besides, between what the neighbors, the security guard and the policemen have said vs a bunch of disrespectful party crashers who overstayed their welcome (at best)... I have the imagination to see why this went in the ditch. The police were trying to restore order. "Leave" means LEAVE NOW. What should the officers do when this is ignored? IMO... In this situation, if you choose to stay and continue to be disrespectful, make threatening gestures, damage property, scream at the officers and resist... you have made a poor choice and must badly need to learn a lesson. RESPECT. Respect for others, for property, the rules of civil society, and ultimately for authority (be it an officer, a security guard or outraged neighborhood homeowners). Tolerate the behavior just once and expect that to be the new norm. No thanks.

Did the one officer handle it poorly? Sure... it sounds like he'd already had a terrible day. ( http://www.ibtimes.com/mckinney-officer-eric-casebolt-apologizes-pool-party-fracas-says-earlier-suicide-1961801 ) But to dismiss everything but his overreaction is denying the truth. If these "kids" had been respectful and followed the rules, none of this would have happened. The officer has apologized... how about a little personal responsibility from the party organizer and attendees.

Cops vs. screaming bikinis

By Deborah C. Tyler

Eric Casebolt may have thwarted many crimes and saved many lives during the course of his career as a police officer. He might no longer get the chance. The spliced and diced video appears to show that he overreacted at the McKinney Texas pool party by pulling his weapon and in the methods he used to control the bikini-clad teenager who was screaming at him.

Still-framing the video shows a more complicated picture. It shows two young men rushing him from behind on his weapon side. Protocol requires Officer Casebolt to maintain weapon control at all times. The video also appears to show that his finger was never in the trigger group, but rather beside the barrel and never in the firing position. The way he used the weapon was a tactic to gain control, which posed no danger. When slowed, the video shows Casebolt using restraint.

But there's no slowing down the attack on police today.

People of every race and socioeconomic status are justly and reasonably afraid for their safety when confronted with out-of-control groups of black kids. Scintillating books have been written about this recurrent phenomenon, as they should be. But when the police are called to a situation like a pool party with reports of fights and party-crashing, they are in an impossible situation. Hopefully there are a lot of angels who want to be police officers, because mortal men are no longer qualified.

Corporal Eric Casebolt is a stud I would would love to have him in the city I live in.

Anyone who has been through BUD/s is welcomed in my home!

Hey bigwave... What's BUD/s?
  • Upvote 5