Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pope Francis To Followers: “Koran And Holy Bible Are The Same”

Markinsa

Pope Francis To Followers: “Koran And Holy Bible Are The Same” - See more at: http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/#sthash.2lLxHIlb.niFpp7eP.dpuf

AP609774504690-PopeFrancis-300x216.jpg

On Monday the Bishop Of Rome addressed Catholic followers regarding the dire importance of exhibiting religious tolerance. During his hour-long speech, a smiling Pope Francis was quoted telling the Vatican’s guests that the Koran, and the spiritual teachings contained therein, are just as valid as the Holy Bible
“Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each others beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God.”

The pontiff drew harsh criticisms in December after photos of the 78-year-old Catholic leader was released depicting Pope Francis kissing a Koran. The Muslim Holy Book was given to Francis during a meeting with Muslim leaders after a lengthy Muslim prayer held at the Vatican.

St. John Paul II has courted several controversies since being elected as Pope Benedicto XVI’s replacement in 2013. Francis has gone on record to say that homosexuals are not to be judged, Proselytism is nonsense and has endorsed the usage of contraceptive by Catholics.

The Vatican will meet again with Muslim leaders in late February where they plan to talk about further steps that can be taken to spread understanding and awareness of the Islamic religion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Pope is a strong political figure, and what he says carries a lot of weight for RCatholics.  However, for anyone who has studied the Bible, his words are rather lame.  He is more political than biblical, more religious than Christian.  He does not speak for Christians but only the Catholic Church.  

For him to say that the Bible and the Koran is blasphemy to the core.  Ignorance could not speak any louder.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The Pope is just a man who is a political leader with a religious twist.  His opinions are just that opinions.  He does not sit as a representative of God, but of the Catholic Church.  Nor does he sit in the place of Christ on earth.  That is religious and not biblical.  He may be a very good man, but he makes mistakes and sins just like the rest of us.  And in his statements that this post reveals, he is totally wrong and goes against the very word of God he should be proclaiming.  Catholics should be ashamed of what he has said.  He should be repenting before God.  

We should all be a cognizant that his political leadership and supposed spiritual hearers are many, and that this error will soon be accepted because it came from their supposed spiritual leader.  It is frightening.   

• Upvote 1

The Pope is a strong political figure, and what he says carries a lot of weight for RCatholics.  However, for anyone who has studied the Bible, his words are rather lame.  He is more political than biblical, more religious than Christian.  He does not speak for Christians but only the Catholic Church.  

For him to say that the Bible and the Koran is blasphemy to the core.  Ignorance could not speak any louder.

Me agreeing with you 100%, who'd a thunk. You got engaged so I evened you out. Blasphemy to the core is what it is.

The Koran is as valid a book of religious teachings, just as The writings of Budda are as valid a religious, on the secular surface maybe. To say they are equivalent to the Bible and the words of Jesus himself ..... Never! As a former Catholic and current Non-denominational, charismatic, bible believing, fruit of the Spirit, speaking in tongues Christian, with respect, what His Holiness the Pope said is the modern day evidence that the Catholic Church is an example of Christian church that had it right, but over time morphed into wrong territory to the point where it has become more political (see the Middle Ages, the Lutheran Split, the Church of England split, etc) and less about promoting the unadulterated word of God.

• Upvote 3

This is far more than ignorance, and decidedly more sinister

then the lunatic babblings of a 78 year old man.

I stated on this site years ago that the one world religion

would be a blending of Catholicism and Islam.

anyone not coming under that face would be considered

a subversive, and a threat to world peace spoken of by Pope Francis.

such persons must be eliminated for the good of all humanity.

1st Thessalonians 5:3

for when they say peace and safety sudden destruction cometh upon them.

listen carefully you just might hear the trumpet.

• Upvote 6

I was raised in both the Catholic Church and Serbian Orthodox Church.  Growing up I saw the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church in that they were willing to change their rules based on a monetary contribution.  My father was Catholic but when he married my mother, who had previously divorced an abuser, the RCC would not sanction their union.  On the other hand my uncle, who was a horrible alcoholic and abuser, had his second marriage blessed by the RCC after making a 5 figure payment and attending some “classes”.

The Orthodox religions split from the RCC around 1054, I split when I was 14.  That is why I consider myself a Christian, but a recovering Catholic.

• Upvote 1

Let me say first that what I wrote about the Pope and the Catholic Church is still what I believe.   IF, IF, IF, he said such a thing then it is going to cause ripples all over the Catholic world.  The more I think about it the more I am beginning to question whether or not this article was real or not.  Markinsa does not usually publish articles unless they have some truth in them.  

But I think that this is a ruse and simply a means of poking fun at the Pope.  Such a rumor might have been started by the reporting group and note be truth at all.  Especially if they have a agenda against religion.  

After making my post I searched and can find no place this is reported except the National Reporter.  They had a bunch of additional articles which I questioned as well.  So I continued to search and found this:

Disclaimer

National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

After read this I am convinced that this is just "made up" and is not real at all.  

Markinsa, is there another source for this statement that we need to read?

Edited by Nelg

Let me say first that what I wrote about the Pope and the Catholic Church is still what I believe.   IF, IF, IF, he said such a thing then it is going to cause ripples all over the Catholic world.  The more I think about it the more I am beginning to question whether or not this article was real or not.  Markinsa does not usually publish articles unless they have some truth in them.  

But I think that this is a ruse and simply a means of poking fun at the Pope.  Such a rumor might have been started by the reporting group and note be truth at all.  Especially if they have a agenda against religion.  

After making my post I searched and can find no place this is reported except the National Reporter.  They had a bunch of additional articles which I questioned as well.  So I continued to search and found this:

Disclaimer

National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

After read this I am convinced that this is just "made up" and is not real at all.  

Markinsa, is there another source for this statement that we need to read?

Grrrr I hate when that happens.  Please forgive me.  Let me dig and do some more research.