Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIS Terrorists Run for Their Lives When They Meet Real Soldiers for 1st Time – U.S. Special Forces

ISIS Terrorists Run for Their Lives When They Meet Real Soldiers for 1st Time – U.S. Special Forces

June 2, 2015

By Staff Writer

SF-meet-ISIS.jpg

Image Credit: Flickr / Tech. Sgt. Russell E. Cooley IV

American troops just had their first real battle with Islamic State militants, after the terror group attempted to overrun Ein al-Asad base in Iraq in the middle of the night Sunday, the Kurdish news outlet Shafaq News reports. The U.S. troops absolutely decimated the militants, forcing a quick retreat. The counterattack was conducted in a joint operation with local tribal forces.

The attack occurred at Ein al-Asad base, which currently hosts nearly 100 U.S. military “advisers.” The U.S. troops engaged the militants in tandem with F-18 fighter jets, who provided air support. The battle lasted approximately two hours after an undisclosed number of militants were killed.

An Iraqi Army field commander was reported as saying:

“The US force equipped with light and medium weapons, supported by fighter force model F-18.”

A tribal leader, Sheikh Mahmud Nimrawi, said:

“US forces intervened because of ISIS started to come near the base, which they are stationed in, so out of self-defense.”

At the height of the Iraq War, Ein al-Asad was the largest airbase in Iraq’s Anbar province. The fight occurred in the al-Dolab area, about six miles from the base.

Hundreds of U.S. troops have been deployed to Iraq’s Anbar Province following the news of the Islamic State attack, Stars and Stripes reported.

“Currently, about 350 U.S. troops are stationed at Al Asad Air Base in Anbar. The force is composed of advisers and support personnel who are assisting the Iraqi army, as well as a security contingent tasked with providing force protection.”

The White House has previously stated how the role of U.S. troops are that of “advisers” and not combat troops. President Obama has been quoted as saying:

“I will not commit you and the rest of our Armed Forces to fighting another ground war in Iraq.”

Col. Ed Thomas, the chief spokesman for Joint Chiefs chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said that the troops will not be accompanying Iraqi forces in combat, reiterating President Obama’s pledge to not commit U.S. troops into a combat capacity.

I searched for this article before posting it, but I don't see it on here.  This was from June 2nd, so I'm surprised we missed it.
  • Upvote 10

We thank the US and Allied armed forces for their service. I pray for no more bloodshed of our troops. I pray for the safety of my daughter and son in law. I look forward to the eradication of ISIS and war criminals such as Maliki.

I also pray for family members who live in constant worry for our loved ones.

We remember those who have fallen.

Very well said. Thank you.

We thank the US and Allied armed forces for their service. I pray for no more bloodshed of our troops. I pray for the safety of my daughter and son in law. I look forward to the eradication of ISIS and war criminals such as Maliki.

I also pray for family members who live in constant worry for our loved ones.

We remember those who have fallen.

Yes Indeed, I stand in agreement! Should they come near, give it all you got boys {and girls} and don't stop until the smoke clears, and know you have a grateful nation behind you!

THANKS GO GET THEM SF THE GUYS ON THE FRONT LINE OF IT ALL

Agreed sf, you stay safe too brother!

:lmao:  well shoot LGD...here's a thought...let's tell some Cajun's that these 1) ISIS dudes are tasty like chicken when fried... 2) they are "out of season" 3) there is a bag limit of two....that ought to about take care of things don't you think !! :lmao:

• Upvote 1

You gotta love US soldiers.  They don't mess around.   Enough said for sure. If they were left to handle it their way, there would be no daash/isis.    And you would have a surge in joining armed services again.   

We pretty much know that isis won't do actual battle here in US, they will do sissy attacks.  Suicide, homemade bombs etc etc, cause they know good and well that the most backwoods redneck in the US can out shoot them with no fear.   Kind of like the crop dusting pilot who saved the day in the movie Independence Day.  Only in America have we found true bravery such as that.  Kudos to all those unsung hero's.    Kudo's for these soldiers in this article.  woo hooo

• Upvote 2

:lmao:  well shoot LGD...here's a thought...let's tell some Cajun's that these 1) ISIS dudes are tasty like chicken when fried... 2) they are "out of season" 3) there is a bag limit of two....that ought to about take care of things don't you think !! :lmao:

Tag? hunting license? What cha talkin bout officer,,,,,,, 

:lmao:  :lmao:  Gettin da camo cloths out now bro. 

Mama even gave me permission to stay up late.