Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Did Jesus use Cannabis Oil?

divemaster5734

I'm probably going to get hammered for this, but it has been the elephant in the room when discussing marijuana use.

While the media's portrayal of a pot user is some stoner with dirty clothes and an 8th grade education, that image has been the intentional demonetization of any cannabis user.

There are far more humans using oils for topical relief around the globe than dropouts getting baked.

Last week I was on a controls project, installing a system I designed for automated environmental air at a commercial grower.

A very large auger attached to a powerful drill motor became bound up, which slammed my hand into a wood stud.

While nothing was broken, my hand became swollen, and I was unable to move my fingers.

One of the proprietors offered a topical cream, which I rubbed on.

Within minutes the pain was gone.

I was amazed.

It is a cream made by a shaolin monk which uses cannibals, the recipe was handed down to him from his father, and had been in his family possibly since before Christ.

I already knew Indians used pot, as well as peyote and mushrooms.

Then started looking on the net for other applications.

Below is an article that makes sense.

With the unfair influence big pharma has over our government, is it such a big stretch to believe these oils and cremes have been intentionally kept a secret?

As for me, I expect my own tub to be ready by next week, and will definitely keep it close by for any other mishaps.....DM

Jesus & Cannabis

See also: Marijuana in the Bible for much more
christ-weed.jpg

“Jesus Healing the Blind” from 12th Century Basilica Catedrale di Santa Maria Nouva di Monreale in Sicily.

Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published [in 2003].

The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings. The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett[reprinted here].

The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims. “There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion,” Carl Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University said. Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: “Obviously the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism would inevitably have included it in the [Christian] mixtures.”

Mr Bennett suggests those anointed with the oils used by Jesus were “literally drenched in this potent mixture …. Although most modern people choose to smoke or eat pot, when its active ingredients are transferred into an oil-based carrier, it can also be absorbed through the skin”.

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels. “If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ,” Mr Bennett concludes. (Source: Gaurdian.co.uk)

Bennet isn’t alone in his assertions…

“According to some scholars, cannabis was an ingredient of holy anointing oil mentioned in various sacred Hebrew texts. The herb of interest is most commonly known as kaneh-bosm (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם) (the singular form of which would be kaneh-bos) which is mentioned several times in the Old Testament as a bartering material, incense, and an ingredient in holy anointing oil used by the high priest of the temple.

The Septuagint translates kaneh-bosm as calamus, and this translation has been propagated unchanged to most later translations of the old testament. However, Polish anthropologist Sula Benet published etymological arguments that the Aramaic word for hemp can be read as kannabos and appears to be a cognate to the modern word ‘cannabis’, with the root kan meaning “reed” or hemp and bosm meaning “fragrant”.

Both cannabis and calamus are fragrant, reedlike plants containing psychotropic compounds. Rabbinical scholars appear to be divided on the subject; some reject the cannabis hypothesis and others affirm it.” (Source: Wikipedia – Religious and spiritual use of cannabis)

Cannabis vs. calamus:

Debate over the translation of kaneh-bosem

marijuana-300x2161.jpg?w=300&h=216

Cannabis

Sara Benetowa discovered that the Kaneh-Bosm or Cannabis is mentioned 5 times in the Old Testament. The first occurrence appears in the Holy Anointing Oil as Calamus, (Exodus 30:23). Sara argued that the translation of Calamus was a mistranslation which occurred in the oldest Bible the “Septuagint” and the mistranslation was copied in later versions.”

If you actually buy the Calamus translation for the Holy Oil, then you assume that God specified in Exodus 30:23 a drug commonly known as herbal Ecstasy. Calamus contains an ingredient called asarone. This is a hallucinogen which is metabolized in the liver as trimethoxyamphetamine which is known as herbal ecstasy. The Middle Eastern version of this plant is far more toxic than its North American Cousin. This is deadly to flies and other insects.

The Exodus 30:23 reference refers to sweet Calamus. If you look at this in the Strong’s concordance where they spell this as qaneh rather than kaneh, they pronounce this as Kaw-Naw, a reed, calamus, and cane are listed as possible translations. The term sweet used in Exodus 30:23 in Hebrew is Bosem. According to the Webster’s New World Hebrew Dictionary, Bosem is perfume; scent. The Concordance: the Hebrew is Bosem #1314, fragrance, by impl. spicery; also the balsam plant:—-smell, spice, sweet (odour).

In some Bibles sweet calamus is translated as aromatic or fragrant Cane. It is where the bosem is fused to the word kaneh or qaneh that the cannabis translation becomes apparent. So then to pronounce this we have kaw-naw-bosem, and is spelled in English qaneh-bosem or kaneh-bosem.

In 1936, Sara Benetowa, later Known as Sula Benet, an etymologist from the Institute of Anthropological Sciences, in Warsaw wrote a treatise, “Tracing One Word Through Different Languages”. This wasa study on the word Cannabis, based on a study of the oldest Hebrew texts. Although the word cannabis was thought to be of Scythian origin, Benet’s research showed it had an earlier root in the Semitic Languages such as Hebrew. Benet demonstrated that the ancient Hebrew word for Cannabis is Kaneh -Bosem.

She also did another study called Early Diffusion and Folk Uses of Hemp. On page 44, she states, “The sacred character of hemp in biblical times is evident from Exodus 30:23, where Moses was instructed by God to anoint the meeting tent and all of its furnishings with specially prepared oil, containing hemp.”

On page 41 Sula Benet writes, “In the course of time, the two words kaneh and bosem were fused into one , kanabos or kannabus know to us from the Mishna”. According to the Webster’s New World Hebrew Dictionary, page 607 the Hebrew for hemp is kanabos. (Source)

From “Thinking Baptists”

In 1980, a wave of interest in Benet’s work prompted numerous etymologists to agree with Benet’s reinterpretation of the word qaneh-bosm in Exodus. That year, scholars at Jerusalem Hebrew University confirmed her work, noting that the qaneh-bosm was mistranslated in the King James version of Exodus 30:23 as calamus (Latimer, 1988). That same year, Weston La Barre also confirmed Benet’s work, noting further that “the term kaneh-bosm occurs as early as both the Aramaic and the Hebrew versions of the Old Testament, hemp being used for rope in Solomon’s temple and in priestly robes, as well as carried in Biblical caravans”.

More Archaeological Evidence

A recent archeological expedition to Israel uncovered scrolls that appear to depict the story of Jesus’ crucifixion. On one of the scrolls is a sketch that shows a man, thought to be Jesus, smoking from a pipe. Below the drawing is the Hebrew word “kineboisin”, which translates to cannabis.

Dr. Isaac Cohen, president of the South Israel Archaeological Society, believes that this is an extremely significant discovery for the theological community. He described the discovery as “a finding that could change the way many perceive the world.” Cannabis is known to have been smoked thousands of years before Jesus’ time, but this is the first evidence to show that Jesus himself may have used the plant.

Not only could this mean that Christian fundamentalist may ease up on their firm stance against the use of marijuana, but they may actually begin to promote its use for an enhanced religious experience. It is the Christian belief that Christ’s followers should emulate him. If Jesus smoked weed, then why shouldn’t everyone else? [Editor’s note: Normally we like to reference the original study, we are still looking for it.]

Reverend Tom Brown shows the healing power of the Holy Anointing Cannabis Oil. Tom is helping Jack Herer, who has diabetes. This recipe comes directly from the Bible. The old measures have been substituted with modern measure (see below).

Editor’s note: I was lucky enough to meet the man videotaping this piece. He was given some of the oil and happened to have it with him. Generously, he shared some with me, enough to coat the tips of 2 fingers. I rubbed it on my back where I sustained an injury years ago as well as on my forehead. Intense heat immediately swept over my entire back and finally, my entire body (even though I was sitting in a cold car and could see my breath). In a few minutes, I was very slightly hallucinating. Everything looked as if it were inside a mandala for about an hour – a truly wonderful experience! I remember feeling noticeably healthier the following day.

Exodus 30, verses 22 – 30

Anointing Oil

22 Then the LORD said to Moses, 23 “Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant cane, 24 500 shekels of cassia – all according to the sanctuary shekel – and a hin of olive oil. 25 Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. . . .

Converted into today’s measurements:

liquid myrrh 500 shekels 5.75 kg (12.68 lbs)

cassia 500 shekels 5.75 kg (12.68 lbs)

cinnamon leaf 250 shekels 2.875 kg (6.34 lbs)

cannabis flowers 250 shekels 2.875 kg (6.34 lbs)

olive oil 1 hin 6.5 liters (1.72 gallons)

In the traditional method, all of these ingredients would have been mixed with water and then boiled until all the water evaporated. The oil was then strained and ready for use.

How to make the Holy Anointing Oil –

by Reverend Tom Brown:

This is the recipe I have used. It is not exactly the same recipe that is listed in Exodus, it has only one ounce of marijuana instead of fifteen ounces. However, this recipe has been used on human beings and used with prayer, worked to relieve pain. I have used this on a man suffering from Aids, another man with severe upper back pain from a pinched nerve, on a woman with severe lower back pain associated with her monthlys, on a man suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and on myself for various pains and abrasions.

1 pint Organic Sesame Seed oil

1 pint Organic Olive Oil

.06 oz Cinnamon bark oil (Cassia) (1 eighth of a .5 oz bottle)

.06 oz Cinnamon leaf oil (1 eighth of a .5 oz bottle)

1 oz of Myrrh Gum

1 oz of Marijuana

This produces an oil that is much less powerful then the original recipe as 2 pints of oil, or one quart of oil, in the original recipe would have 15 ounces of marijuana flowers, not the 1 ounce I have used. All these ingredients except for the marijuana are available at the local health food store here in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

You need a cooking pot and a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cup. Use a cooking pot with a liner/separator so that the container you cook the oil in is lifted off the bottom of the cooking pot. You need a candy thermometer that will clip onto the side of the pot. You need enough Canola oil to use as the heat transfer medium in the cooking pot.

• Place the pint of Sesame Seed oil in the container with the shredded Marijuana and the Myrrh Gum.
  • Place the jar into the cooking pot, on top of the liner/separator.
  • Place the Canola oil into the cooking pot up to within 3 inches of the top of the pot – or to the same level of the Sesame Seed oil in the jar – whichever is less.
  • Wrap Aluminum foil around the cooking pot lip and crumple it so that the space between the cooking pot and the jar is covered with the foil. This helps cut down on oil fumes and reduces fire hazard from the hot oil. Use an electric stove or hotplate – never use any kind of open flame for this cooking.
  • Place the candy thermometer thru the foil and clip it onto the side of the cooking pot so that the sensing tip is immersed in the Canola oil. The Canola oil transfers heat from the stove to the jar at higher temperatures then boiling water at 212 degrees. You want to cook the oil for one hour at 300 degrees. This extracts the active ingredients from the Marijuana and dissolves the Myrrh gum into the oil.
  • Remove from the heat and allow it to cool. The glass container is very fragile; do not mess with it until it cools to skin temperature or it will break and you will lose that lot of oil.
  • Strain the oil / herb mixture thru a cloth and discard the solids.
  • Add the Olive oil, Cinnamon Bark (Cassia) oil and the Cinnamon leaf oil to the cooked Anointing Oil and bottle. Store the Anointing Oil in the refrigerator in a dark colored bottle. Decant into smaller jars for use. (Source)

Rev. Tom Brown/revtombrown@hotmail.com

Further reading:

The Anointed

Marijuana and the Bible

Holy Anointing Oil – Wikipedia

Jesus Christ Healed with Marijuana

Kaneh Bosm: Cannabis in the Old Testament

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

No reason to get hammered DM. There is so much we do not know

nor understand, and that does not include those things that have

been altered away and/or cut out of real history.

As for this article, there has been some evidence of what is stated, and

it is clear the history of the plant goes back 5,000 plus years and was

used by many cultures. That should be no surprise if one is able to think

outside 'officialdom'. Truth is we have been lied to about so many sectors

of history, in addition to a host of other areas as well, we simply do not

know very much about true history, because it has been altered, that is fact.

Interesting article, not much surprises me these days, and those who think they

actually "know" have likely not studied ancient history going back to the time

of the Phoenicians, etc., because there is a myriad of amazing things that have

not been discussed but had much documentation about. Sadly, much of the

documentation was destroyed, ancient libraries destroyed during the time of

Constantine, so nothing could oppose his agenda nor threaten his goals, much

like today unfortunately. Much history was twisted and or removed during those days

and so we truly cannot know some things.

• Upvote 3

I don''t have time this evening to write concerning this, but what I do know is that the use of Kaneh Bosm was never used together in the Hebrew text; not was "bosm" ever used in the texts of the Old or New Testament in Hebrew or its Aramaic or Greek equivalent.

It does seem that there is a move to try and manufacture "evidence" for the agenda of those promoting drugs. However, there are some references to drugs being used but all of them are condemned in Scripture.  

The suggestion that the God of the Universe, Christ, or the disciples used cannabis in their miracles is rather shallow.  It means that person knows nothing about the nature of miracles nor the power of God.    

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I don''t have time this evening to write concerning this, but what I do know is that the use of Kaneh Bosm was never used together in the Hebrew text; not was "bosm" ever used in the texts of the Old or New Testament in Hebrew or its Aramaic or Greek equivalent.

It does seem that there is a move to try and manufacture "evidence" for the agenda of those promoting drugs. However, there are some references to drugs being used but all of them are condemned in Scripture.  

The suggestion that the God of the Universe, Christ, or the disciples used cannabis in their miracles is rather shallow.  It means that person knows nothing about the nature of miracles nor the power of God.    

Actually, you are wrong.

Hebrew scholars seem to be evenly split on the issue.

As I have never undertaken to learn Hebrew, much less ancient Hebrew, I defer to others that have dedicated their life to it.

I have come to understand many things.

Of that is the reality that the American educational system, justice, and every other facet of our "government" is nothing if not agenda driven.

We have been deluged with propaganda since before we could walk, and we are being intentionally deceived even now.

Religions are only designed to divide, just like politics.

If you chose to close your mind, that is your choice.

However, calling me shallow because I believe in a God that doesn't fit your mold is as bigoted, ignorant, and pinheaded as a person can get.

If you would like a conversation to discuss the merits, then let's go.

But you can take your name calling and stuff it up your pompous ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I have too many classes tomorrow to deal with this now.  I will give you an answer in a couple of days.   

I didn't call you shallow, for you did not write the article.  However, if you fall into that category of thinking that Jesus used drugs for His miracles, then it is definitely a lack of knowledge. Do you think that God needed medicines to heal!?  Certainly not!    

I agree that religions and politics only divide, and that we have been lied to by theologians bent on twisting the Bible, That has been going on for years, but that does not mean the Bible is wrong.  It is not.  But when "scholars" start making assumptions, manufacturing and placing words that "MIGHT fit" the text because of others religions using it, is pure guess work.  

One doesn't have to be a Hebrew scholar to research the language.  And all scholarship is not equal.  Some of the authors you quoted are definitely in one camp and it is definitely not one that would see Jesus Christ as Lord.  

By the way, why do you draw your conclusions that I am wrong when you haven't even heard my arguments for a different position?  Hummm.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I have too many classes tomorrow to deal with this now.  I will give you an answer in a couple of days.   

I didn't call you shallow, for you did not write the article.  However, if you fall into that category of thinking that Jesus used drugs for His miracles, then it is definitely a lack of knowledge. Do you think that God needed medicines to heal!?  Certainly not!    

I agree that religions and politics only divide, and that we have been lied to by theologians bent on twisting the Bible, That has been going on for years, but that does not mean the Bible is wrong.  It is not.  But when "scholars" start making assumptions, manufacturing and placing words that "MIGHT fit" the text because of others religions using it, is pure guess work.  

One doesn't have to be a Hebrew scholar to research the language.  And all scholarship is not equal.  Some of the authors you quoted are definitely in one camp and it is definitely not one that would see Jesus Christ as Lord.  

By the way, why do you draw your conclusions that I am wrong when you haven't even heard my arguments for a different position?  Hummm.  

I knew this was going to stir things up, but honestly expected genuine discourse.

Instead you in fact made an ambiguous insinuation, and when I called you out on it you backpedaled.

That’s the problem with these conversations.

In my commentary to the post, I expressly stated I believed the possibility that cannabis was used in oils, not for stuffing a pipe and getting wasted.

I don’t know if it is even possible to have a dialect concerning this, as it is obvious prejudices have been long established through propaganda and misinformation.

Academia is nothing if not egocentric.

It has been proven some doctors would in fact  have patients die rather than have a diagnosis proven wrong.

Just look at the global warming fiasco, top rated scientists were reduced to little more than whores, selling their “opinion” to the highest bidder, disregarding the consequence to the entire human population.

I appreciate your position, but you obviously do not appreciate mine.

If I am expected to continue this conversation under the condition I am to suffer innuendos and outright hypocrisy then it is already over.

If you demand to make implications without clarifications, then you can expect me to defend myself.

In short, I do not know if you are even capable of having this conversation.

I refuse to be subdued.

I will return like for like.

Treat me with respect and I will only offer the same.

Treat me with contempt and I will shove it right back down your throat.

I did not start the negative, but I wont run either.

No reason to get hammered DM. There is so much we do not know

nor understand, and that does not include those things that have

been altered away and/or cut out of real history.

As for this article, there has been some evidence of what is stated, and

it is clear the history of the plant goes back 5,000 plus years and was

used by many cultures. That should be no surprise if one is able to think

outside 'officialdom'. Truth is we have been lied to about so many sectors

of history, in addition to a host of other areas as well, we simply do not

know very much about true history, because it has been altered, that is fact.

Interesting article, not much surprises me these days, and those who think they

actually "know" have likely not studied ancient history going back to the time

of the Phoenicians, etc., because there is a myriad of amazing things that have

not been discussed but had much documentation about. Sadly, much of the

documentation was destroyed, ancient libraries destroyed during the time of

Constantine, so nothing could oppose his agenda nor threaten his goals, much

like today unfortunately. Much history was twisted and or removed during those days

and so we truly cannot know some things.

Thanks Jim.

There's several other articles I'll bring over later today, have to get going for now.

There's some that are taking it too far, depicting Jesus smoking a pipe, and that is just wrong.

But the healing powers of the oils are undeniable.

Oh grow up! Someone doesn't like or agree with your opinion and now you are whining about it? 

Sure Marijuana has medicinal purposes, but to say that God or Jesus needed it to heal someone is ignorant of His Word.  

divemaster why are you offended and so quick to defend?  please stay focused on the "article" and not your personal feelings concerning it.  nelg never attacked you.  nelg disagreed with the information in the article, but it appears as if you are locked and loaded (from the beginning) for some fight that never came.  relax my friend.

weed can't make a person walk on water

weed can't repair eyes blind from birth, instantly

weed can't turn water to wine

weed can't heal 10 lepers in the matter of moments

weed can't raise a 4 day old corpse from the dead

weed can't cast out a legion of demons

weed can't feed 5000 & 7000 with a few fishes and loaves of bread

weed can't pay everyone's taxes with enough gold found in one fishes mouth

weed can't overload a boat and break fishing nets from a great drought

weed can't calm wind and waves of a serious storm

weed can't walk through walls or ascend into the clouds while witnesses watch

as the apostle john wrote, if all of the miracles he watched Jesus perform were written, all of the libraries in the world could not contain them.  just being around the Lord you would see things happening on a continual basis to make your hair stand on end.  as much as some of these philosophers, in their worldly wisdom, want to explain the finger of God through natural means, they always come up looking quite human.  they stand on good ole terra firma, the earth, which is a miracle in and of itself and gaze into the sun which is another miracle and watch the cycle of life happen all around them every second of the day.  looking past immediate miracles, they peer into things that they will never comprehend.....things that are rooted and grounded in faith.  not understanding that the works and wonders of God is wrapped in mystery and the code of mystery can only be revealed, whose revelation is only by the Divine One.  

and so let them continue to believe that Jesus instantly healed the paralyzed man confined to a bed with a few drops of oil smothered in weed.  but no matter what one believes let's be clear in what the Master said to those who deny the Holy Spirit and the power of God,

“Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

so for all that believe, don't allow your faith to be swayed by the limited reasoning of men whose thoughts cannot exceed the bounds that the Master has allowed.  "As high as the Heavens are above the earth are my thoughts above your thoughts and my ways above your ways."  Know that works Jesus performed was in his authority to perform and it was done all in an act of love toward us.  It certainly did not come through the power of some herb.  

"Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed."

Our healing did not come through medicinal means but through the punishment and suffering endured in his body.  Thank you Lord Jesus.  I am forever grateful and forever your servant.  

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh grow up! Someone doesn't like or agree with your opinion and now you are whining about it? 

Sure Marijuana has medicinal purposes, but to say that God or Jesus needed it to heal someone is ignorant of His Word.  

Really?

Is that what I said?

Try reading my words again.

I have no problem with a difference of opinion.

I do however have issue with snarky hypocrisy.

Isn't it written that the truth will be known?

That many secrets will be revealed in the end times?

Are you saying the organized church has only ever had the needs of humanity as their primary concern?

If so, then who is the ignorant one?

Really?

Is that what I said?

Try reading my words again.

I have no problem with a difference of opinion.

I do however have issue with snarky hypocrisy.

Isn't it written that the truth will be known?

That many secrets will be revealed in the end times?

Are you saying the organized church has only ever had the needs of humanity as their primary concern?

If so, then who is the ignorant one?

God created everything from His Word, Jesus.  Just by speaking, He created everything.  With that Power, which is in all who believe, do you really think we need to rely on a plant to heal us?

• Upvote 1

divemaster why are you offended and so quick to defend?  please stay focused on the "article" and not your personal feelings concerning it.  nelg never attacked you.  nelg disagreed with the information in the article, but it appears as if you are locked and loaded (from the beginning) for some fight that never came.  relax my friend.

Perhaps.

As for Jesus, He is God.

He absolutely performed miracles that were only possible because He is Lord.

I never intended to ever take anything away from that.

I start and end my day, every day, with humble prayers to Him.

I have a "guiding light" verse, Matthew 7:7.

I am also involved with a "re-information" campaign.

There are hordes of big pharma online workers diligently scrubbing any and all natural remedies from the web.

There is a small but dedicated group monitoring the activity, and re-posting deleted entries when caught.

There are hundreds of ancient remedies now being proven to be just as or even more effective for cures than anything "modern" medicine has to offer.

Big pharma is desperately trying to keep that information secret, trying to keep the world dependent on their daily doses of synthetic chemicals.

I never intended to even imply Jesus required any "substance" to perform miracles.

Perhaps I should have clarified.

I consider Jesus as a user of any substance, tobacco, or otherwise, I believe is sacrilegious.

To ignore the healing properties of a plant in it's very organic form is I believe possibly just as obtuse.

If you go through the scripture, the recipe for the oil is unmistakable.

I never meant to imply that Jesus Christ was or is anything other than a perfect God.

God created everything from His Word, Jesus.  Just by speaking, He created everything.  With that Power, which is in all who believe, do you really think we need to rely on a plant to heal us?

I didn't realize you were a Scientologist.

As for me, I take aspirin when I have a headache, and praise God for giving them to me.

I take cough syrup when I have a cold.

And insulin at night.

Does that mean we have to throw everything out and just wait for God to heal every minor issue?

Of coarse not.

So if He gave us aspirin, why is it such a stretch to believe He gave us a cream to soothe injured hands?

Edited by divemaster5734

"I never meant to imply that Jesus Christ was or is anything other than a perfect God."[/size]

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/203194-did-jesus-use-cannabis-oil/#ixzz3bM2Uqog0[/size]

That was my issue with the original topic.  Thank you for clarifying that, and please forgive me for my impatience..  

I didn't realize you were a Scientologist.

As for me, I take aspirin when I have a headache, and praise God for giving them to me.

I take cough syrup when I have a cold.

And insulin at night.

Does that mean we have to throw everything out and just wait for God to heal every minor issue?

Of coarse not.

So if He gave us aspirin, why is it such a stretch to believe He gave us a cream to soothe injured hands?

No, I'm not a Scientologist, and I go to the Dr for my ailments and I look for ways to treat my ailments naturally, but I do believe when we are in the Perfect will of God we do not need any of that stuff to be healed completely. :twothumbs:

I also believe, that many Christian ailments are because we do not obey the rules for taking communion.

1 Corinthians 11:27-30(NASB)

27 Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. 28 But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. 30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

• Upvote 1

"I never meant to imply that Jesus Christ was or is anything other than a perfect God."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/203194-did-jesus-use-cannabis-oil/#ixzz3bM2Uqog0

That was my issue with the original topic.  Thank you for clarifying that, and please forgive me for my impatience..  

No worries, and my apologies.

Once I wrote that I realized it should have been said at the beginning.

A very clumsy topic introduction to be sure.

Jesus Christ is Lord God.

Be Blessed.

Man, now I really feel bad.....

• Upvote 2

Be Blessed.

don't feel bad my friend.  often times when texting, things get lost in translation.  what we intend doesn't always make it onto the screen.

i do agree with you about big pharma.  i got into some research previously about that very issue and was blown away.  more pointedly i believe i discovered information revealing that we have had a cure for cancer for quite some time.  there was a doctor who had over 90% success rate treating cancer patients.  wouldn't you know that all of his facilities were shutdown and he spent millions defending continual lawsuits.  the money powers did everything to drain this guy dry.  this is also a common narrative amongst others who used alternative medicines.  they were attacked by big pharma.  

the main issue being that nature cannot be patented.  in other words, you can't make money on remedies that belong to God.  and so anyone who uses these remedies are ostracized and destroyed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No worries, and my apologies.

Once I wrote that I realized it should have been said at the beginning.

A very clumsy topic introduction to be sure.

Be Blessed.

Please do not feel bad DM. When it comes to topics such as politics or religion,

too often it goes down hill. I enjoy conversations and reading differing opinions

from people, as long as it does not become so defensive, that people start bickering.

I did not take your article as anything other than was this plant being used, and did Jesus

use it at the time. Of course he needed nothing to perform his Fathers will, doesn't mean

he did not utilize things in order to perhaps teach a lesson, such as when he mixed his spit

with clay and rubbed this on blinded eyes...did he NEED to do this? No, but it says he did

and must have been a reason for this, so for anyone to say he would "never use cannabis",

may be a bit short sighted, but we simply do not know.

It is estimated that we only have maybe 3 - 5 % written of the actual words of Christ...if this is

accurate, and John appears to have stated it is as to his actions also, then WHY do we insist

what is written is ALL there is? Obviously, it is not all there is, and we do not even know all the

things Jesus did, so why there can be any bickering about things we do not know makes little sense.

So much we do not know, and yet so many who think they have God figured out...seems strange to

me personally. This is what happens when the minds of men create their own religious boxes, and

then expect others to climb in that box and never question things. That is not an option for anyone

who seeks truth, and it is for sure one will not find it within the 'system' of religion, nor is it found within

schools of 'higher learning' whatever that means  :lol:  Too much propaganda that becomes "fact",

and too many just accept it without their own effort and due diligence.

Thanks again for this article, no offense taken by me, I enjoy THINKING for myself.  :)

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 3

The topic; is ridiculous to provide it any consideration.

Some though may find this interesting: Max Igan World Hemp Congress 2012 Speech

I trust the Kingship of Jesus over of his Fathers heavenly Kingdom (Government), which is why I support his Fathers (Jehovah) Kingdom rulership over the earth– what Government do you support?

I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. (Jeremiah 10:23)

“You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.” (Mat 6:9,10)

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Rev 21:3,4)

Something to give some thought too.

Edited by Fly