Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Don't Think We Are Loosing: Obama on ISIS

I Don't Think We Are Loosing: Obama on ISIS
WASHINGTON | MAY 22, 2015

President Barack Obama has played down the Islamic State capture of Ramadi, capital of Iraq's largest province, as a "tactical setback" and insisted the US-led coalition's campaign againt the terror outfit is "not losing".

"No, I don't think we're losing.

"There's no doubt there was a tactical setback, although Ramadi had been vulnerable for a very long time, primarily because these are not Iraqi security forces that we have trained or reinforced," Obama said in an interview with news magazine The Atlantic published yesterday, days after the key Iraqi territory was stormed.

His comments also come just two days after the White House admitted the ISIS taking control of Anbar capital Ramadi was "indeed a setback" even as it vowed to help the Iraqi forces to reverse the outfit's gains.

Since August last year, a US-led coalition has conducted over 6,000 airstrikes in Iraq and Syria to destroy the ISIS. Obama has not recalled US combat troops to Iraq, following a long brutal war after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

However, the defeat in Ramadi has forced the US to take a re-look at its strategy.

It has also put a question mark on the credibility of Iraq's government, with Obama blaming the rout on lack of training and reinforcement of Iraq's own security forces.

"...It is indicative that the training of Iraqi security forces, the fortifications, the command-and-control systems are not happening fast enough in Anbar, in the Sunni parts of the country," he said.

Obama said besides training, "commitment" needs to be ramped up in the Sunni areas that has been a "source of concern".

"...And we better get Sunni tribes more activated than they currently have been. So it is a source of concern. We're eight months into what we've always anticipated to be a multi-year campaign, and I think (Iraqi) Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi recognises many of these problems, but they're going to have to be addressed," he said.

The President said there has been significant progress in the north but "today the question is: How do we find effective partners to govern in those parts of Iraq that right now are ungovernable and effectively defeat ISIL, not just in Iraq but in Syria?"

"...One lesson that I think is important to draw from what happened is that if the Iraqis themselves are not willing or capable to arrive at the political accommodations necessary to govern, if they are not willing to fight for the security of their country, we cannot do that for them," Obama said.

http://www.outlookindia.com/news/article/i-dont-think-we-are-loosing-obama-on-isis/898176?

• Upvote 1

it is amazing how media scrutinizes every single skirmish in a war.  when baghdad advances, "ISIS is on the run in Iraq and the Iraqi army with coalition forces look forward to sweet victory."  when baghdad takes a punch, "oooooh!  Abadi's government MIGHT be on the verge of collapse."

it is literally like listening to ringside analysts during a boxing match where every punch thrown is scrutinized.  its a war!  you are going to give some blows and take some blows but what must be watched is the overarching strategy and its ability to be achieved.  

• Upvote 6

It's like Obama actually WANTS Iraq to be destroyed by ISIS....

This is Memorial Weekend, day to remember and thank our fallen heroes; what a price to pay by our heroes to see O give Iraq away to some renegades, what a SHAME of President we have! ! !

• Upvote 7

I believe o is a shiite muslim. His father was a shiite and it is highly likely that o is too.

Iran is run by shiite's so the Kurds and Sunni's are out of luck for now. 

o knows exactly what he is doing. 

I do not agree with him but... I must be good to be President.LOL

• Upvote 2

..........and if this was happening while a Republican was in office, can you imagine the difference in media coverage....

The sky is falling.

The world is ending.

He needs to be impeached.

What a horrible human being.

He's worse than Hitler.

See, we told you this would happen.

If Bush is responsible for 3,000 American troop deaths for his Actions,

O'Blah Blah is responsible for 100's of thousands of deaths for his Inaction.........while the daily carnage continues....on his watch.

What's so sad is the above is 100% True!!

Another high level meeting in the oval office with Biden & Reid..

slappy-o.gif

In the meantime, Go RV!!       :peace:

• Upvote 3

Gracias Whatshername, I upped ya one also.....and one day, I shall find out your True Identity.

94aa939cdd4c9e9ca06faa7b11477bd29ed11880

Naaaah, I didn't like that one either, but the Most Interesting Man in the World once shared his wisdom with me...

56b5928d2f74f79d11477c2afb9c1abf6ebf1c1c

But please leave me a little sun.......I need my Vitamin D.   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

The problem is that Iraq is waiting for SOMEONE to come and save them without their lifting a finger to make that happen!

30 thousand terrorist & 50 million people = who should be winning this war?

Iraqi's put tribe & religion in front of their country. No one is willing to die for their country!

Even the soldiers who America trained in the past & are training now. They collect the pay, go through the training & then go home!

S A D :(

Gracias Whatshername, I upped ya one also.....and one day, I shall find out your True Identity.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/202931-i-dont-think-we-are-loosing-obama-on-isis/#ixzz3avS9JYuj

Her close friends refer to her as Vundabar Fräulein!

:)

Thanks Muleslayer, I upped you one also for slaying those evil mules, but I believe you are sending me in circles with your link.

a.aaa-Cool-and-Funny-Animated-Gifs.gif

I accidentally +'d you one to uncirculd..........for those smooth moves..

tumblr_luvvgxkuXd1qdoyovo1_500.gif

Vundabar Fräulein...........is that you?............I hope you still like weiner schnitzel.

oktoberfestbabes_18.jpg

:cheesehead:

• Upvote 1

ahhhhh   o kay  I will have to chime in  -------->  abidi  just  made a trip too Washington I think  not long ago ,    a scenario  if you will ,   -------  let those guys rush into an area set -up shop ,  bring in  all the  rats  to that area ,   and  if  you folks remember  my last  , how to  get  isis ,    same   deal  let  them  get into town  ,  and  slowly  bring up  troops ,  to cover escape routes ,  then send in  drone  .......    it was too easy  for them  too take  the  town  every one is hearing  about .... some thing   is a bout too smack  those rats  hard         just  my thinking        

• Upvote 1

Vundabar Fräulein?!!!  :lmao:  BK, consider the source of THAT rumor!  Muleslayer also thinks I'm a nun!  ;)

Don't think of my true identity as a mystery to be discovered... but rather, a closely guarded secret to be revealed all in good time (for your protection of course... if I told you... ya know... just sayin'!).   :ph34r:

Until the Big RV Afterparty in Vegas, it's safer to picture me thusly... enjoying a nice breakfast schnitzel!

tumblr_static_61vldp67sb48wsgwwsoskkc0w.

• Upvote 4

Don't be fooled for a minute. O knows exactly what he's doing. The Puppet is creating chaos around the globe at the behest of his Puppet Masters. It's insane to us - but this is all about power and global serfdom of the entire population of all.

The Global elite and waaaayy down on the bottom . . . all the rest of us.

• Upvote 1

It has also put a question mark on the credibility of Iraq's government, with Obama blaming the rout on lack of training and reinforcement of Iraq's own security forces.

"...It is indicative that the training of Iraqi security forces, the fortifications, the command-and-control systems are not happening fast enough in Anbar, in the Sunni parts of the country," he said.

So some army without the proper training and command structure, can be beaten by a rag tag collection of untrained people from many countries?

Is that what President Zero is trying to feed us?

Western media attacked Obama describes justified by the fall of the gray naive b {}

5/25/2015 0:00 

BAGHDAD - morning 
continue the Western media, particularly the US, his attack on the United States President Barack Obama, to his reluctance to change Strutijeth own war on "Daash" which proved to be fruitless in cracking down on the terrorist organization that took expands as a result of complacency "international coalition" led path Washington. 
It described the newspaper "The Washington Times" the US, try the current US administration, to circumvent the matters in any way as "a naive attempt," noting that "heavy loss" that took place in Ramadi, specifically considered "great forces extremist terrorism win-win situation." 
The newspaper pointed out in an editorial that "if possible, or when it becomes possible to restore the city (gray) and the region, the price would be a grave, where would be to sacrifice a large number of men and materiel, and the shedding of the blood of the Iraqi army, and civilians living there," .oamadt opening, that the attempts of the "White House" in order to reduce the defeat of strategic and tactical, with the support of retired President of US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey "naive." 
understated the newspaper mentioned, the importance of the air strikes launched by the airline, "the international coalition," which includes, along with America nearly 70 Other, strongholds and dens "Aldoaash." 
She said in this context "may dazzle dozens of air strikes after the invasion, some critics of the Obama administration's attack on terrorism, which can not President that holds itself to be called by his real name, but the fraud was not never a substitute for strategy effective. " 
The paper concluded the editorial said, "will have to be more than fraud to prevent the danger that soon has become more than a regional conflict, and threatens the peace of the world at large" .otaliqa on the security event, saw the site "The Daily Beast" mail - one famous in America sites - that the blame for the fall of Ramadi, in the grip of "Daash" terrorist "now directs the United States because of the defeat in the battle." 
The site notes that in the streets of Baghdad, and after news of the fall of Ramadi, Iraqi said that "if you do listens prime minister, Haydar al-Abadi to the demands of the United States .. If sent by the popular crowd forces, the Daash what he can take control of the city as fast as has the process. " 
Site famous news, pointed out that in the last year, through a number of Iraqis their belief that "Daash" is nothing but a creation of US, and that effort Exposed to justify the intervention of the new in the country, amid fears of anti-US unified Iraq. 
He concludes, "Daily Beast" report that supposedly in the United States, according to the retired colonel who served in Iraq, Douglas Oollivant, to be "more sensitive to the sensitivity of the political pressure, if we want to Ebadi to stay, otherwise it will be difficult for any Iraqi politician to be allied with the United States." 
criticism of the strategy "Alobamaoah", it was not limited to the US media, but came again Similar newspapers and agencies Europe, most notably mentioned in the French news agency AFP that described Obama's policy in the war on "Daash" rogue "bad."  
she said of President of the United States as a "reluctant to change its policy path despite the progress made ​​by the terrorists." 
as quoted by the agency months in the world, saying: "The fall of the city of Ramadi experts, however Daash expose the limits paint Obama's policy, as revealed sectarian divisions within Iraqi society that are exploited by the extremist organization". There were similar criticism in Britain, America's main ally Newspapers in "old continent".