Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coming PM will exclusively be from INA - Araji

Coming PM will exclusively be from INA - Araji

June 2, 2010 - 11:27:01

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s new prime minister will exclusively be from the Iraqi National Alliance (INA), Bahaa al-Araji, a leading figure from the INA said on Wednesday.

“On the contrary to Dawlat al-Qanoon Alliance, the INA embraces many big political figures and has good relationships with other political blocs,” al-Araji told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

He noted that Iraqi political blocs trust the INA, but they don’t trust the Dawlat al-Qanoon Alliance.

Earlier, a source from the Al-Iraqiya List said that the bloc could support Adil Abdilmahdi as nominee to occupy the position of Iraq’s prime minister if unable to form the new government.

Abdilmahdi is a leading figure of the INA.

“We will not give away our constitutional right to form the new government, but in case we are unable to form it, we support Dr. Adil Abdilmahdi as a nominee to occupy the position of Iraq’s prime minister,” Hayder al-Mullah, the official spokesperson of the Al-Iraqiya bloc, told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

Abdilmahdi currently holds the position of Iraq’s Vice President.

MH (S)/SR

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=132595

• Upvote 1

This is why Allawi needs to be the PM. Here's a guy that will work for the Iraqi people and not just himself. He demands the right to first shot, (30 days), at forming the government but other than that he is ready to compromise and move forward with the formation of the government. Maliki is now complaining that Allawi won't set an agenda with him and saying that the Iraqyia List won't play by the rules. Maliki makes me sick. He really was a rotten PM but an even worse politician. I swear Maliki couldn't lead a group of Girl Scouts through a cookie factory tour.

Don't know if it will be today as I'm sure that The List wants to take a shot at forming a government, (per the constitution), but this article says that a deal is in the works and that Maliki is flat not gonna have a snowball's chance in H*LL of being the PM.

I personally believe that Allawi has a good chance at being the PM in spite of all the wrangling going on. It would seem odd that the Kurds would be comfortable with a PM from the Sadrist party and even stranger that the Sunni's could warm up to a PM from the INA. However. That Maliki has shown his hand it would truly behoove the other parties to form up and come together to do exactly to Maliki what he was going to do to them. Marginalize him and kick him to the curb. A coalition between the Iraqi List, INA, and the Kurds will do exactly that and it's coalition will indeed settle the masses as an inclusive government. No civil war, reduced violence and a government working for the people and we get our RV sooner than later.

I think that Allawi's western backing, his education, (he speaks good English), his business background and dislike of Iranian interference makes him the best choice for the position. He is a secular nationalist. Respects religion but will not let religion interfere with the government which is in line with Ayatollah Sistani's position. So under Allawi their will be no repeat of an Iranian theocracy. He is liked by the Americans and has a family history that shows he is indeed right for business. His family was one of the richest in Iraq before Sadaam ran him out of the country. He is also a shrewd politician. What he has done to Maliki has been magnificent and Maliki's lack of political savvy has been exposed and that will be his undoing. Basically he let Maliki run around chasing his tail by not addressing Maliki or doing anything till the Court certified the election. All Allawi did was claim the constitutional high ground and so far it would appear to be a good strategy.

I am not so much an Allawi supporter but I see Allawi as our best chance for a quicker RV. That is my motivation with regards to Allawi. I want my money from the RV and I want to invest in Iraq to make more money. I see that with Allawi.

So stand by Dinar Fans!!! The show is really gonna heat up and all we can do is hope and pray they get it all sorted out. I want my dam RV and I wanted it yesterday........Thanks K98 for the post.