Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1,000 weapons found in Waco restaurant – including one in a bag of tortilla chips

umbertino

Police sergeant tells the Guardian that guns were found ‘stuffed in toilets and hidden under seats’ in Twin Peaks restaurant where mass shooting took place

Tom Dart in Waco

Wednesday 20 May 2015 19.08 BST

As many as 1,000 weapons were found at the Waco restaurant where nine bikers were killed during a mass fight between rival motorcycle gangs, police said on Wednesday.

Investigators recovered items ranging from pocket knives to an AK-47 rifle, Waco police spokesman Sgt Patrick Swanton told the Guardian. Gang members rushed to get rid of their weapons, he said, as gunfire erupted and police moved in to the Twin Peaks restaurant in the south of the city last Sunday.

They were found “stuffed in toilets and hidden under seats,” he said. One firearm was discovered in a bag of tortilla chips, while a knife was located in a bag of flour. Brass knuckles, bats and chains were also unearthed.

Swanton said that the inside of Twin Peaks was a “pretty nasty scene” with “blood spatter everywhere”, especially in the bathroom.

The figure of 1,000 is a significant upgrade from previous police estimates of one or two hundred weapons. Police are unsure of the precise number of people who were at Twin Peaks for a scheduled meeting of gangs and clubs to discuss legislative issues, but in addition to the nine shooting deaths, 18 were injured and 170 arrested. It remains unclear how many were shot by police.

Attorneys for some of those booked into the county jail on $1m bonds have told reporters that their clients were innocent bystanders with no connection to criminal activity, but Swanton defended the mass arrests and said that the number of weapons demonstrated that the event was not planned as a harmless gathering.

Swanton also dismissed the suggestion that police might have been able to prevent the violence by stopping and searching those entering Twin Peaks.

“We have to abide by civil rights,” he said.

Anticipating a tense encounter based on intelligence which suggested rising hostilities between the Bandidos and Cossacks gangs, wa22 officers were in the vicinity of the restaurant before trouble erupted.

With fears of imminent reprisals from gang members receding but not ruled out, Swanton declined to say if Waco police are putting in special plans to patrol potential flash points such as bars and restaurants for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

Dozens of investigators from multiple law enforcement agencies have been collecting evidence, analysing and securing the crime scene since Sunday, but police activity there was close to being wrapped up on Wednesday afternoon.

Several officers and vehicles and a line of yellow crime scene tape at the parking lot entrance remained, and the restaurant was still closed, but the lot was clear of cars, trucks and motorbikes and adjacent roads and stores in the shopping centre had reopened.

1000.jpg

Swanton said that the inside of Twin Peaks was a ‘pretty nasty scene’ with ‘blood spatter everywhere’. Photograph: Rod Aydelotte/AP

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/20/waco-shootout-guns-twin-peaks-restaurant

Does anybody realize what  "1000 guns" would look like and how much space they would take up?

Were these hidden?(I know, chip bags)

Would the patrons not notice a slew of weapons in a room?

If they were hidden would anybody notice them being hauled out?

I question not that there were guns in the bar but the number of them. 

• Upvote 2

Does anybody realize what  "1000 guns" would look like and how much space they would take up?

1,000 Guns is a lot, but the article said 1,000 Weapons, guns, knives, and brass knuckles...  So imagine every biker there, had at least one gun, a knife and a pair of brass knuckles. :facepalm2:

• Upvote 2

Smells like fish on the menu too!

1,000 Guns is a lot, but the article said 1,000 Weapons, guns, knives, and brass knuckles...  So imagine every biker there, had at least one gun, a knife and a pair of brass knuckles. :facepalm2:

Stil 1000?

Stil 1000? That takes up alot of space, even if they were all pocket knives. On one of  the broadcasts it was stated they found an ak47, How you gonna hide something that big, much less transport it on a motorcycle. A lot of these guys are ex-military, supposedly shot at the cops and not one was hit.Js lots of questions,. Not trying to defend the guilty, appears the whole story is not being told. Prayers to the families of the fallen, and the injured.

I'd tend to agree.  Sounds bizarre in the least...But who knows.....

That's true too....Hadn't considered that

There was not a 1000 weapons, there was 300, 100 were guns, 100 knives the others were things like them saying because you have a big ring or a chain on your wallet it is considered a weapon.  Many innocent bystanders are being held on a million dollar bail, most bail bondsman's in Waco want even do a bail that large.    

This is what the government wants you to believe. 

• Upvote 1