Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas biker gang shooting: nine dead and 18 wounded at restaurant in Waco

umbertino

• 100 arrested as gunfire erupts near Interstate 35
  •  
  • All dead and injured were bikers

Martin Pengelly in New York and agencies

Monday 18 May 2015 07.52 BST

Nine people were killed, 18 injured and at least 100 arrested after a shootout between rival biker gangs at a restaurant in Waco, Texas, according to police.

Patrons and bystanders ran for safety, police said, as officers at the scene also opened fire. Local television station KWTX reported that some customers and employees took shelter in the restaurant’s freezer. All those killed and injured were gang members, police said.

Waco police sergeant W Patrick Swanton described to local reporters what he said was “the most violent crime scene I have ever been involved in” and said there was “blood everywhere”. He added: “None of our innocent civilians were injured today in this mélêe.”

The shootout took place at the Twin Peaks Sports Bar and Grill on Interstate 35 at about midday on Sunday. Swanton told local newspaper the Waco Tribune-Herald eight people died at the scene and one died later in hospital. At least five rival gangs had gathered at Twin Peaks for a meeting that Swanton said followed clashes over turf and recruitment.

Police were present because authorities were aware of the likelihood of trouble between the gangs, Swanton said, but “apparently the management [of the restaurant] wanted them here and so we didn’t have any say-so on whether they could be here or not”.

“What happened here today could have been avoided,” he said. “They [the restaurant management] failed and this is what happened.”

A statement on Sunday night on behalf of Jay Patel, operating partner for the Twin Peaks franchise in Waco, said: “Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police,” and added that the restaurant was cooperating with the investigation.

Swanton, who said there were “still bodies on the scene of the parking lot at Twin Peaks” and “cattered throughout the parking lot of the next adjoining business”, also said: “In 34 years of law enforcement, this is the most violent crime scene I have ever been involved in. There is blood everywhere. We will probably approach the number of 100 weapons.”

Late on Sunday, Swanton addressed Patel’s statement, telling reporters that it was a “fabrication”. He said police officers had “saved lives in keeping this from spilling into a very busy Sunday morning”. “Thank goodness the officers were here,” he said, “and took the action that they needed to take to save numerous lives.”

Those injured suffered stab and gunshot wounds, Swanton said, adding that the fight began with fists and then involved knives and guns. KWTX reported that one hospital, White Hillcrest Medical Center, had been placed on lockdown.

Waco police closed the busy marketplace area around the restaurant. Swanton said three armed gang members had been arrested when they attempted to enter the closed-off crime scene. At least 100 people in total had been detained for questioning by late on Sunday night, Swanton said.

As well as local and state police, the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said its agents were at the scene.

The McLennan county sheriff, Parnell McNamara, whose office is involved in the investigation, said all nine who were killed were members of the Bandidos or Cossacks gangs.

1000.jpg

Police officers and bikers in the parking lot of the Twin Peaks restaurant on Sunday after the shootings. Photograph: Jerry Larson/AP

1000.jpg

Law enforcement officers talk to a man near the parking lot of a Twin Peaks Restaurant in Waco, Texas. Photograph: Rod Aydelotte/AP

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/17/biker-gang-shooting-waco-texas

• Upvote 1

....The Boyz are back in town....''...If they want to fight...ya better let'em....The Boyz are back...The Boyz are Back...The Boyz are back in Town....

.....You remember that Chic down at ''Johnny's Place''....She got up and slapped Johnny's face....Man, we fell-out............................

Seem like they could have turned their attention to something positive, but no; they choose to kill each other.  Remove law and order and you have anarchy.  They probably were fighting over who is running the "prostitution" and "drugs" in what part of the state.  

The more we glorify violence and make it a "macho" thing, the more it will happen.  Children win their argument by intimidation and fighting.  So do these gangs because they don't know any other way.  Sad, but we continue to promote this type of behavior.  And as long as we encourage it, promote it, and think it is romantic to live in such a wild lifestyle, we will bare the cumulative result: death and stupidity.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Seem like they could have turned their attention to something positive, but no; they choose to kill each other.  Remove law and order and you have anarchy.  They probably were fighting over who is running the "prostitution" and "drugs" in what part of the state.  

The more we glorify violence and make it a "macho" thing, the more it will happen.  Children win their argument by intimidation and fighting.  So do these gangs because they don't know any other way.  Sad, but we continue to promote this type of behavior.  And as long as we encourage it, promote it, and think it is romantic to live in such a wild lifestyle, we will bare the cumulative result: death and stupidity.  

I do agree with what you stated , Nelg...Holy words. Grazie

No Great loss , I just looked at all of their mugshots on the local news, these are outlaw bikers, not your doctors or lawyers trying to have a weekend fantasy. All of these dead SOB's are going straight to hell...right where they belong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No Great loss , I just looked at all of their mugshots on the local news, these are outlaw bikers, not your doctors or lawyers trying to have a weekend fantasy. All of these dead SOB's are going straight to hell...right where they belong.

Maybe not "straight to hell" since that doesn't start until the Day of Judgment.  But they do go into hades where they are punished until that Day.  (Apologies.  It's hard for me to let things like that pass.  :tiphat: )  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Cops shot the bikers, not the bikers shot each other.  Search for the truth before going along with what you hear.  My mom told me to believe none of what I hear and only half of what I see.  There may have been a fight, but the cops shot the bikers.  170 arrested with many of them innocent bystanders, but held on million dollar bail because they were there.  I was at a COC&I meeting same day in dfw.   Check out the txcocinews.org or texasbikerradio.org for our side.  I am not a 1% MC, but I do wear a 2 piece MM patch and minister to many 1%er's. 

I am thankful that you are not God.  I am a follower of Jesus Christ who is my Lord and savior and thank God that he does not judge me for my looks. 

So you have judged them as well, for there looks.  Search for the truth and the truth will set you free

• Upvote 4

Maybe not "straight to hell" since that doesn't start until the Day of Judgment.  But they do go into hades where they are punished until that Day.  (Apologies.  It's hard for me to let things like that pass.  :tiphat: )  

Anytime someone is lost, it is a great loss. We were all there at one time. Sin is sin regardless what it is.

Cops shot the bikers, not the bikers shot each other.  Search for the truth before going along with what you hear.  My mom told me to believe none of what I hear and only half of what I see.  There may have been a fight, but the cops shot the bikers.  170 arrested with many of them innocent bystanders, but held on million dollar bail because they were there.  I was at a COC&I meeting same day in dfw.   Check out the txcocinews.org or texasbikerradio.org for our side.  I am not a 1% MC, but I do wear a 2 piece MM patch and minister to many 1%er's. 

I am thankful that you are not God.  I am a follower of Jesus Christ who is my Lord and savior and thank God that he does not judge me for my looks. 

So you have judged them as well, for there looks.  Search for the truth and the truth will set you free

Thanks my friend, I'm glad some of these folks won't be my judge! Not everyone who wears a patch, conciders themselves to be a badass, pardon the expression. Not all arrested deserve the treatment they are receiving. Many people on here who are bashing have ghosts in their own closets.

I wonder what your mugshot would look like?

• Upvote 2

This biker brawl is obvious scripted forshadowing of what is to come in the near future.  It was the Cossacks vs. the Bandido's (1%ers).  The Cossacks historically are a Russian fighting group that has been instrumental in many wars in Russia.  Notice that this battle was right next to the Don Carlos, In other words next to the Don River which is ancient Khazaria.  They were very important in tossing out the Khazars out of Russia.  The Bandido's represent the 1% or the Khazars Banking Mafia.  Jade Helm 15 seems to be the coming battle between the people and the 1%ers. 

• Upvote 1

This biker brawl is obvious scripted forshadowing of what is to come in the near future.  It was the Cossacks vs. the Bandido's (1%ers).  The Cossacks historically are a Russian fighting group that has been instrumental in many wars in Russia.  Notice that this battle was right next to the Don Carlos, In other words next to the Don River which is ancient Khazaria.  They were very important in tossing out the Khazars out of Russia.  The Bandido's represent the 1% or the Khazars Banking Mafia.  Jade Helm 15 seems to be the coming battle between the people and the 1%ers. 

Good to see you Roth...I always appreciate your take on things...

Yes...from the beginning there was something real stinky about this whole thing...

jailing most of the people there (170 out of 200) with a million dollars bail was the icing on the cake...smh.

Were the other 30 'bikers' planted there to provoke the whole incident?

I wouldn't put it past them...this feels totally 'staged' for the media to run with.

Anytime someone is lost, it is a great loss. We were all there at one time. Sin is sin regardless what it is.

Thanks my friend, I'm glad some of these folks won't be my judge! Not everyone who wears a patch, conciders themselves to be a badass, pardon the expression. Not all arrested deserve the treatment they are receiving. Many people on here who are bashing have ghosts in their own closets.

I wonder what your mugshot would look like?

The only one who has the right to judge is God.  I do not and will not judge and condemn them to an eternity of hell.  I can, however, judge their actions in this life and discern by those action.  

Nor do I judge everyone as righteous because of their being nice people.  

I don't desire anyone to be judged!  I want all to experience the love of God in Christ Jesus.  I'm sure some of them are good people, but that does not make them righteous or lost, it is there faith in Christ as Lord.  

Enjoy you day.

• Upvote 1