Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

School responds after York Co. senior asked to take down American flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lbw4krldGw 

School responds after York Co. senior asked to take down American flag
Published on May 14, 2015

- Controversy at a York High School prompted a demonstration of patriotism.

York Comprehensive High School student Peyton Robinson was not happy after being told to remove his American flag from the back of his truck.

Robinson posted this comment on his Instagram account:

"I've been told by 2 administrators at my school this morning that I can't have an American Flag on my truck because other people have complained about it. Well let me tell you something, I have every right to fly an American flag. It will not be coming off of my truck. This really pisses me off. I ask that everyone that sees this post that attends York Comprehinsive flys an American flag of some sort on whatever they may drive to school tomorrow to prove a point. I will not let this go down without a fight. "#America #fightforourright

"It's America you should be able to fly your flag anywhere. I was pretty upset about it," student Cheyenne Lane said.

Many students felt the same, prompting a community-wide show of support. "Any student that has pride in their country should stand up for something like this," Robinson said.

The America flag displayed in the back of Peyton Robinson's
The America flag displayed in the back of Peyton Robinson's truck. (Photo: Instagram: Peyton1496)
Thursday morning students, parents and community members met to fly their flags around town. York resident Russell Shively says, "You got somebody that's showing their patriotism and flying an American flag on the back of their truck and you want them to take it down? That's not America."

Principal Christopher Black says their policy to not have flags on campus was never an issue of patriotism, rather, safety. "Some of them are driving for their first time ever and anytime you get a flag of any kind flying it creates a visual distraction," Black said.

But that reason wasn't good enough for many of the people in York.

The district posted a message on their Facebook page saying,

"Due to the outstanding display of patriotism through peaceful demonstration, it is apparent to us that many are not happy about this policy."

The school has since adjusted the policy making an exception for the American flag as long as the size of the flag doesn't create a driving hazard.

"This is what York's about, it's small town America," Shively said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTUkgFtcZY 

School Officials Tell Student to He Can’t Fly U.S. Flag on His Truck - Peyton Robinson
  • Upvote 2

It's good to see young people fighting these liberal POS! I only thing missing in this story is these kids beating the ***** out of these administrators. If my kids didn't kick their asses, they would get their asses kicked when they got home.

• Upvote 1

Where is Obama when you need him. He speaks up so much, why is he not speaking up now. Maybe he would agree with the school. First it makes me want to cry, then I am pissed. I am sick of this type of attitude in our schools, state and government. Dont tread on me.

If the flag "offends" get the F*&^ out of America

Damn I only I have one emerald to give!

Plus 100!

Dam straight  LGD....Go ahead and tell me to take down my flag.....I have the RIGHT to fly my Flalg...you dont want to look at it...book you a one way ticket to anywhere but here and do not come back.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

***///

We're sick and tired of the kommie mantra being spewed by the programmed slaves of the left...

..."we don't want to see your Bibles, or your guns, or your Flags... you're offending our sensibilities!".....Wahhhhh!

SHADDUP ya tools !  You're a bunch of haters whose weak brains've been hijacked by lunatics ! <_< 

None of you deserve the Liberty, Life nor Nation those things made possible for you freaks !  :angry: 

• Upvote 1