Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Michelle Obama: I was 'knocked back' by race perceptions

umbertino

''Dawg''...I was ''Walkin' '' your side of the streets...TX was shinin' on how he did this in college and that in a board-meetin'...and I conceded that he was more educated...Then I went to where you said,...''... you and your brother had a reputation...whereas people would cross the street to avoid yall...''...I just want to make the point if you wanted to put it out there for somebody to say something...''I'm your Huckleberry''...So ''Straight-Up''...Let it be known I can play by any rules...I can go to any extreme and it still...''Don't Mean Nuthin' ''.... 

It was a million years ago Skeet

I grew up.

I found a new way to get by.

But yeah I know what you mean.

I will be anybody's huckleberry if thats what they choose. 

• Upvote 1

CWO was one fictional movie. Find another that is that deranged (and make it from this century, would ya?). I've never understood the "cult" attraction... but then I don't get 'Blazing Saddles' either! How many RAP songs (not just DMX) are there that glorify violence and drip with disrespect? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? It's not a fair comparison because I don't see anyone emulating the degenerate behavior of CWO like I do the gangsta rap. One man's entertainment is another man's inspiration... so to speak.

We all know there are injustices and racism in this country... from every conceivable angle. No one is disagreeing with that. What you are failing to comprehend is that blacks most certainly do need to take responsibility for their thug culture message and how MAINSTREAM it is. How does that "Anthem" help anyone? How does destruction and perpetual victimhood help anyone?

Let's agree though, that CWO doesn't represent me any more than DMX represents you. I was not getting personal with YOU (or anyone YOU associate with)... I was speaking of the culture that does nothing to remedy the perceptions some in their community invoke in others. Do they want a pass? Or can you, michelle obama and the black community drop the victimization and do as you, yourself have done - practice Personal Responsibility? Preach that to the young people.

I guess I'll have to wait for that convo, huh? B)

ummmm....nobody can stop a culture.  cultures and subcultures exist everywhere and in every facet.  what are you saying??  i don't even know what your argument is at this point honestly.  do you not know that there is a subculture of caucasian youth who have adopted gangsta rap music?  did you know that gangsta rap is primarily created by non-gangsters but is a money making venture.  did you not know that hollywood (mainstream) has produced more violent productions than black rappers ever could?  where have you been living, under a rock??  you come here spouting off against me trying to educate me about the things i am "failing to comprehend" but you are not bringing "real talk".  i don't even know how/where to meet you in dialogue because your facts are skewed.  

then you come talking as if the black community practices no "Personal Responsibility" and insinuating our lack of "preaching that to the young people".  where have you been??? 

Personal Responsibility Preached to The Young People

i'm done here......this thread has exhausted me....simply too many angles to respond too

• Upvote 2

SmileyFlower.gif

Matthew 22:37-39

37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

• Upvote 4

OMG OMG OMG,,,,,Bunk that was a racist statement, she is not from Africa,,,,you should have said move back to Chicago,,,,,and FYI everyone in / from Africa is not Dark pigmentation,,,,if everyone was allowed to start on the same playing field it would be great,,,we would not be having this conversation,,,,,at first I was angered knowing I have been praying for everyone on this forum to receive their blessings from the RV/RI, but at the same time I have been praying for the U.S. to reveal itself to the world,,,I guess one out of two ain't bad.....thanks trinty...

Does She not claim to be an AFRICAN American???? You are obviously a Liberal pantywaste... ^_^ ... Do You need a tissue???

• Upvote 3

ummmm....nobody can stop a culture.  cultures and subcultures exist everywhere and in every facet.  what are you saying??  i don't even know what your argument is at this point honestly.  do you not know that there is a subculture of caucasian youth who have adopted gangsta rap music?  did you know that gangsta rap is primarily created by non-gangsters but is a money making venture.  did you not know that hollywood (mainstream) has produced more violent productions than black rappers ever could?  where have you been living, under a rock??  you come here spouting off against me trying to educate me about the things i am "failing to comprehend" but you are not bringing "real talk".  i don't even know how/where to meet you in dialogue because your facts are skewed.  

then you come talking as if the black community practices no "Personal Responsibility" and insinuating our lack of "preaching that to the young people".  where have you been??? 

Personal Responsibility Preached to The Young People

i'm done here......this thread has exhausted me....simply too many angles to respond too

Thanks for the video... I loved it. And that's what I'm talking about... has it had any impact? :shrug:

So, nobody can stop (or change) a culture? Non-racist whites have had NO impact on diminishing and degrading the KKK? Sure... there's a few backward white-supremacists still around but they're not out in the open because we don't tolerate it. We denounce it because that "culture" of hate is totally unacceptable in civil society.

I am aware of the subculture of non-black youth who have adopted and identify with gangsta rap... and if they emulate that behavior they should be held accountable. Thuggery is not exclusively black... just as pre-conceived, false race perceptions are not exclusively white.

I do not live under a rock... but thanks for asking! And I know history too. It's my understanding that at least 2 members of my own family fought and died in the Civil War for the abolition of slavery (a little before my time ;) ). You're welcome.

We aren't even on opposite sides of this topic... we both want "The Golden a rule" where we all treat each other with the kindness and respect we want to be treated with. But you embrace the grievance industry and I don't. I look forward and you look to the past. I want to get beyond the skin color but that's all you see. I'm willing to talk about it but you're not. As one American to another, I'm ready to sew this gaping, festering wound up tight and let it heal. Quit picking at the scab.

You seem to be intentionally missing my point. Finally, for once, admit that there are problems in the black community that are their own (that means they can't blame white people for them... unless you want to blame liberal democrats... THAT I could understand!). Concede that racism goes both (all) ways. Offer your thoughts about what we (as Americans) can do to help repair the culture and support blacks in those efforts. Approach the issue not as a victim but as a proud black man who has blazed that trail and can show others the way.

I wish you only the best Trinity. :):peace:

• Upvote 6

First make sure you know all the circumstances.  Usually won't be for absolutely nothing.

If racists would follow Michelle's simple dietary tips.....they would live longer, healthier lives.   B) 

GO RV, then BV

LOL Shab with all due respect that was the dumbest remark yet in this thread. Not to mention I doubt her girls are forced to eat the crap she was pushing on the schools.

• Upvote 1

Sure... there's a few backward white-supremacists still around but they're not out in the open because we don't tolerate it. 

this is what i mean my friend.  you write things that make no sense as if you are out of touch with what is really going on.  i simply don't have time to educate you and i don't mean it in a derogatory way.  before you post, you should always check your facts.  spend a little time on it before making blanket and bold statements.  

if this is not "out in the open" what is??

Edited by TrinityeXchange

this is what i mean my friend.  you write things that make no sense as if you are out of touch with what is really going on.  i simply don't have time to educate you and i don't mean it in a derogatory way.  before you post, you should always check your facts.  spend a little time on it before making blanket and bold statements.  

if this is not "out in the open" what is??

Lol! THAT'S what you cherry pick to respond to? Really? There's you're problem... you miss the forest for the trees. Enjoy the reread should you choose to pull your head out of the sand.

I'm sorry you find all this so exasperating. We are just trying to help you see... to look beyond and rise above. Perpetual victimhood is bondage. We don't want that for you... or anyone.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Lol! THAT'S what you cherry pick to respond to? Really? There's you're problem... you miss the forest for the trees. Enjoy the reread should you choose to pull your head out of the sand.

I'm sorry you find all this so exasperating. We are just trying to help you see... to look beyond and rise above. Perpetual victimhood is bondage. We don't want that for you... or anyone.

Thanks for the conversation, and your efforts WHN!  Much appreciated!  Unfortunately, when the simple concept of being anti-racist/colorless in your daily life becomes a convoluted practice... it's because they want it to be.  I've found that most of these types of "victims" want to be victims... it's easier for them to simply carry chips on their shoulders, that block their ears from "hearing" clearly.  

It's funny... I have black friends that are just my FRIENDS.  I have never heard them, or others, ever ask to be identified as my black friend!  Yet... that seems to be insisted upon by some... fueling the divide.

I had a wonderful black family as a customer last winter...and as I was at their home for a couple of months, we were very friendly and became close.   They invited me to a barbecue months later and it was a great time!  And as obvious as it was that I was the only white person there... it was just as obvious that it was never even considered odd or unusual.   Did I mention, we had a great time?!!! LOL

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Stellar restraint!

I AM impressed!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the conversation, and your efforts WHN!  Much appreciated!  Unfortunately, when the simple concept of being anti-racist/colorless in your daily life becomes a convoluted practice... it's because they want it to be.  I've found that most of these types of "victims" want to be victims... it's easier for them to simply carry chips on their shoulders, that block their ears from "hearing" clearly.  

It's funny... I have black friends that are just my FRIENDS.  I have never heard them, or others, ever ask to be identified as my black friend!  Yet... that seems to be insisted upon by some... fueling the divide.

I had a wonderful black family as a customer last winter...and as I was at their home for a couple of months, we were very friendly and became close.   They invited me to a barbecue months later and it was a great time!  And as obvious as it was that I was the only white person there... it was just as obvious that it was never even considered odd or unusual.   Did I mention, we had a great time?!!! LOL

Thank you Jax.  Maybe someday we Americans will unite and work together toward a brighter future for everyone.  <--- That's what I want for my children... for all children.  It's gonna take a lot of hard work... and a bit of soul searching for us all.  It begins with honest dialogue... and there's no shortage of truth in this thread (we'll have to keep "chipping" away at it the best we can!).  ;)

Stellar restraint!

I AM impressed!

:eyebrows:

Look what I found on the Thinker...

Michelle Obama Should Have Read the Founder of Tuskegee University Before She Spoke There

First lady Michelle Obama may know the names of the world’s most famous clothes designers, and she may even know how to dance the Uptown Funk, but judging from her commencement speech to the graduates of a historically black university in Alabama, America’s race-baiting FLOTUS knows nothing about great American civil rights leader, accomplished scholar, and founder of Tuskegee University, the late Booker T. Washington.

Michelle Obama’s remarks at the commencement sounded more like she was paying homage to W.E.B. DuBois, who believed in civil rights via agitation and political activism, than DuBois’ adversary, ex-slave Booker Taliaferro Washington, who wrote in 1911:

In a message that smacked of thin-skinned ungratefulness and hostility, Obama complained about the emotional toll she’s endured as America’s first black first lady. If Mrs. Obama had taken the time to read Booker T.’s autobiography, Up from Slavery, she would have known that stirring up racial animosity is an approach the author shunned.

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the ***** race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the ***** to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

quite honestly i believe the issue you all are facing trying to convince us "want to be victims" might be in your delivery.  please take this as constructive criticism with no intent to offend.  when you discuss a topic you have to keep your responses focused on the topic at hand.  when you deviate from the topic, the conversation becomes "convoluted".  

here is an example.  whathername, you made a point about black responsibility.  you noted that black gangster rappers were a cause for the black community to be viewed negatively.  you challenged black people to take responsibility for this gangster rap culture.  you mentioned that instead of being a victim we should take accountability for what these rappers were doing to give US a bad name.

i responded to your point and demonstrated with evidence how mainstream hollywood has produced more negative media than gangster rappers ever could however white people are not being held accountable for the product of some whack white producer.  i mentioned how ridiculous it would be to do such a thing.  

your response is that i am missing the forest for the trees.  THAT'S THE ISSUE.  you are not able to draft a solid focused argument.  if you are expecting me to telepathetically decipher your thoughts, it will never happen.  all i can do respond to is what you type on this here screen.  

you wrote that whites did take responsibility for culture by stifling the ku klux klan.  i responded with evidence that the klan is not dead but is actually on their 3rd or 4th rendition and alive and well.  i give you evidence showing you this.  and what do you do??  you come back with accusations of black people wanting to remain victims.  LOL!!!!  it is literally impossible to dialogue with you point for point because when you are countered WITH EVIDENCE, you bring up some abstract "truth" about victimization.  even there I have no clue what you are talking about.  who is a victim??  i am certainly no victim?  i am MORE than a conquer through Jesus Christ who loves me.  He destroyed principalities and made a show of them openly and shared the Kingdom with me.  so what victim are you talking of.  people can choose to hate me, fight me, deceive me, backstab me.....or do all matter of evil against me but guess what, it wont stop me!  you know why?  because my life is hidden in Jesus.  He already won.  If Christ be for me, WHAT CAN MAN DO?!  

yes I have had prejudice acts done against me while white counterparts were not subjected to the same stress test for the same positions, but guess what, it wouldn't stop me.  i kept praying and asking God to help me, to make ways for me, to open doors for me that men cant shut, to deal with my enemies, and to help me love those who openly can't stand me even though i have done no evil against them.  and guess what God did, he vanquished all of my enemies and put me on top of the hill.  

so you all can keep preaching about who is and isn't a victim all you want but it certainly doesn't make me one.  TrinityExchange already won my friends :)  I hold no bitterness or hate in my heart against anyone.  I forgive all for any evil done against me and therefore I win!  

be blessed my friends.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 4

What pleasure Satan and his minions get when we devour one another. :(

Ephesians 6:12(NLT)

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

• Upvote 3

It is clear that racism, prejudice, envy, and hatred of those that are different than ourselves is deeply ingrained in only one race, and that is the entire human race.  Throughout history there are countless examples of atrocities committed by one group against another based on one of these pathetic rationalizations.  White vs black, Oriental vs non, Muslim vs non, Lakota vs Pawnee, Hutus vs Tutsis, to name a few but list  goes on ad nauseam.  It seems to me that until we, the human race, can put aside our prejudices and differences and learn to live together history will continue repeating itself.  The names and players may change, but the song will remain the same.

It is in our nature, which is sinful.  Until we change the nature, all things will continue as they have in the past.  New birth is a change of our nature by the power of God.  

That is not politically correct, or even correct by the philosophy of this world, but it is correct according to God.  It is easy to change from bad to worse, even from bad to good.  But it is not easy nor possible to change the nature of individuals from evil to righteousness; that is only possible by and through God.  

You want change in the world?  Then present to the world the only source of powerful change of our nature, Jesus Christ.  

• Upvote 1

What pleasure Satan and his minions get when we devour one another. :(

Ephesians 6:12(NLT)

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

absolutely right Mark...!!!

It is in our nature, which is sinful.  Until we change the nature, all things will continue as they have in the past.  New birth is a change of our nature by the power of God.  

That is not politically correct, or even correct by the philosophy of this world, but it is correct according to God.  It is easy to change from bad to worse, even from bad to good.  But it is not easy nor possible to change the nature of individuals from evil to righteousness; that is only possible by and through God.  

You want change in the world?  Then present to the world the only source of powerful change of our nature, Jesus Christ.  

Amen

Amen

& Amen!

• Upvote 2

one thing that I think we all for got to mention is that even Jesus prophesied that this would be a sign of the last days !!!  Mt 24: 7; Mk 13:8; Lk 21:10 "....nation will rise against nation..."

where the Greek word translated nation is "ethos"  meaning "race" from which we derive the word ethnicity....

• Upvote 1

I dunno KKK the Nazi`s , Isis, alquida, IRS, westborro church baltimore looters

All Evil.

I still believe that the good people out there still outnumber the bad.

And thats what we need to focus on. 

Not this continues finger pointing by both sides.

Saying " Oh no its you that`s to blame"  

Kinda stupid really. Trinity your problem is that many of us

are not at all racists. But you seem to not want to accept that.

Just because we dont agree with you does not mean we are racist

it means we just dont agree with you. period.  No ill feelings towards you

or your people. As a people you need to understand that no matter what happened in the past

or in the present or in the future. One will never escape the bondage of poverty , illiteracy , dependency ,

by feeling sorry for yourself.  

There has been a lot revealed through this thread which makes the division of our races apparent...Narcissism and self-righteous dialog are all that been revealed...These issues at question can't be answer by the participants in this thread... maturity of wisdom in growin' from self-pity has to revolve first. Every individual that gave their personal experience on this thread are apart of the problem...no ''Ifs'' ''Ands'' or ''Buts'' you are the problem and an example of what and how this nation needs to out grow and over come childish responses...As for me...the God I worship has nothing to do with the thought process that yall regurgitate from the past...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

one thing that I think we all for got to mention is that even Jesus prophesied that this would be a sign of the last days !!!  Mt 24: 7; Mk 13:8; Lk 21:10 "....nation will rise against nation..."

where the Greek word translated nation is "ethos"  meaning "race" from which we derive the word ethnicity....

We are living in "the last days" and have been since the beginning of the church on Pentecost.  The troubles between races (ethos) have been going on since Cane killed Abel.  Again, it is not a new situation but an old one from the old nature of the human race.  There are no signs for the "Last Day," that will come when we least expect it.  But the coming of the Son of Man to judge nations for their continued rebellion and harsh treatment of others is a discipline from God and carried out by Christ.  It happens again and again in this world.  Our "judgment in time" could and has taken place throughout history.  Even the passages you quoted are in a context of the the day and lives of the early disciples (Mt. 24:34; and parallel pass.). But that does not nullify what you are saying. When we, as a nation, get to a point where our sinfulness is full, God will come in judgment.  We must change and do it now!!  Judgment on this nation or the world could be tomorrow. That judgment could be only "in time," but it could also be the "Last Day."  We just need to be ready.  

What can you say other than he and she are both black racists.  They demonstrate it through their actions and words almost everyday.  They have set back race relations at least 50yrs.  They hate America and Christians and are doing their best to dismantle America as fast as they can. 

On the international scene they slap our friends in the face and buddy up to our enemies.  BO had absolutely no experience to warrant becoming the Commander and Chief of this glorioius nation, coming out of nowhere and probably put there by Soros.  Millions were fooled by the unexplained campaign slogan "Change".  Now their intentions are known and America and the World are witnessing their ineptitude and bias. 

• Upvote 1