Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Michelle Obama: I was 'knocked back' by race perceptions

umbertino

Unfortunately… this is how some blacks present themselves.  It is accepted in the culture.  This song is about thuggery.  The comments below on Youtube are very telling…

thanks whatshername.  i am completely lost in that response especially after my freshman year in college where my suitemates invited me over to watch a favorite movie of theirs.  room packed with caucasian males who were laughing and loving every moment of the film.  (see below) i couldn't relate at all.  it was a new experience for me and i never saw them in any negative light because of it.  perhaps you should take from my book.

and for the record i have never listened to dmx.  i typically listen only to gospel movie.  no idea how that is representative of me or my children.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

for at least a year i recently dealt with a very "frustrating" Chief Financial Officer of a major hospital.  everytime he saw me he would verbally note how menacing i looked to him.  i am a tall black man standing about 6'2 at about 260 lbs with very broad shoulders (typical NFL linebacker size).  his remarks would continue regardless of the venue.  once while in a compliance meeting with all of the directors present he went around the room asking them if they agreed about my menacing look, "wouldn't you be terrified to be in a dark alley with this guy??"  people were dropping their heads all around the room in embarrassment and very apprehensive to answer the boss.  

in all of my corporate life, i have never witnessed an executive (especially at that C level) conduct themselves in such a way.  he was completely oblivious to the implications of his words and actions toward me.  however words like michelle obama are very inspiring to a person like me who have to "take it" until we can all learn to fully respect one another, drop stereotypes, and receive each other based on character content.  

this is my experience....

Trinitye,

Some people know not what they say.  I have heard the same type of comments that you reference.  As a 6’4” 240lb white man with a shaved head who has to turn or dust the jambs going through most doorways, I have had many people tell me I am scary looking, including my own daughters (and every one of their boyfriends but that is a + as far as I am concerned ).  I have seen strangers turn and go a different direction at the sight of me walking up the street or in a store.  The Bellamy Brothers sang “If you judge me by my cover I’d be the book you wouldn’t read”, but that is based on other’s preconceived prejudices and it is also their loss, not mine.  Like my father, I am a physically imposing man.  It has nothing to do with who I am as a person, it is just the way I appear.

Racism, like any other prejudice, knows no color.  There is no such thing as “reverse racism”, if you judge other people based on the pigment of their skin, then you are a racist.  It is that simple.  As an American (regardless of color) I found it extremely offensive when Moochell stated that the first time she was proud of America was when her husband was elected President.  She was not proud of the founding of the Country, not the death of 600,000+ in a war that ended slavery in America (but still practiced in some African countries and the ME), not our resolve and victory in WWI or WWII, not the scientific and medical advances that have come from America, not even “a small step for man, but a giant step for mankind”.  No, she found no reason to be proud about America until there was a black President.  Did you find that statement inspiring?  If so, would you find it acceptable if a white person conversely said the first time they were ashamed of America was when Moochell became first lady?  I tend to doubt it, but to me both statements are equally offensive.

Do you find it acceptable when a black person purports to know that a white person is racist just because of the fact that they are white?  I have heard it said that since I am white, I do not even know I am being a racist.  By definition, that statement itself is racist since it is based entirely on pigmentation.  Unfortunately, at this juncture in our history there are just as many blacks judging whites as racist because of their skin color as vice versa.

Until such time that we live up to the dream of MLK and judge people not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character, nothing will change.

• Upvote 7

chip on my shoulder?  ummmmm....i wasn't the CFO going around the room asking all of the directors in the hospital how menacing I looked.  what are you accusing me of?  i am completely lost in your response.  

so when a young black man comes up to me totally bewildered about why his face was pressed against hot asphalt by the local police for doing nothing wrong.  what do i tell him?  what is it that you are suggesting i tell him?  

please answer that question directly because i sincerely want to know.  young black kid just got pulled out of his car frisked and pinned to the ground for nothing.....what do you tell him?

Do you think that it is only the blacks get treated this way?  Certainly not!  Ever individual who is suspect in doing something wrong is challenged by police, and rightfully so.  Do some police officers get super aggressive?  Yes.  They have the legal right to show force.  Are there black police officers that show aggressive force? Yes.  And they have the same authority given them to show force.  To think that it is only the black youth who are told how to act when confronted by officers who are doing their duty of enforcing the law, is frankly, a myopic view.  Read First Peter concerning how a saint should act when confronted by authority.  

If a person is doing wrong, that person is going to face the wrath of the civil authorities; and rightfully and legally so.  Does abuse happen?  Yes!  You deal with the abuse of authority and allow the civil authorities of discipline.  You do not take judgment into your own hands!  To do so spurs more confrontations.  And that applies to ALL races, not just the native American, or the Hispanic, or the Caucasian.  

Does racism exist?  Certainly it does.  To think it doesn't exist is to have ones head in the sand.  Should it exist?  Not in the since of racial superiority.  Should I be proud of my race?  You bet your boots!  I don't trust a person who is ashamed of who they are as a person.  But it is also true that I should not think my race is superior to another.  

Are you abused for being white?  So am I.  Are you judged for being Hispanic?  So am I.  Are you rejected for being oriental?  So am I.  Are you resented for being black?  So am I.  

There is no greater bigot than those who think that they are the only ones experiencing these types of rejection and who take it out on everyone else for being "different."    

• Upvote 4

thanks whatshername.  i am completely lost in that response especially after my freshman year in college where my suitemates invited me over to watch a favorite movie of theirs.  room packed with caucasian males who were laughing and loving every moment of the film.  (see below) i couldn't relate at all.  it was a new experience for me and i never saw them in any negative light because of it.  perhaps you should take from my book.

and for the record i have never listened to dmx.  i typically listen only to gospel movie.  no idea how that is representative of me or my children.

I think we've found some common ground... I too, am lost in your response, I cannot relate to "Clockwork Orange" AT ALL, and I'm new to DMX until today (was looking for a reggae tune "She was a Rough Rider" for another thread... you know it? UB40? I can't find it... but, that's not important!) ;)

Thank you for providing such a graphic clip... and so... mainstream. Had I not been familiar with that scene, I would have appreciated a CAUTION. :huh:

I will take from your book if you will take from mine. Relax. I find you adorable, intelligent and charming. But you are not being honest with yourself.

Are YOU not an excellent example of how far anyone can go if they work hard and apply their God-given talents for Good... not evil? I don't know you... maybe you come from old money, maybe you're a self-made man! I'm pleased that you're successful and I truly hope that never changes.

I'd love to have an honest conversation with you about racism, the real problems in the black community and what in God's Name, we can do about it. Will you go there with me sometime? I promise I'll be gentle...

And don't forget our date... May 31st... when together, we will bash the crap outa those racist ****** at Black Wall Street! :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2

Trinity is right about experience and unless you have walked it...don't be so quick to judge...  try being the Captain on a aircraft and on landing being approached by ground crew looking for the Captain and after realizing you ARE the Captain that he has just insulted....asking for the co-pilot....or as First Nations might say "walk a mile in my moccasins before you criticize...."

I am all for UNITY and believe that racial division is one of the signs of the times....BTW the young kid in one instance was my own son....not just frisked either...roughed up....briefcase and contents strewn on the road...and his fair=skinned wife asked " did this "N" rape you !!!  he was young...driving a nice car (mine) and black....

Whatsername do you know the History of Black Wall Street ??

• Upvote 1

Compare prosperity in the world. Do I need to explain? World history doesn't lie. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows why this world has advanced. Political correctness is a joke! But in the end it won't matter anyway. Good will conquer evil in the end but one thing is for sure the top half of America is the reason why this world still exist beyond the Stone Age. So all you *uckin moron liberals should leave and save the world with your cowardice appeasement of the rest of this mess. The rest of you can go to hell and I will stay in Texas.

But I dont recall ever seeing any white boys in the black panthers. Hmmmmm

OH Yeah thats right  .  White boys aint allowed in the black panthers !!!!!.   hahahahahahaha  

Well... maybe one white boy  ;)

Whatsername do you know the History of Black Wall Street ??

Why, yes I do.  I am from the Midwest and we are taught the sins of our forefathers.  :)

BTW, I found my song.  I knew it was English... The English Beat...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Check this out...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/05/06/these-cops-are-tired-of-white-people-getting-freaked-out-by-their-black-neighbors/

These cops are tired of white people getting freaked out by their black neighbors

"People, please stop making my job so difficult."

That's the opening of a discussion in "ProtectAndServe," reddit's community of law enforcement officers. The poster, who goes by the handle "sf7" and has been verified as a law enforcement officer by the forum's moderators, goes on:

So I'm working last week and get dispatched to a call of 'Suspicious Activity.' Ya'll wanna know what the suspicious activity was? Someone walking around in the dark with a flashlight and crow bar? Nope. Someone walking into a bank with a full face mask on? Nope.

It was two black males who were jump starting a car at 930 in the morning. That was it. Nothing else. Someone called it in.

People. People. People. If you're going to be a racist, stereotypical jerk...keep it to yourself.

Other forum users sympathize. One tells a story about someone asking the cops to investigate a middle-aged black man fishing in his own community. Another was asked to respond to a report of two Middle Eastern guys sitting in the same car. Another laments that "we frequently get calls about black men and woman and kids, yes [expletive] kids, walking. Like WWB [walking while black] was actually a crime and not a Twitter joke."

The rest is in the link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/05/06/these-cops-are-tired-of-white-people-getting-freaked-out-by-their-black-neighbors/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/34zwuw/people_please_stop_making_my_job_so_difficult/

• Upvote 1

And you think that doesn't happen when you are white?  Well it does.  I was stopped by a resident in the same neighborhood where I lived for 10 years!  I was out walking and taking pictures of birds and flowers (I'm and artist and always looking for material.)  Two black officers pulled up in their car and ask me what I was doing.  I told them and answered their other questions.  They offered to drive me home and I kindly declined.  They insisted.  I declined again.  They ask why I was declining to get in the car so they could take me home.  I said, because I'm standing in my own yard!  

Now, what do you call that?  Should I just up and down and cry "racism!" That would be dumb.  They were simply responding to a new neighbor's call.  We took baked a "cake" and took it over to our new neighbor's home.  By the way, they were black as well.  

• Upvote 2

And you think that doesn't happen when you are white?  Well it does.  I was stopped by a resident in the same neighborhood where I lived for 10 years!  I was out walking and taking pictures of birds and flowers (I'm and artist and always looking for material.)  Two black officers pulled up in their car and ask me what I was doing.  I told them and answered their other questions.  They offered to drive me home and I kindly declined.  They insisted.  I declined again.  They ask why I was declining to get in the car so they could take me home.  I said, because I'm standing in my own yard!  

Now, what do you call that?  Should I just up and down and cry "racism!" That would be dumb.  They were simply responding to a new neighbor's call.  We took baked a "cake" and took it over to our new neighbor's home.  By the way, they were black as well.  

I hear ya Nelg. Growing up Indian in a black and hillbilly neighborhood I could write a book about growing up in extreme violence.

The blacks hated me cause I wasnt black and the hillbillys didnt like us cause we wasnt white. 

Me and my older brother got caught right in the middle. If it wasnt blacks kicking our ass it was the hillbillys.

I could literally tell the time a day by who was kicking my ass.  hahahahahahaha

My dad finaly sat us down and explained. You can live as a sheep and be eaten by the wolves.

or you can become wolf hunters.  I cannot fight your battles for you. This is where we live and you must learn to make

your way through it. So thats what me and my older brother did. We became the wolf hunters. we became so good at it that

when people seen us coming down the street black and white would cross the street to avoid us.

People this isnt brag its just fact. I a boy who hated violence had learned to accept it as a way of life.

I am not proud of it. I guess what Im trying to say is that racism will always be with us.

People must learn to deal with the reality of it and the level at which its being presented at you.

If someone is trying to hurt you because of the color of your skin then deal with it. Hurt them back.

If its simply someone treating you as less . Deal with it. treat them as less. Dont let your whole race go down the tubes

on GOVT handouts and then expect to be treated with respect. Dont whine " Oh the neighbors dont like me cause im black, indian or mexican"

Screw the Neighbors . In time when you prove them wrong its them that will say "Glad your in the neighborhood"  

Racisim is something that can only be defeated individually by individuals .

The GOVT cant fix everything. !!!

We the people must fix it.

or learn to deal with it and keep moving forward 

• Upvote 5

I guess what Im trying to say is that racism will always be with us.

People must learn to deal with the reality of it and the level at which its being presented at you.

If someone is trying to hurt you because of the color of your skin then deal with it. Hurt them back.

If its simply someone treating you as less . Deal with it. treat them as less. Dont let your whole race go down the tubes

on GOVT handouts and then expect to be treated with respect. Dont whine " Oh the neighbors dont like me cause im black, indian or mexican"

Screw the Neighbors . In time when you prove them wrong its them that will say "Glad your in the neighborhood"  

man oh man dog this is the message i was attempting to convey.  i might not agree with your "hurt them back" response, but i agree with the overall concept.  this is where jersey is trying to enlighten me to live above the racism.  however much like what you are saying, to act like these -ism's (pick one) doesn't exist is very unwise and there is nothing you can do about someone's feeling toward you.  this is the reality michelle obama was conveying to students.  the FACT that the real world has -ism's and it even exist in the corporate world.  that if they are to be successful, they have to prepare their minds for the struggle so they don't go flying off the handle like some postal worker done wrong and killing everybody.  it just the way it is until Jesus replaces this corrupt and sin laden place.  

the only thing you can effect is how you conduct yourself and how you respond.  nelg's response was to bake a cake and take it to the neighbor, loving them and heaping hot coals of fire on their head through acts of kindness.  your response was to let folk know you are not to be tread upon.  my response was to continue holding my head high, smile in the CFO's face, and wait until he finished belittling himself in a room full of professionals.  it is unfortunate for america that its early economic boom happened by creating slavery, propagandizing hate for anyone non-white, and adopting division/segregation into the fabric of national society.  that stuff doesn't disappear because somebody creates a new law; people are too impressionable and carry that stuff through generations long after new laws are passed.  and so here we are today still having to deal with this mess that they concocted years ago in order to make windfall profits.  they breeded an atmosphere of fear and fear is colorblind.

jaxinjersey - i get what you are saying my friend.  i really do hear your message.  and after strong consideration, i do not believe it is sustainable.  a person must always understand the matter.  like the young men from my church accosted by the cops, the two black fellows need to understand that in this country it is not safe for them to play with toy guns in a store.....they might end up dead.  it is not fair, but it is what it is.  better is a live dog than a dead lion.  

• Upvote 4

I will take from your book if you will take from mine. Relax. I find you adorable, intelligent and charming. But you are not being honest with yourself.

okay, i don't have time to go in circles here so let me be direct.  you posted a video of dmx and wrote this:

"Do blacks want a pass for this rhetoric and behavior?  Pat them on the head and say “there, there… it’s not your fault… you’re just a victim.”  Wouldn’t that be worse than being held accountable?   Infantilizing and making excuses IS “The soft bigotry of low expectations”?  The black community (culture) needs to take some responsibility because white America did not do this to you."

the takeaway from what you wrote is that blacks need to take responsibility for the message that DMX is preaching in his music.  ridiculous!  who is dmx and has he ever said anything intelligible?!  what does he have to do with me or anyone i associate with??  

now let me break this down so that you get it.  i want to be abundantly clear.  i posted a video of Clock Work Orange.  this was a movie popularized by the white community.  the message of this movie is nothing but mayhem and destruction perpetrated by young white males.  it would be just as RIDICULOUS for me to hold the white community accountable for the message of this movie as it was for you to hold blacks accountable for the words of dmx.  

get real...my friend.....get real

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hear ya Nelg. Growing up Indian in a black and hillbilly neighborhood I could write a book about growing up in extreme violence.

The blacks hated me cause I wasnt black and the hillbillys didnt like us cause we wasnt white. 

Me and my older brother got caught right in the middle. If it wasnt blacks kicking our ass it was the hillbillys.

I could literally tell the time a day by who was kicking my ass.  hahahahahahaha

My dad finaly sat us down and explained. You can live as a sheep and be eaten by the wolves.

or you can become wolf hunters.  I cannot fight your battles for you. This is where we live and you must learn to make

your way through it. So thats what me and my older brother did. We became the wolf hunters. we became so good at it that

when people seen us coming down the street black and white would cross the street to avoid us.

People this isnt brag its just fact. I a boy who hated violence had learned to accept it as a way of life.

I am not proud of it. I guess what Im trying to say is that racism will always be with us.

It is clear that racism, prejudice, envy, and hatred of those that are different than ourselves is deeply ingrained in only one race, and that is the entire human race.  Throughout history there are countless examples of atrocities committed by one group against another based on one of these pathetic rationalizations.  White vs black, Oriental vs non, Muslim vs non, Lakota vs Pawnee, Hutus vs Tutsis, to name a few but list  goes on ad nauseam.  It seems to me that until we, the human race, can put aside our prejudices and differences and learn to live together history will continue repeating itself.  The names and players may change, but the song will remain the same.

• Upvote 4

It is clear that racism, prejudice, envy, and hatred of those that are different than ourselves is deeply ingrained in only one race, and that is the entire human race.  Throughout history there are countless examples of atrocities committed by one group against another based on one of these pathetic rationalizations.  White vs black, Oriental vs non, Muslim vs non, Lakota vs Pawnee, Hutus vs Tutsis, to name a few but list  goes on ad nauseam.  It seems to me that until we, the human race, can put aside our prejudices and differences and learn to live together history will continue repeating itself.  The names and players may change, but the song will remain the same.

that sounds like a great place to end this thread on.  +1 my friend.  well written.

• Upvote 3

Damn...All I said was Michelle was spreadin' the seeds of discontentment...I was referring to her direction of content of ''Hope'' for a future that learns from the past... not thrives on it. I commented on her presentation toward prior personnel experiences that were infused in her presentation that would've serve the greater future to have been left in the past.  Blacks seem to thrive on what happened 10 or 15 years ago...constantly bringing up stuff in the past or complainin' about things that are happenin' to everyone but just because they're black it has to do with something that was suppose to have ended 20 years ago but can't because at every turn the Blacks are the only ones reminding people of what happened in the past......Get a clue...''It's happin' NOW in REAL-LIFE'' to everybody...It happens everyday Black-on-Black on an hourly bases...But put a 'White'' bein' aggressive toward a Black's civil-rights and it's coast to coast main-street news, luting, riots and burnin' property...These are a few concerns Michelle should've addressed...not pump the poor-pitiful-me card...

TX you say one thing and then turn around and stand on a ''soap-box''...This statement by you has a strong message...you are a ''version'' of it. I don't blame anyone for anything...what happens in my life is the results of the choices I've chosen to take...Although you indulged in includin' numerous situation in which you were slighted...I care not to settle for sympathy on any cause but will say I do not have the education you've achieved but I have the street-savy to walk straight up to Dod53 to look Dead-in-his-eyes....TX why do you write one thing and then responded the way you have....I learned from my past...Guess what...It wasn't pretty but I'll be Damned if it's anybody's business but mine and I aint postin' it here for anyone's option or sympathy...I don't care what you or Dog or EaglEye think about my Street-Wise approach but I wish yall would all learn from yalls past so this nation can proceed...And yall grow from your past experiences....  

• Upvote 1

Damn...All I said was Michelle was spreadin' the seeds of discontentment...I was referring to her direction of content of ''Hope'' for a future that learns from the past... not thrives on it. I commented on her presentation toward prior personnel experiences that were infused in her presentation that would've serve the greater future to have been left in the past.  Blacks seem to thrive on what happened 10 or 15 years ago...constantly bringing up stuff in the past or complainin' about things that are happenin' to everyone but just because they're black it has to do with something that was suppose to have ended 20 years ago but can't because at every turn the Blacks are the only ones reminding people of what happened in the past......Get a clue...''It's happin' NOW in REAL-LIFE'' to everybody...It happens everyday Black-on-Black on an hourly bases...But put a 'White'' bein' aggressive toward a Black's civil-rights and it's coast to coast main-street news, luting, riots and burnin' property...These are a few concerns Michelle should've addressed...not pump the poor-pitiful-me card...

TX you say one thing and then turn around and stand on a ''soap-box''...This statement by you has a strong message...you are a ''version'' of it. I don't blame anyone for anything...what happens in my life is the results of the choices I've chosen to take...Although you indulged in includin' numerous situation in which you were slighted...I care not to settle for sympathy on any cause but will say I do not have the education you've achieved but I have the street-savy to walk straight up to Dod53 to look Dead-in-his-eyes....TX why do you write one thing and then responded the way you have....I learned from my past...Guess what...It wasn't pretty but I'll be Damned if it's anybody's business but mine and I aint postin' it here for anyone's option or sympathy...I don't care what you or Dog or EaglEye think about my Street-Wise approach but I wish yall would all learn from yalls past so this nation can proceed...And yall grow from your past experiences....  

Well ok I went back through this post and I cant find anywhere where I responded to your post.  Soooo whats up with I dont care what you or DOG thinks crap

popped up in your mind dude . and why would you want to look me dead in the eye`s . Im just trying to figure out what the hell your talking about.

Im as about as conservative as you get . So we probably would agree on most things. As far as YALL being streetwise . Its not very street wise to walk around with a chip on your shoulder. To many people will want to knock it off.  I certainly dont remember asking you about your personal life. I actually have friends on here that I dont mind sharing storys about my life with. Has nothing to do with sympathy.  I just love to reminisce :)   So before you go throwing my name around . Like you know me there Skeet.

Think about this

YOU DONT

• Upvote 2

it's wonderful to see michelle have the courage to generate "real talk" even though she, as well as i, already know the majority response it would generate.  nonetheless, a person's experience is their experience whether or not someone agree with it, accept it or regard it. 

She came into the White House with a chip on her shoulder and an ax to grind.  As the first lady she should not be out there causing more hard feelings and creating more victims. We would have been proud of the Obama's if they had given us reason. Being the first black President and first lady was important but they have used their position to cause more divisiveness and promote their own agenda not what was good for the country.  It makes me sad to see how ashamed and disappointed so many are in them.  They had a great opportunity to help make race relations better but have done just the opposite.

• Upvote 4

Trinity is right about experience and unless you have walked it...don't be so quick to judge... try being the Captain on a aircraft and on landing being approached by ground crew looking for the Captain and after realizing you ARE the Captain that he has just insulted....asking for the co-pilot....or as First Nations might say "walk a mile in my moccasins before you criticize...."

I am all for UNITY and believe that racial division is one of the signs of the times....BTW the young kid in one instance was my own son....not just frisked either...roughed up....briefcase and contents strewn on the road...and his fair=skinned wife asked " did this "N" rape you !!! he was young...driving a nice car (mine) and black....

Thank you Eagle, for sharing your experiences. Hopefully the ground crew learned a valuable lesson that day and did not make that mistake again. Some people need baby steps so please be patient with the slower portion of the white community. ;)

I was once grabbed by the throat by a man, in broad daylight outside of a business. Very Scary. I only wish I'd racked him when I had the chance but I was completely stunned. (Try that again and see what happens!)

:cowboy2:

My point is... Shlt happens. To everyone. The difference is... I am not a victim. It doesn't suit me!

okay, i don't have time to go in circles here so let me be direct. you posted a video of dmx and wrote this:

"Do blacks want a pass for this rhetoric and behavior? Pat them on the head and say “there, there… it’s not your fault… you’re just a victim.” Wouldn’t that be worse than being held accountable? Infantilizing and making excuses IS “The soft bigotry of low expectations”? The black community (culture) needs to take some responsibility because white America did not do this to you."

the takeaway from what you wrote is that blacks need to take responsibility for the message that DMX is preaching in his music. ridiculous! who is dmx and has he ever said anything intelligible?! what does he have to do with me or anyone i associate with??

now let me break this down so that you get it. i want to be abundantly clear. i posted a video of Clock Work Orange. this was a movie popularized by the white community. the message of this movie is nothing but mayhem and destruction perpetrated by young white males. it would be just as RIDICULOUS for me to hold the white community accountable for the message of this movie as it was for you to hold blacks accountable for the words of dmx.

get real...my friend.....get real

Honey, I'll get real if you will.

I believe you're under the impression I missed your point. I did not. You admonish me to not judge all on the actions of a few. Got it! Kinda like all police officers shouldn't be judged by the few bad apples. Yes... that's a good policy. ;) But I think it is you who have missed my point.

CWO was one fictional movie. Find another that is that deranged (and make it from this century, would ya?). I've never understood the "cult" attraction... but then I don't get 'Blazing Saddles' either! How many RAP songs (not just DMX) are there that glorify violence and drip with disrespect? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? It's not a fair comparison because I don't see anyone emulating the degenerate behavior of CWO like I do the gangsta rap. One man's entertainment is another man's inspiration... so to speak.

We all know there are injustices and racism in this country... from every conceivable angle. No one is disagreeing with that. What you are failing to comprehend is that blacks most certainly do need to take responsibility for their thug culture message and how MAINSTREAM it is. How does that "Anthem" help anyone? How does destruction and perpetual victimhood help anyone?

Let's agree though, that CWO doesn't represent me any more than DMX represents you. I was not getting personal with YOU (or anyone YOU associate with)... I was speaking of the culture that does nothing to remedy the perceptions some in their community invoke in others. Do they want a pass? Or can you, michelle obama and the black community drop the victimization and do as you, yourself have done - practice Personal Responsibility? Preach that to the young people.

I guess I'll have to wait for that convo, huh? B)

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 4

OMG OMG OMG,,,,,Bunk that was a racist statement, she is not from Africa,,,,you should have said move back to Chicago,,,,,and FYI everyone in / from Africa is not Dark pigmentation,,,,if everyone was allowed to start on the same playing field it would be great,,,we would not be having this conversation,,,,,at first I was angered knowing I have been praying for everyone on this forum to receive their blessings from the RV/RI, but at the same time I have been praying for the U.S. to reveal itself to the world,,,I guess one out of two ain't bad.....thanks trinty...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

''Dawg''...I was ''Walkin' '' your side of the streets...TX was shinin' on how he did this in college and that in a board-meetin'...and I conceded that he was more educated...Then I went to where you said,...''... you and your brother had a reputation...whereas people would cross the street to avoid yall...''...I just want to make the point if you wanted to put it out there for somebody to say something...''I'm your Huckleberry''...So ''Straight-Up''...Let it be known I can play by any rules...I can go to any extreme and it still...''Don't Mean Nuthin' ''....