Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Silly Smiles

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any questions??? :facepalm3:

No automatic alt text available.

Before anyone get's the wrong idea...I do believe there is a time and place to help those who really need help...but only as a way to get them back on their feet.  Since as a kid I was a recipient of assistance...my mother had no choice when she divorced my alcoholic father and had 7 kids to raise, she worked full time while attending college in her mid 40's...not surprisingly that level of stress led to a nervous break down.  When she got back on her feet she signed us up for food stamps as my dad wasn't really paying any child support.  So for about 3 yrs. she would drive 60 miles to buy groceries once a month, and if we needed anything else she would send us kids down to the local corner store to buy our milk, etc... because it embarrassed her too much to let people know she needed help.  As soon as she graduated though she got off assistance immediately and joined the work force once again.  I don't see any problem with those hard workin' folks who just need a hand, not a hand out.  Just sayin'!!! :peace:

• Upvote 5

Sorry...but I just had to go there!!! :rolleyes:

Image Released of Man Wanted In Connection With Murder of 53 Cowboys in Arlington, Texas

Happy GilmoreHappy Gilmore

Posted on Jan 15th, 2017

Image Released of Man Wanted In Connection With Murder of 53 Cowboys in Arlington, Texas

Arlington, TX 8:34 PM

The Arlington and Dallas police dept have revealed to us an artists sketch of the suspect that is believed to be responsible for the murder of over 53 Cowboys and emotionally assaulting millions of people at home VIA the Television.

We are unsure of exactly how this is going to be handled, but a visibly shaken and crying Tony Romo was not able to be consoled on the sidelines after Sunday's game.

The man named in the murder is Aaron Rodgers. He's typically seen throwing hail marys or filming awful TV commercials. He could be hiding anywhere. Please keep an eye out.

• Upvote 4

A friend from my college days shared this... touchin'...to the very end!!! ;)

As a minister's wife, I'm sometimes called on at emotional points in peoples' lives. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to deliver a eulogy at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was being held at an old forgotten cemetery down some Georgia backroads. As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost and thinking I had no time, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the funeral car was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.
I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to sing an old gospel hymn. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I sang my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends. I sang like I've never sang before for this homeless man. And, as I sang 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, and we all wept together. When I folded up my Bible and started for my car,
though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been puttin’ in septic tanks for twenty years."
Apparently I'm still lost . . . Guess it's a preacher's wife thing.... 
:blush:

• Upvote 3