Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central heading into a large printed banknotes

yota691

Please discuss the lop in the proper place.  This is not that place.  You have been told many times.

Lop talk is not allowed in chat, but you can discuss it here. Keep it respectful. And if you get thrown in the lopster tank... watch out for boiling water. :)

Is this Chat?

• Upvote 1

Lop talk is not allowed in chat, but you can discuss it here. Keep it respectful. And if you get thrown in the lopster tank... watch out for boiling water. :)

Is this Chat?

No and it certainly isn't the Lopster Tank either, where LOP should be discussed. :twothumbs:

No and it certainly isn't the Lopster Tank either, where LOP should be discussed. :twothumbs:

Thanks Markinsa

Maybe just to clarify things. Whats the definition of LOP.? Loss of profit? Lopping the zeroes off of our notes? Or is it just anything said that's negative about the dinar?

I totally understand that Lop talk is bad for the dinar business so it does make sense to not allow it here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Markinsa

Maybe just to clarify things. Whats the definition of LOP.? Loss of profit? Lopping the zeroes off of our notes? Or is it just anything said that's negative about the dinar?

I totally understand that Lop talk is bad for the dinar business so it does make sense to not allow it here.

LOP discussion is bad for the overall health of the Forums (Not going into definitions, you're an adult, use google.)

People invest in the Dinar because they think there is a possibility they can make money, but they also know they have the possibility of not making money.  They don't come to DinarVets to read in every other post they made a bad investment. But rather, the progress that Iraq has made to finally making a decision on their currency reform, good or bad and while we are all waiting have a good time reading each other's point of view.

This is the last post I will make on this topic, in this thread.  Anyone else who wishes to continue this "LOP" discussion will lose their posting privileges for a little while.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

When you have a currency that is not worth much, you add larger bills.  Why would a country have a 25,000 note if the note is only worth about $20 usd?  Why add two 25k notes to get a 50,000 note is the value is only $40 usd?  It is not logical (of course I don't expect it) nor is it practical.  And now individuals on this forum are talking about a 100k iqd?  

Why?  Because the currency has little or no value!!

Zimbabwean's largest currency?  Since it has no value either:  100,000,000,000,000 !?!?!

Of course we all know why.  "So they don't need to carry around a lot of bills."  And why do they need to carry around a lot of notes?  So that can buy bread and milk and whatever for the table.  If I had to shop with dinar when I bought groceries last week, I would have had to spend - 250,000 dinar!  

When you have a currency that is not worth much, you add larger notes; and larger notes; and larger notes, ad infinitum.  UNTIL YOU HAVE A CURRENCY WITH VALUE.  

Value comes from the commodities produced by the country.  In the case of Iraq that is oil.  Until crude goes up the value for the dinar will stay down.  Of course, it they revalue while crude is down then the dinar has a chance to go up.  Just as supply and demand control the price of oil (aka Saudi controls), so the value of a currency will (?) rise with the demand for that currency.  

But we are not talking about a revaluation or devaluation of currency, but making it easier to carry around large amounts of, or pieces of their currency.  As in Germany during their inflationary period or in the case of Zimbabwe's multi 0 bills, you only need to carry around 1 or 2 notes and not a wheelbarrow full of notes.

But that is not the real solution!!  The real solution is to make the value equal to or more than the $1.  Value does not come with the amount you carry around with you, but with the power it has to purchase products.  Increase the value, not the denominational size of the bills.

Simple illustration:  Right now I am a multi millionaire as per my IQD, but not in USD standards!  Now even if the IQD just went up a .20 per dollar, I am a wealthy man!  I would be a multi millionaire.  

In other words, 50k note is not going to do anything but cut the number of 25k notes they will have to carry around.  Well, whoop-ti-do!  Big deal.  

NOTHING CHANGES.

• Upvote 2

I thought what we are waiting for is Revaluation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revaluation), not Redenomination (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redenomination) . If Central Bank rejects RD, this is good for us. We are going into right direction. If they canceled RD, then we are lucky. The only thing that we have to wait is the new exchange rate of IQD. It doesn't matter if they print the new banknotes (50,000;100,000,etc). The first thing that they have to do is to get HCL implemented. After that, then there are two possibility, the exchange rate will be rise gradually automatically or they will do RV. JMO :)

Edited by gur1t4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks YOTA, Another great find...

I can understand people's flustration with some of these articles, Everyone wants an RV! some even if it's small just for bragging rights. Most come here to see others opinion good or bad, for example a lot of replies I see are ( I like how you think ) Everyone comes here for the great information. There's some d*mn smart people here. So if you see where someone is venting a little about an article it just maybe the cherry on top of a very bad day.. I come here for the truth! If I didn't mind having smoke blown up my pants leg there's 50 other sites that cater to folks like that.

An RV over 0.20 to 1.0 is Gravy

• Upvote 3

$100,000 note used during a 3 week stretch Dec 1934 thru Jan 1935. Used only for official transactions between federal reserve banks. Woodrow Wilson was featured. In 1969 quit

using $500.00, 1k, 5k, & 10k notes. Fell out of circulation but still legal tender if you can find one. Been hearing so much BS on this ride for the past 11 yr's that I'm beginning to think

this will never happen. I, like the rest of you would really like to see this happen but the constant up's & down's are just getting too damn old. This ride will probably soon crash

and burn. Still, hope I'm wrong. Have a good night.

• Upvote 2

CBI offers a project to print large cash categories

By Mohammed Emad 5.12.2015 12:11 | Views: 851
Font size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif

Brother - Baghdad

Adviser to the Prime Minister for Economic Affairs, the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, revealed that the   central bank provides to the draft printing large cash categories need to market to those groups.

Said Mohammed Saleh in a press statement that "Project Print Central Bank of Iraq large cash categories, an important step on the road to monetary reform, which supports the country's economy," as described, pointing to "the market need to large groups, because cash payments exceed dealing instruments, cards, e-payment ".

Saleh continued that "printed large cash categories of project is not about monetary policy but the payments system management, and that the plan would be reduced cash amounts especially since large groups constitute 90 per cent of the money supply," noting that "put these large groups is to ask how much Monthly itself of the money supply in the market but different categories, and not increase the original amount. "

He ruled out the possibility for inflation by the implementation of the new project, but in the case of lending to the government and the issuance of large cash categories can get inflation in prices, The country suffered a contraction in liquidity both in dinars or in dollars with total money supply in Iraq size less than 40 trillion dinars (about 31 billion dollars). "

18032.jpg?width=650&watermark=4

Author: Editor: ag reporter: we

Number of Views: 1082

12/05/2015 23:10

Tomorrow Press / Baghdad said the Parliamentary Finance Committee member Masood Haider, Tuesday, the central bank decided to print large cash categories to create the removal of zeros from the currency in the coming period, stressing that the decision thoughtful and maker and to be implemented. He explained Haider for "tomorrow Press," that " Finance Committee discussed with the Governor of the Central Bank on the Keywords in its last meeting the subject of currency printed in the case of the availability of financial liquidity, "noting that" the central bank decided to reprint some of the larger denominations to create the removal of zeros from the currency in the coming period. " He added that "due Categories printed and fifty-one hundred thousand Iraqi dinars, "pointing out that" the thoughtful decision maker and for more than two years and only implementation remain. "

to create the removal of the zeros in the coming period.

like I said in another thread.

issue 50,000 and 100,000 thereby removing 10,000 and 25,00h0 thousand

from the market.

then in the, "COMING PERIOD",take the 50,000 and 100,000 of the market

paving the way for an RVsometime after September.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Under section: economic Dated: May 13, 2015

122.png

Baghdad / Iraq News Network said the Parliamentary Finance Committee member Masood Haider, on Wednesday, the central bank decided to print large cash categories to create the removal of zeros from the currency in the coming period, stressing that the decision-maker and thoughtful expected Altniv.ooodh Haider: "The Finance Committee discussed with Governor of the Central Bank on the Keywords in its last meeting the subject of currency printed in the case of the availability of financial liquidity, "noting that" the central bank decided to reprint some of the larger denominations to create the removal of zeros from the currency in the coming period. "He added that" the groups scheduled to print the fifty and one hundred thousand Iraqi dinars, "pointing out that" thoughtful and decision-maker for more than two years and only implementation remain. "

On a similar topic, with hype of the Chinese yaun seeking a reserve status, various articles reference OIL as one of three safe bets (2015 forbes article) Unable to add the link. My question becomes, will an RV be necessary or will the Dinar increase at a steady rate without the 1:1? Can any Forex traders weigh in with first-hand insight?

I still don't understand how printing larger notes will "create" the removal of three zeroes in the coming period. If we follow LDG's idea, putting 50k and 100k noted in circulation allows the 25k and 10k to be raked in, but if they don't print an equal amount of dinar worth there would be a huge shortage of money cash-wise and a shrinkage of the overall money supply. That would mean requiring more U.S. dollars to be pumped out to compensate or they would have to revalue within a very cramped period of time once a huge amount of 25k and 10k notes get sucked in.

• Upvote 1

I'm (wishfully) thinking that the 100K notes are disinformation. Have they shown proofs yet? They usually make a big deal about the iconography.

I hope they are printing something- ones, fives and tens would be a good start.

• Upvote 2

I am not concerned.  Y'all forget that the US has $100K notes - so the banks and gvt can transfer large amounts of cold cash easily.  The CBI wants new large notes with the extra security features.

It doesn't sound like we will even have to deal with a time limit to exchange ours because they say right up front that these new notes are for internal banking use.  These notes will NOT hit the streets.

So, why make them for internal use only UNLESS they will be too large for the public to use???

See where I'm going with this?

I think this is an OUTSTANDING article.

Peace and Prosperity

Too right. These are notes that would never be in circulation.

From my understanding Iraq is going to print 50k and 100k to reduce the note count, like the CBi said they were going to do. So they are going to take the 5k, 10k and 25k out of circulation to reduce the note count even more to make room for the rv. They need to be around 1billion notes in circulation to get ready for a rv, like the CBI has said before. So look for the note count, nothing more. That is the key to the RV. Research it. 

• Upvote 5