Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Words have meaning

bohica

There are terms being bantered around which need to be examined.  Words are like tools.  They really have no power within themselves but the manner in which they are utilized determines their power.  But there are factions in society and government which loves to take words and give them meanings other than what the actual words represents.  They truly seem to believe that if they scream the new definition for the word long enough and loud enough that people will eventually begin to believe those new definitions.  But if someone knows what a hammer looks like and can recognize one at a glance then it does not matter if others scream and yell that it is not a hammer but is actually a screwdriver.  The person who understands what a hammer looks like and is used for will always know that a hammer is a hammer and not a screwdriver.  

Two words have been so misused that they have actually become weapons by the liberals against people to truly do not understand the meaning of words.  These two words are ‘Islamaphobic and Homophobic’.  The liberals have taken these words and have given them meanings that are not addressed in the words themselves.  Again the liberals and government talking heads are calling a hammer a screwdriver and people believe them.  These terms are being presented as meaning that if you are in opposition to either Islam or homosexuality than you are hostile towards them.  But that is the total opposite as to the definition of the words as they are parsed out.  Parsing out a word simply refers to breaking a word down.  Many words are a combination of multiple words.  The key element of both of these words is the term ‘phobic’.  Phobic is derived from phobia or the fear of something.  When a person is ‘phobic’ they are terrified by something.  They want nothing to do with that which triggers their particular phobia.  If a person has a phobia of water they avoid water and are terrified of being in or around water.  If a person has a phobia of spiders or snakes they are basically rendered paralyzed by fear if they are in the presence of a spider or a snake.  But liberals and other elements in society have taken the term phobia and have turned it from being terrified of something to where a person is hostile towards something and attacking that which has created their phobia.  According to the term this is totally impossible.  Yet, those in society consistently call a hammer a screwdriver. 

Just because you do not agree with homosexuality does not mean that you are terrified of homosexuality.  Neither does it mean, as the liberals or others in society are trying to present, that you are hostile towards it.   Likewise, just because a person does not agree with the teachings of Islam or does not trust Islam due to the actions of radical Islamist, does it mean that a person is hostile towards Islam.  According to the definition of the words a person would have to be so terrified of Islam and homosexuality to the point of being basically unable to function in the presence of these things.  If this was the case then the person who have nothing to do with either and would see them as something to be avoided at all cost, not confronted or attacked.

Liberals love to use words they do not understand.  As I listen to liberals talk I am beginning to think that many of them are basically ignorant.  They just know how to navigate conversations so that they do not have to address any real issues.  Listen to them and take note as to how many times they divert the focus off of what they real issue or topic has been and on to what they wish to address.  They seem to have a canned response much like the religious cults who have a particular response to questions but if they are forced to stay on topic they fall apart.  Knowing the power of some words the liberals avoid ‘yes’ and ‘no’ answers like the plague.  They love to scream and yell their particular definitions even though it actually just proves their own ignorance regarding the reality of those particular words.  Just because someone disagrees with Islam and homosexuality does not mean they are hostile towards it. It simply means they are using their First Amendment right to express their personal opinion on the matter.  The liberals use and twist the meanings of words to try to get them to be quite by demonizing those who disagree.

People need to stop calling a hammer a screwdriver.  People need to know the difference between these two tools.  People need to stop believing the liberals and the government talking heads when they are screaming that a hammer is a screwdriver.  The words Islamaphobia and Homophobic are words which really do not exist and cannot exist in their given definition.  It is impossible for them to mean that which the liberals and government talking heads are trying to make them out to mean.  People need to look at things for themselves and to stop believing those who are calling a hammer a screwdriver. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Do you have any objection to the content or just do not like that I do not spout status quo?  I believe my point is clear in that the homosexual arena and the pro-Islam arena dislikes it when anyone objects to their pushing a partular way of life upon others.  If they cannot get people to agree then they simply demonize those who object.  This is exactly what Hitler and his people did to the Jews and anyone who opposed to the attacks upon the Jews.  If this administration does not want people objecting to their agenda they simply  demonize those who object.  You can oppose the homosexual agenda and Islam without being hateful.  But then again the most hateful people I find are those who claim to be the most open minded.

Correct Bohica!  To condense this:  It is the the way liberals justify/embrace the notion of "open-mindedness" being an enlightened concept... everything goes... hence ALL words can be spun!  And that takes no strength of character...  it's gutless.  It stands for nothing,  Words with false meaning lead to narrative with false meaning... manufactured meanings leading to manufactured issues.  Of course then, it's all disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.  The ends justify the means... Kumbaya is valued over substance.  Remember... it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is...  :blink:  :facepalm2:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Then once the word is parsed the definition of the parts of those words would be relatively self explanitory.  Just because a person does not agree does not make them hateful.  Yet the use of the words by those who have the homosexual agenda or the Islamic agenda seem to want to present any dessention as being done by hateful antagonistic people.  But discussion, and desention discussion, is critical for an informed society.  Otherwise society just follows suit and we have seen through history what happens when people just accept and follow suit.  It is not hateful to say 'I do not accept homosexuality as being born that way and not a personal choice'.  That does not mean that I do not care about that individual.  I have known some who have that lifestyle and that is totally up to them.  Yet in today's society the people who do not believe that it is not a choice are left out as hateful evil people.  It is time that the same right to personal belief be rendered to all people regardless of their point of view.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Waldo...is an opinion a judgement?  Is it not judgement when those who wish to have a contrary opinion are demonized as hateful evil people?  Why is it that the only people who can be racist, hateful, judgemental people are those who do not accept the status quo position on things?

This is a definition I found for the word judgment

an opinion or decision that is based on careful thought

: the act or process of forming an opinion or making a decision after careful thought : the act of judging something or someone

: the ability to make good decisions about what should be done

• Downvote 1

Then is not your opinion of me also a judgement?  Normally the term judgment includes a component of right or wrong and of a moralization of a person based upon the stance of that judgment.  You appear to use the verse of not judging in order to verify that you judge me for my opinion.  If this is the case then everyone from the beginning of history would be judge since everyone has had an opinion about something or another at some time.  

• Upvote 1

Exactly.... "judgement" is not defined as a negative or malicious word.  This is just another example of words being misused and thrown about disingenuously.  I judge based on my convictions, values and preferences.  That's my right as an individual... nothing negative or malicious involved...

Even "hate", as a negative word, can have a positive expression in a different context... "I hate evil."

It can even be used to express "preference"... as in "I hate the city. I like the suburbs.".  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

There is a difference between making a "judgement" and being "judgmental"

Making a "judgement" concerns a making decision...should I do this? or this....

Being "judgmental" concerns passing a judgment onto somebody else.

Bohica... I'm curious when was the last time a g a y or a Muslim tried to recruit you. lol

QUOTE: "I believe my point is clear in that the homosexual arena and the pro-Islam arena dislikes it when anyone objects to their pushing a partular way of life upon others."

"We make our best decisions when they come from a place of love.

People make their worse decisions when they come out of fear."

• Upvote 1

Words do have meaning and anyone can use any word they wish and give that word any meaning one wishes to give it.

For example, I can write an article about a hammer and I can define the meaning of the word hammer as to its meaning within my article and that will be the meaning of that word. In my article I can provide a definition for any word or words within my article and that will be its meaning.

For example: In this article hammer means; any screwdriver.

Now when you read my article every time you come across the word hammer it means any screwdriver.

Just ask the BAR about this. They are the grand masters of redefining common words within the codes and statutes which they do to cleverly deceive the average reader of their codes and statutes in order to obtain their consent to stand under those codes and statues that don't actually apply to them.

Take the word "person" as an example. In the common language people would construe the word "person" to mean a man and a woman. But in all the codes and statutes the word "person" has nothing at all to do with a man or woman and only means a artificial entity. This is all legal because they have provided a definition for the word person defining what it is to mean when used in the code and statutes.

Unfortunately most people think the word person means them when that word person is used in the codes and statutes and because of their belief they unknowingly consent to stand under the codes and statutes.

• Upvote 1

Exactly.... "judgement" is not defined as a negative or malicious word.  This is just another example of words being misused and thrown about disingenuously.  I judge based on my convictions, values and preferences.  That's my right as an individual... nothing negative or malicious involved...

Even "hate", as a negative word, can have a positive expression in a different context... "I hate evil."

It can even be used to express "preference"... as in "I hate the city. I like the suburbs.".  

Well said Jax........ :bravo:

• Upvote 2

Bohica,

Please provide the link to the literary sources you are copying from.  Thanks. :twothumbs:

https://docbaize.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/words-have-meaning/

Thanks Markinsa

Hello bohica, I noticed when I went to this link that you have pretty much posted every blog this man has written...

Either you are posting this man's writings without giving him credit...or...

DV is a great venue to get your blogs out there. Which is it?

• Upvote 1