Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Freddie Gray death: cries of 'justice' in Baltimore after six officers charged

umbertino

Sarcasm, eh? Are you one of those that believes police brutality doesn't happen? Obviously the legal process needs to take it's course, but from the evidence presented thus far, Gray died due to injuries sustained from some type of police abuse, whether from a rough riding paddy ride or other means. Unless you deny that as well . . .

I've been arrested on trumped up charges, I have been railroaded and convicted to be taught a lesson, and I have received speeding tickets for speeds I was not driving.  I know there are bad Police officers out there.  

What I'm trying to get across to you and others, who want to condemn all of these police officers to death before trial, is they are no better than the really bad cops who are out there.  

We have no way of knowing what was in the hearts of the six police officers in question, so how can you sit there in judgement without knowing the "facts'?

• Upvote 2

YOU don't know that.   That's the problem with your perspective, hence your "argument".  It's not at the point of even being able to deny!  YOU are prejudging the case as factual, based on nothing but media attention.

Fair enough. But if it's true that Gray had sever spinal injuries, that implies the injury was caused by someone other than Gray himself . . .according to an expert on Fox News.

right...I know there are bad cops.  I was marked by one but because I had a public position in the town I was safe but I was disturbing their drug and sexual cover up thing.  I know there are bad cops.  Don't even go there.  You act like these cops are all guilty but you also were haveing a small heart attack at the idea that these poor little thugs might be misjudged.  I am sick of the double standard one for the cop and one for the good for nothing thug who is trying to burn people alive like that pizza owner in Baltimore.  When was the last time you got off your stinking high horse and went over to a cop and thank him for the risk he takes every day for your miserable hide?

right...I dare you to put on the badge as a reserve but I truly do not believe you would survive..

I've never gone out of my way to thank a cop just like Ive never gone out of my way to thank my garbage man. When the service is rendered in my presence, than I give a thanks. No need to kiss butt.

Regardless, I don't need to put on a badge to form an opinion and frankly, don't care to.

But I'm glad you notice a double standard. There are those who think cops are automatically innocent (heck, if it weren't for body cameras and dash cams, lots of cops this year alone would have gotten away with abuse since some people love to believe anything a cop says) and there are those who cry racism over everything. Both suck.

I've been arrested on trumped up charges, I have been railroaded and convicted to be taught a lesson, and I have received speeding tickets for speeds I was not driving.  I know there are bad Police officers out there.  

What I'm trying to get across to you and others, who want to condemn all of these police officers to death before trial, is they are no better than the really bad cops who are out there.  

We have no way of knowing what was in the hearts of the six police officers in question, so how can you sit there in judgement without knowing the "facts'?

I'm glad you know that there are bad cops, though sucks for your experiences. And you're right, nobody knows all the "facts" yet and I shouldn't have been so affirmative. However, to believe NOTHING went one is naive. He was denied medial attention when he cried out for it. He had "alleged" sever spinal injuries inconsistent with self-infliction, etc. Something happened at the hands of the cops, that much can't be denied.

Right....your response reminds me of so many 'praying' people.  You offer your prayers to people yet you come across as one of the nastiness ill tempered people around.. please keep your prayers.

No problem. I'm only nasty to corrupt and abusive people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for your judgment considering you do not know me.  You have assumed a position as a 'spiritual' person with your praying.  Yet you have an attitude of ingratitute in that you do not thank the lowest of persons unless it is convient.  I understand now from where you are coming and no longer concern myself with your condemnation of me or of the police.  You have a mentality that is narrow and closed.  Please keep your prayers to yourself in that there are too many people like you who make Hell look appealing if you are a represtative of Heaven.  You judge people without knowledge.  I know first hand not all cops are good.  But I also lay you money that the good out weight the bad.  You truly are an insult to the good people who do try to pray for the police to make it home after every shift.  Unfortunately you are the kind of person to whom a good cop will lose his or her life trying one day to help.  The sad part is that you would not even appreciate it.  

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your judgment considering you do not know me.  You have assumed a position as a 'spiritual' person with your praying.  Yet you have an attitude of ingratitute in that you do not thank the lowest of persons unless it is convient.  I understand now from where you are coming and no longer concern myself with your condemnation of me or of the police.  You have a mentality that is narrow and closed.  Please keep your prayers to yourself in that there are too many people like you who make Hell look appealing if you are a represtative of Heaven.  You judge people without knowledge.  I know first hand not all cops are good.  But I also lay you money that the good out weight the bad.  You truly are an insult to the good people who do try to pray for the police to make it home after every shift.  Unfortunately you are the kind of person to whom a good cop will lose his or her life trying one day to help.  The sad part is that you would not even appreciate it.  

I believe you misunderstand. I didn't say you were corrupt or abusive . . .

I also have two good friends who are cops and my best friends father was a cop. I know all cops are not bad and I know the majority are good. But what I don't like is when people get upset simply because you question the motives of someone who is a cop. A cop is no better than anyone else. They are neither more honest or upstanding simply for being a cop. I've never needed a cop and have never been arrested. I mind my business. If there ever comes a time I need the services of the police, Ill make sure to thank them, just like I thank my janitor when I see him cleaning the bin in my office.

Lastly, I do not offer my religious beliefs in this thread, but if you think the concept of hell is more appealing just because of people you run across on a message board, then I suggest you reevaluate your concept of hell.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What?  No cries for justice?  No angry mobs burning buildings? No traffic stopped by protesters?  The silence is deafening.  Our society does not give a rat's butt for the life of a police officer or the people he leaves behind.

• Upvote 3

Wrongsonword, you are a tool.

:wub:

What?  No cries for justice?  No angry mobs burning buildings? No traffic stopped by protesters?  The silence is deafening.  Our society does not give a rat's butt for the life of a police officer or the people he leaves behind.

Man, you sure make a lot of judgments on people you don't know. In this case, an entire society. Wasn't that what you were accusing others of doing? :shrug:

Cries for justice? Justice will be served. Perp will be in jail for life.

Angry protests? Protest against whom? Thugs on the street? Quite impossible . . . You can protest/petition government. You can't protest/petition against those who don't care . . . who knows though, government is a bunch of thugs anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I do not believe there will be one sign or slogan how police lives matter.  I do not believe one politician will speak out about the horror that the police face at the hands of the public.  I truly do not believe that our society gives a rat's....when it comes to the police.  But just let one moron die while in custody whether it is the police fault or not and all hadies breaks loose.  I truly do not believe people care about what happens to police or their families.  I have yet to have any reason to change my opinion.

• Upvote 2

It is all a sad mess for all involved. We truly do not know all the details,

but it would appear to me it is too early to judge anyone involved. Yes,

the police must answer for what did or did not happen of course, but

I do think we rush to judgment far too often, not just with a subject like

this, but other subjects that can cause emotional responses before

we know the details.

All of it is very sad, and it angers me to see this kind of division in this

country against anyone, but it is now becoming too common. No doubt 

the police have a real challenge with so much tension, I for one would

know my limitations as an officer, and if I felt close to purposely hurting

someone, I would leave my post hopefully, before I took out any frustrations

upon another person.

No easy answers and hopefully the truth will be found out and justice properly

pursued. Far too much tension in this land, no one is a winner when this manner

of division is promoted by politicians from both sides. Most politicians do not

have the courage to address these issues, and too often use them as political tools.

Washington is a cesspool, I hope at some point this country will divest themselves

from both political parties. It has and is costing us far too much.

• Upvote 2

Botzwana I could not agree with you more.  They are being sacrificed on the alter of political correctness.  The knife is racism.  The firewood is carried by the minions of the Democrat party.  They never had a chance.

Racism?....aren't three of the six police officers black?    :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I have no doubt racism is a major problem in this country and particularly the inner cities......but to equate police blue to black and white only muddies the waters further.  A profession is not a race.  As for me, I will reserve judgment on the officers pending the outcome of a trial.   :peace:  I also believe one bad cop can have a devastating effect over an entire departments image......just as one lawless individual can give an entire neighborhood a bad name.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

I also believe one bad cop can have a devastating effect over an entire departments image......just as one lawless individual can give an entire neighborhood a bad name.

Very True....

It does not matter if the cops are white or black...they wear blue.  The mayor sacrified the businesses to appease the black rioters in that city.  

I do agree with you on this. In their haste to charge them, they made the mistake and charged two totally innocent citizens.

One major problem with the 'trial' for the police officers is that the politics are involved.  The Mayor is a coward not wanting to 'offend' the black rioters and afraid of protests.  The race of the police officers is unimportant because the hatred against the police threatens a fair trial.  It has already been proven that the prosecuter had connections with the attorney for the man who died in custody.  It has also been proved through testimony that the same man purposely harmed himself in the van.  The politicians are not against white or black but the politicians are against BLUE.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've seen both sides of this. Sure COPS are human and capable of error and should be held accountable just like you & I. But just like those that complain about profiling..........don't do the same here. Not all COPS are bad. And explain to me how does burning down & looting your own community resolve ANYTHING? Also please remember who are the 1st people one contacts in time of emergency.