Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exclusive - Iraq seeks credit rating before jumbo bond issue

k98nights

Not if they issue the bonds in USD.

I think I've already answered that point.

so if the bond is in dinar..no rv..but if in dollars then no rv???????

Sorry, but issuing bonds pretty much squashes any RV possibility for a long time.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/201735-exclusive-iraq-seeks-credit-rating-before-jumbo-bond-issue/page-5#ixzz3YuGrWVqE

do you not agree that a credit rating is a good thing?

CDS at 539 bp means credit rating won't be good.

• Upvote 1

Uh Hell...I was thinkin' the bonds would be locked in at 1166 to the Buck...The worth of the bonds can only be at the present-day value...Then when the value increases the increased value is applied to the principle in turn gives a negative...which in a flat-currency is a profit...

IQD bonds would be specific number of dinar.  1 billion IQD bond means 1 billion IQD must be repaid regardless of IQD exch rate.  If they RV 1,000 X then GOI is repaying 1 billion IQD at 1,000 X the value of what they borrowed.  Of course they wouldn't do that.

As long as Flat-currency...Credit...is the measurin' tool for worth, your goin' to have to play by the rules...If your goin' to establish credit...Hell ''Go Big''.... why not take out 5 billion dinar line-of-credit... that's what they want...Let'em have it...Then show'em what your made of...while you rack-in all the chips...Because when it's all said and done 5 Billion Dinars will make someone 5 times ''DAT''.....

or would they..back door deals are made every day....there could be a clause that if they rv the amount is different...or maybe a country gets oil at a different rate..or ????

No back door stuff. Sovereign bonds are simple and rigid or they don't get international buyers, simple as that.

International bond market doesn't play games. It's the real world with smartest financial people on the planet.  Iraq tries any funny stuff and the market for their sovereign bonds would disappear.

Then it doesn't affect IQD at all, certainly doesn't mean RV.

And it proves Iraq will keep using USD in foreign banking & trade for a long time.  Foreign buyers of Iraq bonds want USD repayment not IQD.  They won't touch Iraq bonds if there is any possibility Iraq would try to repay in IQD. It would be illegal anyway if bonds are denominated in USD.

Where are you getting this nonsense? All of that statement is conjecture on your part... :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why use your own reserves if you can borrow.....I can pay for a new car(which will depreciate) ..but why tie up my assets when I can get a car loan and write off the interest and keep my capitol in tack.

GOI has no reserves. Why they're borrowing money.

• Downvote 1

Where are you getting this nonsense? All of that statement is conjecture on your part... :lol:

Not conjecture at all. Established proven verifiable facts. Google "sovereign bonds" and you can learn all about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not conjecture at all. Established proven verifiable facts. Google "sovereign bonds" and you can learn all about it.

I have googled it.  That doesn't change the fact that you're making assumptions of what Investors will and won't do.  You have no basis in fact to back up your arguments.

These are bonds...credit...credit is what established flat-currency...flat-currency is the accumulation of credit and the rating of your ability to repay the line of credit...Where most people mess-up and fail to realize is that you were never in debt...There's no bases for debt because it never accessed...It was always a credit and only has value if owed....It's not the principle the high-rollers want, they leave that up to pencle-pusher...They want the returns...   

• Upvote 1

I have googled it.  That doesn't change the fact that you're making assumptions of what Investors will and won't do.  You have no basis in fact to back up your arguments.

No problem, let's just sit back and see what they do.

If real world facts are negative, then ok, I guess I'm negative.

Issuing sovereign bonds takes GOI into the real world where hope doesn't fly, just facts.

you know my friend, when ever some really good news comes we always have a little negative bugger show up, everyone has a opinion granted.

But why not also look at some positives some times, you might be right, you might be wrong. But if you really hold any dinar you better pray you

are wrong and then you can say your sorry for being a butt head, like my nephew calls me, he is 4 its funny.

now that is the fact jack   :cigar:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

you know my friend, when ever some really good news comes we always have a little negative bugger show up, everyone has a opinion granted.

But why not also look at some positives some times, you might be right, you might be wrong. But if you really hold any dinar you better pray you

are wrong and then you can say your sorry for being a butt head, like my nephew calls me, he is 4 its funny.

now that is the fact jack   :cigar:

If you invest based on hopes and dreams that are contrary to the facts, I would question the wisdom of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm dumb, but it's odd that they are on the one hand borrowing money and on the other hand have all this gold, oil and mineral reserves and claim the dinar is covered by 2.5 times. :shrug:

Not dumb at all. The US is about 20 trillion in debt and the middle class has never been fatter. Edited by justchecking123