Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exclusive - Iraq seeks credit rating before jumbo bond issue

k98nights

I'm dumb, but it's odd that they are on the one hand borrowing money and on the other hand have all this gold, oil and mineral reserves and claim the dinar is covered by 2.5 times.   :shrug: 

Simple really, resources in the ground aren't counted toward currency reserves.

And CBI Key Financials report proves IQD is barely covered 1x.  If they keep printing IQD it will drop below 1x.

And no I'm not interested in arguments that CBI is reducing IQD in circulation. KF report shows they're not.

• Upvote 1

Yep, starting point for borrowing money.

Why is GOI borrowing money if RV is right around the corner?

Once again... Does Donald Trump buy all his properties with cash in the bank? No he has 50 banks that will loan him the money so he doesn't need to use his own cash. Simple. A good business decision plus if paid correctly helps the credit score. Once again.. Simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ban this Drifter guy!  He has been here before with his negative crap.  

I think I'll ban myself. Not waste any more time where facts are ignored so people can feel good.

Gosh, I didn't know investing was all about feelings.

I certainly don't invest that way.

Good luck to you all.

Bye.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Pay back 1,000 times more than they borrowed? No way GOI would do that. They just won't RV till bonds are paid back, probably 10 years. And if they're rolled over it'll be another 10 years.

Sorry, but issuing bonds pretty much squashes any RV possibility for a long time.

Another guru

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know what? 

I'm not a negative investor and I hope and pray this RV actually happens. 

BUT,when someone on here actually presents some FACTUAL and LOGICAL POSSIBILITIES.....you all just start to trash them and call them names. What the hell is wrong with all of you?? 

You rant about the liberals who have zero tolerance but then you turn around and act JUST LIKE THEM. Why not grow up and engage with some evidence of your own to have a respectable conversation/debate instead of name calling and running people off who present opinions that actually have some merit? 

DONE 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Matter of fact some of the shrewdest business deals that I can think of that made millionaires out of ordinary folks were decided on a ''feelin''...(micro-soft, Google)...Some of my best decisions were made on a feelin'...and hopefully I'll be able to cross-off becomin' a millionaire on my ''Hunches Bucket List''... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you invest based on hopes and dreams that are contrary to the facts, I would question the wisdom of that.

agreed tried to have a conversation and now he/she/it self banned themselves.

I tried to ban myself from drinking before, didn't work out that well

i will miss drifter and their positive outlook,

all opinions taken, but not all negative and not all positive, not the way life works

davis

• Upvote 1

We can all do back-flips off the wagon while we wait for ''Difter'' to come back so we can watch him do back-flips......

""Stealth'' let's just ''Hope'' all that noise is comin' out of the right end...

• Upvote 1

You know what? 

I'm not a negative investor and I hope and pray this RV actually happens. 

BUT,when someone on here actually presents some FACTUAL and LOGICAL POSSIBILITIES.....you all just start to trash them and call them names. What the hell is wrong with all of you?? 

You rant about the liberals who have zero tolerance but then you turn around and act JUST LIKE THEM. Why not grow up and engage with some evidence of your own to have a respectable conversation/debate instead of name calling and running people off who present opinions that actually have some merit? 

DONE 

He didn't have any "verifiable facts" to back up his argument, when I confronted him.  "Not conjecture at all. Established proven verifiable facts. Google "sovereign bonds" and you can learn all about it."

He came on here expecting to intimidate and scare people with non-existent "facts" (see below), that's what I don't like. 

1. And it proves Iraq will keep using USD in foreign banking & trade for a long time.  (Opinion)

2. Foreign buyers of Iraq bonds want USD repayment not IQD.  (Opinion)

3. They won't touch Iraq bonds if there is any possibility Iraq would try to repay in IQD.  (Opinion)

4. It would be illegal anyway if bonds are denominated in USD. (Where would it be illegal? Iraq? )

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/201735-exclusive-iraq-seeks-credit-rating-before-jumbo-bond-issue/page-5#ixzz3Yv1QvWr6

• Upvote 2