Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Banks not cashing Dinar do to counterfeit bills

desert surfer

Have any of you heard today  that banks will not be cashing in Dinar from individuals who are holding Dinar. Because there  are so many counterfeit bills that are being printed by Iran and N. Korea?  

I told my friend that there are machines that will sort out any counterfeit bills and cash in the good ones.  That the banks will not turn away from making money on this.

• Upvote 1

Have any of you heard today  that banks will not be cashing in Dinar from individuals who are holding Dinar. Because there  are so many counterfeit bills that are being printed by Iran and N. Korea?  

I told my friend that there are machines that will sort out any counterfeit bills and cash in the good ones.  That the banks will not turn away from making money on this.

MOST big currency dealers are usually certified and licensed through the United States Treasury.. therefore they are legitimate bills with accounted serial numbers from usually Iraq or Jordan.  If you have bought from Ebay or no name dealers you may want to check them and their security features to authenticate the bills. The De la rue machines will spot counterfeit bills when ran through it, also tellers are trained by looking at up to date  currency books at banks that will need to be verified.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

MOST big currency dealers are usually certified and licensed through the United States Treasury.. therefore they are legitimate bills with accounted serial numbers from usually Iraq or Jordan.  If you have bought from Ebay or no name dealers you may want to check them and their security features to authenticate the bills. The De la rue machines will spot counterfeit bills when ran through it, also tellers are trained by looking at up to date  currency books at banks that will need to be verified.

Not "most big currency dealers"  any currency dealer MUST be licensed with the treausry, its not optional.. That said that does not mean they sell legit bills. The treasury themself say on the registration forms that simply having a license is not an endorsement. Lets say ABCDinar buys in Dinar from the general public and resells it on their website. One would hope they check the notes with a de la rue but we really don't know. Buying from a reputable dealer is probably safer than buying from jim smith selling out of his basement on ebay but it doesn't mean you'll get legit bills for sure.

As for tellers looking stuff up, as someone who has worked in a bank you put way too much stock in tellers. They are basically min wage cashiers and most know little to nothing about foreign money

Edited by rulesforrebels

Grazie easyrider...Makes sense.

Mods..i know there is a thread for a while back on how to see if your dinar is counterfit....I have been unable to locate..maybe we can post the link here if anyone can find it?

a simple google search you can find lots of graphics showing what security features should look like. theres also alot of threads of discussons on this topic as well. really main thing to check for is horse head watermark, security thread and that it glows under black light. if you have those things which are super easy to check for your 99.9999999% all good unless you have some crazy good made iranian fake.

everyone is all hyped up about fake dinar. honestly why would someone counterfeit one of the most security feature rich and hard to fake notes out there which is one of the least valuable? if i was gonna make fake money I'd pick sum south american country with a stronger currency with little security features. why go for the hardest one with the least return?

not saying counterfeits dont exist but i dont think its as big of a problem as people worry about.