Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

3rd Reading Of The Investment Law...April 28th.

Luigi1

from Guru Aggiedad77...

Many Gurus believe the Investment Law will be key to the RV as Investors will need laws to protect them & a rate to work with. After the 3rd reading, it will go to Gazette then become law around the 1st week in May. IMO. Luigi.

4-20-2015   Newshound Guru Aggiedad77   Article:  "Parliament to raise its 28 AprilToday's Parliament session did get through the second reading of the Investment Law...woohoo...some progress...as well as a couple of other readings...then announced its next meeting to be April 28.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

here's another update on this feed & why this Bill is so important to our investments...

4-22-2015   Newshound Guru Millionday   Article quote:  “Revealed the economy parliamentary committee introduced a number of new items on the investment law to promote the reality of investment for the country.”  THEY HAVE AMENDED THE INVESTMENT LAW...WHOOPOW --- THIS IS TO PROMOTE THE LARGEST INVESTORS -- TO OPEN THE SINGLE WINDOW--AND PROMOTE THE REALITY PUBLIC INVESTMENT TO THE COUNTRY – WOW  Quote:  "The House of Representatives read the second reading of the investment law,… ...YESTERDAY … THE INVESTMENT LAW WAS READ FOR THE SECOND TIME.   [I have also seen from many currency pros, that that IMF… will put a major hold on RV, your thoughts?]  MY THOUGHTS ARE THAT IT IS GREAT NEWS AND IS ALL ABOUT THE BEST FINANCIAL POSITION FOR IRAQ AND THE DEVELOPMENT THEY ARE RACING FORWARD TO ACHIEVE.  [so your saying it has no effect on an RV?]  NOT A HOLD UP -- SOMETHING WAITED FOR FOR THE REFORMS AND ALSO FOR THE LOWEST DEBT -- AS FAR AS GLOBAL DEBTS -- THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE GLOBAL INVESTMENT.  MY OPINION IS THAT THIS IS GREAT NEWS AND NOT A MOVE TAKEN LIGHTLY.  I THINK IT WILL IMPACT THE MONETARY POLICY ETC --- CURRENCY MARKET FOR IRAQ -- JUST NOT IN THE WAY SOME ARE SAYING.

• Upvote 2

Several Bills did require a third reading and other did not. Don't ask me why. Other Bills were returned back to the House after readings & posted in Gazette only to be sent back to the House to be redone or amended. The Budget Bill is a good example. It has been published twice & amended twice with only portions of it activated.

Iraq Business News under Banking & Investments windows is a good source of info.

TNT Tony was partially right when he stated we have the 2015 Budget because part of it was activated & the rest is still to be amended.

Not defending TNT...just saying...this is a ongoing process.

• Upvote 1

Several Bills did require a third reading and other did not. Don't ask me why. Other Bills were returned back to the House after readings & posted in Gazette only to be sent back to the House to be redone or amended. The Budget Bill is a good example. It has been published twice & amended twice with only portions of it activated.

Iraq Business News under Banking & Investments windows is a good source of info.

TNT Tony was partially right when he stated we have the 2015 Budget because part of it was activated & the rest is still to be amended.

Not defending TNT...just saying...this is a ongoing process.

I can live with the revision(s) scenario and believe that law partiality passing is indeed prevalent in any government. As for Tony, I was posting here in real time (Via Streaming Feed) about which articles were read and passed. Yes we knew that not all were read. Some are still being revised yet today.

Edited by djgabrielie1

It has always been my understanding that only two readings of a future law are required before it is posted in the Gazette not three. 

When did this "Third Reading" come about Luigi?

Good comment. May I also add that portions of the budget were passed to pacify the Kurds & to keep GOI emergency funded.

I believe they will pass the Budget next time in it's entire.

Some Bills pass with the majority in agreement thus two readings. Other Bills may take three reading & sent back if there is too much divide.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 1

Its two readings and a vote.  It is read as they vote so sometimes its referred to as the third reading. The vote can not be on the day of the second reading.  The investment law was read a second time and everyone appears to be in agreement and they say it will be on the agenda soon for a third reading/vote.  We hope its next Tuesday but they have not told us it will be on the agenda then, just soon.

Parts of the Bills were passed to pay the Kurds. Some had three readings. The Tariff Bill if I recall took three readings. Iraq has a history of passing portions of a Bill.

Iraq Business News Achieves has many articles on this.

Its two readings and a vote.  It is read as they vote so sometimes its referred to as the third reading. The vote can not be on the day of the second reading.  The investment law was read a second time and everyone appears to be in agreement and they say it will be on the agenda soon for a third reading/vote.  We hope its next Tuesday but they have not told us it will be on the agenda then, just soon.

Exactly. They do one final third reading then they vote then then send it to Gazette if all are in agreement.

• Upvote 1