Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Black suspect dies after Baltimore cops break his spine in ‘brutal’ police beating

umbertino

It seems to me, that there is a whole lot of forgiveness that needs to be dished out and then everyone should move on and sin no more...  Anyone holding on to the past and reliving it, over and over and over again, is doing themselves a disservice.  That's not what the Lord wants from us (For the Christians among us.)

thanks Markinsa.  i agree with you my friend.  i wholeheartedly believe Christ has prevented an american bloodbath.  black people are some of the most forgiving people on the planet after considering the systematic terrorisms perpetrated against us.  this could only be done because of Christ's commandment to love those who abuse you especially if you want to go to heaven.  cast your eyes over in iraq where minorities are undergoing terrorisms while following a different religion and the result is not so pacified.  you have a sectarian bloodbath full of kidnappings and killings; retaliation instead of forgiveness.  that would be america if not for Christ.  

please note along with forgiveness there should also be atoning.  since we are talking what the Lord requires of us, when has america atoned for the systematic terrorism perpetrated against black people?  "If your brother has an ought against you, leave your gift at the altar, be reconciled to your brother, then come offer to God."  does america observe a national day of atoning for its grievous sins against its citizens?  or have we continued on playing the righteous as if an offense never happened and fully expect God to contradict his Word and continue right on blessing us?

....still waiting on that black wall street response btw

Edited by TrinityeXchange

WOW! Well, I have been sitting on the sidelines since this thread has started, I guess it is time to say something. First, Bohica and Dog, Thank You for supporting the 'Thin Blue Line'. I know others have as well, but you two have stood out the most, Thanks. Texstorm, thanks for being a brother in blue, and I agree 100% with your post. I have close to 30 years in corrections and law enfrocement. Six years was spent in corrections, all I will say about it is that I delt with the baddest of the bad. The last 22 have been in law enforcement on the streets. I have seen the worst that society has to offer. On one occassion, I had a small child die in my arms as a result of a drunk driver that had fled the scene. He showed no remorse when we caught him a little later. I had a lot of emotion built up making that arrest, but I maintained my professionalism and did my job the way I was and am expected to, as a professional. It is not my job to pass judgement. That is the job of a court and a jury of peers. Trinity, I am sorry if you have been treated wrongly before, but do not put all law enforcement in the same category. In every job and profession on this planet, there is going to be good and bad, and in my profession, I hope that bad get weeded out and are dealt with accordingingly. I do not care if you are white, black, red, green, purple or whatever, If you have violated the trust and laws of the established community, it is my job to take you before the court. I will use the amount of force necessary to do my job that I have been entrusted to do. I believe the vast majority of officers will agree. Do some carry it too far, yes they do, but the majority do not. You will hardly ever see the good that is done, only the bad. That is what our society wants now. The 'If it bleeds, it leads', has become the mainstay of all media outlets.

I would like to share a little anology here with everyone before I go. What everyone needs to remember is that there are sheep, wolves and sheepdogs. I suggest that if you are not familiar with the sheep, wolves and sheepdog concept, then go read the page and see where you fit in. I have included a link at the bottom to LTC. Dave Grossman's site, where you need to go. He is a retired West Pointer and such. You can read is lengthy bio on his page. The majority of people will be either a sheep or a wolf. Only a few have what it takes to be the sheepdog. If you read it with an open mind, you can apply and see a lot of what is going on in todays world to it. The wolves are getting bolder, and the sheep want the sheepdogs to be more like the sheep.

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Mark, I just saw your post, I couldn't agree more.

8th thanks for your insights.  i will check out the link.  i also appreciate all of your years of service.  i do have a question for you.  looking past the good-cop-bad-cop analogy, please offer your experience/insights about the system itself.  where am i wrong (or right) in my postulate that there is inherent evil in the system which needs to be rooted out.  i am under the impression that when you put a good person in a corrupt system, their good nature is pressured to entertain corruption.  

thoughts?

• Upvote 1

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/20/upshot/missing-black-men.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20150421&_r=3&abt=0002&abg=1

1.5 Million Missing Black Men

By JUSTIN WOLFERS, DAVID LEONHARDT and KEVIN QUEALY

APRIL 20, 2015

In New York, almost 120,000 black men between the ages of 25 and 54 are missing from everyday life. In Chicago, 45,000 are, and more than 30,000 are missing in Philadelphia. Across the South — from North Charleston, S.C., through Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi and up into Ferguson, Mo. — hundreds of thousands more are missing.

They are missing, largely because of early deaths or because they are behind bars. Remarkably, black women who are 25 to 54 and not in jail outnumber black men in that category by 1.5 million, according to an Upshot analysis. For every 100 black women in this age group living outside of jail, there are only 83 black men. Among whites, the equivalent number is 99, nearly parity.

African-American men have long been more likely to be locked up and more likely to die young, but the scale of the combined toll is nonetheless jarring. It is a measure of the deep disparities that continue to afflict black men — disparities being debated after a recent spate of killings by the police — and the gender gap is itself a further cause of social ills, leaving many communities without enough men to be fathers and husbands.

Perhaps the starkest description of the situation is this: More than one out of every six black men who today should be between 25 and 54 years old have disappeared from daily life.

“The numbers are staggering,” said Becky Pettit, a professor of sociology at the University of Texas.

And what is the city with at least 10,000 black residents that has the single largest proportion of missing black men? Ferguson, Mo., where a fatal police shooting last year led to nationwide protests and a Justice Department investigation that found widespread discrimination against black residents. Ferguson has 60 men for every 100 black women in the age group, Stephen Bronars, an economist, has noted.

The rest is in the link above..

• Upvote 1

I am so tired of hearing how more blacks in Ferguson are arrested than whites.  There are more black people in Ferguson than whites.  Unless you bus in more white people of course there will be more black people arrested than whites.  Additionally if you would only be open to reality, more black people are getting arrested because more black people are breaking the law.  That is not a racists statement, it is a factual one.  Look at the areas that are more crime ridden and what do you find but that they are in locations more associated with minority areas.  That does not say whites do not break the law.  It is simply saying maybe more blacks get arrested because they tend to occupy areas more prone to crime.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Black wall street. Very interesting and sad story.

Greenwood, OK? An accusation of sexual assault by a young

white woman, and that is all it took to start a mess. From what I know,

the area was very modern, good opportunities created and the area

propspered, until of course the accusation came forward, and the

assaults started. I don't think the place has ever been the same.

Excellent point in history Trinity, and so very sad. it would appear as

a calculated assault, likely from a envious group of people who thought

it somehow wrong that the blacks were doing so well. Reminds me of

other events, those around the world that understand what oppression is

under the hand of those who would try and keep the spirit broken in a people.

A very sad part of history, and funny so few have heard about it. It would seem

to be a pattern, and so much of the problem is greed and oppression. There is

a long list of people who understand oppression, indians, etc., and it started often

because someone wanted to take what was not theirs.

Since I was a young boy, I have never understood what is called racism. i always

tried to treat others as no different than myself. My parents never instilled in me

that one person was better than the other, and I was never around that kind of

environment, other than of course friends who would make comments, but I do not

recall I ever joined in with them, as I always felt compassion for people more than I

tried to find fault.

I wish as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that labels would die off, and we could simply

see life as it is without someone trying to slant our perceptions against anyone. Thanks Trinity

I do appreciate your thoughts and experiences, and no one but you can honestly know how

tormenting a situation can be such as what you have described.

I still hope for the day when we stop the fighting and assaults on one another, but it is promoted

often by too many for the sake of some twisted form of 'dominion', which is just another word

for control over others.

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

ummmm....i think you made your point loud, clear and definitive already.  we really really got what you were saying.

I want you to live his life and then tell me how you remain all so peaceful and calm year after year without seeing every black or latino as a potential death threat.  Live his life. - bohica

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

thanks Markinsa.  i agree with you my friend.  i wholeheartedly believe Christ has prevented an american bloodbath.  black people are some of the most forgiving people on the planet after considering the systematic terrorisms perpetrated against us.  this could only be done because of Christ's commandment to love those who abuse you especially if you want to go to heaven.  cast your eyes over in iraq where minorities are undergoing terrorisms while following a different religion and the result is not so pacified.  you have a sectarian bloodbath full of kidnappings and killings; retaliation instead of forgiveness.  that would be america if not for Christ.  

please note along with forgiveness there should also be atoning.  since we are talking what the Lord requires of us, when has america atoned for the systematic terrorism perpetrated against black people?  "If your brother has an ought against you, leave your gift at the altar, be reconciled to your brother, then come offer to God."  does america observe a national day of atoning for its grievous sins against its citizens?  or have we continued on playing the righteous as if an offense never happened and fully expect God to contradict his Word and continue right on blessing us?

....still waiting on that black wall street response btw

Remember you are dealing with Spirits and Principalities, when evil is present, you're not going to get any atonement from them.  From those who are Spirit Filled, you have their love.  You also have Jesus's sacrifice, which was the atonement for all sin, past, present and future, that should be sufficient.  

I am not saying atonement isn't due from the perpetrators of crimes against the Black American community, I just don't think you're going to get it, and you shouldn't expect it from the innocent.

• Upvote 1

8th thanks for your insights.  i will check out the link.  i also appreciate all of your years of service.  i do have a question for you.  looking past the good-cop-bad-cop analogy, please offer your experience/insights about the system itself.  where am i wrong (or right) in my postulate that there is inherent evil in the system which needs to be rooted out.  i am under the impression that when you put a good person in a corrupt system, their good nature is pressured to entertain corruption.  

thoughts?

Trinity, there is evil all around in everything. It will be on this planet till the day the Good Lord comes back and takes care of it. Now, if you were to say is there corruption in the system, then I would say yes, there is to a small degree. But then again, there will be corruption in every profession when there is someone that has a different agenda other than the right one. As far as your impression, "that when you put a good person in a corrupt system, their good nature is pressured to entertain corruption.", I would disagree to a certain degree. A good honest person may take offense to that, and I know I probably would if you just came up to me and said something like that. I believe if a person has a good value and belief system established, then I would say no, its not going to corrupt him. He will do what is right. You have to apply your quote to all professions. Does a hard working honest banker skim off the top of the daily till because it is there? No, he doesn't if he is honest and good. But, if he falls to evil and greed sets in, then he might just do it one time. That one time will lead to another and then another because it will get easier for him to do. So now you could say that the system is corrupt because the banker will steal your money when you take it in bank. You can apply that to all professions. Like I said, there are a whole lot of good people out there and then there are some bad ones. You always hear about the bad and hardly ever about the good.

• Upvote 5

i am enjoying the dialogue.  

The wolves are getting bolder, and the sheep want the sheepdogs to be more like the sheep.

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

8th i read the piece and thought it quite interesting.  although i disagree with the author on many points, still i enjoyed the write up.  thank you for sharing.  just in case you are interested in MY viewpoint (for whatever 2cents it is worth) my issue is "what happens when the wolves are managing the sheepdogs?"  who protects against the drug trafficking program of the CIA?  when all 47 stories of building 7 collapsed at near free fall speed in its own footprint never being hit by a plan and some 8 hours after the trade tower collapse, who protects from that sort of mysterious evil?  who protects from an orchestrated systematic destruction of the people's financial system?  who protects from global power grabs and systematic wars perpetrated against peoples who have done no harm?  

this is my issue with some of the thinking of the author.  our scope is too small.  we are looking and standing too close up on the map and missing the bigger picture.  it is time to stamp out evil in the system.  the real wolves are not the ones robbing the corner store for $130.  it is the ones who will not account for 9 Trillion missing from the reserve bank.  can you protect us from these wolves??  without all of your guns and efforts, i think not my friend.  only Jesus and His kingdom will.

I still hope for the day when we stop the fighting and assaults on one another, but it is promoted

often by too many for the sake of some twisted form of 'dominion', which is just another word

for control over others.

thank you for reading and offering feedback Jim1cor13.  

Remember you are dealing with Spirits and Principalities, when evil is present, you're not going to get any atonement from them.  From those who are Spirit Filled, you have their love.  You also have Jesus's sacrifice, which was the atonement for all sin, past, present and future, that should be sufficient.  

I am not saying atonement isn't due from the perpetrators of crimes against the Black American community, I just don't think you're going to get it, and you shouldn't expect it from the innocent.

i believe you are right Markinsa.  personally, my hope is 100% in Christ and his Kingdom.  i would be a miserable person if not for Him in my life.  my posting though was to help people understand why it is difficult for people to act as if the past never happened and just move on.  it is because there has been no atoning, but just more of the same oppressions appearing in different form.  

even in the christian community it is hard for people to let go of the evil done to them.  i speak often to older christian men who grew up in the south and man oh man do they battle with forgetting.  they have forgiven but the forgetting will never happen.  some of them participated in the marches and were frontline of the hatred and attacks from a racist america.  

there is just so much healing that needs to happen for the entire country, but quite honestly it is not economically feasible to do so - quite frankly.  in this economic environment, there must always be the poor and oppressed to serve the purpose of and fund the rich.  there must be a continual transference of wealth.  but that conversation is for another thread.

• Upvote 1

Trinity, there is evil all around in everything. It will be on this planet till the day the Good Lord comes back and takes care of it. Now, if you were to say is there corruption in the system, then I would say yes, there is to a small degree. But then again, there will be corruption in every profession when there is someone that has a different agenda other than the right one. As far as your impression, "that when you put a good person in a corrupt system, their good nature is pressured to entertain corruption.", I would disagree to a certain degree. A good honest person may take offense to that, and I know I probably would if you just came up to me and said something like that. I believe if a person has a good value and belief system established, then I would say no, its not going to corrupt him. He will do what is right. You have to apply your quote to all professions. Does a hard working honest banker skim off the top of the daily till because it is there? No, he doesn't if he is honest and good. But, if he falls to evil and greed sets in, then he might just do it one time. That one time will lead to another and then another because it will get easier for him to do. So now you could say that the system is corrupt because the banker will steal your money when you take it in bank. You can apply that to all professions. Like I said, there are a whole lot of good people out there and then there are some bad ones. You always hear about the bad and hardly ever about the good.

+1 8th.  thanks for your insight.  i really appreciate it.  in my view a good intended person will come under pressure or be tempted greatly when under corrupt leadership.  they may never give in but the temptation will be strong.  for instance, the legal system and the insurance industries combined have created a situation of loose accountability for police officers operating in america making it near impossible to convict an officer of wrongdoing.  i surmise that the system itself encourages behavior that otherwise would not be if under stricter regulations, scrutiny and penalties.  

however i do respect your opinion and am appreciative of you sharing.

• Upvote 1

Some very to the point questions here Trinity:

who protects against the drug trafficking program of the CIA?  

when all 47 stories of building 7 collapsed at near free fall speed

in its own footprint never being hit by a plan and some 8 hours

after the trade tower collapse, who protects from that sort of

mysterious evil?  who protects from an orchestrated systematic

destruction of the people's financial system?  who protects from

global power grabs and systematic wars perpetrated against peoples

who have done no harm?

Those questions have been swept under the rug for years, because

in my opinion, it is not just WHO protects but WHAT. The WHAT is denial,

to this day, because denial is the only thing that some can offer due to

having to deal with facts that would reveal their own beliefs are based

upon what they were told, not what actually happened. Many are unable

to reconcile the facts with their beliefs and it is always easier to deny than

to seek the answer to your questions.

CIA drug running? Indeed, why not add CIA involvement in much of our

challenges today, including divisive tactics used inside our own country,

let alone their involvement in outright terrorism around the globe that 

so few admit to. Tower 7, financial system collapse, endless wars against

purposefully created entities?

Indeed, sad to day, each one of those areas have been protected by denial,

by the very 'news' agencies that people actually still trust, and by our own

government. Anyone dare suggest the factual details have never added up,

they are dismissed as some kind of jerk. I researched many of these events,

and had to learn for myself what the facts are. Not a pretty sight, and I am to this

day amazed that we still give a pass to those who lied, covered up details, and

have damaged so many lives by their actions.

We were sold a bill of goods a long time ago, and this country was hijacked after

the murder of JFK, a truth many have missed. He warned us, we chose to ignore it,

but not everyone. Our enemy is NOT what most people think...our enemy has been

sitting in washington for the last 55+ years, while the american people have been

misdirected by nonsense, unjust wars, false flag incidents, and demonizing other

countries, while the washington crowd obfuscated their actions. 

It is still going on, worse than ever, and sadly we have learned little because the truth

is too painful to be addressed properly. Great questions Trinity, some that may never be

answered other than with a shrug unfortunately.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I find it interesting how some of the more self righteous in this discussion seem to actually believe that you can face people day in and day out without having it affect your outlook.  If you say that a cop who starts seeing all blacks or latinos as a threat is racism then how about the GI who came back from Japan or, more recently, Vietnam and saw most if not all Asians as a threat.  How about those who came from the Eurpoean theater and saw all Germans as a threat?  Same thing applies.  If you do not believe so then I would advise you to get out into the domestic war zone we call the cities.  You will begin to understand the police a lot better.

• Upvote 2

Is it just me or are there others here who are beginning to suspect that those who are speaking the loudest against the police have no idea what a cop's life is really like?

Hi Bohica... Unfortunately there are way too many indoctrinated kumbaya ("Can't we all just get along") types that disingenuously feed the narrative... and feed it well beyond just the police "participation" aspect... it's infiltrated the general public and hence, politicized as false narrative.  The race-baiting and labeling by the media and politicians in all facets of our society has simply convoluted rational thoughts and actions.  It has to be called out.  It's common sense and intellectually honest to confront crime as evil... any crime.  The scales of justice wears a blindfold.

As I stated before... remove the labeling and attention to race in reporting.  Stop feeding the divide.  Simply call a crime a crime... but also adhere to "colorblind" justice.  Is there really a distinguishment between a "hate-crime" and a "regular" crime???   

This entire thread has become simply convoluted...  simplify the discussion.   Stay color-blind, and see the situation for what it is... including crime, or potential crime.  Remember, innocent until proven guilty...

Personal intellectual honesty feeds personal emotional honesty.   That's the kumbaya I believe in...

• Upvote 2

i am enjoying the dialogue.  

8th i read the piece and thought it quite interesting.  although i disagree with the author on many points, still i enjoyed the write up.  thank you for sharing.  just in case you are interested in MY viewpoint (for whatever 2cents it is worth) my issue is "what happens when the wolves are managing the sheepdogs?"  who protects against the drug trafficking program of the CIA?  when all 47 stories of building 7 collapsed at near free fall speed in its own footprint never being hit by a plan and some 8 hours after the trade tower collapse, who protects from that sort of mysterious evil?  who protects from an orchestrated systematic destruction of the people's financial system?  who protects from global power grabs and systematic wars perpetrated against peoples who have done no harm?  

this is my issue with some of the thinking of the author.  our scope is too small.  we are looking and standing too close up on the map and missing the bigger picture.  it is time to stamp out evil in the system.  the real wolves are not the ones robbing the corner store for $130.  it is the ones who will not account for 9 Trillion missing from the reserve bank.  can you protect us from these wolves??  without all of your guns and efforts, i think not my friend.  only Jesus and His kingdom will.

thank you for reading and offering feedback Jim1cor13.  

i believe you are right Markinsa.  personally, my hope is 100% in Christ and his Kingdom.  i would be a miserable person if not for Him in my life.  my posting though was to help people understand why it is difficult for people to act as if the past never happened and just move on.  it is because there has been no atoning, but just more of the same oppressions appearing in different form.  

even in the christian community it is hard for people to let go of the evil done to them.  i speak often to older christian men who grew up in the south and man oh man do they battle with forgetting.  they have forgiven but the forgetting will never happen.  some of them participated in the marches and were frontline of the hatred and attacks from a racist america.  

there is just so much healing that needs to happen for the entire country, but quite honestly it is not economically feasible to do so - quite frankly.  in this economic environment, there must always be the poor and oppressed to serve the purpose of and fund the rich.  there must be a continual transference of wealth.  but that conversation is for another thread.

Its nice to stand beat your chest and rally against the greater evil.

One that realistically you cant do anything about. 

But you say the thugs robbing the 7/11 down the street for $130 is not the real wolves.

I say BS

A man walks up to you and says give me your wallet.

You say no .

So he shoots you.

a young man walks up to you and caves in your face to see if he can knock you out in one punch.

Its just a game right?  Their not wolves right?

Their just people who were wronged all those years ago

and they deserve to act in this manner

We dont need cops to take care of this kind of behavior.

It should just be allowed . The cops should focus on the GREATER evil that exists.

and just let the sheep be devoured right.

The post that mentions all the young black men disappearing in the big inner citys

Its not the cops. Its blacks killing black.

Come on lets be real. If there were no cops in Chicago there would be no business`s 

There would be no neighborhoods . There would only be war in the streets.

Yeah your people got shat on 200 years ago.

MY people got shat on 200 years ago.

With that being said the difference between us is.

I realize that they owe me nothing.

I realize that we are individuals who make choices.

and that we are held accountable by those choices.

We are individually responsible for those choices. 

Im tired of hearing how irresponsible choices are somehow justified

by wrong doings that occurred 200 years ago. 

That my dear is a lame a$$ excuse thats been totaly over used now for years.

enough is enough.

You break the law you go to jail.

black , white , red, yellow , brown , dont matter you go to jail.

• Upvote 2

You break the law you go to jail.

black , white , red, yellow , brown , dont matter you go to jail.

too funny.  after 5 pages of discussion advancing past that topic, you come right back to it.  only one comment on black wall street.  and no comments on this video.  everybody arguing the obvious.  nobody here said there weren't good-and-bad-cops.  nobody even brought up slavery or taking accountability.  

what some of us want to know is how people "in custody" end up dead?  how the subdued end up in emergency?  but nope, just keep ignoring that and let's get back to "break the law and go to jail."  so this topic was dead before it even got started because no one has the courage to address the issue.  OP posted information where a man had his spinal cord severed who was "in custody".  they had him, he was compliant, subdued.  between the police wagon and the station, he died.  

"break the law, you die!"  

is that really what you meant to say dog53?  violators must die.  because that is what i have gotten out of this thread.  

too funny.  after 5 pages of discussion advancing past that topic, you come right back to it.  only one comment on black wall street.  and no comments on this video.  everybody arguing the obvious.  nobody here said there weren't good-and-bad-cops.  nobody even brought up slavery or taking accountability.  

what some of us want to know is how people "in custody" end up dead?  how the subdued end up in emergency?  but nope, just keep ignoring that and let's get back to "break the law and go to jail."  so this topic was dead before it even got started because no one has the courage to address the issue.  OP posted information where a man had his spinal cord severed who was "in custody".  they had him, he was compliant, subdued.  between the police wagon and the station, he died.  

"break the law, you die!"  

is that really what you meant to say dog53?  violators must die.  because that is what i have gotten out of this thread.  

If thats all you have gotton out of this thread there`s no use for further discussion.

You will play the victim card the poor me im black card and thats how you will live your life.

Thats cool 

Oh and as for   "break the law, you die"

No trinity what I said was 

Try to take a policemans gun and you will possibly die. Yes thats a fact.

Now back to reality . This young man who died while in custody. Yes I agree

​They need to find out how and why. and if theres foul play then those responsible need to face the full extent of the law.

So whats your point?

Yeah a lot of usless laws have been added since 1790.

OK

Im sure anyone of us is breaking one of those laws as I type.

OK

BUT if you break laws that directly puts you in contact with the PO PO

Guess what.  There`s a possibility that you will be harmed. 

This isnt hard

Why go out of your way to make it hard.

Hi Mag Its been a while  

You here to kick me in my a$$ too ?   :)

Hi Dog :)

Haha I don't want to "kick your a$$" how about a civil conversation instead?

I see a very big problem...going on right now... can't figure for the life of me how you don't see it too.

I don't see people standing up for their rights or other peoples rights as victims...not at all...in fact it takes courage!

Trinity reminds me of a young man that I've had the pleasure of getting to know through his friendship with my daughter over the past few years as he has been attending university here. He grew up in LA so he is pretty savvy on how to stay "safe". He is an extra-ordinary human being, everyone that knows him, loves him. :) He has no record but decided that he would not have a car here because this is a very...eh hm...non-diverse city. He told me he would be a moving target, same as walking but more expensive and the constant tickets would break his school budget. So he walks everywhere, even though they know him very well by now, they still "pull him over" but at least it doesn't cost him money every time. I asked him what his experience had been here, he wasn't whining or complaining, he was just matter of fact about why he had made that decision. Last fall he went to LA to participate in the protests there. He was part of what they were calling a "die in" (rather than a "sit in") they laid down in the street and blocked traffic. He said he was fully aware of the danger in doing that but it wasn't violent and he would have left at any first sign of that. That Took Courage!

What do you suggest they do...write letters? Truth is I would like to be marching right along with them and I support any peaceful resistance or protest that are going on. It is high time that this corrupt system gets put out in the light of day and we all work towards getting this turned around. This is a very real and CURRENT problem...not something to be twisted into something that happened in the past and "time to move along...nothing to see here" as some would like to say.

PS. This is the same young man I was talking about in the "Can Muslims Be Good Americans?" thread..you get my drift?

He was nominated by a few of his professors as "Senior of The Year" and just won the award! I'm so proud of him I could bust!!!