Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Black suspect dies after Baltimore cops break his spine in ‘brutal’ police beating

umbertino

Ok  lets try being a little realistic here ok.

your post is stupid. Of course there`s old and new laws that have never been taking off the books.

like "spitting on the side walk" or " its against the law to walk the streets of Chicago if your ugly" or

many states still have sodomy laws. BUT in the same state there`s same sex marriage.

I think when we say "Dont break the law" It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that we mean.

resisting arrest

assaulting a police officer. 

Fleeing and eluding

That kind of law breaking

get it    get  it   

Back in 1790, the first federal criminal law passed by Congress listed fewer than 20 federal crimes. Today there are an estimated 4,500 crimes in federal statutes, plus thousands more embedded in federal regulations, many of which have been added to the penal code since the 1970s.

As for the second part of your post, so the other laws don't count?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People in here need to realize the sensitivity of this topic.  Those of use from police families know there are bad cops but also will fight and die for the good ones.  People who have nothing good to say about the police deserve anything that happens to them because they basically spit on those willing to die to help them.  People who try to kill or harm a cop deserves what ever happens to them because of their stupidity.  We who support the police are not living with our heads in the sand.  We just know that there is just a basically 'thin blue line' between the crazy bad people of the world and us.  This is a touchy subject.  Just like those who want to say that the holocaust never happened.  My uncle was in the liberating troops that went into the camps.  When you hit close to home expect a fight.  We know there are bad cops.  There are bad people everywhere so big deal.  The thing is that there are probably more good cops than bad.  If you do not like a cop, call a druggy next time you get robbed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

People in here need to realize the sensitivity of this topic.  Those of use from police families know there are bad cops but also will fight and die for the good ones.  People who have nothing good to say about the police deserve anything that happens to them because they basically spit on those willing to die to help them.  People who try to kill or harm a cop deserves what ever happens to them because of their stupidity.  We who support the police are not living with our heads in the sand.  We just know that there is just a basically 'thin blue line' between the crazy bad people of the world and us.  This is a touchy subject.  Just like those who want to say that the holocaust never happened.  My uncle was in the liberating troops that went into the camps.  When you hit close to home expect a fight.  We know there are bad cops.  There are bad people everywhere so big deal.  The thing is that there are probably more good cops than bad.  If you do not like a cop, call a druggy next time you get robbed.

:bravo:

As for the second part of your post, so the other laws don't count?

So whats your point?

Yeah a lot of usless laws have been added since 1790.

OK

Im sure anyone of us is breaking one of those laws as I type.

OK

BUT if you break laws that directly puts you in contact with the PO PO

Guess what.  There`s a possibility that you will be harmed. 

This isnt hard

Why go out of your way to make it hard.

Hi Mag Its been a while  

You here to kick me in my a$$ too ?   :)

• Upvote 1

The whole system is corrupted...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/fbi-overstated-forensic-hair-matches-in-nearly-all-criminal-trials-for-decades/2015/04/18/39c8d8c6-e515-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html

FBI admits flaws in hair analysis over decades

y Spencer S. Hsu April 18 
The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000.

Of 28 examiners with the FBI Laboratory’s microscopic hair comparison unit, 26 overstated forensic matches in ways that favored prosecutors in more than 95 percent of the 268 trials reviewed so far, according to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and the Innocence Project, which are assisting the government with the country’s largest post-conviction review of questioned forensic evidence.

The cases include those of 32 defendants sentenced to death. Of those, 14 have been executed or died in prison, the groups said under an agreement with the government to release results after the review of the first 200 convictions.

The FBI errors alone do not mean there was not other evidence of a convict’s guilt. Defendants and federal and state prosecutors in 46 states and the District are being notified to determine whether there are grounds for appeals. Four defendants were previously exonerated.

The admissions mark a watershed in one of the country’s largest forensic scandals, highlighting the failure of the nation’s courts for decades to keep bogus scientific information from juries, legal analysts said. The question now, they said, is how state authorities and the courts will respond to findings that confirm long-suspected problems with subjective, pattern-based forensic techniques — like hair and bite-mark comparisons — that have contributed to wrongful convictions in more than one-quarter of 329 DNA-exoneration cases since 1989.

The rest is in the link above...
  • Upvote 2

i presume nothing, george.  i took directly from what you wrote and i quote:

"Imagine if everyone chose not to break the law for one day... there would be no one for the police to beat down, slap around or intimidate...why, they'd have to start arresting each other while the rest of the citizenry lived happily everafter." - George Hayduke

according to my experience what you wrote is dead wrong because i have lived in the inner city and grew up black in america and know first hand that "not breaking the law for one day" is NOT equal to "not being beat down, slapped around or intimidated".  

• i have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my friends have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my coworkers have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my father have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my brother have been slapped down and intimidated

this is our reality.  my previous employer was forced to launch a campaign engaging the local police force of Howell Michigan to evolve in their views and thinking of diversity.  the black employees who worked the factory were receiving citations at unprecedented levels so much so that they began looking for other employment.  the company had to move fast to address the issue through educating the police against racially motivated policing.  it was so blatant and ridiculous that the company could not turn a blind eye.  the job was LESS than an eighth of a mile from the highway but every black worker leaving the job was doing it wrong and paying hundreds in fines so much so that people couldn't afford to work there anymore.  

and so yes, you are incapable of understanding issues that challenge our society when i read your responses.  we can't discuss solutions because you don't recognize an issue requiring resolution.  i am not attacking you personally.  i am simply stating that until you admit there is injustice initiated, and without cause, from the authorities against the people, we can't even begin to discuss how to solve it.

be blessed.

Grazie Trinity....A brotherly hug  from across the Ocean.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it is simply amazing how people will write around the subject of systemic evil while introducing a talking point like "good cop bad cop".  i introduce to you a topic far beyond the miniscule and ambiguous good cop bad cop discussion, but no one offers any sound rebuttal to my presentation.  fact is there is systemic exploitation of minority groups extant within the system.  there is hard evidence of this:

1. see bandit's post above concerning recent FBI acknowledgement of corruption (you can also hear it on NPR if you really care...it aired on Monday)
  2. read up on the Innocence Project which has helped liberate a ton of black men serving prison time for crimes never committed.  "The wrongfully convicted are disproportionately African-Americans, also sort of poor rural whites, but I would say the biggest category by far are African-Americans,"
  3. how can anyone refute the Fair Sentencing Act.

my list could run as long as this page, but why do it.  at this point lines have already been drawn as evidenced by the responses.  not many care about truth, it is about defending ones ideal.  i post a video where a man is brutally beaten while being held in a jail cell, transported to the emergency room for treatment and held on bail for bleeding on the cops uniforms during the torture event (property damage) all because he was sitting in his car on the side of the road at 1am to wait out a rainstorm, and not one comment whatsoever from this group.  that was not good-cop-bad-cop because he was beaten at the police station....that is systematic which prevents cops who want to defend the innocent from courageously stepping forward due to systematic consequences.  

no one discusses the CIA's funding of the Nicaraguan Democratic Force in efforts to overthrow Nicaragua's Sandinista government by pushing the sale of crack cocain into the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles; which purportedly was a main catalyst of the crack explosion in minority communities.  or how the BPP (black panther party), which was made up of black citizens exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protect the neighborhood from drug traffickers, was systematically destroyed by the FBI for disrupting the drug flow.    

or how about the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment perpetrated against black males by the United States Public Health Service where black men, under the guise of free health care, were unwittingly being used in a secret 40 year syphilis experiment.

nope.  let's steer the subject matter to good-cop-bad-cop because it is a subject matter ambiguous enough to render a pointless debate.  so yeah i get it.  as long as it is not you and yours being exploited, the unanimous response is, "quick crying and do right."  but i can promise you this, the winds of time always shift and i pray to God some of you never have to know what i know as fact and live with what i have had to live with growing up inner city, but when those winds shift and all things get inverted, i promise you i will not respond as some of you.  i will stand with you in truth and not turn a blind eye to injustice.

be blessed my friends.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Your sharp and calm  ( not shouted, just told with the tranquillity of who knows what he states is true...also due to his own life experience ) analysis  of this very difficult ( in the least) to discuss  issue (for lots of reasons)  is remarkable ...Once again Grazie.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Trinity: "i will stand with you in truth and not turn a blind eye to injustice"

I stand beside you right now Trinity...please know there are many people who see the truth (a flawed system) and want to change the system to a more just one. Thank you for trying to raise awareness where there seems to be little desire to see what is/has been going on. That took courage and I admire you for that very much.

Be Blessed Trinity

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

i presume nothing, george.  i took directly from what you wrote and i quote:

"Imagine if everyone chose not to break the law for one day... there would be no one for the police to beat down, slap around or intimidate...why, they'd have to start arresting each other while the rest of the citizenry lived happily everafter." - George Hayduke

according to my experience what you wrote is dead wrong because i have lived in the inner city and grew up black in america and know first hand that "not breaking the law for one day" is NOT equal to "not being beat down, slapped around or intimidated".  

• i have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my friends have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my coworkers have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my father have been slapped down and intimidated
  • my brother have been slapped down and intimidated

this is our reality.  my previous employer was forced to launch a campaign engaging the local police force of Howell Michigan to evolve in their views and thinking of diversity.  the black employees who worked the factory were receiving citations at unprecedented levels so much so that they began looking for other employment.  the company had to move fast to address the issue through educating the police against racially motivated policing.  it was so blatant and ridiculous that the company could not turn a blind eye.  the job was LESS than an eighth of a mile from the highway but every black worker leaving the job was doing it wrong and paying hundreds in fines so much so that people couldn't afford to work there anymore.  

and so yes, you are incapable of understanding issues that challenge our society when i read your responses.  we can't discuss solutions because you don't recognize an issue requiring resolution.  i am not attacking you personally.  i am simply stating that until you admit there is injustice initiated, and without cause, from the authorities against the people, we can't even begin to discuss how to solve it.

be blessed.

Oh... now I get it... it's a black thing, I thought we were talking about justice for all and, that my criticism of your post was not so much the topic but that your sensational delivery excludes anyone who doesn't see the issue of injustice through a black prism.

I sorry I so dumb... I jez go shuffle on my white hillbilly way now... I truly hopes you getz the world you want, cuz when you be happy, me an my kin be happy too.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Oh... now I get it... it's a black thing, I thought we were talking about justice for all and, that my criticism of your post was not so much the topic but that your sensational delivery excludes anyone who doesn't see the issue of injustice through a black prism.

I sorry I so dumb... I jez go shuffle on my white hillbilly way now... I truly hopes you getz the world you want, cuz when you be happy, me an my kin be happy too.  

Ha!  funny george hayduke.  out of everything you posted, the only thing of any relevance and able to be discussed was

And I have yet to read you defend it.  All of this other grandstanding and distraction doesn't dissuade people of dialogue and truth.  Sorry but I refuse to stoop to those levels.  Hopefully one day you will have something of more value and intellect to add that we can learn from.  One day..... 

• Upvote 1

Righteous people everywhere and good people everywhere all with good intentions but your attitudes would change if you ever were on the streets with some of these people who commit crimes. It's a never ending cycle of stupid people that do stupid things and who are unable to use common sense because they don't possess it. When I was a young man I thought a lot different of the world being brought up in a loving trusting Christian atmosphere. After being in law enforcement my views were changed forever, although one on one i'll give anybody the same respect that I wish for, but when it comes down to what I've seen you would not want to invite a lot of these people into your home. The only real peace a person can find anymore is within themselves,  the world is f-cking crazy. Thanks 

• Upvote 1

Ha!  funny george hayduke.  out of everything you posted, the only thing of any relevance and able to be discussed was

And I have yet to read you defend it.  All of this other grandstanding and distraction doesn't dissuade people of dialogue and truth.  Sorry but I refuse to stoop to those levels.  Hopefully one day you will have something of more value and intellect to add that we can learn from.  One day..... 

Heres the day...

• Upvote 2

To those who believe the cops are so mean I give you a challenge IF you have the nerve to take it.  Put on the badge and uniform.  You think the cops are so mean to blacks and latino, put on the badge.  Let us see how you remain calm and peaceful as you have your life threatened on a daily basis.  You will find how so many of the blacks and latinos hate the cops.  Before you put it all on the cop for having created an atmosphere of hate, live the life of the cop.  Take HIS abuse from THEM.  Take HIS abuse from those he wants to help.  Try his shoes on.  Personally I don't think you would last two shifts.  Live HIS life on the streets at night wondering who is going to shot you like an animal and then leave you until who knows who might find your body.  Listen to the minorities tell you how YOU are the reason for all the ills when you have done nothing but try and help.  I want you to live his life and then tell me how you remain all so peaceful and calm year after year without seeing every black or latino as a potential death threat.  Live his life.  I dare you but most people like I hear in here putting the police down as so evil do not have what it takes to live his life.  Most people who like to condemn the police are nothing more than cowards and armchair heroes who have never faced more than a papercut.  Live his or her life and then tell me just how peaceful and calm you remain.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I want you to live his life and then tell me how you remain all so peaceful and calm year after year without seeing every black or latino as a potential death threat.  Live his life. 

....and there you have it, what others might feel but did not have the courage to write.  and with that i rest my case.  Lord help us all.

• Upvote 1

To those who believe the cops are so mean I give you a challenge IF you have the nerve to take it.  Put on the badge and uniform.  You think the cops are so mean to blacks and latino, put on the badge.  Let us see how you remain calm and peaceful as you have your life threatened on a daily basis.  You will find how so many of the blacks and latinos hate the cops.  Before you put it all on the cop for having created an atmosphere of hate, live the life of the cop.  Take HIS abuse from THEM.  Take HIS abuse from those he wants to help.  Try his shoes on.  Personally I don't think you would last two shifts.  Live HIS life on the streets at night wondering who is going to shot you like an animal and then leave you until who knows who might find your body.  Listen to the minorities tell you how YOU are the reason for all the ills when you have done nothing but try and help.  I want you to live his life and then tell me how you remain all so peaceful and calm year after year without seeing every black or latino as a potential death threat.  Live his life.  I dare you but most people like I hear in here putting the police down as so evil do not have what it takes to live his life.  Most people who like to condemn the police are nothing more than cowards and armchair heroes who have never faced more than a papercut.  Live his or her life and then tell me just how peaceful and calm you remain.

No thanks......don't want a beat down for impersonating a cop.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Heres the day...

George thanks for posting.  On the topic of systemized evil, what is your take on Black Wall Street and its affect on our society today?  Surely anyone who have studied American History is fully aware of the topic, and I am thoroughly interested in your analysis of its impressions.  (and not just George but anyone willing to engage...i welcome your response on the subject matter)

Thanks.

It seems to me, that there is a whole lot of forgiveness that needs to be dished out and then everyone should move on and sin no more...  Anyone holding on to the past and reliving it, over and over and over again, is doing themselves a disservice.  That's not what the Lord wants from us (For the Christians among us.)

WOW! Well, I have been sitting on the sidelines since this thread has started, I guess it is time to say something. First, Bohica and Dog, Thank You for supporting the 'Thin Blue Line'. I know others have as well, but you two have stood out the most, Thanks. Texstorm, thanks for being a brother in blue, and I agree 100% with your post. I have close to 30 years in corrections and law enfrocement. Six years was spent in corrections, all I will say about it is that I delt with the baddest of the bad. The last 22 have been in law enforcement on the streets. I have seen the worst that society has to offer. On one occassion, I had a small child die in my arms as a result of a drunk driver that had fled the scene. He showed no remorse when we caught him a little later. I had a lot of emotion built up making that arrest, but I maintained my professionalism and did my job the way I was and am expected to, as a professional. It is not my job to pass judgement. That is the job of a court and a jury of peers. Trinity, I am sorry if you have been treated wrongly before, but do not put all law enforcement in the same category. In every job and profession on this planet, there is going to be good and bad, and in my profession, I hope that bad get weeded out and are dealt with accordingingly. I do not care if you are white, black, red, green, purple or whatever, If you have violated the trust and laws of the established community, it is my job to take you before the court. I will use the amount of force necessary to do my job that I have been entrusted to do. I believe the vast majority of officers will agree. Do some carry it too far, yes they do, but the majority do not. You will hardly ever see the good that is done, only the bad. That is what our society wants now. The 'If it bleeds, it leads', has become the mainstay of all media outlets.

I would like to share a little anology here with everyone before I go. What everyone needs to remember is that there are sheep, wolves and sheepdogs. I suggest that if you are not familiar with the sheep, wolves and sheepdog concept, then go read the page and see where you fit in. I have included a link at the bottom to LTC. Dave Grossman's site, where you need to go. He is a retired West Pointer and such. You can read is lengthy bio on his page. The majority of people will be either a sheep or a wolf. Only a few have what it takes to be the sheepdog. If you read it with an open mind, you can apply and see a lot of what is going on in todays world to it. The wolves are getting bolder, and the sheep want the sheepdogs to be more like the sheep.

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Mark, I just saw your post, I couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 4