Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm selling all my dinar, DFW.

Deamon

I have dinar that I picked up while deployed and I need to sell it. Im a little wary of the websites that offer to buy it from me, namely I dont want these places to have my SSN that some require. So it was brought out many moons ago before BIAP was confiscating it and has been in a lock box since. I can provide pics and time stamps of any and all bills if you'd like. They are mostly uncirculated but I'll let you be the judge of their condition. I know some of the smaller denoms I got as change from shops. Mostly 25K notes, I have about 3.4 mil, I'll get an exact count in a couple of hours when I can get at them. Id like to get 900 per million, I've not sold any before but I think this is a fair price. Id prefer a face to face so I know I get mine and you know you get yours. If your out of area I can ship to you but Id like to be paid first. If anyone has advice the best way to go about this or if I'm way off in my dinar selling etiquette let me know. I will only accept cash or money order, may trade for ammunition. I know everyone isnt pro 2A but its an expensive hobby. So thats it, if you have any questions let me know, thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Newbie, I would think that the best way to go about selling. or buying the dinar would be to get a trusted third party to act as a fiduciary for both parties. This way both sides can enter a mutually agreed upon place such as an attorney or bank whereby the buyer and seller can access professional help and safe evaluation of products and solutions if any problem arises such as wiring funds, etc. Not an expert here my friend but hope that this helps you get as much as possible, and keep it too.

Thanks for the input, Id be willing to meet at a bank, police station or other such public place to avoid any "unfortunate event". I have a test pen for testing USD and would hope someone buying dinar will know the security features well enough to protect themselves. Ill also provide a receipt if requested. Or if out of area I can sell the lot of it in increments to assure anyone interested they will get their dinar. I understand buying 2.7M dinar all in one go can be met with alprehension, no one wants to be out a couple thousand dollars with nothing to show for it. Im trying to sell it in this fashion as I dont trust the trusyed third parties, by that I mean the dinar vendors. Ive read some bad stories about months late payment, "lost" dinar, etc.

Why can't you just go to a place that exchanges money like an airport and get the current exchange.  Thats the way I thought it worked.  Maybe Im wrong but if we cant exchange now how will it work when the value goes up?

I called a place out at DFW, the corporate line said "market value less transaction fee". They neglected to mention their market value was $600. After revalue I believe the role will be reversed considerably, exchange services scrambling to get any dinar they can. I look at it like this, we see what the vendors charge, I see what they offer to buy from me, theres someone out there that wants dinar at a good price and I want to sell for a good price. Win/win if you ask me.

Why can't you just go to a place that exchanges money like an airport and get the current exchange.  Thats the way I thought it worked.  Maybe Im wrong but if we cant exchange now how will it work when the value goes up?

Most currency exchanges do not buy Dinar and if you find one who does expect $600 per million.

Thanks for the input, Id be willing to meet at a bank, police station or other such public place to avoid any "unfortunate event". I have a test pen for testing USD and would hope someone buying dinar will know the security features well enough to protect themselves. Ill also provide a receipt if requested. Or if out of area I can sell the lot of it in increments to assure anyone interested they will get their dinar. I understand buying 2.7M dinar all in one go can be met with alprehension, no one wants to be out a couple thousand dollars with nothing to show for it. Im trying to sell it in this fashion as I dont trust the trusyed third parties, by that I mean the dinar vendors. Ive read some bad stories about months late payment, "lost" dinar, etc.

As someone else posted as a new member to the forum and some people having been burned on here your probably not going to get any bites and the chances of finding a local party aren't nearly as good as selling to anyone and shipping. Do you have Paypal? Offer paypal as payment and buyer will feel better about transactoin. If you don't have Paypal you can use a site like escrow.com for a fee

As someone else posted as a new member to the forum and some people having been burned on here your probably not going to get any bites and the chances of finding a local party aren't nearly as good as selling to anyone and shipping. Do you have Paypal? Offer paypal as payment and buyer will feel better about transactoin. If you don't have Paypal you can use a site like escrow.com for a fee

I'd be willing to setup something with Paypal, but I'm not too familiar with their service other than reading about it being used. What I be able to get the funds from Paypal and deposit it to my bank account? May sound like a silly question but like I said I don't use Paypal. 

yes Paypal will deposit the money to your bank account....  you have to a bank account linked to Paypal in order to set up an account  with them.  Bear in mind Paypal will charge you about 5% of the money you receive. 

Have you considered selling on Craigslist?  Just a thought.....

yes Paypal will deposit the money to your bank account....  you have to a bank account linked to Paypal in order to set up an account  with them.  Bear in mind Paypal will charge you about 5% of the money you receive. 

I had considered it, but I figured it would be best to come here as well, if you're on here you're into dinar. I didn't want someone to sift though old lawn chairs and "free at the curb" to look for dinar. I think truthis may be interested and is located in DFW so this may work out.

I appreciate everyone's advice on here, it has been a big help. 

truthis do you have a Paypal account? It may be in both our interests to use this service. 

I remember some members doing C.O.D. and inspecting the package before accepting and paying for it.  And he does a lot like that.  If they don't pay, they don't get the dinar.  Fed Ex and UPS are the middlemen or women

I remember some members doing C.O.D. and inspecting the package before accepting and paying for it.  And he does a lot like that.  If they don't pay, they don't get the dinar.  Fed Ex and UPS are the middlemen or women

I thought about that as well, probably better than the 5% Paypal would want. I wonder what UPS charges for that?

This is not correct, Paypal charges 2.9% plus 0.30 cents.

You do not get to "inspect" a package with COD. You must hand the driver the check before you get the package. You do not get to open the package and count the notes before handing over the check. COD doesn't gurantee you get Dinar or the correct amount of Dinar. All it gurantees is you get an envelope, it could contain monopoly money. I've ordered from DinarTrade COD several times in the past and this is how it has always worked.

Also, I know several people who have had bad experiences with Fedex COD. Drivers have delivered packages without getting checks and in some cases they have taken personal checks instead of cashiers checks. I would not recommend Fedex COD. its expensive and really doesn't provide any added security or peace of mind due to how it works and also due to Fedex drivers being dunces and not doing their job properly.

Edited by rulesforrebels

@ rules, that info was based upon another's posted experience, not my own.  I should have been more clear about that.  It may not be company policy but here is the reference.

Thread "Selling Dinar through Doc",  September 27, 2014 @ 01:57

Check post number 10 from Doc31 on 9-29-2014

Me, personally?  My last transaction was with a DV member, the Grand Pubah.  I remembered him from threads a few years ago.  I don't know anything about him other than he has been a member here for many years.  I sent him a check and waited for my check to clear his bank and he sent the dinar.  Worked out fine and I'd do it again.  There are several members here that I'd fully trust, GP, Snow, Tjokie, Caye, PB, Adam, Rod, MIT, Granny, Bumper and many more.  Who's that shirtless guy? Not him.  

This site has some great people and I look forward to doing bigger deals with post RV. 

• Upvote 1

@ rules, that info was based upon another's posted experience, not my own.  I should have been more clear about that.  It may not be company policy but here is the reference.

Thread "Selling Dinar through Doc",  September 27, 2014 @ 01:57

Check post number 10 from Doc31 on 9-29-2014

Me, personally?  My last transaction was with a DV member, the Grand Pubah.  I remembered him from threads a few years ago.  I don't know anything about him other than he has been a member here for many years.  I sent him a check and waited for my check to clear his bank and he sent the dinar.  Worked out fine and I'd do it again.  There are several members here that I'd fully trust, GP, Snow, Tjokie, Caye, PB, Adam, Rod, MIT, Granny, Bumper and many more.  Who's that shirtless guy? Not him.  

This site has some great people and I look forward to doing bigger deals with post RV. 

Sorry I wasn't trying to be mr know it all, just wanted people to understand Fedex COD doesn't mean you'll get what you pay for or anything at all, it simply means you will get an envelope delivered, that envelope could be empty, could contain monopoly money, could be short Dinar. Just didn't want anyone lulled into a false sense of security because I know several people who have been burned using COD. I get the feeling people trust COD and it's really not a gurantee of receiving goods.

Also, that link you sent just talks about a successful transaction, doesn't really mention COD.

Honestly I think Paypal probably makes for hte most secure transactoin, either that or using a service like escrow.com, however Paypal is pretty simple to use and most people already have paypal accounts so I'd lean towards paypal.

Edited by rulesforrebels