Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to spot a terrorist, according to US airport security

umbertino

Leaked document suggests that whistling and excessive laughter could see you singled out for additional screening

By Oliver Smith

11:50AM BST 30 Mar 2015

tsa1_3250268b.jpg

"Given the stresses involved with negotiating most major US airports, it would be a challenge for travellers not to display several of these indicators," said our consumer editor Photo: GETTY

They have come up with a list of things that will cover detaining absolutley every single person that might come to an airport..... what a joke

so basically if you have just had a bad day, a bad meeting, been to a funeral or on your way to one, pregnant, feeling ill (flu), a fear of flying, just worked a 30 hour shift on an oil rig,  nervious of leaving home (I've seen that one a lot in the past few years , hundreads of thousands have left Ireland because there is no work), drunk from the airport bar or from your previous flight, travelling home to see your family that you havent seen in months or spent some time in combat ...... your going to qualify for at least a few of these.

- Arrives later for flight

- Avoids eye contact with security personnel

- Exaggerated yawning as the individual approached the screening process

- Excessive fidgeting, clock watching, head-turning, shuffling feet, leg shaking

- Excessive perspiration inconsistent with the environment

- Face pale from recent shaving of beard

- Facial flushing while undergoing screening

- Faster eye blink rate when individual requested to submit to screening procedures

- Increased breathing rate, panting

- Obvious “Adam’s Apple” jump when requested to submit to screening procedures

- Protruding or beating neck arteries

- Repetitive touching of face

- Rubbing or wringing of hands

- Strong body odour

- Sweaty palms

- Trembling

- Whistling as the individual approaches the screening process

The 15 fear factors are:

- Bag appears to be heavier than expected or does not suit the individual’s appearance

- Bulges in clothing

- Cold penetrating stare

- Constantly looking at other travellers or associates

- Exaggerated emotions or inappropriate behaviour such as crying, excessive laughter or chatter

- Exaggerated, repetitive grooming gestures

- Hesitation/indecision on entering checkpoint

- Individuals who are seemingly unrelated but display identical dress or luggage

- Powerful grip of a bag or hand inside the bag

- Rigid posture, minimal body movements with arms close to side

- Scans area, appearing to look for security personnel

- Shows unusual interest in security officers and their work routine

- Displays arrogance and verbally expresses contempt for the screening process

- Wearing improper attire for location

- Widely open staring eyes

And the six deceptions factors are:

- Appears to be confused or disoriented

- Appears to be in disguise

- Asks security-related questions

- Does not respond to authoritative commands

- Maintains covert ties with others

- Repeatedly pats upper body with hands

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 6

we in the US are not as safe as you think we are in the Airports, then on planes

You should travel to Ireland or scotland on a european flight ...... theres never anybody at customs, no police , no dogs lol ..... there are no passport checks lol

you dont think your safe ...... we dont really care, who the hell would want to bomb us.

the few things we have but never advertised like you guys are the freedoms you hold  so dear (and rightfully so).......... the secret about keeping your freedoms is to not boast about them, theres always someone who will take offense and want to take themfrom you. Governments have learnt the hard way over here how we have fought for 1000's of years against them everytime they have tried to enslave us ........... "rebellion" is not a new word in Europe.

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

You should travel to Ireland or scotland on a european flight ...... theres never anybody at customs, no police , no dogs lol ..... there are no passport checks lol

you dont think your safe ...... we dont really care, who the hell would want to bomb us.

the few things we have but never advertised like you guys are the freedoms you hold  so dear (and rightfully so).......... the secret about keeping your freedoms is to not boast about them, theres always someone who will take offense and want to take themfrom you. Governments have learnt the hard way over here how we have fought for 1000's of years against them everytime they have tried to enslave us ........... "rebellion" is not a new word in Europe.

I thought this topic was about airport security?

I thought this topic was about airport security?

Security is security weather its airport, personal , national. ..... etc etc .... never boast about your freedoms, someone is just gonna take them.

or you could move somewhere where the government doesnt care about your fredoms (which means you have a lot of freedom, if its a first world country) .......... I'm planning on retireing in Finland.

• Upvote 2

we in the US are not as safe as you think we are in the Airports or on planes

Ok moose.. But as you know...no place in the globe nowadays is safe.. I assume some places may be safer than others ( due to logistics, procedures, political climate, etc.) .. but NO certainty of complete security/safety whatsoever

• Upvote 1

Ok moose.. But as you know...no place in the globe nowadays is safe.. I assume some places may be safer than others ( due to logistics, procedures, political climate, etc.) .. but NO certainty of complete security/safety whatsoever

very true

• Upvote 1

Security is security weather its airport, personal , national. ..... etc etc .... never boast about your freedoms, someone is just gonna take them.

or you could move somewhere where the government doesnt care about your fredoms (which means you have a lot of freedom, if its a first world country) .......... I'm planning on retireing in Finland.

Finland? Seriously?... Ok.. You ain't going to suffer   the extreme cold up there?

Also .. one of the costliest countries in the world... True that if you're  loaded you won't care about it.

I prefer warmer climates myself

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Finland? Seriously?... Ok.. You ain't going to suffer   the extreme cold up there?

Also .. one of the costliest countries in the world... True that if you're  loaded you won't care about it.

I prefer warmer climates myself

Right on! Ladies always look better in bathing suits then they do in snow suits!!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1