Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A bill in the US Congress to establish a Kurdish state

Butifldrm

Iraq only works if all of the country is united. If the Kurds get a seperate state status then the secterian divide starts all over again shites vs sunnis and ISIS once again gains a foothold. The US should instruct Bagdad to deliver the military hardware to the kurds reinforcing the central common Government . If the Kurds are seperate then our dinnars become worthless because the Kurds have in the past indicated that they wanted there own currency and keep in mind a lot of the country's wealth is in the ground controled by the Kurds

:shakehead: The New Dinar has multiple languages on it and one note has representation of the Kurds farming...so to say that if the Kurds separate it would become worthless well it just not True.... :shakehead: 

• Upvote 4

The Kurds have always wanted their own Country anyway. They have always hated ( and understandably so) the various countries (Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran) their territories are embodied in .. They never felt part ( and how could they?) of those Nations...There is nothing, zilch, nada in common with them.....

They got mistreated, killed, slaughtered, gassed, jailed, abused  for way too long .

I know that lots of political / economical calculations will have to be done but still.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

whatever is necessary to RMV the currency is already done.  Their is an HCL agreement in place.  You are mistaken if you think we are waiting on any laws-- including the HCL. Most of the new right now is just filler,.,, chatter.

And Ur "Brother" Has Rainbows And Unicorns Flying Out Of His Butt ! :blink:

:D:D:D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

US bill arming the Peshmerga directly without the need for approval of Baghdad !!

31/03/2015 12:39 | Number of Views: 1330

Font Size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif

BAGHDAD / Source News / US senator introduced a new bill to Congress, the White House recommends providing military aid directly to the Peshmerga forces, and support in the conflict with al Daash.

It was proposed draft law by the Commission for External Relations Officer in the US Congress, Ed Royce, a student from the White House considered "Kurds trusting partners to the United States."

It is noteworthy that the United States has denied so far provided any weapons to the Peshmerga directly, causing resentment in some Kurdish officials.

According to the text of the draft law submitted to Congress, the aim is to "launch powers to provide assistance and military training to the Government of the Territory."

A striking points in the project, similar to another bill did not approve of it the US Congress last year, it is considered Balchord recognition as a "trusted partner to the United States."

The bill states that "America's ally in the fight Daash need more weapons and military vehicles

Denies the Obama administration provided weapons to the region without passing through Baghdad, believes that US law does not allow it, and the US Secretary of State John Kerry has called for the past year, the US Congress to work on the legal framework to enable the US administration to send direct military aid to the Kurdistan Region, indicating that "the law they need to send weapons to Baghdad."

And turned the Kurdish issue and the issue of the independence of Kurdistan to senior axis in the deliberations of many international parties, 

He claimed Rand Paul: "Because the military aid is offered to the region on the road to Baghdad, they do not reach the right amounts sent, and I think that it is better to send weapons directly to the region."

If Congress passed a draft of the proposed new law, it would give the authorities the White House, send direct military aid to the Peshmerga, which oversees the distribution of the Ministry of Peshmerga, and not political parties. 

http://l-news.net/index.php/policy/75276.html

• Upvote 1

K.I.S.S. My take on this proposed bill is that if passed it would allow us to recognize the Kurdish Region with partial recognition and thus allow us to ship the weapons the Kurds have been ask from us DIRECTLY to them. Finito. Solemente. Nada mas. This is needed to allow their winning momentum in the battle against ISIS to continue since for some unknown reason the fed government in Iraq is not supplying them with the required weapons, material, or support. Of course I don't know how the Abadi government would like such a thing?

Makes me wonder aloud if Abadi is truly behind the practice of a United Iraq or not? Or more interested in continuing the 2,000 divide between Sunnis, Shittes, and Kurds.

• Upvote 1

I see this as possibly good news. Like others have said. This is to get direct assistance from USA to the kurds....possibly n tradings too...and to eventually leave iraq? Or become its own state... more then likely To become theirnown state...because different states use the same currency.etc ...all in all this isnt negative...

• Upvote 1

And Ur "Brother" Has Rainbows And Unicorns Flying Out Of His Butt ! :blink:

:D :D :D

If this thing ever hits, I am going to get so drunk on an incredible amount of wine that rainbows and unicorns WILL be flying out of my butt!  

• Upvote 2

Makes me wonder aloud if Abadi is truly behind the practice of a United Iraq or not? Or more interested in continuing the 2,000 divide between Sunnis, Shittes, and Kurds.

For those who are wondering this is more about 0bummer than the Kurds. The current sitting President of the USA refuses to send/sell arms to the Kurds as he states it is illegal for the USA  to do so(I guess he picks and chooses what is "legal" these days). Its about how the arming of the Kurds with more up to date weaponry is slow to manifest. By bypassing the President we can directly send/sell arms to the Kurds without a middle man (Bummer and Baghdad).