Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Indiana boycott urged after state passes 'anti-***' law

umbertino

Law that could make it easier for religious conservatives to refuse service to *** couples approved, sparking nationwide outrage

By Agencies

5:19AM GMT 28 Mar 2015

cook_3248658b.jpg

Apple chief executive Tim Cook revealed he was *** in October Photo: Getty Images

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Here comes all the homophobic negs! ♥

I don't see what the big deal is.  Does it mean you'd love your wife/husband any less if marriage equality were a thing?

***Warning: This video contains strong language ***

Furthermore, we live in a society where we have separation of church and state.  Unless you can come up with a reason other than "jesus sez so," then get out.  Oh, and on your way out, repent for all the shrimp you've ever eaten, because you're just as hellbound as all the people you ridicule.

Edited by Markinsa
Added Warning
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I defy any of these "christians" to find a SINGLE anti-*** word that Jeshua bin Joseph said in the Bible. He did say,"Oh, you hypocrites." The homophobic mind is just another EGO (edging God out) driven illusion based on FEAR-based judgement.  Being heterosexual, it's easy to see that many "fine christians" had best be investing time in their own marriage and personal relationships. As the country people in TN would say, "You got enough work tending your own garden. Don't go messin' in your neighbor's".

We certainly don't need another Rambo-fueled theocracy in the world!!! Look at Iran and al.

Blessed are the peacemakers!!! And love to ALL sentient beings!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Matthew 5:17-18(NLT)

17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Galatians 3:21-2 (NLT)

21 Is there a conflict, then, between God’s law and God’s promises? Absolutely not! If the law could give us new life, we could be made right with God by obeying it. 22 But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here comes all the homophobic negs! ♥

I don't see what the big deal is.  Does it mean you'd love your wife/husband any less if marriage equality were a thing?

***Warning: This video contains strong language ***

Furthermore, we live in a society where we have separation of church and state.  Unless you can come up with a reason other than "jesus sez so," then get out.  Oh, and on your way out, repent for all the shrimp you've ever eaten, because you're just as hellbound as all the people you ridicule.

First... Traditional values does not equate to "fear of homosexuality"... There is no fear involved, just value preferences.  "Homophobia" is just the conjured talking point of the issue.

Second... There is no such thing as "Separation of Church and State"...  another manufactured talking point.  The Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion... not freedom from religion.

Thirdly... AGREED!  Love in any bond can not be, and should not be, "measured" for equality under any law.  Love is love... so your point about marriage is moot!  Legal civil unions should provide any legal requirements any couple desires.

All are just a simple matter of values, preferences, and the description of them.   Simple!   :)

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 3

First... Traditional values does not equate to "fear of homosexuality"... There is no fear involved, just value preferences.  "Homophobia" is just the conjured talking point of the issue.

Second... There is no such thing as "Separation of Church and State"...  another manufactured talking point.  The Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion... not freedom from religion.

Thirdly... AGREED!  Love in any bond can not be, and should not be, "measured" for equality under any law.  Love is love... so your point about marriage is moot!  Legal civil unions should provide any legal requirements any couple desires.

All are just a simple matter of values, preferences, and the description of them.   Simple!   :)

Nah, I think Thomas Jefferson is right, not you.  And it's not a belief in "traditional values."  It's just simply the fact that you don't agree with something you don't understand, so you don't want to allow it.  Sound familiar?  Homophobic people who cite religion as their end all argument are to the LGBT community who people like Dianne Feinstein are to the firearms community.  Marriage in and of itself is a civil contract. If it really is just a matter of preference, why can't we just stay out of other peoples' business?  Anyone who wants to govern how other people should live their life, and attempt to limit the rights of any person or group of people is anti freedom.  

Edited by Yukon Silvermoon
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Nah, I think Thomas Jefferson is right, not you.  And it's not a belief in "traditional values."  It's just simply the fact that you don't agree with something you don't understand, so you don't want to allow it.  Sound familiar?  Homophobic people who cite religion as their end all argument are to the LGBT community who people like Dianne Feinstein are to the firearms community.  Marriage in and of itself is a civil contract. If it really is just a matter of preference, why can't we just stay out of other peoples' business?  Anyone who wants to govern how other people should live their life, and attempt to limit the rights of any person or group of people is anti freedom.  

That's fine and good, but the real issue is, the LGBT want it both ways, they want people to stay out of their business, but when businesses want them to stay out of theirs, they get offended.  

• Upvote 7

But again, if you want to refuse service to anyone, and I mean anyone:  ***, black, Muslim, white, Christian, Jewish, Ford owners, Cowboys fans, people who sleep with their socks on, have at it.  That's what a free society is all about.  If we're going to have true equality, it has to go both ways.  You should be just as free to hate something as you are to practice or condone it.  It'd be hypocritical to limit the freedom of people who wish to express a different opinion and viewpoint. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Nah, I think Thomas Jefferson is right, not you.  And it's not a belief in "traditional values."  It's just simply the fact that you don't agree with something you don't understand, so you don't want to allow it.  Sound familiar?  Homophobic people who cite religion as their end all argument are to the LGBT community who people like Dianne Feinstein are to the firearms community.  Marriage in and of itself is a civil contract.  A wedding is the ceremony.  Why can't we just stay out of other peoples' business?  Anyone who wants to govern how other people should live their life, and attempt to limit the rights of any person or group of people is anti freedom.  

Love Jefferson!!!  But, sorry... he only referred to it as a phrase, in a letter/speech, not in The Constitution.

Correct!  Marriage is a civil contract... but also a traditional one, that most apply their traditional values within!

Agreed!  Stay out of other peoples' "business" and values!  Stop intruding and impressing them on accepted institutions!!!  There's no reason the LGBT community shouldn't be able to create their own version of marriage, and be proud of it in their own "brand" of union!  That would be awesome!

See... no fear whatsoever!  All so simple!  Thanks for your viewpoint!   :)

• Upvote 1

Separation of church and state was intended to keep the state from running the church. Nutcase liberals have done every thing they can to turn that around so that they can tell people what to believe. You want to argue such points but your argument is with God and in the end those who support such atrocities will get to spend an eternity with their master. And yes the bible is very clear on the matter. I've read it. So if anyone wishes to disprove it then they should read it first. Otherwise your argument is not worth a hill of beans.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Separation of church and state was intended to keep the state from running the church. Nutcase liberals have done every thing they can to turn that around so that they can tell people what to believe. You want to argue such points but your argument is with God and in the end those who support such atrocities will get to spend an eternity with their master. And yes the bible is very clear on the matter. I've read it. So if anyone wishes to disprove it then they should read it first. Otherwise your argument is not worth a hill of beans.

If you've ever eaten shellfish, I'll see you in Hell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Acts 11:

1 Now the apostles and brethren who were in Judea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
2 And when Peter came up to Jerusalem, those of the circumcision contended with him,
3 saying, "You went in to uncircumcised men and ate with them!"
4 But Peter explained it to them in order from the beginning, saying:
5 "I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object descending like a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came to me.
6 When I observed it intently and considered, I saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
7 And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise, Peter; kill and eat.'
8 But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.'
9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.'
10 Now this was done three times, and all were drawn up again into heaven.

Yukon,

True Christians don't hate the LGBT.  They hate the sin.  Committing sin without genuine repentance and faith in Jesus Christ results in eternal damnation. That is what Christians believe.  The LGBT community doesn't like Christians telling them what they are doing in the privacy of their bedrooms is sin.  The LAW is providing them with no excuse for what they are doing.  True Christians should be showing them the LAW and then pointing to Jesus Christ who is their ONLY Salvation.  Those who live by faith are no subject to the law.

Romans 3:18-22 (NLT)

18 “They have no fear of God at all.”

19 Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.

21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

• Upvote 2

You should try reading Matthew 12:31--Therefore I say to you every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

For those that do not understand that means that those who reject what Christ has done on the cross will die with no forgiveness for their sins.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think people understand more than you want to believe. There is some hypocrisy  in your statement. The bible is very clear yet you refuse to acknowledge that. So really the only thing that anyone can say to you and anyone else that refuse to believe is

Matthew 25:31-45 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Edited by darwinatridge

Just a few words to clear the air for a brief moment:

Which is easier...to tear apart and condemn with ones tongue, (words) and

promote a doctrine that is not supported in the original language of scripture,

or to walk in love, towards your perceived enemies? It has been said an eye for

an eye, but we were told to do what? Love our enemies, and do good to them

which is the opposite of what many teach. Why is this? Do you understand who

the enemy is? Do you have the right to judge and condemn, accuse and

deem anothers life as worthless? Is your enemy 'flesh and blood' ?

What is more hideous in ones eyes...the hatred and desire to see ones 'enemies' destroyed

or the path towards reconciliation and restoration in which we are taught, in which

the early church taught until about 300 AD until the corrupt minds of men desired

to organize this christianity and turn it into another religion of control?

To think that it will somehow take an 'eternity' for justice to be served, is a slap in the

face to the very promises many here teach. It is so ingrained into modern teaching,

so few have ever looked deeper and honestly took the time with humility to search

and see if these things are so. If they are not, and you continue to support endless

punishment which was never taught, then it becomes not 'truth', but a reflection

of the readers own heart and attitude. Much of what is held as truth today by many,

actually has its roots going back to very ancient writings, pagan origins, that were

adopted in some cases word for word, by those who altered the message of GOOD

NEWS, and turned the creator into a creature, just like those who sat in authority

that were some miserable people under the influence of their own corrupt minds

and motives.

If one keeps in context what was spoken to the pharisees of old, (we still have

pharisees today in many ways), and realized to whom Christ addressed his statement,

it is clear this was not a blanket 'threat' as it is used today, it was aimed at those who

KNEW who he was, and intended to kill him and take his inheritance. It is evident that

we could ALL fall under this statement, due to our own mouths, at some point in our lives

where we said stupid things and cursed God out of hatred or fear, etc. Does that mean

we have no hope, no forgiveness, and we are just kidding ourselves? Of course not, but

logic would say we are all guilty, and we are. So how is it then one can still find forgiveness

and restoration in ones life, even after all the horrible things said and done, blasphemies

of all kinds? Because that is the message given...ALL sins and all manner of blasphemies

will be FORGIVEN the sons of men...really? Not according to most right? What part of ALL

does anyone have a problem with?

Who retired and made any of us the judge and jury of a brother? Who said to us to fight against

flesh and blood, and not against the real enemy, which is never the flesh and blood person? Who

thinks that quoting a bunch of verses to someone means anything when the person quoting

them has yet to understand them and then LIVE them? Is it not using the letter to kill, instead

of the spirit that gives LIFE to us all? How is it that no one dares question these matters for fear

of perhaps realizing we may have taken a path created for us by the very same ones that

twisted and altered the will and grace of our creator by means of deceit and fraud? Be careful

what you think you know, and focus on the knowledge that does not "puff" one up and cause

one to boast of something they have little personal understanding of.

What does the word "eternity" actually mean within the framework of the original tongue/language

of scripture? Why is it that the hebrew word OLAM and the greek word AION could ever have been

translated to mean "eternal" or "forever" or "unending" when it has never been the true case?

Who started this strange doctrine of 'endless torment' a punishment that never ends which in

itself makes no sense and can never be supported by the SUM of scripture? Not out of context

twisting, but viewed as the sum of a matter? If the original languages do not support such evil,

then how was it accepted by so many as 'fact' when in reality it is a degradation of the promises

of our creator for all creation? Who started the story that it was the fault of those in their "garden"

that caused this mess, when in fact Romans 8 teaches a completely different aspect of even this

tradition? That aspect is that creation was subjected to FAILURE and FRAILTY by GOD, not 'adam'

and that the purpose has been a promise that ALL creation will be released from this corruption

and be set at liberty? i ask, where do these kind of teachings come from if they cannot be supported

by the scripture they are claimed to come from?

Has anyone ever stopped, just for a brief period, and sincerely thought out the manner of despair and

hopelessness that some teach, and ask themselves what is the purpose of this, how does this honor

the one for whom they claim knowledge of? It appears few ever do, they just keep repeating what they

are taught from a pulpit, rarely encouraged to ask, seek and knock for truth, that they understand and

can then live out in their lives and reflect what is supposed to be a glorious message of hope. Do these

questions offend? Do they cause anger because someone must insist that they truly "know" and are then

authorized to tear down and destroy another which again is the exact opposite image of the one whom

they claim to "know"? Is judgment and punishment meant to obliterate and destroy, or is it meant for

correction to restoration? Be careful how quick you respond...it reflects your own heart and attitude.

Examine your self, your words, your attitude of heart, and how deep down in, if one is honest with themselves,

just how destructive ones words can be, and in what manner are they used towards others. Then see if this

resentment can be honestly accepted as being a true reflection of the god one serves. If it is the god of logic

and thought, then we can see our error, and dig deeper to find that nugget of truth and the spirit of the word,

which never kills, but gives LIFE. Be careful how you 'hear', it may just be coming from the reflection of ones

own darkened heart and thought, instead of actually 'hearing with ears to hear'.

One can respond with yet more anger and vengeance, threats and bitterness, or one can stop and think

before they write...perhaps the very verses one cannot wait to toss around in order to kill, just may be

something YOU should 'hear' and 'see' for your self, and how it pertains to one right now, right where you are,

not to condemn, but to correct.

Just a thought, but know that it is quite easy to spot self righteousness...when the truth is not a single person

can claim to be of any more value than the one they are destroying. THIS is what 'religion' can do to some

folks...but it is not what our creator does, because these things come from the 'creature' and not from the

creator.

One can either seek out what validates their own thoughts, views, etc., twisting it however they can to reach their

own perception, or one can honestly seek out how they THEMSELVES can grow more like the one in whom they

claim they love and know and in doing this, 'see' others as actually better than themselves...THIS is true humility

and how rare it is seen. Is it worth a try, or is it easier to continue to use the written word to destroy?

Thanks Umbert for the post, sorry so many things end up in this manner. You have no control over how others

respond, as others must take responsibility for their own words and attitude.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Galatians 5 New King James Version (NKJV)

Christian Liberty

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Love Fulfills the Law

You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.

11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased. 12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

There is one thing that has stood out about people who doe not what to hear the truth. They become enablers for those who want to continue down a path that goes against Gods word. Living by the fruit of the Spirit means that you also need to be truthful with people. When we turn our backs on the sins of others there is no love. You just do not want to be inconvenienced with dealing with someone who is living in sin.

There are too many of you to reply to.  Look, either you believe and follow all of the old testament or none of it.  If God's word is so clear as you guys state it is, then throw away all your clothes made of more than one material, never eat shellfish, sew only the same seeds in your fields, etc, etc.  Are you guys honestly so dense as to believe that it's a choice to be homosexual, bisexual, or otherwise?  You really think someone just wakes up one morning and thinks "Gee, I think I wanna be ridiculed, unaccepted, and hated today."  Absolutely not.  I had a friend who committed suicide because people like you made him feel like he's a monster.  You think someone chooses to feel that way?  Go ahead and cite your "Jesus this" and "Jesus that" and "it's unnatural" and all that BS, because it's garbage like this that makes me ashamed to be a Christian.  You pick and choose from the Bible what's easy to follow, and because you never experienced it, it's easy to just tell someone that they have a problem.  Hatred is easy to express.  Love, care, and understanding takes someone with real guts.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1