Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

There were Angels in the Alley

Heavyduty053

Eagle, I was not trying to broad brush all pastors, I was more referring to my experiences with main stream denominations. When I was in a contemporary worship service one Sunday I had a vision and actually heard God's voice. I'm worshiping and praising Him and then I heard Him say "open your eyes", of course me and my hardheadedness I said no Lord I am worshiping you (Like I can argue with God). He said "open your eyes", so I did and He said "what do you see"? I actually (or in a vision?) saw people like corpses just standing there as if they were dead. I said I see dead people. He said "GET OUT"! Well I kept going to Wed night "Disciple Class" Which God was showing me so much at home working on the home work. I was becoming immersed in His Word, but when I went to a class a few weeks later I was trying to show the teacher what God was showing me he got angry with me, so I picked up my books and left, never went back. (by the way I was studying the Greek and Hebrew (with my Interlinear Bible) at that time with the KJV, NKJV, NASB.)

As I said before, I learn more being in my "closet" with the Lord and then sharing with a close group of friends than I ever had in a "church". And that's a fact. I don't want to be fed a doctrine, I want the whole meat of the Word, and God has been doing that for me for the last ten years or so. Yes, I have seen the same thing of souls being "shipwrecked".

Eagle, I pray you are teaching the Truth, and His grace and blessings rain down on you and your congregation. God bless you!

Wm13

side note: Have you ever read the Book of Jasher? mentioned in Joshua10:13 and II Samuel 1:18?

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 2

Yes I have read Jasher and other books as well and sadly though I do teach the whole counsel of GOD I often teach only a remnant...like Nelg I love the "Ekklesia"...the called out assembly of GOD's people...but I have found much of the "professing church" desire "milk" vs meat....and the doctrines of men or even devils vs the Truth....sadly I have also seen many who do not fellowship the Body end up worse than when they first believed...you are blessed to have found men of like precious faith even if they are but a few....for surely the great falling away has been in operation for some time now...

For these and many other reasons I don't often use the word "church"...people say...we had church...they have a beautiful church...let's go to church....none of which matches the Biblical description of the "ekklesia".....which is built of "living stones' not brick and mortar....which is an expression of HIS Body in the earth...not an emotion packed group of "corpses" as you saw in your vision...

I recently invited someone to a meeting at a local hotel where I covered both the Scriptural and extra-biblical evidence for the Passion, Death and Resurrection...no where on the flyer was the word "church"...yet a neighbor who has been very friendly sneered up and said "we don't do church"....how sad that people have such a negative view of the Body of Christ....

Thanks Patty...always good to hear from you....

:praying:

• Upvote 4

Eagle Eye, I certainly appreciate what you have written.  So many people individuals equate "church" with the meeting of a group of people who have come to be entertained by a performance from a "preacher" or a group singing with a band rather than to worship God.  I don't mean to be judgmental, but some people do not go to "church" because they were not entertained, or it did not fit their thoughts of what a "church" must be.  

Worshipping at the assembly is just the beginning of one's worship and glorifying God.  Worship is a moment by moment, daily activity that springs from a heart dedicated to glorifying God in everything we do; and I do mean everything (cf. Rm 12:1-2).  Waterman is on target by saying that he learns more in the closet than he every does at church.  That should be true for everyone.  The assembly of the saints is to praise and glorify God as a group, to be encouraged and supported by fellow saints, and to edify the believers.  I don't expect to learn as much from going to the assembly as I do at home in my personal studies of the Bible.  Personal study and digging into the text is were we learn.  The assembly and community is where we share what we have learned; that makes it exciting.  But most Bible classes in church are not geared for "sharing" as much as they are for the teacher "disseminating" a lecture rather than "mutual sharing" of what we have learned from the text.  

The assembly or gathering of the saints is not a place where the "perfect" attend.  It is a place for all to gather, especially the spiritually sick, the hurting, and those ignorant of what they need to do to change their life.  In ANY church you will find an abundance of things that are wrong and need to be changed to meet the biblical standards, moral conditions, and heart adjustments desired by our Lord. When I see folks like that, which includes me, I know that they are their for healing and renewal and are looking to find some answers.  They are there to receive what only another saint can give.  

Look at the letters written to the early church.  Most of them had problems: moral, ethical, doctrinal, etc., and yet Paul called them the "church of God," "the body of Christ." saints!  When we attend such an assembly you know that you are in the right place.  Now if the leadership is rejecting the deity of Christ and has tossed out the Bible as the word of God, then if you can not get them on the right tract, its time to leave.  But to stop attending the body of Christ, and isolate yourself to only YOU in the assembly (?) is bordering on religious narcissism.  

I prefer to worship God with the saints.  

• Upvote 2

W13/Vietnam...relax y'all....your not alone! I stopped long ago trying to "fix" what is obviously broken! As you put it W13 the physical buildings are filled with corpses, and as you put it E.E....many of those are with itching ears! E.E....if your still called to that arena and your relaying the truth then more power to you brother!!! W13 your testimony and mine sounds so much alike I'm blown away! I meet with 5 guys on Sat. mornings at a local grill and once a month or so we gather as couples or family's! I'm sorry folks but after reading "Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola I don't think I can with good conscious go back into that enviroment most folks refer to as "The Church"! That's my personal decision, and I'm not judging others that still think that meeting in an ornate building on Sun. Morning will somehow ensure them a ticket to Heaven but that's not my path anymore! I spend more time lovin' on folks and sharing The Word while I working in people's homes or meeting them on the street or in a store than I used to formerly while on my best behavior In what I used to call "Church"!!! Folks we all have our callings...some are called to go into the Mission fields of Evangelism within those four walls with a podium and a steeple...while others are called out to the highways and byways...that's where I experience His presense the most...but y'all gotta do what He calls you to...period!!! :)

• Upvote 1

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/01/25/serenity-prayer-what-is-this-prayer-what-can-we-learn-from-it/#ixzz3Vju9od27

Thanks WM, Eagle Eye and Ronandstaff and the others for your comments of how you think about your thoughts on "church attending" but I try to live by the Golden Rule (as much as I can) and by no means act righteous for one day and try and fool others into thinking I am a religious person the other six days. I am who I am and pray that God will see the good in me the day I stand before him. 

• Upvote 1

Vietnam,

You're welcome, I want you to know that it is important to fellowship with other believers (iron sharpens iron), I think my message may have not been really clear. I tried the denominational churches, it didn't work for me. I have a brother and three or four close friends that share the same views and we share together what God shows us. Many times God is showing us the same thing, or something that ties into what the other is being shown and it always amazes us. My preference is to just be in a small group where God is giving us great revelations than to be in a big congregation. That's just me, other people have their own preferences.

May God Bless you and Keep you, in Jesus' name.

Wm13

• Upvote 1

nam'69...I feel what your sayin'...It's all well and good for people that feel  comfortable around people but I'm a loner and have found contentment...I know there's a God...I almost got turned around to see him...My direct approach in questioning 'why' in the few meetin's I've attended has caused tension and I thought best to move on...I love to be around people and watch them around the track, fairway, court, diveboat or in the shop but life has taught me to keep my distant and look to defuse any situation concerning my personnel life...To appreciate the light...I had to pay my dues in the dark... 

• Upvote 1