Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thousands of Americans to sign a petition accusing the 47 Republican treason

Bunk was right. Or the ones who objected to the signing of the petition were all dumb a$$es. Our government is a set of checks and balances so that the Executive, Senate, or Congress will not set themselves up as King. " The letter" was in response to a President that was going to enter into a contract by Executive order that would open the door to a nuclear Iran. What a stupid legacy that would have left for Mr O.

The letters writing is no more wrong than for our government, via our President, spending our tax dollars to oust the leader of our strongest M.E. ally. Apparently Mr O thinks two wrongs do make a right, a right wing conspiracy.

• Upvote 4

There you go - good thinking.

TEA: Taxed Enough Already - I'm in.

I just looked it needs another 98050 signatures by April 11th.

I check back from time to time to see if it gains strength.

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY APRIL 08, 2015 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000
TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

As of right now this is what they have:

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY APRIL 13, 2015 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dang...that was fast! 

47 seditious Senators. Take the next step!

Take the next step. Senator Shumer is the ranking member of the US senate committee on rules and administration. We the people demand that he take action on our behalf and hold these seditious Senators accountable for the crimes of Treason, sedition and in some cases, with ranking members of the military, mutiny. Here is my letter to Charles Shumer. Everyone please visit the Senate Rules and administration website and write a letter to Senator's Charles Shumer and Roy Blunt, requesting legal action be taken against these criminal Senators at www.rules.senate.gov/public/ Match the almost 300,000 petition signatures with 300,000 letters to the Senate committee and make our voices be heard. We demand action now!

Published Date: Mar 14, 2015

47 seditious Senators. Take the next step!

Take the next step. Senator Shumer is the ranking member of the US senate committee on rules and administration. We the people demand that he take action on our behalf and hold these seditious Senators accountable for the crimes of Treason, sedition and in some cases, with ranking members of the military, mutiny. Here is my letter to Charles Shumer. Everyone please visit the Senate Rules and administration website and write a letter to Senator's Charles Shumer and Roy Blunt, requesting legal action be taken against these criminal Senators at www.rules.senate.gov/public/ Match the almost 300,000 petition signatures with 300,000 letters to the Senate committee and make our voices be heard. We demand action now!

Published Date: Mar 14, 2015

Yes that was the 14th.....three days later they have 3 times more than they asked for.

Yes that was the 14th.....three days later they have 3 times more than they asked for. There are at least 9 different petitions for that cause at that site....all with thousands of signatures. This one has 3 over 300000.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: File charges against the 47 U.S. Senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement.

On March 9th, 2015, forty-seven United States Senators committed a treasonous offense when they decided to violate the Logan Act, a 1799 law which forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

At a time when the United States government is attempting to reach a potential nuclear agreement with the Iranian government, 47 Senators saw fit to instead issue a condescending letter to the Iranian government stating that any agreement brokered by our President would not be upheld once the president leaves office.

This is a clear violation of federal law. In attempting to undermine our own nation, these 47 senators have committed treason.

Published Date: Mar 09, 2015

Treason...yes. Undermining the workings of our government by aligning with hardliners in Iran is treason.

You don't like the way things are going, change them from within.

And no, Patty, signatures are verified.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would question the patriotism of anyone that wants an Iran with nuclear capability. If the younger generation wants this they can wait (hopefully) another 20 years when I am dead and gone. I have not spent my life working just to be nuked off the face of the earth by some fanatical nation that wants to kill anyone that does not see things their way. I am set on this and will not be swayed. Neg away as i am sure it is going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: File charges against the 47 U.S. Senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement.

On March 9th, 2015, forty-seven United States Senators committed a treasonous offense when they decided to violate the Logan Act, a 1799 law which forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

At a time when the United States government is attempting to reach a potential nuclear agreement with the Iranian government, 47 Senators saw fit to instead issue a condescending letter to the Iranian government stating that any agreement brokered by our President would not be upheld once the president leaves office.

This is a clear violation of federal law. In attempting to undermine our own nation, these 47 senators have committed treason.

Published Date: Mar 09, 2015

Lets see if the goberment does something about it. I think they are full of hot air. It will be interesting to watch.

Lets see if the goberment does something about it. I think they are full of hot air. It will be interesting to watch.

You have no idea what that website is about, do you?

http://wh.gov/iDVs3

This is a petition to give the 47 senators a medal of honor for sending the letter to Iran.

And this is a petition from the same site asking to end interracial marriage.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/reverse-our-nation%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cno-child-left-white%E2%80%9D-policy/tHCRVDVN

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Bunk was right. Or the ones who objected to the signing of the petition were all dumb a$$es. Our government is a set of checks and balances so that the Executive, Senate, or Congress will not set themselves up as King. " The letter" was in response to a President that was going to enter into a contract by Executive order that would open the door to a nuclear Iran. What a stupid legacy that would have left for Mr O.

The letters writing is no more wrong than for our government, via our President, spending our tax dollars to oust the leader of our strongest M.E. ally. Apparently Mr O thinks two wrongs do make a right, a right wing conspiracy.

NYK  FYI only so you might know how things work a little better.  We have three branches to our Government.

Executive-President

Legislative-Congress  Made up of the House and Senate

Judicial-Supreme Court

The President does have the authority to broker treaties and such but they then have to be ratified by the Congress.  Executive "order" is a different process..  Although Obama doesn't seem to know the difference or care.  And to think he got elected twice.  I still can't find anyone that will say they voted for him twice, only once.

I'm sure your anger on the subject might have caused some confusion.  Hope I didn't offend you.  Not my intention at all.

• Upvote 1

Treason...yes. Undermining the workings of our government by aligning with hardliners in Iran is treason.

You don't like the way things are going, change them from within.

And no, Patty, signatures are verified.

By who, you. ROTF-LMAO

Wanna start the war. Cause this B.S. will.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The President does have the authority to broker treaties and such but they then have to be ratified by the Congress.  Executive "order" is a different process..  Although Obama doesn't seem to know the difference or care.  And to think he got elected twice.  I still can't find anyone that will say they voted for him twice, only once.

That would be me........Ronnie once, Bush the elder once, Slick Willy twice, Baby Bush twice, and BO twice........batting 1000.    :lol: 

GO RV, then BV

NYK  FYI only so you might know how things work a little better.  We have three branches to our Government.

Executive-President

Legislative-Congress  Made up of the House and Senate

Judicial-Supreme Court

I'm sure your anger on the subject might have caused some confusion.  Hope I didn't offend you.  Not my intention at all.

Just so you know how things work, ...Obama has signed the LEAST amount of EOs since Harding.

By who, you. ROTF-LMAO

Wanna start the war. Cause this B.S. will.

No, not by me, Lady. The signatures are verified before they are counted. 

As for war...I refuse to start a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just so you know how things work, ...Obama has signed the LEAST amount of EOs since Harding.

No, not by me, Lady. The signatures are verified before they are counted. 

As for war...I refuse to start a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

You're unbelievable.

Battle of wits? And you don't even understand my statement. ROTF-LMAO

I was referring to a real fighting war. Cause I believe that's exactly what would happen if your

Saviour OBUMMMMMMMER'S takes out 47 Senators.

Understand now? Or do you need pictures? LMAO

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're unbelievable.

Battle of wits? And you don't even understand my statement. ROTF-LMAO

I was referring to a real fighting war. Cause I believe that's exactly what would happen if your

Saviour OBUMMMMMMMER'S takes out 47 Senators.

Understand now? Or do you need pictures? LMAO

I was referring to your constant following me around this website to make inane attempts at insults and then changing the subect to vague predictions of the coming apocalypse. I should have known that the reference would go over your head.

As for President Obama taking out the 47 people who chose to align with the hardliners of Iran over the President of the United States, it's not his call. If bringing those who run crying to another countries leaders over their inability to govern to justice starts war, bring it on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just so everyone understands - its only illegal or a violation of some act when Republicans do it - not so for Dems.

7 Times Democrats Advised America’s Enemies to Oppose the President

On Monday, 47 United States Senators sent an open letter to the Iranian regime warning that any deal cut by President Obama could be revoked by Congress.

“The next president,” the letter stated, “could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen, and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.”

This sent the Obama administration and its media allies into a tizzy of rage. After all, it is one thing for the president of the United States to send secret love letters to the ayatollahs; it is quite another for GOP members of the Senate to warn the Iranians that they will not abide by a bad deal.

Vice President Joe Biden said that the Republican letter was “beneath the dignity of an institution I revere,” adding, “In thirty-six years in the United States Senate, I cannot recall another instance in which Senators wrote directly to advise another country – much less a longtime foreign adversary – that the President does not have the constitutional authority to reach a meaningful understanding with them.” Josh Earnest of the White House said that the letter was “a continuation of a partisan strategy to undermine the president’s ability to conduct foreign policy and advance our national security interests around the globe.”

The New York Daily News headlined its front page “traitors.”

Jon Lovett, former White House speechwriter and current failed TV sitcom writer, tweeted, “SHAME is the best medicine for these 47 Republicans. And they shall have it!” Other Democrats in the media said that Republicans were pushing war as an alternative to peace.

This is sheer nonsense. It was the Obama administration that suggested no deal was better than a bad deal. But given the false dichotomy between any deal and war, that suggestion was obviously a ruse.

Nonetheless, several Republicans declined to sign. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN), ever one to solicit the love of the mainstream media, said he wouldn’t sign onto the letter because “it was probably not something that was going to be helpful in that effort, for me to be involved in it.” Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) also declined to sign on, as did Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who said that the letter was not “necessary.” Others who did not sign included Lamar Alexander (R-TN), Dan Coats (R-IN), Thad Cochran (R-MS), and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK).

Democrats have said that the letter may violate the Logan Act, which states:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Legally speaking, charges under the Logan Act would be unwarranted. The Logan Act has never actually been used for prosecution, nor has its Constitutionality been seriously reviewed in two hundred years.

And if Republicans supposedly violated the Logan Act, so did these Democrats:

Senators John Sparkman (D-AL) and George McGovern (D-SD). The two Senators visited Cuba and met with government actors there in 1975. They said that they did not act on behalf of the United States, so the State Department ignored their activity.

Senator Teddy Kennedy (D-MA). In 1983, Teddy Kennedy sent emissaries to the Soviets to undermine Ronald Reagan’s foreign policy. According to a memo finally released in 1991 from head of the KGB Victor Chebrikov to then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov:

On 9-10 May of this year, Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow. The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.

What was the message? That Teddy would help stifle Reagan’s anti-Soviet foreign policy if the Soviets would help Teddy run against Reagan in 1984. Kennedy offered to visit Moscow to “arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA.” Then he said that he would set up interviews with Andropov in the United States. “Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews…Like other rational people, [Kennedy] is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations,” the letter explained. The memo concluded:

Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988. Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president.

House Speaker Jim Wright (D-TX). In 1984, 10 Democrats sent a letter to Daniel Ortega Saavedra, the head of the military dictatorship in Nicaragua, praising Saavedra for “taking steps to open up the political process in your country.” House Speaker Jim Wright signed the letter.

In 1987, Wright worked out a deal to bring Ortega to the United States to visit with lawmakers. As The New York Times reported:

There were times when the White House seemed left out of the peace process, uninformed, irritated. ”We don’t have any idea what’s going on,” an Administration official said Thursday. And there was a bizarre atmosphere to the motion and commotion: the leftist Mr. Ortega, one of President Reagan’s arch enemies, heads a Government that the Administration has been trying to overthrow by helping to finance a war that has killed thousands of Nicaraguans on both sides. Yet he was freely moving around Washington, visiting Mr. Wright in his Capitol Hill office, arguing his case in Congress and at heavily covered televised news conferences. He criticized President Reagan; he recalled that the United States, whose troops intervened in Nicaragua several times between 1909 and 1933, had supported the Somoza family dictatorship which lasted for 43 years until the Sandinistas overthrew it in 1979.

Ortega then sat next to Wright as he presented a “detailed cease-fire proposal.” The New York Times said, “Mr. Ortega seemed delighted to turn to Mr. Wright.”

Senator John Kerry (D-MA). Kerry jumped into the pro-Sandanista pool himself in 1985, when he traveled to Nicaragua to negotiate with the regime. He wasn’t alone; Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) joined him. The Christian Science Monitor reported that the two senators “brought back word that Mr. Ortega would be willing to accept a cease-fire if Congress rejected aid to the rebels…That week the House initially voted down aid to the contras, and Mr. Ortega made an immediate trip to Moscow.” Kerry then shilled on behalf of the Ortega government:

We are still trying to overthrow the politics of another country in contravention of international law, against the Organization of American States charter. We negotiated with North Vietnam. Why can we not negotiate with a country smaller than North Carolina and with half the population of Massachusetts? It’s beyond me. And the reason is that they just want to get rid of them [the Sandinistas], they want to throw them out, they don’t want to talk to them.

Representatives Jim McDermott (D-WA), David Bonior (D-MI), and Mike Thompson (D-CA). In 2002, the three Congressmen visited Baghdad to play defense for Saddam Hussein’s regime. There, McDermott laid the groundwork for the Democratic Party’s later rip on President George W. Bush, stating, “the president of the United States will lie to the American people in order to get us into this war.” McDermott, along with his colleagues, suggested that the American administration give the Iraqi regime “due process” and “take the Iraqis on their face value.” Bonior said openly he was acting on behalf of the government:

The purpose of our trip was to make it very clear, as I said in my opening statement, to the officials in Iraq how serious we–the United States is about going to war and that they will have war unless these inspections are allowed to go unconditionally and unfettered and open. And that was our point. And that was in the best interest of not only Iraq, but the American citizens and our troops. And that’s what we were emphasizing. That was our primary concern–that and looking at the humanitarian situation.

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV). In 2002, Rockefeller told Fox News’ Chris Wallace, “I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11.” That would have given Saddam Hussein fourteen months in which to prepare for war.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). In April 2007, as the Bush administration pursued pressure against Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi went to visit him. There, according to The New York Times, the two “discussed a variety of Middle Eastern issues, including the situations in Iraq and Lebanon and the prospect of peace talks between Syria and Israel.” Pelosi was accompanied by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Tom Lantos (D-CA), Louise M. Slaughter (D-NY), Nick J. Rahall II (D-WV), and Keith Ellison (D-MN). Zaid Haider, Damascus bureau chief for Al Safir, reportedly said, ‘There is a feeling now that change is going on in American policy – even if it’s being led by the opposition.”

The Constitution of the United States delegates commander-in-chief power to the president of the United States. Section 2 clearly states, “He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur…” As Professor Jack Goldsmith of Harvard Law School writes, Senators have a good argument that “the President lacks the authority under the U.S. Constitution to negotiate a pure Executive agreement in this context.  Almost all major arms control agreements have been made as treaties that needed Senate consent, and the one major exception, the Salt I treaty, was a congressional-executive agreement.”

One who might agree: former Senator Joe Biden, whose White House profile explains, “then-Senator Biden played a pivotal role in shaping US foreign policy.” Among other elements of that role: decrying President George W. Bush’s surge in Iraq as “a tragic mistake” and vowing, “I will do everything in my power to stop it.” As Tom Cotton said this morning, “If Joe Biden respects the dignity of the institution of the Senate, he should be insisting that the President submit any deal to approval of the Senate, which is exactly what he did on numerous deals during his time in Senate.”

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1