Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A simple message

Markinsa

Beautiful message....brought tears to my eyes.  I am blessed to have both my parents still here and able to shower them with gratitude and love!  Love the fact that he is targeting the young kids so that maybe, just maybe, it will make a difference!

Thank you for this gift today Markinsa!

• Upvote 2

love, the strongest gift of all.  for when everything else has failed, love never fails...

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. 

thanks for sharing Markinsa  :)
  • Upvote 1

Not a dry eye here.  I tell her everyday, for one day she will not know me.  (Dementia)

passing it on...thanks Markinsa

Pattyangel, I know so well the challenge you are facing.  I, too, experienced such a period in my own mother's life.  She died the day before Thanksgiving.  

Youthful mothers have their moments, but there are those of us who have gone from being cared for, to extending care.  It was the case when mom entered the nursing home some 18 months ago as my sister and brothers took care to see that mom received everything she needed.  And looking back over the years realized that as she once stroked the hair of six tow-headed kids, now those children stroke her silver locks as the years bring in a child like behavior to our mom.  We watch as our mother’s mind began to totter from fantasy to reality; from remembering the past to not even remembering her children’s name.  She once listened to our childish babble, and understood.  Now we must understand.  She once steadied our stumbling steps; and now we steady hers.  And sometimes we forget that the silver hair was once soft and curly; and the cheeks, now pale, once burst with color.  And the excitement of youth “to dare and do,” once raced through those now aging veins. 

For a little while during her last few months I said, “I loved you then, and I love you now.  Stay with me; lean on me.  I was once your child, and now time has made you mine.”

On November 28, 2014 our family said our “goodbyes” to our mom, mother, nana, grandma. Her presence will be missed, her love cherished, and words remembered.  Her body was placed in the grave, but she was with the Lord.  This past Thanksgiving she gathered with those who have already departed and praised the Lord with a strong voice and a stronger heart filled with overflowing joy!  We miss her.  Yet we know as all saints know, she would not want to come back. 

Mom, we will see you in the morning of the Lord.   

Love you mom!

Markinsa, Thanks for the emotional lift.  

• Upvote 3