Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

50 Note Not Canceled

TrinityeXchange

It should hit the Gazette... :shrug:  Does your Arabic Speaking friend have access to the website?

-

-

we work together in the same office/room...just us so we get to have a lot of private conversations about the mid east and such.  today i pulled the memorandum up after you told me how to get to it.  he looked over my shoulder and read it out loud while i took notes in notepad and then pasted it into the forum.  

sorry for such a long answer but if i could get a link to what the cbi has posted in the gazette, he might find time to read it for me. 

• Upvote 1

Breitling has posted an amendment to his original cast.  yep, Breitling recanted and now believes that it is official because the document sits on the website.  

my personal opinion is that until i see an official regulation with the seal of the cbi, i don't believe it.  i do want to apologize if i personally have caused confusion to anyone.

Edited by TrinityeXchange

Thanks trinity.  I think this is a very good lesson for all of us.  What if this would have been about the "big dance"?  People reacting to something before we know if its official or not, exchanging out dinar on  misinformation...  We need to make @$%!! sure its official and legit before reacting.  At least some have seem to get what they paid for their 50's and weren't taken advantage of.  Just makes me wonder....will the CBI actually change/update their site when the rate is actually changed?  How will we know for sure?

Edited by Deb45
  • Upvote 2

Thanks trinity.  I think this is a very good lesson for all of us.  What if this would have been about the "big dance"?  People reacting to something before we know if its official or not, exchanging out dinar on  misinformation...  We need to make @$%!! sure its official and legit before reacting.  At least some have seem to get what they paid for their 50's and weren't taken advantage of.  Just makes me wonder....will the CBI actually change/update their site when the rate is actually changed?  How will we know for sure?

Deb, some things about iraq is incomprehensible to us Westerners.  Like why does it take 20 emails and 3 months to get 1 response from Warka Bank for a password reset??  How is it that official sites like the CBI and ISX have outdated material posted on their sites.  Or the ISC still posting investment conferences that took place a year ago already.  The only entity in Iraq that I have dealt with personally who has been always timely with fantastic customer service is my ISX broker.  That is why I will cleave to that service.

• Upvote 2

yeah it was scary, I sold mine in 5 lots and the same person bought all of them within a day of posting

Wow machine you did good!

Well I can say that sterling currency is buying back the 50 notes for a 1:1 exchange for 5,000 10,000 and 25,000 notes only.

You have to change to the News and Announcements Page and then turn on the Arabic and then translate to see it.

press release ) due to stop the public from trading cash paper category ( 50 ) dinars 

25/02/2015

OCR Bing translation

As public deliberation banknote class (50) dt and leaning on to power conferred by article 36 of the law of the Bank's lucrative aleiji number (56) of the 2004 were scattered following; 1 ~ pull cash from the paper (0 5) dinala from circulation.

2 "on almsarb and replace alaonak cash adthkzemh to it without nsawam or Commission, and the almsaria deposited at the Bank and its branches for the purpose of alsimzi is the corresponding value in our accounts.

3 the term "replacement category above two months starting from 1 ^ 3 ^ 15 to 20

4 "after the replacement of cash does not become alonkh *** welisth force discharge

And will not be accepted in the CLI.

Albenlf central Baghdad

Same article

OCR Google Translate

Due to stop the public from trading cash paper category (50) Dinara According to the authority provided in Article (36) of rewarding Bank Act Alaaja number (56) Lemna 2004, Ntherr what comes; 1 ~ pull banknote of the category (0 5) Denalo of trading.

2 "on Almassarb and branches replace cash Alawnaq Adthagzma it without Nsom or commission, and the Almsaria deposit with a bank Chimazi and its branches for the purpose of being the equivalent value in our calculations.

3 "for the duration of the replacement category above two months starting from the 1 ^ 3 ^ 1520 up to

4 "after the end of the replacement period become cash Alonqh not a view and Est legal tender

Will not be accepted in the Republic of Asag-

Central Abannlv Iraqi Baghdad