Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Legal: "Oil And Gas" Will Arrive Next Week To Parliament !

CNN. Broadcasting A Long Awaited Arrival !

(by walkingstick)

الأحد 8 مارس 2015 | 06:24 مساء | 

Parliamentary Legal: "oil and gas" will arrive next week to Parliament

BAGHDAD / .. Parliamentary Legal Committee, announced on Sunday that the oil and gas law will arrive in Parliament next week, noting that there are differences between the political blocs may hinder his reading and voting on it.

Said committee member Ibtisam al-Hilali told the "eye Iraq News," The oil and gas law of the sensitive task that bears especially with regard to oil issues between the center and Alaqlm complexities of the laws, "indicating that he did not write to the far right way is being sought to amend some paragraphs before up to Parliament. "

She Hilali, "The oil and gas law from within Almmthbth document the political agreement laws are now being intensive dialogue between the political blocs to reach a final formulas and remove the differences," pointing out that it is unlikely that these days up to the parliament. "Finished / 5

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=33483

• Upvote 16

Next week [being this week, okie dokie - very good] 'come soon enough for all of us to get thing thing done. I would sincerely like to get off this :rodeo: Pronto like and move on with the rest of my plans . . .  as I know all of you would similarily enjoy doing.

• Upvote 6

don't know why this should be such a problem.   they already have an agreement.  Just read it, pass it, publish it in the gazette.  why should that be so hard.   :twocents:     its not brain surgery here.   :surgeon: :surgeon: :surgeon:

I'm guessing they just don't want the world to know too much.

• Upvote 1

DDavo, 

They are debating many aspects of the HCA, as noted in the article itself:

She Hilali, "The oil and gas law from within Almmthbth document the political agreement laws are now being intensive dialogue between the political blocs to reach a final formulas and remove the differences,"

I would imagine that was the main purpose of starting with a non-legally-binding agreement: to identify problem areas and then bring those into whatever comittee is used to get the Agreement to a Law. They are hashing those things our right now and some time this coming week or next, the proposal will come before parliment for a vote. Assuming of course no political bloc stages a walk out or the like.

Keep in mind that just as with the budget, they will go through some stages:

1. Agreement of hydro-carbon relationship between provinces and baghdad.
  2. Implement the Agreement for a period of time and determine if there are any major concerns as a result.
  3. Bring the Agreement and various concerns before a committee to iron those out and arrive at language that all sides accept as law. (NOW)
  4. Present final HCL languange before parliment for vote.
  5. Assuming it passes, wait for a week or two for it to be published in the gazette.
  6. Even after being published there may be a short delay before the HCL is implemented and enforced.

Hopefully parlimentary passage occurs this month with entry into the gazette maybe end of March or (more likely) early in April.

There are a lot of people on this site that are much (much) more versed than I am regarding international currency, fiat currency, moving to an internationally accepted currency, etc. However, I would say that whenever the HCL is published to the Gazette, the RV (whatever that will look like) will occur in days.

At that point all that would hold them back might be concerns over the price of oil and/or a reluctance to don their "big-boy pants" as someone else noted.

• Upvote 1