Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After 4 years, Banished to the LOPster tank for my opinion.

RV on my mind

LOL!!! "good behavior"....................never hurts to dream. But if we go off history like LOPsters seem to hitch their collective wagons too..........."good behavior" and LOPster don't seem to coincide. But thanks for the morning laugh, I needed it. - peace

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2

Someday, someone might find a herd of magical unicorns frolicking in a field of daisies. But that is no reason to believe that unicorns exist.

Someday, a dolphin may swim up to you, speak with a British accent, and say "So long, and thanks for the fish," and rise into the heavens on the way back to its home planet. But that is no reason to believe that dolphins are really space aliens.

Someday, Iraq may do a sudden, massive, overnight RV of it's currency and declare its currency worth more than all the money in the world combined. But that is no reason to believe that a small middle eastern country with little more than a bunch of oil underground and mounting debt, will magically change near worthless Dinar into trillions of USD.

Magical thinking is little more than hope on a rope.

Ok, I know I said that my last post was the last on this thread, but I read the above and understood the author's problem, the writer does not know the difference between fantasy/myth and hope; the impossible and the possible.  It is a problem that children have with fantasy stories and reality; you need to be careful when talking to them.  

RVPlease (?), the (2)illustrations you used are not real and not possible in any world but the mind.  Hope has a real possibility of happening.  Big difference.  You need to learn the difference, but may be there is a difficulty in your perception process.

By the way, magic has nothing to do with hope.  Hope is real.  Magic is not real.  

Hope, when it reaches the end of a rope tides a knot and holds on.  

Religiously I have a hope of being resurrected with a new and different body when Christ returns.  My hope is based on only One Person, Jesus Christ.  That hope will one day be a reality of His resurrection, something that only happened one time in the history of the universe. Is that hope a fantasy?  Certainly not in my mind; not in my reality!  I am not waiting for a "superman" from outer space, a mythical animal that will grant wishes, those are fantasies and myths.  Christ Jesus is real.

The possibility of the dinar revaluation is not a fantasy of the mind, a myth with not basis in reality.  It could/can happen. The LOP could/can happen.  The LOP is not fantasy or myth.  Yet you continue to believe in ONLY your persuasion.  That type of thinking is called "closed mindedness," meaning you do not want to accept anything but your view; all other views are rejected and suspect.  The mind is a terrible thing to be closed and locked.   

• Upvote 4

That type of thinking is called "closed mindedness," meaning you do not want to accept anything but your view; all other views are rejected and suspect.  The mind is a terrible thing to be closed and locked.   

Nelg, can I have your permission to use this in some of the political threads?    :lol:    :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

Nelg: My mind is OPEN to all possibilities. But the methodical calculating side keeps me grounded.

I asked many times, HOW will an RV of any profitable magnitude happen ???? I get no definitive answers. Belief, hope miracles , prayer are not a basis for an event. Those are simply desperate replies ...

When Iraq was flush with dollars 3+ years ago it could have happened to a small extent, 1-2 cents. But now they are in debt facing growing austerity. Now having to borrow $30Bn just to breakeven this year makes it IMPOSSIBLE.

I know you and many others dont like to hear this . You could try to prove me wrong .

BUT i was only wrong once.

Shabs,      Only if used when discussing liberals..... :eyebrows:

Rockfish,

Sorry to burst your oversized bobblehead bubble........................but you can't be right/wrong on anything till it happens....................till then its just your beliefs, hopes, prayers, or wishful thinking.  

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

Nelg, can I have your permission to use this in some of the political threads?    :lol:    :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

Hi Shab.   Yes, but don't expect the "locked" or "Do Not Enter" minds to accept them.   :angry:   :facepalm2:

Shabs,      Only if used when discussing liberals..... :eyebrows:

Rockfish,

Sorry to burst your oversized bobblehead bubble........................but you can't be right/wrong on anything till it happens....................till then its just your beliefs, hopes, prayers, or wishful thinking.  

Except death and the resurrection.  That has been proved.   

• Upvote 3

No bobblehead, I'm not famous YET!

You have a point with the right/wrong till it happens thing. I'm cool with that. I could be wrong a second time. Til then i'm on a roll.

Nelg,

Only one can be right/wrong in terms death & resurrection....................right?

In the case of the this fact: death and resurrection, they are true whether anyone accepts them are not.  Death and resurrection are facts. Death is an established fact.  Jesus resurrection proves and gives assurance that our resurrection will happen.  Decision about them cannot wait till it happens for us.  As the question confronts the individual, one can either accept the fact as correct, believe, and be blessed.  Or, one will not accept the facts as correct, reject death (?) and the resurrection, and spend an eternity of hating that they made the wrong decision.  :peace:   

Edited by Nelg
  • Upvote 3

Death is a fact. Resurrection a 2000 year old story that there is no way to confirm. Until, at least, you are dead. And I don't put much faith in folks who say they talk to dead ancestors.

As for massive, overnight RV's, because one has never happened, they are as apocryphal as unicorns grazing in fields of flowers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Death is a fact. Resurrection a 2000 year old story that there is no way to confirm. Until, at least, you are dead. And I don't put much faith in folks who say they talk to dead ancestors.

As for massive, overnight RV's, because one has never happened, they are as apocryphal as unicorns grazing in fields of flowers.

Another fact that you overlooked is that this day and everyday that you wakeup has already been spoken for. The date today is March 12th 2015 AD. It's funny that you can't change that fact and yet you deny him and call it an old story. Sorry for your death when it comes for you, as long as you are alive there is a chance. Thank You
  • Upvote 1