Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Expert: Delete The Zeros Supports The National Currency And Reduce Inflation In The Country !

Agree. It does not state how the 000 will be eliminated. I may be wrong here but does 100/120000 give us .0008. It may be their way of looking at it compared to how we see it at .00086. Also, why print new 25,000 notes if you intend to take them out of currulation and replace them with 25.00 notes. I may have had a few to many, but it is just a different view point.

Chuck ...I concur.... I said that same thing before.... why would they try to "remove" the zeros (off the notes ie: 25k notes) IF they are going to print new notes (25k) with better security in them....they might be trying to get rid of the smaller notes to introduce the coins they want....

We NEVER know what Iraq is referring to until it actually happens (in ANY article) .... something always gets lost in translation.... I just hope it TRANSLATES into a 1:1 RV and not knocking zeros off my 25k notes.....  :twocents:

Here's The Short Tlar Chat Where He Delivers The Full Kaperoni 'Smack Down' ! :o

:D       :D      :D

Fyi - 'Brule' Is Newshound Carrello ! ;)

B)     B)

Tlar:  “Very, very few articles coming out (that) support a float” 

(More Tlar comments below)

General Discussion Posts > Expert

Delete The Zeros Supports The National Currency And Reduce Inflation In The Country

Brule:    Peace Sumaisem: introducing the subject of lifting the zeros from the Iraqi currency

OCTOBER 13, 2010 

Said an economic expert Sumaisem peace that talk about the lifting of the zeroes from the Iraqi currency always appear whenever there is apolitical crisis in the country and was intended to occupy public opinion.
~~~

She Sumaisem in connection with the independent press (Iba), experts of the Central Bank confirmed that there is a project to raise zeros will be put to the House of Representatives, saying the reference afterthought, but when the House of Representatives held its first session and remains open indefinitely.

She noted that the process of changing the currency to be incurred to the state treasury more money available to replace the currency in a time when next year’s budget deficit of up to $ 11 billion, according

Brule:   I haven't found past comments or indications in any article as to how the Dr. feels regarding revaluation, but she most certainly does have the credentials and experience to have more than a full grip on a revaluation. 

Her vitae is here: 
  http://iraqieconomists.net/ar/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/04/DrSalamSmeisimCV.pdf

After reading her resume, her 1:1 looks like a current, solid prognosis to me.

NCtallguy:   Kap, I highly doubt you're reading this but somewhere in the "project" there will be an overnight increase in the value of the dinar. We will go to bed at one rate and the next day the rate will be higher.

Will someone with nothing better to do do the math on 1166 rising by 2% then 90 days later 1166 plus the 2% increase rising another 2% and so on, and so on til the dinar is now equaling a dollar. that would tell us just how long using kap's theory it would take.

Tlar:      Kap said the following...   delete the zeros is the name for a project, not a single event. If you look at that way..you will realize this is not an overnight RV or some other action..it is a process..and the goal is 1 to $1. The dinar will rise gradually over a period of 2 years or more as stated..with the end result a new currency without the zeros.

Tlar:     He is correct in that delete the zeros is the name of this project.  He is wrong in that it is an event and is an overnight RV at some level.  He is right in that it is a process. 

He missed the boat altogether thinking that the two years stated has anything at all to do with the length of time it will take the dinar to gradually appreciate to a dollar.   This was not a reference to support the float.

Quite simply this was a reference to both currencies circulating for two years at the same time which tells us that the only way both currencies could circulate is for the lower denoms to have been released.  To try to connect it to a float scenario to prove it supports a float is ridiculous at best. 

The only way the lower denoms could be released is with an immediate increase in value high enough to warrant their release.  Catch 22 Kap.  How  many times has the CBI told us that both currencies will circulate for two years since 2010, 15, 20?

Very, very few articles coming out support a float.  More and more continue to support an immediate rate change in value which at almost any rate kills your float theory starting at 1166 as you have stated.

A good question was asked earlier by someone on this site.  Why would they want to bring out a currency at less than its true value.  Quite simply they would not. 
Tlar Continues:  So now with the government firmly behind this project and Maliki not being able to stop or threaten the project or the people at the CBI as he did when he was PM, and with the fundamentals being at least 3x's better than they were in 2008 when the strategic study said that they could support an immediate increase of 1.13 to 1, I ask again, why in the world would they want to start the currency at 1166?  

I can give you 20 good reasons why they would not, starting with it could potentially damage an already fragile economy struggling to recover.    tlar

mystic137:    great synopsis Tlar.....and someone here also said...if they were going to start at 1166 and rise gradually.....why would they not have started this already....that would be easy to do....

what would they be waiting for if it was as simple as starting to float upwards 

everything getting lined up properly (to get it right the first time) seems to suggest a singular event.... (staged rate and then float....or some version like that
  • Upvote 2

Whoa. :0 Lot's of people who are obsessed with the (no sure thing) "revalue". Mental questionnaire: "How many here would be cool if this never took place?" Dig the site but time for the self-image mirror. Help your fellow man, do some service work, something to GET OUT OF ONESELF.

Always a good idea to volunteer and help others Justchecking123.  Good for you!

I'm just back from the Long Beach VA Med center where I volunteer when I can.

I admit it's not a selfless act. Why? Because it makes me feel good!

If you really want to make yourself feel better help someone else out.

It Really Works

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2

Next year I will have better joy banging my head against a wall than get you to see what this article is saying ......if you went into the Cbi after they delete the zeros and you gave the cashier 120000 dinars and she said thank you here's your 100 dinar bill in exchange of your 120000 ..where's the money maker in that then next year, no wonder keep got frustrated with people......anyways I'm going back into hiding before I have to start eating lopster again.....see you all on the finish line. :)

That is not what that opinion article is stating. What the opinion article is stating is that when they delete the 000's from the currency anyone who goes to buy dinar from that point on will get a 1:1 transaction 100usd for 100 Iraq dinar.  Nowhere in that article is it even implied those who are currently holding dinars pre delete zero will get $100usd for 120,000 dinar. Maybe we are reading two different articles but I know I'm reading what the OP has posted.

Let's read it again...  instead of the $ 100 equals 120 000 Iraqi dinars, after deleting three zeros become a $ 100 equals 100 Iraqi dinars

even if you reverse the latter part $100 dinar equals $100 USD it's a win our favor because we are pre delete zeros. This article is definitely about a revalue and not a lop because if it was otherwise it would have stated $100usd = $120 dinar after the 000 were deleted.

Anyway it's an opinion piece and as others have pointed out no one really knows until official word comes out what the game plan is.

• Upvote 2

That is not what that opinion article is stating. What the opinion article is stating is that when they delete the 000's from the currency anyone who goes to buy dinar from that point on will get a 1:1 transaction 100usd for 100 Iraq dinar.  Nowhere in that article is it even implied those who are currently holding dinars pre delete zero will get $100usd for 120,000 dinar. Maybe we are reading two different articles but I know I'm reading what the OP has posted.

Let's read it again...  instead of the $ 100 equals 120 000 Iraqi dinars, after deleting three zeros become a $ 100 equals 100 Iraqi dinars

even if you reverse the latter part $100 dinar equals $100 USD it's a win our favor because we are pre delete zeros. This article is definitely about a revalue and not a lop because if it was otherwise it would have stated $100usd = $120 dinar after the 000 were deleted.

Anyway it's an opinion piece and as others have pointed out no one really knows until official word comes out what the game plan is.

I agree that know one knows what these people are saying, 

However, it is telling and very interesting that the author chose 100 as  compared to 120,000.

• Upvote 3

I'm done trying to work out what these guys are thinking of doing.....it's pretty sad that after ten years I'm none the wiser.....

You are all of the wiser I can promise you that ! If you have followed this dinar that long there is nothing that you haven't heard. There is no model for Iraq, with all of the natural resources that they have we will come out on top. My life has never been better since I stopped listening to the Guru's and started laughing at them. Don't give up !, but there is nothing that we can do or say that really matters anyway, unless it is to ourselves or each other and that is what matter most . When this is all over, one day you will look back and laugh and probably say,........ damn I wouldn't do that again. GO RV !   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Let me see if I have this correct....

The Dinar comes first in the equation in the first example...That's how you look at it if you are considering the value of the dinar IQD vs the $ USD 

IQD/USD      1/.00086

REMOVE THE 3 ZERO'S AND YOU HAVE .86   OR 1IQD/.86USD  CLOSE TO ONE TO ONE. It increases the value of the dinar! US gov happy (Taxes and the IQD they hold), string pullers happy,Iraqi citizens happy, we are happy  :bravo:

If they lop off, as some are saying the 3 zero's on the 25,000 note as some fear ... you have a much different scenario...A 25,000 note is now worth 21.50 $ unless they say it is worth something else like 1/1 then it could be worth 25-000 or 25 IQD's/25USD's or 1/1   In a fashion the IQD, with new currency, is now worth more from that point forward yes, BUT, We must factor in the information that Trinity has passed on ...the economics and the politics of it make it much, much more likely that the 3 zero's are coming off the Forex Type equation IQD/USD  or 1/.00086 floating the boat of those in power that do this for a living and those of us who have "cracked" their code. :angel:

Believe what you want ... I say role the dice and expect something good rather than role the dice and expect something bad...And since we have all rolled...Don't worry be happy ;)  We will all find out when we find out... We sent planes loads of $ over there   :salute:  ..now short, what the former PM took, they will "send" them back...as they move their currency back towards prewar values ...that works for me for now...Please don't tell me if I am wrong...at least until tomorrow....   :shrug:
  • Upvote 2

Sure, it's an interesting article, but it's just one opinion, from one of many Iraqi economists. Obviously, this art is to some, way open for interpretation.  Let's wait to see what next week brings. Thanks for the article Thug.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 1

This Thread Has Hit 10 Pages - Time For An Official CNN Post Count Update !

TBomb11                   

Palmtree19709

KDuesing9

rah9

SgtFuryUSCZ8

caz11047

Texstorm7

davis4117

DinarThug5

SocalDinar5

ladyGrace'sDaddy4

chinadawg4

blueskyline4

Markinsa4

"Fred"3

FatMan3l

senatus93

NextYear3

ChuckFinley3

Saintsfan3

Deb453

deniscanada3

mrparrot3

eburt2

mr.unlikely2

dog532

idplzr2

TexasMike19582

vietnam19692

Freedomwish2

willis231

justchecking1231

robbby1

staunch1

larrylo1

NeedRv1

R-Boy1

ocdude1

Chuck Norris1

Nelg1

weimer1

navira451

Willowmena1

1lucdog1

Boozer1

jeepguy1

TexAg911

BJinMontreal1

drj1

boosterbglee1

billbill1

sandfly1

utah rock1

jdeason1

pocono1

NoviceInvestor1

brbrlocke1

Snatcher1

DinarDavo1

nannab1

softtheboss1

txdinargirl1

nfire1

TrinityeXchange1

yota6911r

stokes21

gymrat765411

gregp1

dinarbeleiver1

Captainron6011

FlintNPebbles1

IQD12171

Yukon Silvermoon1

RRogers141

siberian_shaddow1

Rasica1

Jaygo1

Laid Back1

elgin1

climber71

VIZIOIRAQI1

B)     B)     B)

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 4

Here's Some Additional Comments From Enorrste ...

3-6-2015   Newshound Guru Enorrste   My personal belief is that this could happen sooner rather than later because, as I have stated many times before, once the cat is out of the bag and a new exchange rate regime is created there is really nothing to hold it back, unless, of course, the CBI intervenes.  However, I don't believe that it is in their best interest to intervene and create a "ratchet" effect on the rising of the dinar.  Their main concern will be on getting the large notes off the street in Iraq, and to the extent that they can do that seamlessly I see no reason for them to intervene in the international market.

3-6-2015   Newshound Guru Enorrste   ...it would not surprise me to see the dinar get to $1 by the end of the year.  The CBI says that it will take 2 to 4 years (more recently they are leaning toward 2 rather than 4 according to the articles) and we would assume that all large notes would be off the streets at $.50 per dinar.  Even a 1000 dinar note would be worth $500 at that point.  So, I suspect that they are projecting to get to $.50 in two years.  I can live with that, but I think that international speculation will have more to say about it and that it will actually move up much more quickly, especially as investment moves into Iraq.  I would not be surprised to see oil denominated in dinars after the change in the exchange rate regime, although not immediately.  Imagine what that would do to the value...I am quite optomistic at this point.  I can wait a few more weeks to see the ticker start to move.

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did Maliki fight a LOP for years?  Answer: The event is not a LOP, and dictators don't like citizens to have jobs and contentment, and when a country has wealth, it brings in investors, investors that get into the underlying machinations of a corrupt government.  Shabibi was trying to revalue the currency, needed Parliament's approval to do it, and Maliki would squash it.  So Shabibi decided to "float" the currency, which did not need Parliament's or Maliki's approval.  That is when Maliki issued a warrant for his arrest.

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did the SIGIR April 2012 state clearly to the US Congress that the value of the IQD would rise to over a $1.00?  The US has developed and implemented the financial change in Iraq, and the 10-Year Plan is readily available for review, along with other plans.  The US (UN, same thing) devalued the IQD for a reason at the time.

Why is every industrialized country in the world signing trade agreements with Iraq?  Why are major international banks and corporations coming to Iraq?  Why did Deutsche Bank and CitiBank just agree with Zabari to loan Iraq billions?

What was the purpose of the auctions?  Was it to make money or to remove dinar off of the street? 

There's so much more that , but you get my drift.  

• Upvote 12

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did Maliki fight a LOP for years? Answer: The event is not a LOP, and dictators don't like citizens to have jobs and contentment, and when a country has wealth, it brings in investors, investors that get into the underlying machinations of a corrupt government. Shabibi was trying to revalue the currency, needed Parliament's approval to do it, and Maliki would squash it. So Shabibi decided to "float" the currency, which did not need Parliament's or Maliki's approval. That is when Maliki issued a warrant for his arrest.

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did the SIGIR April 2012 state clearly to the US Congress that the value of the IQD would rise to over a $1.00? The US has developed and implemented the financial change in Iraq, and the 10-Year Plan is readily available for review, along with other plans. The US (UN, same thing) devalued the IQD for a reason at the time.

Why is every industrialized country in the world signing trade agreements with Iraq? Why are major international banks and corporations coming to Iraq? Why did Deutsche Bank and CitiBank just agree with Zabari to loan Iraq billions?

What was the purpose of the auctions? Was it to make money or to remove dinar off of the street?

I agree with everything you just said.. It will happen at some point.

• Upvote 2

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did Maliki fight a LOP for years?  Answer: The event is not a LOP, and dictators don't like citizens to have jobs and contentment, and when a country has wealth, it brings in investors, investors that get into the underlying machinations of a corrupt government.  Shabibi was trying to revalue the currency, needed Parliament's approval to do it, and Maliki would squash it.  So Shabibi decided to "float" the currency, which did not need Parliament's or Maliki's approval.  That is when Maliki issued a warrant for his arrest.

If dropping the zeroes were a neutral event, why did the SIGIR April 2012 state clearly to the US Congress that the value of the IQD would rise to over a $1.00?  The US has developed and implemented the financial change in Iraq, and the 10-Year Plan is readily available for review, along with other plans.  The US (UN, same thing) devalued the IQD for a reason at the time.

Why is every industrialized country in the world signing trade agreements with Iraq?  Why are major international banks and corporations coming to Iraq?  Why did Deutsche Bank and CitiBank just agree with Zabari to loan Iraq billions?

What was the purpose of the auctions?  Was it to make money or to remove dinar off of the street? 

thanks...that"s what I was trying to say, but you said 100x's better.

• Upvote 2

There is a portion of the SIGIR report from July,2010 and a link to the report on pg.13 in the tank..'Lop theory proven" by aquadude.

It might explain how the Dinar might rise to the dollar level.

Some of you participated in the debate attending that post.

wow you just became my hero
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There is a portion of the SIGIR report from July,2010 and a link to the report on pg.13 in the tank..'Lop theory proven" by aquadude.

It might explain how the Dinar might rise to the dollar level.

Some of you participated in the debate attending that post.

Don't bring that garbage back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1