Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana driveby/follow up Feb 28 2015

Adam Montana

·  Adam Montana

Hey everyone!

·   

Just doing a quick driveby like I mentioned in the weekly chat... sorry it's taken so long to get to, I was waiting for confirmation on a couple things I'm hearing.

·   

Confirmation never came, so I'm not going to get too detailed. But I will at least share what I'm hearing.

·   

As you probably read, two pretty significant things were announced this week.

·   Adam Montana

1. Iraq acquired ANOTHER boatload of Gold, I think it was 36 TONS. This is important IMO because I've always held the belief that while Iraq is running their currency on a fiat system, they have a pressing need to show that they have assets to back their value before they can RV.

·   

Obviously OIL is huge, but when you're sitting on an impressive pile of gold, that just adds to your credibility.

·   Adam Montana

2. The CBI announced that they are pulling the 50's from the market, and replacing them with other denominations. This part will take a minute to explain, so hang tight with me here.

·   

First, if you've got a bunch of these small denoms - I have heard mention that there's a few dealers willing to exchange them for other denoms OR USD for a minimal charge, so I would just do that. What we're being told is that after April 30, the current 50's will not be honored.

·   

That's the immediate effect on us. The more important thing to realize is this is very likely a test run on exchanging large quantities of notes.

·   

I've always maintained the opinion that we should get at least 90 days, perhaps as much as 2 years, to exchange. that would give us time to make decisions, based on the floating/changing exchange rate, about how we wanted to exchange. I'll be completely blunt - I never expected to get 2 years, but I acknowledge that it's a possibility.

·   

Well, with this announcement... this might be our first clue that we won't even get 90 days... we'll get about 45 days.

·   Adam Montana

Not that it's a horrible thing by any means!

·   Adam Montana

I'm hearing that instead of a huge RV with a lot of time to exchange, there will be a smaller RV (.01 to .30), a very short cash in window (~45 days), and then a float... so what we MIGHT get to do is simply exchange for the new notes, then ride the value up before we convert to USD or whatever other currency we choose to keep our liquid cash in.

·   Adam Montana

Personally, I don't keep a lot of liquid cash - I'd rather have it in investments, and that's a huge part of what I'm angling my Post RV VIP activities around. Why keep cash that loses value, when you can stick it in an investment and gain? Sorry, I'm digressing...

·   

Anyway - the news is kind of speaking for itself right now. The CBI is not sitting idle, they are moving. All the news we see coming out concerning the IQD shows us that they are serious about raising the value.

·   Adam Montana

At this time, that's all we have... so I'll step off the podium and wish everyone a fantastic weekend. :tiphat:

·  3:55 PM

·   coorslite21

quick question before you go. With the 60 day trial exchange, we probably are not looking at anything else until summer? Would that seem right to you?

thank you sir

·   Adam Montana

Cheers :tiphat:

·  4:00 PM

·   skrappyone

things that makes you go.....hmmmmmmm lol

·   Adam Montana

Hey CL I almost missed that.

·   coorslite21

How have you been??

·   Adam Montana

(T)hat's not a concrete matter. They could test this 50-note exchange for a week and then slam the rest of the notes on it as well

·   

I'm good, thank you for asking :tiphat:

·   NoviceInvestor

Hi Adam .. This is the first time I have looked and your here and I missed your comments

·   nfire

Thanks Adam

·   coorslite21

Thanks for the drive by

·   Adam Montana

Gotta get dinner going for now! I'll copy and paste the entire chat if nobody else got it Novice.

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

Just a little prospective here.  36 tons of gold = 36*2000*16 = 1.15 million oz. x $1213.35/oz = about 1.4 $billion. At $50/bbl oil that equates to about 28 million barrels of oil.  At 3.9 million barrels produced each day, that is about 7 days of oil production.

Bottom line is the gold sounds great, but the real value is in the oil production and oil reserves in the ground.

• Upvote 7

Just a little prospective here.  36 tons of gold = 36*2000*16 = 1.15 million oz. x $1213.35/oz = about 1.4 $billion. At $50/bbl oil that equates to about 28 million barrels of oil.  At 3.9 million barrels produced each day, that is about 7 days of oil production.

Bottom line is the gold sounds great, but the real value is in the oil production and oil reserves in the ground.

I will take gold any day over oil.

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much Adam. You are so greatly respected and appreciated .

The question I am posing is what is going to happen with the other lower denoms specifically the 250 and 500 notes? The 50 notes are a done deal and It makes total sense that if they don't use them and they are only worth under 5 cents then why bother keeping them? Then again if they had kept them and RV'd they would have been worth a lot more. They need to be able to make change for every day puchases still no matter what the currency value is so if there is a rate change what bills/coins will be used for that?

It also makes sense that they are using this as a practice run of some sort. It was a little confusing but, I gathered that they were not going to actually replaced the 50 note at all as far as with new 50 notes go. Maybe they will at a later time IDK?

Were the 50 notes included in the new and improved notes or not? Does anyone even know exactly what all of the new notes are that will eventually be put into circulation? I don't see why they would have included the 25000 note because it has a lot of security features already and would cost a lot of moola to reprint new ones with even more features. Doesn't make sense. IDK about the other notes because I only hold 250, 500 and 2500 notes, so honestly haven't payed much attention to the others.

I do know the claim was made that the old notes would run concurrent with the new ones and would not actually be done away with in the the manner they are doing with the 50 notes. Of course there was no hint of this happening prior to it actually happening so, who knows what the heck they will do lol?

I am not worried about what the rate will be. I am just concerned with the denoms right now. If they do away with one note it is possible that they will do the same with others... and maybe that is a part of the plan. Wouldn't it just be a sucker-punch if they worked it out so that they pull all of the old notes out before making a change in value so that we or anyone outside of Iraq holding dinar could not make a dime off of it? Is that even a possibility?

I mean look at the 50 notes. I don't think anyone will be flying to Iraq to open a bank account just so they can MAYBE get a little value out of these penny notes in the future. Anyone outside of iraq (for the most part) who hold 50 notes may as well just eat them or burn them or whatever lol. The point is that there will be no money made on those notes except for the dealers who sold them to people like us.

Before anyone jumps on me, I am simply trying to figure out what they could be up to just like anyone else. These are ligitimate questions and I don't need any grief about it just because you don't like it.

Thanks again Adam... and maybe if you have time you could address some of these questions.

• Upvote 5

Thanks so much Adam. You are so greatly respected and appreciated .

The question I am posing is what is going to happen with the other lower denoms specifically the 250 and 500 notes? The 50 notes are a done deal and It makes total sense that if they don't use them and they are only worth under 5 cents then why bother keeping them? Then again if they had kept them and RV'd they would have been worth a lot more. They need to be able to make change for every day puchases still no matter what the currency value is so if there is a rate change what bills/coins will be used for that?

It also makes sense that they are using this as a practice run of some sort. It was a little confusing but, I gathered that they were not going to actually replaced the 50 note at all as far as with new 50 notes go. Maybe they will at a later time IDK?

Were the 50 notes included in the new and improved notes or not? Does anyone even know exactly what all of the new notes are that will eventually be put into circulation? I don't see why they would have included the 25000 note because it has a lot of security features already and would cost a lot of moola to reprint new ones with even more features. Doesn't make sense. IDK about the other notes because I only hold 250, 500 and 2500 notes, so honestly haven't payed much attention to the others.

I do know the claim was made that the old notes would run concurrent with the new ones and would not actually be done away with in the the manner they are doing with the 50 notes. Of course there was no hint of this happening prior to it actually happening so, who knows what the heck they will do lol?

I am not worried about what the rate will be. I am just concerned with the denoms right now. If they do away with one note it is possible that they will do the same with others... and maybe that is a part of the plan. Wouldn't it just be a sucker-punch if they worked it out so that they pull all of the old notes out before making a change in value so that we or anyone outside of Iraq holding dinar could not make a dime off of it? Is that even a possibility?

I mean look at the 50 notes. I don't think anyone will be flying to Iraq to open a bank account just so they can MAYBE get a little value out of these penny notes in the future. Anyone outside of iraq (for the most part) who hold 50 notes may as well just eat them or burn them or whatever lol. The point is that there will be no money made on those notes except for the dealers who sold them to people like us.

Before anyone jumps on me, I am simply trying to figure out what they could be up to just like anyone else. These are ligitimate questions and I don't need any grief about it just because you don't like it.

Thanks again Adam... and maybe if you have time you could address some of these questions.

You just spoke about the concerns that we all have wondered about for a while now. All of what you said is a real possibility. They could do this to all the existing currency to weed out counterfeiting and foreign speculators. Lord knows it would remove a huge headache for them.

At this point, the best thing we can hope for is lower denominations to be released and float or RV. But if they were going to do that.........why pull in the 50's to begin with? Only time will tell.

Edited by staunch
  • Upvote 1

All of this speculative talk will drive a person nuts. Why doesn't everyone just sit back and wait to see what will happen? Your money is already in the game and you're trying to figure out what the Iraqi's will do next and they've got their own way of doing things.... why not just wait ? We sure have had a lot of experience in doing just that. No one can figure out where their mind set is. You'll just give yourself ulcers.... Just a thought.

• Upvote 7

My 24,000 dollar question is this...I can go buy dinar, I can go sell dinar, but how do I exchange dinar, just short of going to the CBI. I was talking to the "Currency Exchange" guy at the airport and he said he is currently exchanging IQD because of the interests in it. ...but would I simply go turn in my dinars for dollars and then go buy more dinars????   Just asking so don't be a hater.... :confused2:

• Upvote 5