Sign in to follow this  
rulesforrebels

Wow, people sure are crazy about the Zimbabwe notes $100 per note

I know most people on here are not big fans of the Zimbabwe money, myself included. I noticed DinarDepot is now selling single 100 Trillion Zimbabwe notes for $90 per note. A few years ago I had bought a zim note for $2 to put in my gf's at the time birthday card as a gimmick, crazy to think people are now selling those for $90 per note.

Not sure if anyone can answer this. How come everyone seems to want a particular type of Zimbabwe money the 2008 or aa money?

If I'm not mistaken Zimbabwe came out with a new set of smaller amount notes after the aa or 2008 notes before then officially going to the dollar.

I know people talk about them bringing back the old Zim notes and I actually remember reading a credible article a while back stating if certain economic conditions were met they may bring back the Zim dollar but I would imagine they would roll out a new Zim currency and not revert back to an outmoded note, especially one two series ago.

Not sure if anyone knows the reason everyone wants these particular older notes?

Not all currencies will be worth investing in.   This is one of them..... :shakehead:

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the Zim is a turd, what I'm curious about is why people are so avid about getting this particular series of note which is not only no longer good but not even the most recent not good note. Doesn't seem as if anyone has the answer to that?

Because it says 100 Trillion Dollars on it.  Think you'll ever find another one of those.  And most people never even heard of it until that recent article came out that said One USD=35 Quadrillion Dollars Zim.  Nostalgia

A 100 trillion dollar note.i just can't even fathom this in my head.

We could move to Zimbabwe and rule the country on our social security checks.who with me?lets rule the country.

• Upvote 4

Guru pumping. IMO people are tired of the dinar ride, looking for another "something" that's going to be an instant hit. I myself am finding the dinar ride tiresome. I bought mine back in 2009 while working in Iraq (Camp Taji) and never thought I'd be here 5+ years later, still waiting for some kind of movement.

• Upvote 1

We could move to Zimbabwe and rule the country on our social security checks.who with me?lets rule the country.

Nah, I like wearing clothes.  Besides, 100 Trillion zim was only worth one usd and I think that was back in 08 and the inflation rate was 4 billion percent.   Now they use usd only.

My Animal Disclaimer:  I only think the facts are correct.  I'm sure about the 4 bil % though. 

Guru pumping. IMO people are tired of the dinar ride, looking for another "something" that's going to be an instant hit. I myself am finding the dinar ride tiresome. I bought mine back in 2009 while working in Iraq (Camp Taji) and never thought I'd be here 5+ years later, still waiting for some kind of movement.

Theres plenty of movement these days in the rumors section..bowel movements.

One interesting thing while doing some digging on the zim and these notes is there was a fairly small amount of them produced so potentially could have some collectors value, however I wouldn't pay $90 for one of htem.

I have one! 

Not all currencies will be worth investing in.   This is one of them..... :shakehead:

Yup right up there with Vietnam! LOL

Yeah. it's been a tough time holding on to the the safety bar on this roller coaster....seatbelt has been loose.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By numimaticmat
      Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to this situation. A currency seller with the store names ZimbabweDollars.Net and TheCurrencyStore is outright scamming people. 

I realize many people aren't fans of the Zimbawbwe Dollar to begin with but that aside should someone decide to buy it they should receive something and not be scammed and they should also get legitimate notes. 

I personally was scammed by them about a year back. I made a purchase, they sent me 100 Trillion notes which were clearly printed on a home computer. The site says refunds no questions asked. They refused to refund me and told me to file a chargeback with my credit card company. After calling the police in his city and pestering him endlessly he finally refunded me. I've heard numerous stories on forums and from colleagues who made the same mistake. There's also a Youtube video from someone else who had the same experience. 

I just talked to another online friend today who paid last week and received nothing and has no communication from the seller. It seems this has been going on for a while and neither Shopify or Stripe seem to care this guy is selling fake notes and/or outright scamming people so looks like he'll be able to continue. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. 
    • By umbertino
      Emmerson Mnangagwa says he will return to lead Zimbabwe, after fleeing in wake of abrupt removal from post

Jason Burke Africa correspondent
      Thursday 9 November 2017 09.46 GMT

Robert Mugabe (left) addresses party members and officials at his party headquarters to show support to his wife Grace (right). Photograph: Jekesai Njikizana/AFP/Getty Images         More pics in link   https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/09/mugabe-faces-challenge-as-sacked-vice-president-gathers-support
    • By umbertino
      Grace Mugabe tells supporters that Zimbabwe’s 92-year-old president should be on ballot even if he dies
      Associated Press in Harare
      Friday 17 February 2017 15.51 GMT
      Grace and Robert Mugabe arrive at party headquarters in Harare this week. Photograph: Philimon Bulawayo/Reuters  
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/17/robert-mugabe-could-contest-election-as-corpse-says-wife
    • By rulesforrebels
      I've head a number of things online today about Zimbabwe revaluing. I don't think there's anything to it but just curious what the rumor is all about? I'm not seeing much of anything online, only thing I could find searching was this article which doesn't seem to have anything to do with paper money but more something about people who lost money through banks. Anyone else heard these rumos?

Zimbabweans to be compensated fully as local currency is demonetizedFeb 23,2015 HARARE, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) will use the rate of one U.S. dollar to 35,000 Zimbabwe dollars as it moves to demonetize the local currency and compensate account holders who lost their savings when the government introduced multi-currencies in 2009.

RBZ Governor John Mangudya told Xinhua in an interview Monday that everybody who had an account as of December 2008 would be awarded a blanket five U.S. dollars per account regardless of whether or not there was any credit in their bank balances.

Mangudya's comments allay fears that had beset the banking public which suspected that the RBZ wanted to credit the accounts with only five U.S. dollars and disregard the balances in the accounts at the time of the introduction of the multi-currencies.

The Confederation of Zimbabwe Industries also issued a statement recently urging the RBZ to fully compensate account holders.

"The five U.S. dollars is the minimum but we're going to be using the United Nations rate of one U.S. dollar to 35,000 Zimbabwe dollars. We have revalued it from one U.S. dollar to 35 quadrillion dollars," Mangudya said.

"This explains why the figure (to demonetize) has risen from the initial six million U.S. dollars to 20 million dollars," he added.

Former Finance Minister in the inclusive government Tendai Biti had indicated that six million dollars would be required to compensate account holders affected by the abandonment of the local currency in favour of mainly the United States dollar and the South African rand.

Other currencies acceptable in the banks are the Australian dollar, British pound sterling, Botswana pula and to a limited extent the Euro, Indian rupee, Chinese yuan and Japanese yen.

The local currency was literally made moribund in 2009 when the government sought to arrest runway inflation which then stood at 231 million percent at the last official count, even though unofficial figures put it at 4 billion percent.

To cope with inflation, the RBZ redenominated the Zimbabwe dollar in 2006, 2008 and 2009, with the highest being a 100 trillion dollar banknote printed on bond paper after the German company which used to supply it with the special paper stopped doing so because of economic sanctions imposed on the country.

The central bank would also occasionally slash the zeros from the notes amid concerns from businesses that the many zeros were crashing their computer systems.

The demonetization of the local currency will be completed by June 30, 2015, allowing many people who had stashed the Zimbabwe dollar in its various denominations to finally discard it.

• By rulesforrebels
      I know this whole ebola scare has been affecting the stock market. I was curious if this ebola stuff will have any affect on the Dinar, Dong, etc or none at all?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.