Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Decorah Eagles… Watch LIVE Webcam of the Nest

Whatshername

The Raptor Resource Project brings you the Decorah Eagles webcam from atop their tree near Decorah, Iowa.

Mom Lays Her First Egg 2/18/15

Three eggs as of 2/25.  They should begin hatching around March 24th.  Stay tuned… that’s when the real fun begins!

View Live Webcam… (or you might want to get the free USTREAM APP)

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Here’s some interesting information…

http://raptorresource.blogspot.com/2013/03/about-new-nest.html

• Upvote 4

Bald eagle lays egg, becomes Internet sensation

DecorahEagles.jpg

(YouTube Screenshot from Raptor Resource Project video.)

A livecam placed above a nest in Decorah, Iowa, has turned a family of bald eagles into Internet celebrities.

The camera, which is run by the Raptor Resource Project, captured the mother laying an egg on Wednesday night. The egg is the first of the 2015 season to be laid in the Decorah nest. By Thursday morning, the livecam had racked up more than 308 million total views on Ustream.

WHOTV reports that the egg is the 21st for the pair of bald eagles who inhabit the nest. Prior to the latest arrival, the parents successfully raised 20 eaglets into juvenile eagles.

The nest is located across the street from a fish hatchery, according to WHOTV, providing the family with a steady supply of food.

Watching an eagle sit on her eggs is only slightly less boring than watching paint dry!  I'll bump the thread when they begin to hatch.  :eagle::wave:

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Watching an eagle sit on her eggs is only slightly less boring than watching paint dry!  I'll bump the thread when they begin to hatch.  :eagle::wave:

Right on time!  The first eaglet appears to have cracked through it's shell.  I check on them every morning and today my timing was excellent!  She called to him and within a couple of minutes, he arrived to give her a break.  When she stood, I grabbed a couple of screen shots and one of the eggs looks like it has a big piece missing... :)

Edited by Whatshername
  • Upvote 2