Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank announces the withdrawal of 50 dinars a class of trading

yota691

The Swiss Franc recently had a rapid rise in it's value, and I never read about any

Confusion or chaos in the market place.

I wouldn't call it chaos but there was/is a significant negative impact.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/15/currency-markets-switzerland-franc

Especially in the forex markets..

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx_mobile.html

That was at 30%... Can you imagine 100%, 1,000%, 100,000?

Edited by bsims25
  • Upvote 3

bsims25 you can't use swiss' impact on global markets as a template for iraq.  the iqd unlike the swiss franc is offline globally and iraq has no capital market access.  its banking systems are only even now becoming modernized.  to try to build symmetry here is a moot point in my estimation.  for a template, you have to look elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

bsims25 you can't use swiss' impact on global markets as a template for iraq. the iqd unlike the swiss franc is offline globally and iraq has no capital market access. its banking systems are only even now becoming modernized. to try to build symmetry here is a moot point in my estimation. for a template, you have to look elsewhere.

"the iqd unlike the swiss franc is offline globally"

I am aware of that.

Did they give a reason?

They were still buying them when I called yesterday....must have read the news since then.

I noticed that most of the dealers I called yesterday didn't have a clue about the cbi announcement.

Hey what's up Dontlop we missed you???!!!

I wish I had his very fertile imagination. Lol

You good folks want to know who I am???

Lol

Thug is on to me. Didn't take him long to sniff me out.

I swear I'm not dontlop.

When I get 3 guesses I'll tell u.

They were still buying them when I called yesterday....must have read the news since then.

I noticed that most of the dealers I called yesterday didn't have a clue about the cbi announcement.

I wish I had his very fertile imagination. Lol

You good folks want to know who I am???

Lol

Thug is on to me. Didn't take him long to sniff me out.

I swear I'm not dontlop.

When I get 3 guesses I'll tell u.

Adam!

really for us to debate about whether or not there will be no bump, a slight bump, a small bump or a big bump prior to moving from a rigid to a flexible exchange regime is a waste of effort team.  NO ONE KNOWS and if 1 out of 20 of us are correct, it will do absolutely nothing for us.  the important thing is for us to identify what it is that iraq is actually doing so that we can properly prepare.  any actions of ours are all reactionary to what the CBI decides to do and so it behooves us get solid information on what they are about to do.  from my research it looks like a float is coming.

You are right about that!

No need to worry about the bumps. Being prepared for  any possible outcome should be priority. Many of us have been aware that a float was just as possible as anything else. We just hope for/believe in a better outcome is all.

I am interested on your take about what they may do with the other lower denoms regarding a float. I myself have many of the 250 and 500 notes which make up the majority of what I hold and if they were to do away with those as well prior to a float or rate change I would for obvious reasons be disapointed. What do you think they will do?

I guess I could try and exchange all of my lower denoms for 25,000 notes but, who would actually do that? I purchased all of my dinar from what used to be Dinar Trade so, guess I could start there. The 50 notes are just a small loss so no big deal but, if i can help it I don't want to lose the 250 and 500 notes on top of it.

Also, there was mention that another reason they got rid of the 50 note is because they may cause some confusion between them (50 notes) and the 500 notes so, if they stick to that then it wouldn't make sense to get rid of the 500 notes. IDK... brain is just doing it's thang!

Thanks again for your always intelligent and thoughtful perspective TX.

Blessings in Yahushua

• Upvote 1

Ok, so the new dontlop has now re-registered as bsims25 ?...in other words anyone and everyone that does not call this investment pure bullspit is a guru, Lol................ Maliki will be saved again soon.

:lmao: From the cherry bombs I'd say we hit a nerve.

So how long do you think she'll last this time?  :butt-kicking:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am interested on your take about what they may do with the other lower denoms regarding a float. I myself have many of the 250 and 500 notes which make up the majority of what I hold and if they were to do away with those as well prior to a float or rate change I would for obvious reasons be disapointed. What do you think they will do?

i am inclined to think that any insignificant lower denom has a high chance of being whacked.  the problem we face is lack of intimacy with iraq's marketplace.  we simply do not know how often notes like the 250 is circulated because we are not there.  who knew that the 50 note pretty much never saw the light of day in iraq almost like the penny in the States??  man-o-man this speculation game is a piece of work isn't it?!  many of us purchased lower denoms so that we could hedge against a lop and then we look up and face the risk of having to abandon that strategy entirely.  

best i can say my friend is to get your strategy together in case they call in the 200/500 notes.  have your backdoor already unlocked and ready to open.  that is the best we can do.  i only have a few of the low denoms so i am willing to just eat it but if i had a lot, i would definitely be looking at a contingency plan so i don't get caught flat footed..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So , if it does float, how do we properly prepare? Won't we STILL be watching The CBI rate and looking into new news?

Just saying. Not Too much will change. We will still be praising yota and all who bring great news

Just hang tight...it won't take 3 more years...the demand will drive it up unprecedentedly...and the next 2 months should be telling...and No disrespect...I'm not here for praising..this is not about me or you......

• Upvote 1

I'm just afraid that they are going to give us a small window to cash in on a low float and that will be our only option. Then after we have already cashed ours in we have to sit and watch it sky rocket and be sick to our stomachs. That's just a fear of mine not anything to support that at all.

i am inclined to think that any insignificant lower denom has a high chance of being whacked.  the problem we face is lack of intimacy with iraq's marketplace.  we simply do not know how often notes like the 250 is circulated because we are not there.  who knew that the 50 note pretty much never saw the light of day in iraq almost like the penny in the States??  man-o-man this speculation game is a piece of work isn't it?!  many of us purchased lower denoms so that we could hedge against a lop and then we look up and face the risk of having to abandon that strategy entirely.  

best i can say my friend is to get your strategy together in case they call in the 200/500 notes.  have your backdoor already unlocked and ready to open.  that is the best we can do.  i only have a few of the low denoms so i am willing to just eat it but if i had a lot, i would definitely be looking at a contingency plan so i don't get caught flat footed..

Page17%20Pivot%20Summary.jpg

I'm just afraid that they are going to give us a small window to cash in on a low float and that will be our only option. Then after we have already cashed ours in we have to sit and watch it sky rocket and be sick to our stomachs. That's just a fear of mine not anything to support that at all.

Deb, why not exchange old Dinar for the new Dinar and watch the float climb and the cash in when you feel you have made what you wanted?

Thanks

Edited by Mrs. Silence Dogood