Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

umbertino

Man in his 20s likely to be publicly beheaded after ripping up copy of the Koran and hitting it with a shoe in ultraconservative kingdom Saudi Arabia

By Reuters

10:36AM GMT 24 Feb 2015

koran_2359899b.jpg

• Upvote 2

And people really like Muslims because ?  :shrug:

I'd  dare saying  that.....Many accept it / like it because they were raised   that way, in that culture...Many probably just bear it as they can't do anything else..... Others ( originally from other religions / cultures) may find some things    in that  Religion / way of being that fascinates them.... Who knows.....

Most likely if we ( me, you, others on this forum) had happened to be born over   there  and raised by Muslim parents ... we'd be Muslims ourselves and some of us  might also be radical Muslims ( just like some on this part of the world are radical Christians). 

Usually location  where one is born represents a big ( huge) conditioning ( one way or the other).. It's only fate deciding about  that stuff.

Edited by umbertino

Well cooked ! LOL didn't mean it to come out that way but it did and a little funny at least to me. We (USA) tolerate the Saudis because they are a stable country with lots of oil ! Same with Kuwait and it will be the same with Iraq soon as they can stabilize. The west will never understand them and they will never understand us and when it's over........ get ready for Armageddon  !

• Upvote 1

Well cooked ! LOL didn't mean it to come out that way but it did and a little funny at least to me. We (USA) tolerate the Saudis because they are a stable country with lots of oil ! Same with Kuwait and it will be the same with Iraq soon as they can stabilize. The west will never understand them and they will never understand us and when it's over........ get ready for Armageddon  !

So Armageddon will result from a lack of fossil fuels.......interesting take, Tex.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

It's ok Umbertino, it's just another Christian being persecuted.  :angel:

Did I say it was ok?   Shoot...I brought up the  artIcle, didn't I?

I didn't neg you anyway ( in case you wonder). I don't neg  anybody ever as my own rule of thumb.

I'm sorry if you maybe misunderstood something I wrote...Peace out

• Upvote 1

Did I say it was ok?   Shoot...I brought up the  artIcle, didn't I?

I didn't neg you anyway ( in case you wonder). I don't neg  anybody ever as my own rule of thumb.

I'm sorry if you maybe misunderstood something I wrote...Peace out

Sorry umbertino it was sarcasm at it's worse I apologize if it rubbed you wrong. And I didn't give you and I will never give you a ruby, ok we are always good. Thanks for the article  :D

So Armageddon will result from a lack of fossil fuels.......interesting take, Tex.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Now Shabs did you read that that way ! But seriously if they didn't have oil what would they have........SAND !  LOL 

• Upvote 2

In many areas your conclusion about culture, parental instruction, schooling, peer pressure, etc. is correct.  People do tend to stay within their group (in this case, religion).  However, there are many individuals in the world who have viewed their religious beliefs and found that they were empty, with more of a bent toward what man can do to earn the reward of "God" or "the gods" rather than on what God has done for them.  

Thus, many Muslims, and other religious people are feeling the void and emptiness of "religion" and seeking for a greater love of One who came in search of us: Jesus Christ.  They want that love and are turning to God because He offers us relationship that is real, everlasting, and totally based on His love for us.  

I run into individuals everyday who are seeking that kind of faith and belief. It's not that we loved God, but that He first loved us and provided for us a way to have that relationship, not based on our goodness, our kindness, our love or forgiveness.  It is based on the cross of Christ and His great love.  

Once it is truly understood, something within us responds to that love and we are "converted."  

• Upvote 1

there are no radical Christians.

I know what you mean.  However, just becoming a child of God is radical.  Christ was the most radical person in all of history.  His radical life, His power to change individuals, His death and resurrection are all radical.  But His teaching of love and forgiveness of even our enemies is so radical that the world still has problems accepting His lifestyle.  

One of the radical teachings is that we (saints) will die physically for our faith while forgiving them during the their acts of violence to us.  Now that is radical!