Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Quick question on LD's

hmmm

I was on CBI website, been on it maybe three times. Anyways , I was just hunting around and saw the page with the pics of the notes in circulation. I noticed that only the 50 and 100 dinar coins were not in circulation. The 50 dinar note was though. Why is this? Do they have use for a 50 dinar note? Is this old? What would constitute a lower denomination? Thanks!

The CBI website never seems to be that up to date. As you see they don't show the new notes on the main page showing all notes. Also they show a 25 and 100 coin but not a 50 coin. Just look around on ebay or amazon and you'll see lots of people selling sets of all 3 coins so they are most definatley out and about and being circulated despite what CBI website says.

One other tip, I find the arabic version of the site has more inof and is more up to date. If you use google chrome, i hate their browser but they do automaticallly translate sites for you so check out that site on chrome and see what you see. I wouldn't rely on cbi website for answers though as it's typically not up to date.

As far as new denoms, we've had 50 and 250 notes out for forever so the coins are new and are lower. I think when people speak of lower denoms however they are talking about 1s, 5s, 10s etc. Nothing like that is out yet nor have I heard any plans of bringing them out. Heck even a 50 note is pretty insignificant when your currency has the vlaue theirs does.

the LD's are going to be coins... not notes.

I would agree I think most likely they would be coins since they have 25, 50 and 100 coins out. That said some arabic countries use paper for their coins. For example I forget what country but some middle eastern country has Dinars and Besas. Besas are paper and may say 50 besas however its fractional of a dinar or rial or whatever currency it is. Many people dont know about these and I've actually seen tellers at foreign currency stands pay out hundreds of dollars for what is actually cents because even they dont know what they are doing.

Iraq potentialy could have fractional bills instead of coins however seeing as howthey already have coins I'm going to go with easy rider and say lower ddenoms will probably be coins.

They'll have a mix like we do in this country.

I wish I had saved the articles.

Had Iraq not already come out with coins I think fractional paper notes would be a real possibility but they woudln't come out wiht coins unless they were planning on using coins so since they are already out I agree it will be a mix. That said if the Dinar gained in value dramatically and they rolled out an entirely new currency and outmoded the current Dinar then anything could happen.

• Upvote 1