Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cholesterol no longer a concern: US experts

tankdude

http://news.yahoo.com/cholesterol-no-longer-concern-us-experts-205548731.html

A warning against eating foods high in cholesterol is no longer included in the US government's draft dietary guidelines for Americans, representing a major shift in policy, officials said Thursday.

Until now, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommended that cholesterol intake be limited to 300 milligrams per day -- the amount in about one stick of butter, or two small eggs, or a 10-ounce (300 gram) steak.

Medical experts used to believe that eating too much cholesterol could raise the risk of heart attack and stroke by contributing to plaque buildup in the arteries.

But the 2015 version of the guidelines will no longer place an upper limit on cholesterol "because available evidence shows no appreciable relationship between consumption of dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol," the US Department of Agriculture said in a statement.

The draft report, published online at health.gov/dietaryguidelines, said "cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for overconsumption."

The recommended changes were compiled by 14 nationally recognized nutrition, medicine and public health experts.

The guidelines do not become official right away. Instead, they are open for a 45-day comment period and will be discussed at a public meeting in Bethesda, Maryland on March 24.

• Upvote 2

They have actually known this information for years,

and still prescribed the con game of 'statins' to millions

which caused harm in many patients. Now they admit

it is no longer considered, yet they fell short to admit it

was a fable from the start.

Will no one ever hold the pharma cartel responsible for their

actions? Cholesterol has always been necessary for good health,

especially for nervous system and arterial health. I guess that is

the problem, it was necessary for good health! Healthy patients

are not profitable business.

Thanks tankdude for the article. :)

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

About 6 years ago, I sternly told a patient here, but part of the Royal family of Qatar, to "stop that utter junk.." of statin medicine. I showed him the reality of what the drug can do to you and told him to worry about better things besides his cholesterol. He called the "royal physician" and told him this along with my choice words of being a "total and complete IDIOT" (referring to the doctor what prescribed the poison)for issuing such crap. Over-the-phone, I could hear him yelling at me and promising to have me arrested if ever I set foot in his sandbox! Hahahaha. I guess I am free to travel to Qatar now? Vindication might take some time to settle in! My profession is still pushing this nonsense even when the studies from 2001 were showing otherwise. Drug habits are hard to beat! Oh, I told the same thing to a rather well-to-do patient from Turkey. His physician is a famous tool who has been on Oprah's show (I don't know the name of it, sorry)and espouses the same crap-n-nonsense. He said I did call him a "fool", but I never heard his reaction. I our did invite both chuckleheads to visit me here, so we could settle our differences in opinion in the "square circle". Yeah, 6-eggs per day, 60% fat diet, over 50 and would still lay them both out. Here's to reality!! Cheers and good post, Tankdude.

• Upvote 1

About 6 years ago, I sternly told a patient here, but part of the Royal family of Qatar, to "stop that utter junk.." of statin medicine. I showed him the reality of what the drug can do to you and told him to worry about better things besides his cholesterol. He called the "royal physician" and told him this along with my choice words of being a "total and complete IDIOT" (referring to the doctor what prescribed the poison)for issuing such crap. Over-the-phone, I could hear him yelling at me and promising to have me arrested if ever I set foot in his sandbox! Hahahaha. I guess I am free to travel to Qatar now? Vindication might take some time to settle in! My profession is still pushing this nonsense even when the studies from 2001 were showing otherwise. Drug habits are hard to beat! Oh, I told the same thing to a rather well-to-do patient from Turkey. His physician is a famous tool who has been on Oprah's show (I don't know the name of it, sorry)and espouses the same crap-n-nonsense. He said I did call him a "fool", but I never heard his reaction. I our did invite both chuckleheads to visit me here, so we could settle our differences in opinion in the "square circle". Yeah, 6-eggs per day, 60% fat diet, over 50 and would still lay them both out. Here's to reality!! Cheers and good post, Tankdude.

Great post Doc. i really appreciate your thoughts and the fact

that you have the courage to speak out about how big pharma

lies and causes harm with their potions. This statin game has

been horrible, years ago they were talking about putting in public

water systems. Can you imagine???

At some point, we have to stop the system from creating medical

zombies. The only way to try to stop it is to tell the truth about their

poison.

Thanks Doc for sounding the alarm and being a voice of reason

for healths sake.

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

first they said butter and cholesterol are bad for you and created margarine. Now they have created man-made global warming in Florida you cannot say global warming because it does not exist. What next. we don't need to eat to survive lol.

Well LGD, you can't trust government, you can't trust big pharma and you can't trust doctors because they've all been bought by big pharma.

This is from "US Experts" so they are telling us not to worry about high cholesterol. Well that flies in the face of big pharm and doctors, who want us to be concerned and to buy drugs to fix it. Go figure.

Edited by Tripphood
  • Upvote 1

Well LGD, you can't trust government, you can't trust big pharma and you can't trust doctors because they've all been bought by big pharma.

This is from "US Experts" so they are telling us not to worry about high cholesterol. Well that flies in the face of big pharm and doctors, who want us to be concerned and to buy drugs to fix it. Go figure.

To answer your question very simply: YES. Stop it immediately. There is no reason to take such a drug.

As for what LGD stated: Yes, if you believe anything government says, you need to grow-up. The best solution is to do your own diligence. Ask questions. I love a patient asking me the why's because it allows me to explain what is going on in their body with reason and logic. This is the foundation of science/medicine. It isn't "Trust me. I am a doctor". Yeah, sorry. My profession is full of egotistical A-holes who just follow party line. Follow the money next. Why are you being told to use this or that? What is the profit from being sick with this particular problem? I tell people how to eat and exercise FIRST. Very honestly I know this makes me no money, BUT I want to sleep well at night, so I am OK without having a BMW. Only those who see their failures will seek an alternative to what they offer at their clinic. I do anything from a simple chiro adjustment to stem-cell therapy. Nothing gets in the way of helping a person live OPTIMALLY. I even tell people to meditate or pray for their health. Its all good, FREE and might work. Its worth a try.

As for cholesterol, your body is making about 80% of what we can find in the blood. If your reading are high (whatever that means!) stop eating sugar FIRST. No bread, rice, corn, pasta. Test your thyroid (TSH AND free t-3/t-4), check for any infection/inflammation especially in the mouth and STOP WORRYING about it. To your health.....Cheers

• Upvote 4

To answer your question very simply: YES. Stop it immediately. There is no reason to take such a drug.

As for what LGD stated: Yes, if you believe anything government says, you need to grow-up. The best solution is to do your own diligence. Ask questions. I love a patient asking me the why's because it allows me to explain what is going on in their body with reason and logic. This is the foundation of science/medicine. It isn't "Trust me. I am a doctor". Yeah, sorry. My profession is full of egotistical A-holes who just follow party line. Follow the money next. Why are you being told to use this or that? What is the profit from being sick with this particular problem? I tell people how to eat and exercise FIRST. Very honestly I know this makes me no money, BUT I want to sleep well at night, so I am OK without having a BMW. Only those who see their failures will seek an alternative to what they offer at their clinic. I do anything from a simple chiro adjustment to stem-cell therapy. Nothing gets in the way of helping a person live OPTIMALLY. I even tell people to meditate or pray for their health. Its all good, FREE and might work. Its worth a try.

As for cholesterol, your body is making about 80% of what we can find in the blood. If your reading are high (whatever that means!) stop eating sugar FIRST. No bread, rice, corn, pasta. Test your thyroid (TSH AND free t-3/t-4), check for any infection/inflammation especially in the mouth and STOP WORRYING about it. To your health.....Cheers

Thanks. How about potato's. Probably them too. Then there is oils, margarine, ect.

Under the pickle!

***///

... :lol: ...! We do like a good Pickle !  :D

BTW -- Thanks to hobummer, we may not be able to go all cavemen with out beef on an open fire anymore...

his environmental whackos gave $15,000. of our taxpayer dollars to a bunch of liberal kalifornia pinkos

to do research on the hazards of our BBQ smoke's effects on us & the environment....  seriously.   <_<

They'd rather you did all your cooking inside on your electric stove where their 'Smart Meters' can

monitor everything you do anyway...  <_<

Thanks. How about potato's. Probably them too. Then there is oils, margarine, ect.

jg1 - here is some information I'd like to share with you.  This is just part of an article on cholesterol and it explains a lot.  I'll give the link at the bottom so you can go look at the whole article.  It really backs up what ThaiExpat is saying...and gets into the science of what the body does with cholesterol and why we need it.  I think you'll find it very interesting.  Explains why so many vegans have high cholesterol.

"What causes high cholesterol? Why would the body make more cholesterol than it needs?

Now here’s the problem: when people eat too many sugars and starches, especially refined and high glycemic index foods, blood insulin levels can spike. When insulin spikes, it turns on HMG –CoA reductase, which tells all of the body’s cells to make cholesterol, even if they don’t need any more. This is probably the most important reason why some people have too much cholesterol in their bloodstream. Sugars and starches can raise insulin levels, which fools the body into thinking it should grow when it doesn’t need to. This is how low glycemic index diets and low-carbohydrate diets lower LDL levels—these diets reduce insulin levels, which in turn lower HMG-CoA reductase activity.

“Statin” drugs, such as Lipitor®, which are prescribed to lower cholesterol levels, work partly by interfering with the activity of HMG-CoA reductase. If your cells happen to need more cholesterol under certain circumstances, but the statin drug is blocking this critical enzyme, your cells may not be able to make cholesterol when needed. And what’s worse is that the cholesterol synthesis pathway doesn’t just make cholesterol; branches of this same pathway are responsible for synthesizing a wide variety of other important molecules, including: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Coenzyme Q. So, you may want to think twice before you artificially interfere with this pathway by taking a statin drug.

When you eat less carbohydrate, you are not artificially blocking the pathway; you are simply allowing HMG-CoA reductase to listen to other more important signals (such as cholesterol levels and growth requirements) and decide naturally when it should turn on and when it should turn off.

So, to recap: refined carbohydrates speed up the cholesterol assembly line and statins slow it down. Which approach would you rather take to manage your “cholesterol problem”—taking a drug that artificially slows down this assembly line, or changing your diet so that the assembly line only runs when it’s supposed to? [Hint: Dietary changes require no monthly co-pays, and have no potentially dangerous side effects.]

Chances are: if you have “high cholesterol” you do not have a cholesterol problem—you have a carbohydrate problem. "

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/food/cholesterol/

• Upvote 2

But you CAN TRUST Jesus.

To answer your question very simply: YES. Stop it immediately. There is no reason to take such a drug.As for what LGD stated: Yes, if you believe anything government says, you need to grow-up. The best solution is to do your own diligence. Ask questions. I love a patient asking me the why's because it allows me to explain what is going on in their body with reason and logic. This is the foundation of science/medicine. It isn't "Trust me. I am a doctor". Yeah, sorry. My profession is full of egotistical A-holes who just follow party line. Follow the money next. Why are you being told to use this or that? What is the profit from being sick with this particular problem? I tell people how to eat and exercise FIRST. Very honestly I know this makes me no money, BUT I want to sleep well at night, so I am OK without having a BMW. Only those who see their failures will seek an alternative to what they offer at their clinic. I do anything from a simple chiro adjustment to stem-cell therapy. Nothing gets in the way of helping a person live OPTIMALLY. I even tell people to meditate or pray for their health. Its all good, FREE and might work. Its worth a try.As for cholesterol, your body is making about 80% of what we can find in the blood. If your reading are high (whatever that means!) stop eating sugar FIRST. No bread, rice, corn, pasta. Test your thyroid (TSH AND free t-3/t-4), check for any infection/inflammation especially in the mouth and STOP WORRYING about it. To your health.....Cheers

I am really beginning to like you. Wish you were my Doctor.

Absolutely amazing, tankdude.

I can assure you that I definitely had a carbohydrate problem. What I didn't know was how bad

that cholesterol medicine was. I quit taking it yesterday, and I've been on a Mediterranean diet

for some time now so everything will be fine.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2

LGD, good to read you took the step to say no to the statin and

take steps to take control of your own health care.

Spot on info tankdude, thank you. The solution is true, the medical mafia

would never admit to ANY solution other than their own potion, which in

the case of statins has made them billions, based upon biased science

and profit motive. Let food be your medicine, but this means no profit

for the pharma's. Most truly do not know the harm that is done with the

use of statins, muscle weakness, heart weakness, and further decline

of health to name a few, and this happens slowly over time, just enough

time to allow the 'doctor' to prescribe more drugs/procedures as the

arteries actually become in worse shape because statins hinder NORMAL

bodily function, to produce LDL to patch arterial lesions...of course this often

lead to additional drugs and procedures and greater decline of health.