Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIS burn 45 people to death in captured Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi

Western town al-Baghdadi captured by ISIS fighters last week 

Victims thought to be members of security forces and their families

Follows barbaric video of Jordanian pilot Lieutenant Muath al-Kaseasbeh 

Attack is only five miles from air base with 320 US Marines 

By KATE PICKLES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 13:15 EST, 17 February 2015 | UPDATED: 15:08 EST, 17 February 2015

Militants from Islamic State have burned 45 people to death in the western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi, according to the local police chief.

Col Qasim al-Obeidi said the motive was unknown but he believed some of the victims were members of the security forces.

He has pleaded for help from the government and international community and said the compound, which houses the families of security personnel and local officials, was now under attack. 

It follows the capture of al-Baghdadi, near Ain al-Asad air base, by ISIS fighters last week.

Captured: The western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi where a local police chief says 45 people have been burned to death in the latest brutal attack by ISIS

Captured: The western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi where a local police chief says 45 people have been burned to death in the latest brutal attack by ISIS

The unconfirmed reports have haunting similarities to the video published earlier this month, showing militants burning alive a Jordanian air force pilot, whose plane crashed in Syria in December.

Al-Baghdadi had been besieged for months by Islamic State fighters before its fall. It had been one of the few towns to still be controlled by the Iraqi government in Anbar province, where IS and allied Sunni Arab tribesmen launched an offensive in January 2014.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

the more i think on it the less sense it makes to me.  how can a band of thugs all of a sudden appear in less than 5 years and become the biggest threat to the middle east?!  the latest reports show that now egypt has gotten involved since isis beheaded over 20 egyptian coptic christians.  this threat has now picked a fight with how many countries at the same time and no one is able to put them down??  really?!  syria, iraq, saudi arabia, jordan, egypt, and the list keeps climbing but yet and still they thrive and continue to molest the peace of nationS.  who is backing this group because i am stretched to believe they are doing this all by themselves.  to attack a country is one thing but to be bold enough to attack multiple nations at the same time is unbelievable.

• Upvote 2

320 US Marines only 5 miles away???

Need I ask what idiot is holding them back?

Good grief... they must be beside themselves!  

the one thing i do believe is that obama played his cards well in this poker game.  before sending boots on the ground he has to be sure of a unified iraq or else he stands the risk of a divisive policy.  he can neither be pro shia nor pro sunni.  he must be pro iraq.  until iraq come to full reconciliation within their own governing body, you are a fool to run in to help.  it is like being a cop called out on a domestic violence dispute.  you have to enter that home very carefully...

I agree Trinity....this just doesn't seem realistic!  Are all these countries just waiting for the USA to send people in to clean it up?

i hope not.  our boys and girls have been through enough.  suicide rates are to the roof for our warfighters coming back from the iraq war.  this isis thing is just hard to understand for us westerners because the cultures in the east are just so dang different.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

the one thing i do believe is that obama played his cards well in this poker game.  before sending boots on the ground he has to be sure of a unified iraq or else he stands the risk of a divisive policy.  he can neither be pro shia nor pro sunni.  he must be pro iraq.  until iraq come to full reconciliation within their own governing body, you are a fool to run in to help.  it is like being a cop called out on a domestic violence dispute.  you have to enter that home very carefully...

i hope not.  our boys and girls have been through enough.  suicide rates are to the roof for our warfighters coming back from the iraq war.  this isis thing is just hard to understand for us westerners because the cultures in the east are just so dang different.

I agree 100 percent sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would never flatter them by calling them ISIS or ISIL

Daash has a 30 year plan and we don't even have a 1 year plan. This will go nuclear eventually. They don't need to get it through customs, just into the ports. And yet we do nothing about Iran's nuclear program.  Sure hope I'm wrong here.

Thanks Trinity

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

....but it gets even crazier.  so egypt is forced to respond to its citizens being executed and within hours, load up some jets, heads off into the sky, bombs the heck out of a isis spot in libya and fly back home.  does anybody else see the problem with this???  everybody knows where isis is.  they are not hard to find.  but yet they are not annihilated.  how not?!

things that make you go, "hmmmmm"   :facepalm:

I would never flatter them by calling them ISIS or ISIL

Daash has a 30 year plan and we don't even have a 1 year plan. This will go nuclear eventually. They don't need to get it through customs, just into the ports. And yet we do nothing about Iran's nuclear program.  Sure hope I'm wrong here.

Thanks Trinity

i shudder to think socaldinar.  and thanks for the daash correction...i agree

• Upvote 1

Well they can always say it's maliki and file a law suit saying maliki didn't defend iraq

Oh they might have to blame it on abadi now

What ever , who ever they blame it on maliki or abadi or obama , at least they can say , get a rope

I see people are volenteering to go fight isis in a Christian malitia now from around the world , so

I guess anyone who doesn't go is allowing it to happen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wait... What?  

The only "pro" anything I see from obama is pro-chaos. 

Using your own domestic dispute analogy... one of them just lit the other one ON FIRE.  Should the cops wait outside while the children burn too?  

It's BS politics keeping the good guys from destroying the bad guys.  I imagine those Marines are chomping at the bit to kick some ISIS ass!

• Upvote 4

I think the sunnis are rejecting shitte help and the kurds are rejecting the shittes in what they call "their territory "

It's all iraq which falls under the jurisdiction of the federal govt for security

If the Kurds end up getting their butts slaughtered then they will say it's the Feds fault because they didn't help them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What a bunch of freaking MORONS.

All your doing is PISSING OFF THE ENTIRE WORLD.

But hey keep it up, sooner or later everyone will call for the eradication of Islam

All together.

have to say, guys like me would love to show up, if they will let me have a gun.

I am trying so hard to listen to the word of the lord, read the bible,

but the more i see and read, like many i would love to take them to the gates of hell.

kick their azzes straight down the hole.

this world is making me so sick, and at the same point so angry.

no respect, no care, no love. just hate.

and i really hate to say, its every where.

god please protect the innocent, protect all, but lets send the evil back to where it belongs.

Govts is such a bunch of ?????? cant say it or granny will talk to me, but you know what i am thinking

• Upvote 3

It's BS politics keeping the good guys from destroying the bad guys.  I imagine those Marines are chomping at the bit to kick some ISIS ass!

i completely get what you are saying, but have you ever got between a dude and his girl having an argument or a fist fight?  there is literally no way of determining the outcome.  peacekeepers have tried to break up a fight, and try subduing the dude and the next thing the peacekeeper knows the dude's girl jumps on their back and start pounding the heck out of the peacekeeper's head for putting hands on her man.  domestic disputes is one of the riskiest engagements for a peacekeeper to step into.

imagine the worse case scenario.  the united states and shia iraqi's are ganged up on sunny iraqi's.  how do you ever live that down?

• Upvote 1

Abadi has had plenty of time now , he's got obama in his corner , something maliki didn't have

So why is this happening , because of maliki who hasn't been in control for 6 months ?

Who was collecting The ghost soldiers pay checks in the sunni run military bases in sunni territory , who now reject the shittes help in sunni territories

It gets to the point where it's to late

They lined up people in ditches and executed them , now they light them on fire

There is no negotiations for that

They really need to put them to sleep , cut off the water , electric , food , and ammunition

The terrorists are collecting the electricity bill payments from the citizens that come from the power plant at mosul dam that the good guys control

Take their refineries back cut off the feul they have for vehicles and generators

Their computers battery's will go dead

The cell phones will go dead

Cut off the dammmm supply linesc

Let food in that is very un- nutritional , run them down

No more pay checks for anyone from the govt in that part of the country and forget that inclusiveness untill they are out of terrorists control

No more negotiations except for their own heads delivered on a platter

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Zero tolerance , take no prisoners , send them all to hell in a hand basket. 

10000% agree, we have wanna be monkeys showing up all over the world now to hurt and mame. Kids in Halifax were setting up a valintines day massacre. They got caught, but will me out soon, 20 yrs old.

we have to put a stop to all this maddness and now, 

If the govt cant do it due to religions?? money?? opposition?? what ever, maybe some clearer thinking folks can.

I do know the differance between right and wrong,

My family gets hurt and or murdered,  i would not get all of them, but i most certainly would take a few with me.

god help all of us

Abadi has had plenty of time now , he's got obama in his corner , something maliki didn't have

So why is this happening , because of maliki who hasn't been in control for 6 months ?

Who was collecting The ghost soldiers pay checks in the sunni run military bases in sunni territory , who now reject the shittes help in sunni territories

It gets to the point where it's to late

They lined up people in ditches and executed them , now they light them on fire

There is no negotiations for that

They really need to put them to sleep , cut off the water , electric , food , and ammunition

The terrorists are collecting the electricity bill payments from the citizens that come from the power plant at mosul dam that the good guys control

Take their refineries back cut off the feul they have for vehicles and generators

Their computers battery's will go dead

The cell phones will go dead

Cut off the dammmm supply linesc

Let food in that is very un- nutritional , run them down

No more pay checks for anyone from the govt in that part of the country and forget that inclusiveness untill they are out of terrorists control

No more negotiations except for their own heads delivered on a platter

Now that's an idea no one has really thought of and implemented yet.  Make sure their food suppliy is nothing but McDonald's, Coca Cola and Digiorno's.  If bombs don't work then the next step is Diabetes and massive Coronaries for everyone!  I agree with DL, and I'm sure our strategists are trying to cut these people's communications, transportation, water, eletricity and food.  The big questions remain: Who exactly is helping them and why can't the world go after those individuals/countries as well???  Somebody's giving them what they need.  Take that source out and you take out their (ISIS) ability to be so effective.  Go get 'em! :salute:

• Upvote 1

It seems they are doing anything they can to draw a massive military response

Wonder what they have planned

Are they sitting on thousands of human shields , > yep

Is it possible they have a trap set up , or some kind of chemical weapon ready that they stole from Syria

It makes ya wonder why they moved away from isreal instead of into isreal for this movement

They must of decided , hey let's go kill some Muslims instead of Israelis

Jordan wants to help

Iran wants to help

Russia wants to help

France wants to help

Canada wants to help britan wants to help

Germany wants to help

So why aren't they overwhemingly surrounded right now , 6 months ago ?

Who's running the show ? Obama ? Abadi ?

• Upvote 1

I really think their should be a million troops there right now and curfews and Marshall law should be in effect until this is over , and let's get it over with , it should of been over with last June but someone didn't give a hoot when maliki was asking for help

They turned it into a political battle for control of iraq before anyone would help

Well any one besides russia and Iran

• Upvote 2