Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No RV until ISIS is gone.

cooked

Can someone explain to me how Iraq can rv their currency while isis is running amok in the country? Isis has reportedly stolen countless dinar from banks and other institutions. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine how any monetary move can be made until isis has been eradicated from the middle east. Can someone tell me how they can increase the value and immediately give the devil himself all that money? I am not saying it will never happen, I just do not see how it can happen any time soon. I know I sound like mister negative, but I think I am just being realistic. Please tell me how it can happen.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Freezing accounts, although that doesn't solve hard currency. Maybe a big push to find reserves. Possible shorter window to cash in while the troops bombard them for a few months. A challenge nontheless and definitely a good point cooked! But also we will never get it all so if the wait for them to be broke it may never happen. Not to mention they have gotten support and money for how long ? Bad guys will always find a way to get money.

Last point though, it would give Iraq a bigger budget too, and with that comes better military technology and supplies or perhaps just enough money to build a big ole fence!

• Upvote 1

Published : Today, 07:53 PM

The U.N Security Council has adopted a resolution aimed to choking the millions of dollar oil sales, antiquities, trafficking, and ransom payment earnings of the self described Islamic State group on Thursday.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196958-un-security-council-agrees-to-choke-is-funds/#ixzz3RdbbaSlk

• Upvote 3

Published : Today, 07:53 PM

The U.N Security Council has adopted a resolution aimed to choking the millions of dollar oil sales, antiquities, trafficking, and ransom payment earnings of the self described Islamic State group on Thursday.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196958-un-security-council-agrees-to-choke-is-funds/#ixzz3RdbbaSlk

Sadly I think that is nothing more that a paper tiger. Sounds good, but I think it will have little effect. Countries are going to circumvent the resolutions and buy what they want at the discounts without a second thought.

• Upvote 2

Plus, ISIS cowards will never be totally removed, destroyed, or eliminated.  Rebels will always roam the countryside in Iraq or any Arabian country.  The reason is complicated and at the same time simple.  "If the current administration is of a different sect of Islam than I am, I will fight until they are removed!" Their current politics is carried out by "demands," fighting for control, and killing the other party.  It is the only way they think that their group can gain back control.  

Pitiful politics, but real in the Islamic world.  They do not think like westerners, nor do we think like them.  Thus, there will always be a crisis and terrorist group working somewhere in the Islamic world.  

Iraq's present administration will "contain" and "control" the damage by the cowards of ISIS, but will not totally eliminate them. It will not effect the RV.

• Upvote 3

My hope is the HCL is passed, RV implemented and the Iraqi government withholds the HCL monies from ISIS controlled areas (which of course they will do)...then the common folk will say to ISIS:  "I am not getting my money, I keel you now..." ... but I think ISIS in reality is a non-factor to the RV...other than as a smoke-screen to keep the vast majority of people from looking at the Dinar/Country...or something like that...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Iraqi Bankers Say ISIS Never Stole $430 Million From Mosul Banks

JEREMY BENDER JUL. 17, 2014, 10:49 AM

Iraqi bankers says ISIS militants never stole $430 million from banks in Mosul, Borzou Daragahi of the Financial Times reports.

The internet had been saturated with rumors since ISIS captured Mosul that the militant group raided the city's financial institutions and stole close to $430 million.

Iraqi officials, including prominent former exile Ahmed Chalabi, have been cited in international media detailing the heist and lending credence to the story.

However, according to Iraqi bankers, this story still remains unconfirmed and unlikely.

“Nobody until now has confirmed that story,” Atheel al­Nujaifi, governor of Nineveh province which includes Mosul, told the Financial Times.

Alaa Karam Allah, the CEO of Iraq's United Bank for Investment, corroborated that view. According to Allah, the bank's branch in Mosul continued to work normally and had not suffered any assault.

"Not a single center had been stolen from the bank. Isis never put a hand on the money," Talal Ibrahim, the executive director of the private Union Bank of Iraq, told the Financial Times.

Banks in Mosul reportedly remain open and are guarded by their own private security forces.

Tellingly, ISIS itself has never claimed to have seized money from any institution in the city. ISIS has bragged, though, of its seizure of millions of dollars worth of US military equipment from the Iraqi military after it fled the city.

Among the equipment ISIS ransacked in Mosul were 1,500 U.S.­supplied Humvees and 52 American made howitzers.

-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to invest my life savings in real estate in mosol right before the ground attack next month

I'm buying strip malls and restaurants and movie theaters I hear they are going for next to nothing since the terrorists live in them for now

I should be able to clean up once their gone

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

They should just pretend like they are doing a currency exchange and when the terrorists come to rob them it could just be a car bomb instead

You know , some of the iraqi good guys could just blow themselves up like the terrorists do

They say it's honorable to blow your self up, how come the good guys aren't doin it ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can someone explain to me how Iraq can rv their currency while isis is running amok in the country? Isis has reportedly stolen countless dinar from banks and other institutions. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine how any monetary move can be made until isis has been eradicated from the middle east. Can someone tell me how they can increase the value and immediately give the devil himself all that money? I am not saying it will never happen, I just do not see how it can happen any time soon. I know I sound like mister negative, but I think I am just being realistic. Please tell me how it can happen.

With all due respect, Adam has addressed this in many of his chats, including the latest.  Thread Closed.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yep how come the police don't use car bombs in those muslim countrys

Say if there's a big gang fight a couple cop cars show up and blow themselves up

They wouldn't be concidered cowards if the cops went around enforcing the the law by blowing themselves up right

Those people respect those suicide bombers

Heck saddam was sending checks to the family of suicide bombers 25, 000 each

Hey if your kid blows himself up , you get 25,000.

Geez they would be lining up their kids

Yep some of those isis check points in mosul need a taste of their own medicine

25 thousand

That's three years pay over there

It could be concidered normal law enforcement procedure

A lot cheaper than the billions it's costing now

They would be hero martyrs

Sadly I think that is nothing more that a paper tiger. Sounds good, but I think it will have little effect. Countries are going to circumvent the resolutions and buy what they want at the discounts without a second thought.

Yes we have seen quite a few paper tigers in recent years just propaganda

But the un will impose these sanctions

They move slow real slow

Look how long it took to get anything done in iraq

They been reforming the banks since 2003

They been working on joining the WTO since 2003

They been working on a oil law since 2003

What else never gets done ?

Yep security will never be done until they start public hanging and burial with pigs

Any terrorist caught should be buried with a ground up hog

They would hate me as a leader

But even saddam had quite a few followers

Enough that outside forces had to go liberate them

Free money for everybody

What a political campaign I could run

You give me a thousand dollars and I'll turn it into a million

If get every vote

I'd be a hero

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a bit amazed that people can ALWAYS seem to believe BAD news (ISIS is XYZ) and ignore good news claiming "that's a paper tiger" kind of claims...

I'm a bit amazed how some people can believe only the good news and put their head in the sand when bad news is reported. I'm a realist and try to assess all information available not just the good news.

• Upvote 5

Right now on CNN they are showing live fighting  "isis at perimeter of base with U.S. troops inside" is the caption under their breaking now banner. Basically lots of bombing and ISIS trying to take over a city they used to have total control of. Retired military general Zinni  is saying it will be 18 months to 2 years before Iraqi troops are trained well enough to handle ISIS. He says the U.S. should provide a couple of brigades. He says 10,000 troops total. very interesting.

so cooked, you are not off base here. 

What my burning question is, why aren't the moslem countries helping Jordan out? Why is this falling on the western countries again.

• Upvote 1

Right now on CNN they are showing live fighting "isis at perimeter of base with U.S. troops inside" is the caption under their breaking now banner. Basically lots of bombing and ISIS trying to take over a city they used to have total control of. Retired military general Zinni is saying it will be 18 months to 2 years before Iraqi troops are trained well enough to handle ISIS. He says the U.S. should provide a couple of brigades. He says 10,000 troops total. very interesting.

so cooked, you are not off base here.

What my burning question is, why aren't the moslem countries helping Jordan out? Why is this falling on the western countries again.

Because Saudi Arabia wants it that way! How else could they force the caliphate to happen?

I find it funny that the US & Allies spent untold billions and many months/years training & eqiuping the Iraq Army for our departure!

At the first sign of trouble - they disappear into Baghdad or who knows where?

Now we are doing the exact same thing AGAIN!

Stupidity - doing the exact same thing over & over again, hoping for a different result! LOL :(

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 1

I find it funny that the US & Allies spent untold billions and many months/years training & eqiuping the Iraq Army for our departure!

Stupidity - doing the exact same thing over & over again, hoping for a different result! LOL :(

Stupid is as stupid does.

We just love giving money to people that hate us.

Imagine what we could do with the money they give to other countries. Sad our government likes to help all the wrong people.

• Upvote 1

No, that's ignorance.

It's beyond stupidity.

Wm13