Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

private sector initiative

rockfl9

Hopefully expected  something positive But not

The problem is complex.  They need employment outside of government and oil.

What could it be??  

If they are forced to layoff people they will be adrain on the gov't.

They have wasted 10 years of development.

A skills gap.

What have the schools been doing?

They been changing legislation to support a market economy

But for the most part " infighting in parliment" it took ten years to get the kurds to agree on the oil and quit trucking it out

It's now metered

They have had sectarian violence up until and including today since the invasion in 2003

The most important thing was to get the oil production up and running and stop pipeline bombing

They had to train a military to stop it

They had to train a police forces

They had to set up a educational program

They had to set up a banking sector that complied with basil

They had to deal with the U.S. govt up till the beginning of 2013 and still do

They are pressured buy the clerics to do things they are pressured by the sunnis and the kurds and when they don't get what they want they create more problems

It will grow slowly , it was a battle getting this far , and will be a battle going further road blocs will be an issue for the next 200 years in iraq just like they are everywhere

Political hackery will be part of the landscape just like it is everywhere else

If people think iraq is some kind of beacon on the hill for everyone to look up to as an example of statesmen ship they got a whole lot of learning to do

Sit back put on your seat belt

Iraq needs another 200 years just to become as pitiful as our govt is

What do ya think the history books are going to say a hundred years from now about the kurds episode when they tried to ship out iraqi oil unsuccessfully and finally came to the table ?

Write up that scenario for us to read

What about the sunnis waving like its some kind of parade as isis invades iraq

How's that going to be read in the history books

Malik did it I suppose

They got something to work with because they got the oil up and running

Now move on dot org and nancy pelosi has stepped up the campaign blame game , a chapter out of obamas book

Just blame it on someone else

I wasn't born with any skills

But I knew I could be a helper when I was young

Carpet layer helper

Carpenter helper

Brick layer helper

Roofer helper

I have done and learned so many things in my life because I was willing to start out at the bottom and just do what I was told

Eventually I was able to lay carpet by my self , didn't take long , a couple weeks to learn

Eventually I was hanging sheet rock that took about a day to learn

Then. I got into tape and float then painting

Carpentry and the rest plumbing what ever

It's up to people to apply themselves not cry it's the govts fault

After I hung sheet rock long enough that I knew what I was doing I applied for jobs as an experienced sheet rock guy

What is so hard about that

I did the same thing in machine shops , as I prigressed I renegotiated my skills at different employers , and working for so many different employers I learned lots of different things from each of them

Then I became one of the best there is because most people worked at one place their whole life and they had limited experiences

As an adult I have skills in many things and can take care of myself quite well with out blaming someone else

A lesson obama and the Iraqis need to learn

And finally, with 6,028 votes, the winner by a landslide and our official Explainer Question of the Year for 2009:

How would the law punish Siamese twins if one of the twins committed murder without the other being involved?

The answer: No one knows.

Especially if one was facing the death penalty