Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly - 11 February 2015

Adam Montana

Gooooood morning everyone!

After a crazy rush of excitement early this year, we seem to 
have stalled out a little... but I'm not worried. The positives are 
pretty plain to see - Budget approved amazingly fast, as opposed 
to last year when they NEVER passed one! 

If this had happened at any time in the last 12 years, we would 
have been seeing contrary statements from the "other side", but 
we are seeing less and less of an "other side"... they are truly 
working together and moving the ship forward. 

Abadi just continues to impress me!

The next step is to publish the Budget in the Gazette, and that 
should happen any day now as it's been announced that the President 
has signed off on it. 

:twothumbs:

Unfortunately, the HCL wasn't passed since my last weekly, so
we're still here talking about it. :P

Now let's talk about some GOOD stuff! If you're in the mood for 
some encouraging news, check out the 3rd post in this thread:

That sounds to me like the CBI is preparing to open the doors 
and do some business!

A little food for thought... does this announcement by the CBI 
have anything to do with the ISX jumping like it did? :eyebrows:

Do people in the know, know things we don't know? I guess we 
will see!

Now for the weekly Q&A!

====================================

fredst  Good morning.I have an off-the-wall question.Could the (supposed) impending return of Dr. Shabbi to the CBI have any effect on the timing of an announcement?  Now, the 6 most repeated words on DV...Thank you for all you've done!

Dr. Shabbs has always had my respect as an intelligent and capable person - if that's what's going on, I'm sure there's a good reason.

My main focus right now is on the HCL. :twocents:

Iceberg Hello Adam,  Thanks for keeping us current on events! I have a question as well that maybe off the beat and path! I'm pretty sure that my dinar is authentic Iraqi currency post Saddam. Once an RV is announced, what is stopping greedy individuals that we are dealing with from declaring that ones currency is counterfeit??? Call me craZy, but I see a lot of bank officials doing unscrupulous things to get ahead!

Can you give a brief scenario on how the process should go. If my dinar is declared counterfeit, will I be allowed to seek a second opinion????????

Hmm... ok, I'll admit that it *could* happen. As long as you're going to a bank with a DeLaRue machine on hand, and you witness the counting and confirming, I don't think that's a major concern for us.

YOLO Hey Adam! Do you recommend a certain note-denomination of the Dinar..?  I have the $5Ks, $10Ks & $25Ks notes.  All I hold is the hard currency.  Do you recommend purchasing lower denominations....or are we relatively safe with those listed above..?

In addition, would you mind commenting on the Dong?

I'm completely comfortable with any size denomination. If you want to diversify for future uses (like buying gold in small and large pieces), then by all means get some lower denoms. But they will all exchange equally.

dylham Hi Adam, Im live in Australia. I hold dual citizenship im from Ireland and also have Australian citizenship. My question is would i benefit from been in VIP not being in the US? Thanks in advance:-)

We have a good number of Australian VIPS! Check this link here - it's for anyone outside the US: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33392-is-vip-for-canadians-or-any-other-nationality/

TexAg91 Adam,  Given all of the activity coming out of Iraq over the last 6-8 weeks, what are your current thoughts about the timing of an RV?  With all of your study and contacts providing you insight, are you optimistic that it would, barring something catastrophic, occur during Q1 or Q2 of this year?

Well... I try not to go into dates, but this has been THE most exciting time we have seen EVER! So... step 1, publish the budget. Step 2, HCL. Step 3, RV.

Once they get back to work on the HCL, we should know more, and I see that happening fairly quick. :twothumbs: 

============ To be Continued... ========================

• Upvote 21
  • Downvote 4

jpriceisright What do you make of Abadi saying, twice, that Iraq has set aside 5 billion iraqi dinars which would be almost 450,000,000 USD for rebuilding? 

I think Abadi is a very smart man... not only that, you know how you could never really trust anything that came out of Maliki's mouth? I don't get that feeling from Abadi. The guy just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I believe he has Iraq's best interest at heart, he's doing great things to catapult the country to prosperity, and if that money is part of his plan... well, then I like it.

new york kevin Thinking ahead, what is the area code going to be for the phone number that is going to be used to call us about the RV? I am asking because I ignore a bunch of calls with area codes from all over the US trying to sell me stuff I dont need. I do not want to accidently ignore your call to me, thats all. Also thanks for what you do.

As long as you have voicemail or an answering machine, a message will be left.

If you don't check your messages, I can't help you there. :lol:

waitingondinar Adam, I have read so much conflicting news lately. One article said that there is no rv/RI and that the rate would just grow over the years. Your thoughts on this.  Also, Iraq such a rich country, don't you think it would at least come out .50 +?  Do you feel Abadi will begin to show rate on Thursday as stated in his earlier information for publication?  Thank you

I don't think it was an "article" that said there would not be an RV - that had to be an opinion. I don't comment on "opinions". My opinion on the rate is well known, so I won't address the .50+ question. And if Abadi wants to make an announcement on Thursday, I'll be happy to let him! But I'm not going to predict a date. :)

speculator2  We heard Abadi saying TWICE that 5 billion Dinars, or $440 million dollars will be spent on reconstruction.  The math show this to be 0.088 dollars to the dinar.  So, did he give us the rate...?

:lol: I'm still not doing the rate thing! But thanks for the post! :D

waitingondinar   Hi Adam,  I read an blurb stating the only dinar being affected are the circulated dinars in Iraq. 

If you're talking about an "in country" RV, where only the dinar in Iraq are given a higher value, you can ignore those blurbs. It won't happen.

dwells92250 Adam,        I read something recently which said that we cannot expect an RV to take place until the country of Iraq was "more secure".  It does make sense that they would not want to RV prior to having ISIS well under control.  I know we can never trust our news outlets here in the US to provide the real picture.  I did read today in Foxnews.com that Iraq is asking for additional military support from the US.  Based on your sources and on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being very secure, where do you believe that the country of Iraq is as a whole in terms of their security?  I do appreciate your thoughts and no I am not asking for a time frame.  After all the time that we have needed to wait, I know we will eventually see the day. Thank you.

I actually get this question a lot more than you'd think... the problem with the media is they don't show the good stories. Notice how we're hearing less and less about ISIS taking control of towns and cities, like we were hearing non-stop a few months back? I noticed that too - it's because ISIS is simply not being effective in "taking over". I believe they could use some more support, the US ought to be bombing them back to the stone age like Ted Cruz suggested, and other countries should be involved too... but in spite of the lack of US support, ISIS is losing.

TexasMike1958 HI Adam.....I thought the HCA was on the agenda for Tuesday???  I am getting frustrated that this blessing is just not coming in the near future.  There always seems to be delays and setbacks. Last week the articles were very clear that the HCA would be read in this session TODAY.  Didn't happen.  Wonder what their excuse is this time.  Thank you for everything you and your staff do.

It seems the budget took precedence this last week. I hope to see the HCA/L back on the agenda shortly. :twothumbs:

chess ADAM:  Just a comment....the security measures now imbedded in the newest 25K's are very hi-tech plus!

And why would they do that if they were going to scrap them all and delete the 0's? They wouldn't! 

:twothumbs:

==============================

That's it for now... Go HCL, and GO RV!!!!!

:tiphat:
  • Upvote 12

A little food for thought... does this announcement by the CBI 

have anything to do with the ISX jumping like it did? :eyebrows:

thanks for the post Adam.  i am confused though on this jump in the ISX being referenced.  all of my reports show another down day in the markets, index drop of (4.7%)  asia cell being the biggest loser at over (9%).  

TrinityeXchange,

Morning Brother, I commented on this in ISX section earlier. I believe it's just a correction from Monday's 30% drop. I do not possess my tools though this morning to see. I do know foreign investors jumped on HBAY in a substantial amount.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Adam - Well back to the drawing board - I seen article that there is a special comittee assigned to address the oil agreement in the coming days - It might take them months/years to pass the HCL - I not undertanding why they have to keep assigning special groups and taking time off to address this issue - How long can they drag their tails on this?  If the budget is passed into law, don't they have to pay the shares of oil revenue to the Kurds?  How will they be able to pay with worthless Dinar?  Just not making any sense to me.....

• Upvote 1