Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Really thought we would have heard more from the meeting they had on the 10th

Sort of disappointed.  Thought we would have heard more from what was accomplished in the meeting on the 10th.  They got the budget signed and from what I understand it now has to be posted in gazette.  Ok.....now what are we waiting on? What's next? When is the next meeting and what is suppose to be addressed?  I feel like I'm hanging over a cliff on a very thin rope.

• Upvote 7

We all know that feeling.  Parliment comes back the 12th I believe, then we should be getting more news on laws and other things that need to be voted on.  All we can do is wait, pary and hope for the best.  most of us needed or could have used this years ago, but here we are.  Just don't lose hope and hang in there.

• Upvote 6

The budget has nothing to do with the RV.

NEVER HAS.

People tie these things together EVERY YEAR and there's no RV after the budget is finalized.

I don't think we'll know the fate of the budget til AT LEAST the end of NEXT WEEK!!

Just watch..... they're gonna drag this out.

• Upvote 4

IMO this year is different. While I agree with Reinman...the budget is not a guarantee that the RV is happening now...never has been.

This year is different because this is Abadi's first Budget and there is talk of HCL passing and an implementation date for the HCL.

I think Abadi is making a ton of progress TON and it is out in the open..we are seeing the results of his work.

I do not win friends when I say I still think that it is still gonna be a while. Maliki has mess things up bad..and not to mention stole a crap ton of currency.

I think we are making progress, but to compare the time that Maliki took to drive Iraq backwards...I applaud Abadi. He has a ton of work to do..not just with the banking and the entire country.  

(cat jumps off the soapbox)

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

If Iraq doesn't RV next month, we go to 2016. IMHO. I also believe the budget has nothing to do with the RV! Remember everybody said there was going to be the R V after they got out of chapter 7! No R V! same thing here. Every guru on the planet is saying, once budget passed, an R V was coming. I sure hope so but I'm not holding my breath. Adam has said all along the H C L must be passed first. It still has not be passed as far as I know of. Adam says this budget has nothing to do with H C L! No H C L no RV! There is no telling when these Iraq fools will do this. I know this is not what everybody wants to hear, me included! I sure hope I'm wrong! No intel, three letter agencies, nothing, just my gut feeling is, we will be here this time next year wondering what went wrong! :twocents:  :confused2:

• Upvote 2

IMO this year is different. While I agree with Reinman...the budget is not a guarantee that the RV is happening now...never has been.

This year is different because this is Abadi's first Budget and there is talk of HCL passing and an implementation date for the HCL.

I think Abadi is making a ton of progress TON and it is out in the open..we are seeing the results of his work.

I do not win friends when I say I still think that it is still gonna be a while. Maliki has mess things up bad..and not to mention stole a crap ton of currency.

I think we are making progress, but to compare the time that Maliki took to drive Iraq backwards...I applaud Abadi. He has a ton of work to do..not just with the banking and the entire country.  

Hope You're okay there Snow...

psu515W.gif

Next time try taking a step first ...

• Upvote 2

Know how you feel Deb. I was really hoping they would address the HCA in today's meeting. Abadi was firm on saying it needed to get taken care of last week in some articles. Been in this a long time, and just wish they would get it done and over with. Hoping and praying Thursday brings some HCL talk!

I'm sorry ...  these were too funny to pass up !!

6346_9569.gif   ZiFb1rL.gif

Almost ...                                                                                               Great extension Snow ...

• Upvote 4

There isn't one specific singular thing that the "supposed RV" hinges on; and I say supposed because no one can prove without a shadow of a doubt that Iraq is going to revalue their currency in the way we all want them to (overnight 100,000% instant appreciation in relation to the US dollar).

We just have to keep waiting, and speculating. It's all we can do.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There isn't one specific singular thing that the "supposed RV" hinges on; and I say supposed because no one can prove without a shadow of a doubt that Iraq is going to revalue their currency in the way we all want them to (overnight 100,000% instant appreciation in relation to the US dollar).

We just have to keep waiting, and speculating. It's all we can do.

True, but I guess sometimes we just need that little bit of hope to keep hanging on without going insane. Back when we were waiting on them to get out of chapter 7, that was our goal that gave us hope. Now, the HCL is the goal we are working towards. Even though the RV may not follow the HCL getting passed...it gives us a goal. This has been such a long ride for so many of us and we tend to cling to every little bit of good news in order to keep us hopeful in this investment. (Hope that makes sense)

• Upvote 4

True, but I guess sometimes we just need that little bit of hope to keep hanging on without going insane. Back when we were waiting on them to get out of chapter 7, that was our goal that gave us hope. Now, the HCL is the goal we are working towards. Even though the RV may not follow the HCL getting passed...it gives us a goal. This has been such a long ride for so many of us and we tend to cling to every little bit of good news in order to keep us hopeful in this investment. (Hope that makes sense)

Been a 10 year ride and counting !!!!

I agree a making a budget doesn't have to mean they will rv

But reading about zimbabwe when they restructured their new currency it was released with the budget

They deleted like 12 zeros and released a new currency that had a new exchange rate with the budget

Iraq had talked about deleting three zeros and shabbs argued that deleting zeros should be done at the beginning of the year

And the mof said in 2013 that they coukdnt delete three zeros in the middle of the year because the " budget " was already in current dinars

So I remember waiting till 2014 because I figuredthis has to be it , in the budget this year 2014 we will see something

But iraq never passed a budget in 2014

So now it's time for the 2015 budget , which I know budgets are not there to change the currency , but it could change with the budget

It's happened in the past

Ok any way I'm curious as anyone to see the new budget

It won't take but a few seconds to know if any changes were made before it was signed

Who knows maybe it's an " executive " decision and no one knows about it except a few people

Still like I said I'm curious

But for the most part budgets are not known for anything but allocating funds

Will it be or won't it be the end of this ride

I have no idea and it's supposed to be that way if they are up to some kind of revaluation

If they pull it off , they are a lot smarter than I gave them credit for

mmmmmmm   that  budget  thingy !    we  need  too look out  side of the  box , when  talking about the budget ,   { first  time  I really  see   ,don`t lop  ,  on  the topic  that  I can  hold on too ,   with  a  little  ray of hope  that is  !  }    we need to  kind of stop  thinking  in the  , now  , and  21 st   century  technology , when it  comes  to this  kind of  decision  ,   { j ,m,o, }     but ,  lets look at who is  making  the call , on  currency  values ....   I think  central bank   has  the  power to make  the values  change ,  but  I do think they must   talk too someone  else  before  they do it ......   now  the budget  comes in ,  they  passed  the budget ,  say  25.oo   budget  just  to make it easy ,   they plan to spend  15.oo   of it on  Iraqi  stuff ,  with  a  cushion  of  10 .oo   for  unexpected  things  to come up ......   now if  they  increase  the value  of dinar  up  too 1  to 1  values  ,,,,   that  whole  25.oo  budget  they just  approved  has   now  been crippled  by  the  need  too cover  the   new  money  ,  remember   the budget  has   in it  ,  payment  plans   for  retired  folks,  and  dead  folks , and  for the children of dead  folks  ,   :shrug:   pensions  I guess ......   now  if they went  from  1165  dinar   too 1 dollar  value  dinar  ,    the  budget  and  the whole  economic  picture  just  went  down    in  a  big  way  { sunk  the whole  reserves   and central bank  }    ............   now  when  dr. shabbibbi  , mentioned  first of the year  on  currency revalues ,  I think  he  might  mean ,  ----  1 st  quarter  time lines ,  which  is    3  or  4  months   from  January 1st   .......   but  will   take   sides  with   airitech ,   if  we  haven`t seen  it  by middle of this year ,  july-ish  ,  then  lets   say  ----------  2017   for  an  extended    time line  for them  too  gain  control  of  those  nay-sayers    in  the   currency  committees  who  think  ,  not  the  right  time  too take  zero`s  off      thanks  katy 45    good  topic      

I think we are making progress, but to compare the time that Maliki took to drive Iraq backwards...I applaud Abadi. He has a ton of work to do..not just with the banking and the entire country.  (cat jumps off the soapbox)

SnowGlobe7, so sorry I didn't mean to neg you. Just scrolling and hit it. So sorry :(

If Iraq doesn't RV next month, we go to 2016

End Quote

I hate to say it but it certainly looks that way.  I am hoping that there is a change, .10, 1.00, heck, even 3.00, by the end of March!  Get the HCL implemented and RV!

• Upvote 2