Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: I will announce next week a new initiative to strengthen the Iraqi economy

yota691

After watching the speech.....I think we got a peak of the cat in the bag that almost got out. Notice how he stumbles on the 440 million while reading the teleprompter. I bet it had the .88 that would have put it at 4,400,000,000 and he suddenly realized he could not say that yet, so he dropped a zero and said 440,000,000. The US spends 5 billon a month on our military in Afghanistan and Iraq. 440,000,000 for the year would not do much.

I agree, he kind of stumbled....so we can only guess he is saying some where between  appx 9 cent and 89 cent..........if you have alot of dinar neither one is ugly..........just one is better than the other...........but hey i'm not greedy.

I have been in this game for roughly 6 years and if there is one(1) thing I have learned for certain:

The Iraqis say much but act little and then takes months.

I sure Hope and Pray that this time will be different because of Internal Affairs over there!

And if ,dolittle Maliki was still in charge I would feel 100% the way you do.............This is Abadi's first rodeo, lets watch him finish his first ride.

• Upvote 1

You might want to go to 29 minutes and listen closely to what he says - putting .  5billion dinar, about 440million USD aside - do the math. It is 1 dinar= .088

:cowboy2:

Yup...he states it right at the 29 minute mark as you mentioned and 440 million divided by 5 billion = .088.   Hopefully, if it comes out at .088, it will increase FAST with a float. 

After watching the speech.....I think we got a peak of the cat in the bag that almost got out. Notice how he stumbles on the 440 million while reading the teleprompter. I bet it had the .88 that would have put it at 4,400,000,000 and he suddenly realized he could not say that yet, so he dropped a zero and said 440,000,000. The US spends 5 billon a month on our military in Afghanistan and Iraq. 440,000,000 for the year would not do much.

I don't know, shydude, I watched it a number of times and I didn't see the stumble.  I sincerely hope that you are correct and I am wrong!  

Sorry, I heard he say 5 million dinars instead of 5 billion dinars. Look at his lips and try to say out million and billion, you will understand what I meant.

He stumble because he realise the script has typo error.

Do you realize how silly that is?  5 million dinars is not even $5,000 USD at the current rate of exchange, and it certainly wouldn't equate to 440million USD.

:facepalm1:

You might want to go to 29 minutes and listen closely to what he says - putting 5billion dinar, about 440million USD aside - do the math. It is 1 dinar= .088

Yeah. You're right. He did say that and it works out to 8.8 US cents. :eyebrows:

But it sounds like a load of Huey to me. Or a mistake.  Cause he also said they could'nt afford to fight off Isis and would be asking for international help.  

I won't be wasting any of my precious energy guessing what they are going to do until they actually do something.  If you check the CBI it still says 1166. So I call BS. 

He neither stumbled nor did he change anything that was printed. For one, Abadi does not have that authority??? Second they have this things planned to the T. It is what it is for now. Abadi is straight shooter in my book. :confused2:

He neither stumbled nor did he change anything that was printed. For one, Abadi does not have that authority??? Second they have this things planned to the T. It is what it is for now. Abadi is straight shooter in my book. :confused2:

Seems kind of bizzare to me. They shouldn't be telegraphing the rate. Maybe they just want to prop up the currency by pumping people to buy more.

I still believe Adabi is a big improvement over Maliki.

It's a shame this guys speech writer doesn't know the exchange rate for the dinar to dollars

It would actually be 4.4 million dollars for 5 billion dinars

Not 440 million

And abadi just reading his promoter doesn't catch it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a shame this guys speech writer doesn't know the exchange rate for the dinar to dollars

It would actually be 4.4 million dollars for 5 billion dinars

Not 440 million

And abadi just reading his promoter doesn't catch it

And that adds up to the familiar .00088 Hit the reciprical and you get 1136.36

It's s rediculous arguement

If ya think this utube is giving you the real exchange rate from the leader of what ever they are

Then good

Go mortgage your home and borrow as much as you can and get all your relatives and friends and neighbors and their friends and relatives and neighbors and all of you go buy up a few hundred billion iraqi dinars

Hey he said it on utube

• Downvote 1