Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

obama Insults Christianity to Excuse Radical Islam

Whatshername

Why Our President Chose to Insult Christianity and Excuse Militant Islam at the National Prayer Breakfast

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I have a question, ladies and gentlemen. You go to the National Prayer Breakfast, and you're president of the United States. You go to the National Prayer Breakfast, today -- the National Prayer Breakfast!  There are, in attendance, thousands of Christians of one denomination or another.  Fundamentalists, evangelicals, Protestants, Catholics, the whole gamut.  Why would you insult them?  Why would you attempt to downplay militant Islam.

Why would you attempt to downplay Islamist extremism? Why would you attempt to put in perspective the actions being taken today by Al-Qaeda and ISIS and Boko Haram and the Khorasan Group and all of the rest of them by claiming that just as many atrocities have taken place in the name of Christ? Why in the world would you make that point?  Why in the world would you even be thinking that way? 

ObamaPrayerHighHorse.jpgWhy in the world, when you are going to the National Prayer Breakfast, would your number one focus point be to insult the attendees?  What in the world must have gone through Obama's head?  "At the National Prayer Breakfast today, President Obama reminded attendees that violence rooted in religion is not exclusive to Islam, but it has been carried out by Christians as well."  Let's go to the audio sound bites.  We have three.  Here's the first.

OBAMA:  We have seen violence and terror perpetrated by those who profess to stand up for faith, their faith.  Professed to stand up for Islam, but in fact are betraying it.  Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history.  And lest we get on our high horse and think this is (pause) unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ.  In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ.

RUSH:  Now, look, folks, Christianity is not the problem today.  Jim Crow's not around today.  A thousand years ago, yeah.  But not today.  Sharia law is the present day threat to individual and civil liberties all over the world.  Sharia is not a narrow cult.  Sharia law is Islam.  The problem today is not Christianity.  The problem today is that people are being killed, captured, conquered to advance and impose Sharia law.  The Christians are doing no such thing, and haven't I don't know if ever, on this scale, and for how long. 

I don't know of a single Christian leader today who takes the past and uses it as an excuse to blast Christians today.  Why in the world would that even be on your mind. And not just that, why would that be among the top of the things on your mind?  What is this business about "lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place"?  High horse?  Who among us is running around here on our high horse, if not for the president of the United States? 

Who is it, among all of us in this country, who doesn't seem to realize or want to admit the great threat that we all face today?  It's not a thousand years ago! Who is it that simply doesn't want to be or can't be honest about the modern day, about the present day?  Why in the world is this even on his mind?  Why show up and know that this is going to be taken as an insult.  I have long believed -- and I've shared with you this belief -- that this man is not at all who everybody thought he was in 2008.

We've even got Andrew Young at the prayer breakfast today. He said the world has never been in this bad shape. Has the world ever been in this bad shape?  Take you back 2008 in that campaign and remember what we were all told about the Obama candidacy and a potential Obama presidency, and that is what?  Do you remember, folks?  If one word will suffice, it was "unity."  We were all gonna be unified! 

Finally we were gonna get rid of these base disagreements, large and small.  The world was once again going to love the United States of America.  We had successfully vanquished the irresponsible cowboy, George W. Bush, and his henchmen, **** Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.  Yes, we'd finally sent them out to the great pasture in the sky, and now here came a man unlike any America had ever seen -- entering the political world, unlike that world had ever seen.

We were going to end climate change! The sea levels were going to stop rising preponderate (not that they ever were).  This man was given the Nobel Peace Prize before he had his first dinner in the White House, and look at the world today.  The world was going to love us. We were no longer going to have any racial strife in America.  We were not gonna have any strife, because we were now going to have a new kind of politics, where there were no blue states and there were no red states and there were no Republicans and there were no Democrats.

There were just us, all finally unified and together in a single purpose. 

That single purpose being unity and love for each other and for the world. We're gonna close Club Gitmo, we're gonna stop torturing people, we're gonna stop taking prisoners, we're gonna stop this ceaseless march of the United States as a superpower all over the world. We were going to finally recognize our place in the world, and that place in the world is not as a superpower but just one of any number of other hundreds of nations.

There was no longer going to be anything special about us.

Read much more...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/02/05/why_our_president_chose_to_insult_christianity_and_excuse_militant_islam_at_the_national_prayer_breakfast

• Upvote 6

What comes out of his mouth just sickens me to the core.  Nobel Peace Prize my @#$.  Nothing but division and hate from him in the form of charisma, and crooked tongue. 

Christians need to get on the band wagon and start protecting our religious freedom.  Do not turn a blind eye on his verbiage, meaningless words.

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 5

"RUSH:  I'm just asking the question, but beyond all that, I'm just asking the question: Why, of all places and at all times, at the National Prayer Breakfast, come up with a way of speaking, praying, whatever, that is going to insult the thousands of attendees?  Why would you do that?  Oh, there's no question... Folks, in answering my hypothesis, my question here, you understand the thousands of attendees at the National Prayer Breakfast were not the audience for Obama's comments today.  Oh, you might have been there, and you might have been seated there, and you might have seen Obama, and you might have heard him speak, but you were not to whom he was speaking, if that helps you understand what really happened today."

He comes across as a patronizing traitor as he assures the left and moderate Muslims that he is still on track to 'fundamentally transform America.'

• Upvote 4

I think it is well past time for us to impeach and get rid of this traitor. He does not speak for me, nor for the country I love. And the sooner we get him our of OUR White House, the sooner we can get someone in there who will treat our country, our citizens, and our real friends with consideration and respect. I am sick and tired of our so-called, quasi-president having to be hunted down on a golf course when we have so much important business that he ignores.  And above all, I'm sick and tired of him trying to be in charge of everything, trying to take over and own our homes, our churches, our communities, out states,our congress, and our very lives.  I am also very tired of him being so touchy and class-less that he is always trying to get even with someone about something he didn't like, but took personally. He is a spoiled brat with no conscience who favors the Muslim religion, and hates America.  And now that he doesn't have a future election to preserve, I want him out of our White House and Oval Office before he can do even worse damage. I want his dirty, disrespectful feet off the Resolution Desk in our Oval Office. Then I want him to be denied any federal money for the rest of his tacky little life. He and his wife have both had their hands in America's till during the entire last six years, spending a shocking several million dollars that belong to hard-working citizens for his own and his families' personal vacations in just the six years he has already been in office. And when all of this is done, I want to never see him or his slimy wife again.

Then I want a president who will both rebuild and respect our military.  I want a president who will respect the taxpayers of our great nation, who will treat the office of President with respect, and who will put America first. I want a president who never in this lifetime allows Al Sharpton back in our White House. I want a president who will not whine about white Americans being so prejudiced, but who will simply allow all Americans their chances, their opportunities, to rise to their highest level, who supports higher education so all Americans can support themselves and their children instead of staying home and having child after child so the rest of us must support them. I want a president who supports business in this country so that all Americans can find a good job, and one whose own morals are high enough that he/she can assume the high mantle of leadership in creating the way for the rest of us to follow.  I want a president who will treat all Americans with respect, while expecting all of them to earn their own way in this wonderful country. I want a leader who respects our country, who salutes our flag, and who loves this country as much as I do.

There.  That ought to do it.

• Upvote 5

Looking at history - there has been violence from Christians against Muslims in the past! Recent violence from Muslims against Christians is fresh on everyone's memories!

Not being a fan of Obummer, I have to admit that he is correct. He might have selected a more favorable venue to voice his opinions but truth is sometimes unwelcome. LOL

• Downvote 11

Gymrat - you might want to view the video Texas Granny put up - it clearly illustrates the imbalance of Jihad against Jews and Christians.  There is no moral equivalency between the conquering and enslaving force of Jihad and the force used by Christians to rescue enslaved Jews and Christians while defending Europe against imperialistic Islam.

WHN - Dang, great minds think alike!   :tiphat:

Edited by George Hayduke
  • Upvote 3

1. The Crusades

The Crusades lasted almost 200 years, from 1095 to 1291. The initial spark came from Pope Urban II, who urged Christians to recapture the Holy Land (and especially the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem) from Muslim rule. Like the promise of eternal life given to Muslim martyrs, Crusaders were promised absolution from sin and eternal glory.

Militarily, the Crusades were at first successful, capturing Jerusalem in 1099, but eventually a disaster; Jersualem fell in 1187. Successive Crusades set far more modest goals, but eventually failed to achieve even them. The last Crusader-ruled city in the Holy Land, Acre, fell in 1291.

Along the way, the Crusaders massacred. To take but one example, the Rhineland Massacres of 1096 are remembered to this day as some of the most horrific examples of anti-Semitic violence prior to the Holocaust. (Why go to the Holy Land to fight nonbelievers, many wondered, when they live right among us?) The Jewish communities of Cologne, Speyer, Worms, and Mainz were decimated. There were more than 5,000 victims.

And that was only one example. Tens of thousands of people (both soldiers and civilians) were killed in the conquest of Jerusalem. The Crusaders themselves suffered; historians estimate that only one in 20 survived to even reach the Holy Land. It is estimated that 1.7 million people died in total.

And this is all at a time in which the world population was approximately 300 million — less than 5 percent its current total. Muslim extremists would have to kill 34 million people (Muslim and non-Muslim alike) to equal that death toll today. As horrific as the Islamic State’s brutal reign of terror has been, its death toll is estimated at around 20,000.

2. The Inquisition

While most of us regard “The Inquisition” as a particular event, it actually refers to a set of institutions within the Roman Catholic Church that operated from the mid-13th century until the 19th century. One actually still survives, now known as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which was directed by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger before his 2005 election as Pope Benedict XVI.

These institutions were charged with prosecuting heresy — and prosecute they did, executing and torturing thousands of suspected witches, converts from Judaism (many of whom had been forced to convert), Protestants, and all manner of suspected heretics, particularly in the 15th and 16th centuries. Historians estimate that 150,000 people were put on trial by the Inquisition, with 3,000 executed.

Arguably, the Islamic State’s methods of execution — including crucifixion, beheading, and, most recently, burning a prisoner alive — are as gruesome as the Inquistion’s, with its infamous hangings and burnings at the stake. ISIS is also committing systematic rape, which the Inquisition did not, and enslaving children.

As for torture, however, it’s hard to do worse than the Inquisition, which used torture as a method of extracting confessions. Methods included starvation, burning victims’ bodies with hot coals, forced overconsumption of water, hanging by straps, thumbscrews, metal pincers, and of course, the rack. Believe it or not, all of this was meant to be for the victim’s own good: better to confess heresy in this life, even under duress, than to be punished for it in the next.

Contrary to Moore’s statement, the Inquisition was not “outside the moral parameters of Christianity itself and … met with overwhelming moral opposition from Christians.” Though Moore may distinguish between ‘Christianity’ and the Roman Catholic Church, for all intents and purposes the Roman Catholic Church WAS Christianity at the time, or at least claimed to be.

3. Slavery and Jim Crow

“Slaves, obey your masters,” the New Testament says — three times. And indeed, Christian teaching was cited on both sides of the slavery debate, with both slaveholders and abolitionists using it to justify their actions. Segregationists also looked to the “Curse of Ham,” from the story of Noah, and the notion that God had separated the races on different continents. The effects were world-historic in scope: Nearly 12 million people were forced on the “Middle Passage” from Africa to the Americas.

More recently, though the vast majority of Christians abhor it, the Ku Klux Klan, to the present day, still insists that it is a “Christian organization.” There’s a reason the Klan burned crosses alongside its lynchings and acts of arson, after all.

Of course, there was also organized Christian opposition to slavery and to Jim Crow, and Christianity is at least as much the property of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., as of the segregationists and slaveholders of the Old South. But this was precisely Obama’s point: All religions have their hateful extremists, and their prophets of justice.

What about popularity? Do more Muslims support the Islamic State today than Christians supported Jim Crow in the past? No. At the height of the KKK’s popularity in the 1920s, approximately 15 percent of white male Americans were members. That number is eerily similar to the 12 percent of Muslims worldwide who support terrorism today.

In other words, not only is Obama factually correct that Christian extremism across history has been at least as bloody as Muslim extremism today, it is also factually true that such extremisms have been equally popular. True, as Rush Limbaugh points out, the Crusades were “a thousand years ago,” the Inquisition ended 200 years ago, and Jim Crow legally ended in the 1960s. But the president specifically noted that “humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history.”

Which is the real point. There are two narratives about radical Islamists, and indeed about enemies of any sort, that coexist in American culture. According to one, they are different from us — Muslims, Palestinians, Israelis, Communists, you name it. Thus, in the battle against Islamic extremism, Islam is, in part at least, the enemy.

The other narrative is that all peoples, all creeds, all nations contain elements of moderation and extremism. Thankfully, racist Christian extremists are today a tiny minority within American Christianity. But only 100 years ago, they were as popular among American Christians as the Islamic State is among Muslims today. Thus, in the battle against Islamic extremism, it is extremism that is the enemy.

Hysterical commentary notwithstanding, no one is suggesting that Christians are just like the Islamic State. But Obama did suggest that Christianity is like Islam; both faiths have the capacity to be exploited by extremists.

Christians should not be insulted by the facts of history. Rather, all of us should be inspired by them to recognize the dangers of extremism — wherever they lie.

• Downvote 2

Looking at history - there has been violence from Christians against Muslims in the past! Recent violence from Muslims against Christians is fresh on everyone's memories!

Not being a fan of Obummer, I have to admit that he is correct. He might have selected a more favorable venue to voice his opinions but truth is sometimes unwelcome. LOL

Just to give you a little clarification here. 

Obummers is not correct, 

When Christians killed in the name of Jesus, they were going against the teachings of Jesus.

When Muslims kill in the name of Mohammad, they are following the teachings of Mohammad.

• Upvote 5

Obummers is not correct, 

When Christians killed in the name of Jesus, they were going against the teachings of Jesus.

When Muslims kill in the name of Mohammad, they are following the teachings of Mohammad.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196461-obama-insults-christianity-to-excuse-radical-islam/#ixzz3R0jsbNUj

Hermeneutics is the science of interpreting what an author has written. In Christian theology, hermeneutics focuses specifically on constructing and discovering the appropriate rules for interpreting the Bible. These methods and principles, however, are often drawn from outside of scripture in historical, literary or other fields. It inevitably involves exegesis, which is the act of interpreting or explaining the meaning of scripture. The goal in applying the principles of hermeneutics is to "rightly handle the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15), striving to accurately discern the meaning of the text.

Like any religion - Interpretation is the key huh? What you read & interprete is different from what others believe!

Edited by gymrat76541

1. The Crusades

The Crusades lasted almost 200 years, from 1095 to 1291. The initial spark came from Pope Urban II, who urged Christians to recapture the Holy Land (and especially the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem) from Muslim rule. Like the promise of eternal life given to Muslim martyrs, Crusaders were promised absolution from sin and eternal glory.

Militarily, the Crusades were at first successful, capturing Jerusalem in 1099, but eventually a disaster; Jersualem fell in 1187. Successive Crusades set far more modest goals, but eventually failed to achieve even them. The last Crusader-ruled city in the Holy Land, Acre, fell in 1291.

Along the way, the Crusaders massacred. To take but one example, the Rhineland Massacres of 1096 are remembered to this day as some of the most horrific examples of anti-Semitic violence prior to the Holocaust. (Why go to the Holy Land to fight nonbelievers, many wondered, when they live right among us?) The Jewish communities of Cologne, Speyer, Worms, and Mainz were decimated. There were more than 5,000 victims.

And that was only one example. Tens of thousands of people (both soldiers and civilians) were killed in the conquest of Jerusalem. The Crusaders themselves suffered; historians estimate that only one in 20 survived to even reach the Holy Land. It is estimated that 1.7 million people died in total.

And this is all at a time in which the world population was approximately 300 million — less than 5 percent its current total. Muslim extremists would have to kill 34 million people (Muslim and non-Muslim alike) to equal that death toll today. As horrific as the Islamic State’s brutal reign of terror has been, its death toll is estimated at around 20,000.

2. The Inquisition

While most of us regard “The Inquisition” as a particular event, it actually refers to a set of institutions within the Roman Catholic Church that operated from the mid-13th century until the 19th century. One actually still survives, now known as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which was directed by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger before his 2005 election as Pope Benedict XVI.

These institutions were charged with prosecuting heresy — and prosecute they did, executing and torturing thousands of suspected witches, converts from Judaism (many of whom had been forced to convert), Protestants, and all manner of suspected heretics, particularly in the 15th and 16th centuries. Historians estimate that 150,000 people were put on trial by the Inquisition, with 3,000 executed.

Arguably, the Islamic State’s methods of execution — including crucifixion, beheading, and, most recently, burning a prisoner alive — are as gruesome as the Inquistion’s, with its infamous hangings and burnings at the stake. ISIS is also committing systematic rape, which the Inquisition did not, and enslaving children.

As for torture, however, it’s hard to do worse than the Inquisition, which used torture as a method of extracting confessions. Methods included starvation, burning victims’ bodies with hot coals, forced overconsumption of water, hanging by straps, thumbscrews, metal pincers, and of course, the rack. Believe it or not, all of this was meant to be for the victim’s own good: better to confess heresy in this life, even under duress, than to be punished for it in the next.

Contrary to Moore’s statement, the Inquisition was not “outside the moral parameters of Christianity itself and … met with overwhelming moral opposition from Christians.” Though Moore may distinguish between ‘Christianity’ and the Roman Catholic Church, for all intents and purposes the Roman Catholic Church WAS Christianity at the time, or at least claimed to be.

3. Slavery and Jim Crow

“Slaves, obey your masters,” the New Testament says — three times. And indeed, Christian teaching was cited on both sides of the slavery debate, with both slaveholders and abolitionists using it to justify their actions. Segregationists also looked to the “Curse of Ham,” from the story of Noah, and the notion that God had separated the races on different continents. The effects were world-historic in scope: Nearly 12 million people were forced on the “Middle Passage” from Africa to the Americas.

More recently, though the vast majority of Christians abhor it, the Ku Klux Klan, to the present day, still insists that it is a “Christian organization.” There’s a reason the Klan burned crosses alongside its lynchings and acts of arson, after all.

Of course, there was also organized Christian opposition to slavery and to Jim Crow, and Christianity is at least as much the property of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., as of the segregationists and slaveholders of the Old South. But this was precisely Obama’s point: All religions have their hateful extremists, and their prophets of justice.

What about popularity? Do more Muslims support the Islamic State today than Christians supported Jim Crow in the past? No. At the height of the KKK’s popularity in the 1920s, approximately 15 percent of white male Americans were members. That number is eerily similar to the 12 percent of Muslims worldwide who support terrorism today.

In other words, not only is Obama factually correct that Christian extremism across history has been at least as bloody as Muslim extremism today, it is also factually true that such extremisms have been equally popular. True, as Rush Limbaugh points out, the Crusades were “a thousand years ago,” the Inquisition ended 200 years ago, and Jim Crow legally ended in the 1960s. But the president specifically noted that “humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history.”

Which is the real point. There are two narratives about radical Islamists, and indeed about enemies of any sort, that coexist in American culture. According to one, they are different from us — Muslims, Palestinians, Israelis, Communists, you name it. Thus, in the battle against Islamic extremism, Islam is, in part at least, the enemy.

The other narrative is that all peoples, all creeds, all nations contain elements of moderation and extremism. Thankfully, racist Christian extremists are today a tiny minority within American Christianity. But only 100 years ago, they were as popular among American Christians as the Islamic State is among Muslims today. Thus, in the battle against Islamic extremism, it is extremism that is the enemy.

Hysterical commentary notwithstanding, no one is suggesting that Christians are just like the Islamic State. But Obama did suggest that Christianity is like Islam; both faiths have the capacity to be exploited by extremists.

Christians should not be insulted by the facts of history. Rather, all of us should be inspired by them to recognize the dangers of extremism — wherever they lie.

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Hermeneutics is the science of interpreting what an author has written. In Christian theology, hermeneutics focuses specifically on constructing and discovering the appropriate rules for interpreting the Bible. These methods and principles, however, are often drawn from outside of scripture in historical, literary or other fields. It inevitably involves exegesis, which is the act of interpreting or explaining the meaning of scripture. The goal in applying the principles of hermeneutics is to "rightly handle the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15), striving to accurately discern the meaning of the text.

Like any religion - Interpretation is the key huh? What you read & interprete is different from what others believe!

WHAT DID YOU SAY?  :lol:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I don't know about all that,

I'll just let the Holy Spirit tell me. 

You go ahead and keep on , translating, tell us hows that working for you?

When Sharia becomes the law of the land,

I'll become the biggest criminal.

• Upvote 3

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

WHAT DID YOU SAY?  :lol:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I don't know about all that,

I'll just let the Holy Spirit tell me. 

You go ahead and keep on , translating, tell us hows that working for you?

Must be nice to live in your little box - everything is "black or White" no grey areas!

Muslim extrememist are the exact same way! LOL

You go ahead & listen to your "Holy Spirit" or whatever the Minister tells you is truth!

I will research and decide for myself what is right or wrong!

I prefer to look at both sides of an issue BEFORE deciding for myself which is correct. ;)

I even respect your right to believe as you see fit as long as it does not impose of my rights! Have a great day! :)

• Downvote 1

In any war with the civilized man and the savage,

side with the civilized man,

Support Israel, defeat Jihad.

Must be nice to live in your little box - everything is "black or White" no grey areas!

Muslim extrememist are the exact same way! LOL

You go ahead & listen to your "Holy Spirit" or whatever the Minister tells you is truth!

I will research and decide for myself what is right or wrong!

I prefer to look at both sides of an issue BEFORE deciding for myself which is correct. ;)

I even respect your right to believe as you see fit as long as it does not impose of my rights! Have a great day! :)

I will never impose on your rites, as long as you do the same.

As for my minister, you have no idea what God has called me to. 

I LISTEN TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND ONLY HIM.

That makes me the most dangerous man here. 

You can attack God, You can attack Allah, 

but you will NEVER defeat the Holy Spirit.

You wanna know what I fear the most?

Pissing off my God.

I pray that I will never make a move without his approval.

But the biggest problem I have with my faith is that I am a

MARINE. And as such I'm not gonna sit by and do nothing

while a bunch of Satanic Muslims destroy my country.

And in the end, I guess that is a sin. So be it. 

I hope everything is ok mark 

I don't want to go to far

• Upvote 7

Hebrews 10:29-31 (NLT)

29 Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. 30 For we know the one who said,

“I will take revenge.

I will pay them back.”

He also said,

“The Lord will judge his own people.”

31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

“The Lord will judge his own people.”

31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196461-obama-insults-christianity-to-excuse-radical-islam/page-2#ixzz3R0wHJArf

Having made this mistake once, I can tell you that it truly is.

And having been there once, It is my greatest fear to end up there again.

Let everything I do, everything I say, be by the grace of the Father.

Gymrat, I agree with you, video offers additional information , during the christian crusade, a lot of people of non-religions /religions were tortured and killed, during the rise of the christian religion a lot of people were tortured and killed by the jews(Bible) He did not lie, slavery  in this country was said to be and believed by  many people ordained by GOD as right.... in the U.S. He didn't lie, sometimes it's hard to hear our truths! I guess we need to let some know when we want to hear it or accept it.

• Downvote 1