Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deletion of zeros in 2014..jahz and implemented a deferred

Markinsa

Deletion of zeros in 2014..jahz and implemented a deferred

ele_d04f535935a57a5bf4915d6014fd1d35.jpg

BAGHDAD / Obelisk: the project to delete the three zeroes from the currency unchanged if the rest of the major strategic projects, the unstable security situation in the country, where he was supposed to be implemented early 2014 after the creation of the logistical and technical measures by the central bank affected

Sparked fears the government and parliament and the Central Bank of the implementation of this major project, which some have described as possibly exploited by outlaws in achieving their ends despicable, prompting the central bank and in agreement with the financial and economic committees Alniabaten to postpone the implementation of the project over four years to come, until the creation of the appropriate security conditions for its implementation.

Member of the Committee on Economy and Investment Attorney Nora Albjara, attributed the lack of implementation of the project to delete the zeros during 2014 to the unstable security situation in the country, as suggested implemented over the next four years.

Albjara said that "the Central Bank and Financial Committees, economy and investment in the House of Representatives agreed to postpone the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes over the next four years, although the central bank completed all technical and logistical procedures relating to the implementation of the project."

She added: "The reason for the postponement of the implementation of the project and not to be applied in 2014, due to the unstable security situation in most parts of the country, especially in the provinces experiencing control organization (Daash), because it may take advantage of the project by the terrorist groups to achieve their goals Katsyev currency or manipulation of the price of exchange which affects the economic situation in the country. "

The central bank had announced in 2012 that the application for the project to delete the zeros will be in early 2014, after being able to complete all procedures related to the stages of implementation of the project Ktba currencies and contracting with companies.

As a member of the Finance Committee MP Jamal Joker, stressed that the large project is not affected by the security situation, the fact that the central bank taking all things into consideration, noting that the process will be in the form of stages, so do not affect the market or citizen.

• Upvote 4

completed all technical and logistical procedures relating to the implementation of the project

Good catch, I bolded that phrase. :twothumbs:

-

Is not the time to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency

umla-263x300.jpg

Baghdad-Iraq Press -6 February: Parliamentary Finance Committee denied, on Friday, the Central Bank to determine a time limit for the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency, and as confirmed that it supports the project, said that the bank believes that the time is not right to take this step.

The committee member said Jabbar al-Abadi in a press statement, said that "the project to delete the zeros were traded within the Finance Committee," adding that "the central bank rejects this on the grounds that the time is not right now."

He added, "The Finance Committee with the deletion of zeros is subject to many positives reflected on the economic reality," noting that "the numbers in the dinar currency loses its value, and the deletion of zeros because the value of the dinar and the fall of the value of the dollar."

He economist Jamil Antoine, earlier, the deletion of zeros is a restructuring of the coin, and to alleviate the large digital accounts burden treasurers, and alleviate the burden of accountants in counting the transfer of numbers, "but he pointed out that" this is not the time to replace the currency, and that the lack of security and economic stability in Albulad.anthy (1)

• Upvote 1

I  think  this  is  a  little  off  ,    they  say  this isn`t  ready ,  but  like wishful thinking  was  saying   "  they completed  all the  technical  stuff to do it " !      but  the  year  of 2014  ,  this  is the year of  the  ding-a-ling  , malarkey ,  and  nothing gets  done  durning the  year of malarkey !     BUT   lets not  forget ,  this is only what   the members  of  a committee are saying ,   central bank , and  abidi  , can  march  right  in  a  give it  the  big  kick  to start at any time !     go too the  other article  { the last one  in this  post  ,  I gave  about the  same response there ,        banking  is  a whole lot  further  ,  and  security  is   a   heck  of  a lot better ,    the rest of this month  will give  us  a  bunch  of great articles  ........  still looking  for the  one  saying  "  the  great  rush  too obtain  dinars ,  "  or  the  "  lack of u.s. dollars in the markets  puts ,  a  frenzied  push  on  central  too let  lower notes  out "        thanks   folks 

• Upvote 4

If the CBI would just initiate 1-1 that would complete the deletion of zero's. No need for long winded studies or votes or any other bs. How simple can it be you cant expect the average Iraqi to carry a calculator, or much less know how to use one. One to one solves and simplifies anything else will be just to confusing to them, after all they probably don't have a very high level of education with a lot of their infrastructure gone.

• Upvote 4

I remember back when I got into dinar, there was a story about how the day

before the central bank of Kuwait put out a press release saying they would

not re-instate nor RV the KWDinar at all. Then low and behold the very next day

they did. Just for clarification, they simply floated in from ten cents. As best I can

find on the net.

• Upvote 6

"Due to budget constraints, the use of smoke and mirrors will be immediately curtailed. Only one of the items, eithe smoke or mirrors may be used. The use of mirrors over smoke is encouraged because of their reusable nature.'

. Hey Tank my wife has me on the recycle program so much I now need another a 2nd can just for the recycling.

here's yota's article pertaining to this (overall division between the goi and cbi)

The government is moving to the Federal Court on the intersection of budget items with the independence of the Central Bank

05/02/2015
30312zaqsw2x%20(1)xsaq.jpg

BAGHDAD / JD / .. said a source close to the prime minister, said the dispute over the independence of the central bank in the budget items resolves through the Federal Court.
The source, who declined to be named, told / BD /: that the controversy concerning the appeal by the Economic Commission recommended in the Council of Ministers of the materials contained in the budget bill, which intersect with the independence of the central bank will through the Federal Court.
He explained: that such issues be resolved through the law, in case it is not a solution on them.
The Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq on the Keywords revealed yesterday that the Economic Committee of the Council of Ministers recommended to the Council to challenge the material contained in the budget law intersect with the independence of the Bank.

Keywords explained in a statement that the Economic Committee of the Council of Ministers recommended the cabinet to challenge the material contained in the budget law intersect with the independence of the Central Bank, adding that the central bank means to achieve stability in the dinar exchange for the protection of citizens' purchasing power price. / End / description on. 

WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT "STABILITY IN THE DINAR" HERE, THEY MEAN GETTING THE CBI SELL RATE VS THE STREET SELL RATE - WITHIN A CLOSER PARITY - LIKE IT WAS A FEW WEEKS AGO.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196355-the-government-is-moving-to-the-federal-court-on-the-intersection-of-budget-items-with-the-independence-of-the-central-bank/#ixzz3Qz4yee00

• Upvote 3

Deleting the zeros is what we want. It is the removal of three zeros from the nominal rate so .00086 dollars per dinar becomes .86 dollars per dinar or around eighty six cents. The lower denominations would reflect this as a 1000 dinar note would be worth 860.00 dollars and would make it difficult for small purchases like a can of coke. A one dinar note would be worth .86 dollars. Many article have stated that the new notes and the old notes will coexist side by side at face value until the larger note are drawn in. I just wish they would do it already

• Upvote 1

Santa Claus doesn't not where his shiny black boots while delivering Christmas presents

He wears sneakers

Ya can't prove he doesn't , my sources got me on a gag order or I would tell you how I know this

We all read zero deletion storys through out history , we all know what it means

The bank doesn't change the exchange rate they change the currency and the exchange rate is what it is after that

Please if someone could

Please post a link where iraq says it's going to remove zeros of the exchange rate against the U.S. dollar

What about the rest of the exchange rates of the dinar like the Japanese yen

There's not enough zeros on that one

Where does it say they are moving the decimal place ? Show us please were all begging to confirm that

I have never seen anything except one article out of a hundred that said anything pertaining to the nominal value of the dinar changing ,

And it would

The nominal value of the Iqd woukd change if they deleted three zeros

I'm with Zzztop

No one bought any dinar for any zero deletion

At least not at first

Maybe later on a guru said its good if they delete three zeros and some people believed it , who knows

Easter bunny rides a toy poodle when he delivers his goods

Although I did see the Easter bunny riding a mean pitbull one time it looked like it was drunk

Well we will just slide this decimal place over a couple notches like this

See

Now we're rich

• Upvote 2

They talk about removing three zeros

There's only one place where there is consistently three zeros , and that's on the currency

The exchange rate most of you look at is the exchange rate against the US dollar

They have other exchange rates besides the dollar

You get one shot at this and that is that the exchange rate is pegged to the dollar

But that exchange rate to the dollar is 1166 << where's the zeros

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well either you are glad they are deleting zeros or not. Which is it? By increasing the exchange rate of the dinar to 1:1 you are moving the decimal point DL. Whether they talk about it like that or not. Do the math. You bring out small notes with no zeros like a one dinar note. And that note has a value of eighty six cents ( using that number as an example only, could be higher, could be lower) it's not still going to be .00086 is it? It becomes .86 either way it's what we want. When shabbibi was CBI governor we woke up one day and the dinar went from 1170:1 to 1166:1. He did that to show maliki that he could. That was the CBI changing the rate. Delete the zeros from the currency does mean introducing lower denoms I am in total agreement with all who believe that, but it also means an adjustment to the exchange value against all other currencies. Since the dinar is pegged to the dollar that's what we in America talk about but it translates to yen euros or whatever you want to exchange for. Dontlop not sure where you are coming from, sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I think you are nuts. Doesn't matter I respect you opinion you are entitled to it as are we all

Oh yeah one dinar is worth .00086 dollars. Check it out for yourself. Hopefully you can see where the zeros are.

• Upvote 2

There was a link in the lop section that always cleared up this confusion but it's been de-activated..

If anyone cares to do the research there is an explanation as to how the CBI intends to accomplish the zero deletion process.

It appears in the SIGIR report of 6/2010... Like it or not it supports D.L.'s position.