Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

100K ground troops needed to defeat Islamic State, former CIA deputy director says

yota691

former-cia-deputy-director_c0-39-700-447
Michael Morell, former deputy director of the CIA, says 100,000 ground troops are needed to defeat the Islamic State group. (Image: CBS screenshot) more >

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A former deputy director of the CIA said Wednesday that iticon1.png will take 100,000 ground troops to essentially defeat the Islamic State group.

Michael Morell told CBS news: “Unless the coalition is willing to put more ground troops into Iraq and possibly into Syria, there is very little we can do to respond,” to the Sunni radical terror organization.

Mr. Morell’s comments came just one day after the Islamic State group released a video of its members burning Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath Al-Kaseasbeh alive.

“That will simply does not exist here and it doesn’t exist in the other coalition countries — the other coalition countries being western Europe, is what I’m primarily talking about,” Mr. Morell said.

The former deputy director said there are two options for the Obama administration and its allies: They can go after the Islamic State group’s small circle of leadership, or ground troops can be sent in.

“There is not a stomach for that,” Mr. Morell said regarding the deployment of ground troops. 

I don't believe anything he says - he was the one that altered the talking points on Benghazi to remove AlQueda and go along with the video storyline the Administration was using.

He lied in a congressional hearing so why would anyone expect him to tell the truth about ISIS and what it will take to get rid of them.

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe anything he says - he was the one that altered the talking points on Benghazi to remove AlQueda and go along with the video storyline the Administration was using.

He lied in a congressional hearing so why would anyone expect him to tell the truth about ISIS and what it will take to get rid of them.

Thanks TG I must say that you very much impress me with your polical knowledge.

:cowboy2:

Hire 20K Contractors/Ex SF/Marines/Rangers and turn them loose with the equipment and gear they need....Ban the Media and the Liberal PC BS and this would to over in a week or two. Let them fight like they were trained to fight and get it done.

Just my opinion but if 'o' were running the show during WWII we would be speaking German or Japanese that is IF our Grandparent were even alive.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

Hire 20K Contractors/Ex SF/Marines/Rangers and turn them loose with the equipment and gear they need....Ban the Media and the Liberal PC BS and this would to over in a week or two. Let them fight like they were trained to fight and get it done.

Just my opinion but if 'o' were running the show during WWII we would be speaking German or Japanese that is IF our Grandparent were even alive.

Karsten

That's it - let them take the gloves off.

I'm not kidding there are guys and gals that would love to handle this for the World!

Can you imagine a bunch of ISIS terrorist coming in and taking parts of our country?

Do you think we would need another country to come in and do the fighting for us?

American's would be fighting with garden tools, gasoline bombs, sling shots if they did not have guns!

• Upvote 1

It would be suicide for IS to come here and I think they know it. They are surrounded so push them all into the  Mediterranean. If Turkey stands up and closes their Boarders IS has only one way to flee and that means water.

Karsten 

Problem is: Turkey a member country of NATO has supported them!

Then you have Middle Eastern countries like Saudi & Kuwait who will not get involved. :(

If Saudi builds their fence to keep IS out....Iran doesn't want then, Jordan is stepping up to send ground troops, Kuwait has been there and I don't think will it to happen again.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

Push them through Syria to the Med or a little strip of sand to the Gulf and while they are swimming send in the A-10's and a few other gun ships.

Just sayin.....fight to win and this would have been over months ago.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

Your major players are: Syria, Turkey, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi & Jordon. All bording Iraq.

Syria is their home.

Turkey, if not their ally, they are certainly NOT Iraq's! They have NOT supported the fight.

Jordon has supported the fight & seems modivated to provide more NOW!

Saudi has NOT supported the fight, only built walls to keep IS out.

Kuwait has NOT supported the fight.

Iran limited support due to international pressure to stay out.

Edited by gymrat76541

Can you imagine a bunch of ISIS terrorist coming in and taking parts of our country?

Do you think we would need another country to come in and do the fighting for us?

American's would be fighting with garden tools, gasoline bombs, sling shots if they did not have guns!

Agreed, take the politicians out of it and let the American people have a field day, heads would roll, Literally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iets try A large BBQ  !!!!  100,000 Smoked Whole PIGS????????

BOBO 1699   :goodnews: